Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New England Patriots Team Forum

New England Patriots Team Forum Discuss the Pats

Old 04-26-2013, 07:04 AM    (permalink
cmarq83
Pro Bowler

cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah it's tough to say that I was a big fan of that trade. I think we traded a bit too far back with this one. We might have to move back up to get someone who is a decent prospect. Pretty much all of the remaining guys that I like with 1st round talent: (Taylor, Carradine, Hunter) will be long gone by then. We better get Steddy and a 2014 2nd and I'll be happy.
cmarq83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 08:05 AM    (permalink
Blackluck
Rookie

Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The more I think on it, the less I like the trade. Given the dearth of picks I can understand it - too bad we were in that position to begin with. Allen and Woods are likely not going to be Patriots. Two of Baily/Wheaton/Dobson/Wilson, or even a pass catching TE will help ease the anxiety. There's some defensive players I wouldn't mind seeing too.
Blackluck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 08:09 AM    (permalink
Don Vito
Team Leader
All-Pro

Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That trade was tough considering there were so many players who looked like fits still on the board that we thought would be gone. I like the value we got in return especially considering how few picks we have. I honestly hate the trade down mentality, but if there was a year to do it then it is this year. This isn't a top heavy draft but it is very deep so I think it could be a great move in the long run, it just hurt seeing names like Carradine and Patterson on the board.
Don Vito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 08:10 AM    (permalink
AntoinCD
All-Pro

AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmarq83 View Post
Yeah it's tough to say that I was a big fan of that trade. I think we traded a bit too far back with this one. We might have to move back up to get someone who is a decent prospect. Pretty much all of the remaining guys that I like with 1st round talent: (Taylor, Carradine, Hunter) will be long gone by then. We better get Steddy and a 2014 2nd and I'll be happy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackluck View Post
The more I think on it, the less I like the trade. Given the dearth of picks I can understand it - too bad we were in that position to begin with. Allen and Woods are likely not going to be Patriots. Two of Baily/Wheaton/Dobson/Wilson, or even a pass catching TE will help ease the anxiety. There's some defensive players I wouldn't mind seeing too.
My feeling is they don't have a huge difference in grade between guys like Hunter, Woods, Wheaten, Dobson, Patton etc at WR and Taylor, BWW, Poyer, Banks and Alford at CB. I suppose the thinking is, why take one of those guys at 29 when you can pick up 3 extra picks and still likely get at least 2 of those guys.

Right now I would take Wheaten, BWW with the picks we have right now and wouldn't be surprised to see them move the 4th rounder to move up if someone starts to fall to the late 30s - Carradine, Hunter etc

BoneKrusher killing it with the sig
AntoinCD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 08:21 AM    (permalink
Blackluck
Rookie

Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Bills will take Hunter. SF is in a great position and can gamble on some guys. Panthers and Oakland can probably use an extra pick, so maybe there's some trade chances there (So can Jets and Bills but we all but never trade with our division foes.) . I can see the Ravens being aggressive. Doubt anything materializes from the Mallett rumors. Cleveland has a surplus of D lineman, maybe we can do something there.
Old 04-26-2013, 08:28 AM    (permalink
cmarq83
Pro Bowler

cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AntoinCD View Post
My feeling is they don't have a huge difference in grade between guys like Hunter, Woods, Wheaten, Dobson, Patton etc at WR and Taylor, BWW, Poyer, Banks and Alford at CB. I suppose the thinking is, why take one of those guys at 29 when you can pick up 3 extra picks and still likely get at least 2 of those guys.

Right now I would take Wheaten, BWW with the picks we have right now and wouldn't be surprised to see them move the 4th rounder to move up if someone starts to fall to the late 30s - Carradine, Hunter etc
I'm sure that is how they felt since they made the trade. I don't necessarily agree with it though. We don't really have a ton of needs, and depth isn't that big of an issue. There was good talent available at that pick, and instead we traded back to an area where we blow picks in bunches. Blidi and Wheaton are not comparable talents to Hunter, Taylor, and Carradine. I don't like that we might get 2 capable players at the cost of 1 good player. We need the good player.

Now this could all change and we could trade up to grab one of those guys, but I think we traded too far back. I would have been much more content sliding back a handful of spots and picking up 1 pick over trading down an entire round to get 3.
cmarq83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 08:32 AM    (permalink
AntoinCD
All-Pro

AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmarq83 View Post
I'm sure that is how they felt since they made the trade. I don't necessarily agree with it though. We don't really have a ton of needs, and depth isn't that big of an issue. There was good talent available at that pick, and instead we traded back to an area where we blow picks in bunches. Blidi and Wheaton are not comparable talents to Hunter, Taylor, and Carradine. I don't like that we might get 2 capable players at the cost of 1 good player. We need the good player.

Now this could all change and we could trade up to grab one of those guys, but I think we traded too far back. I would have been much more content sliding back a handful of spots and picking up 1 pick over trading down an entire round to get 3.
Yeah I agree. I would have sat at 29 and taken Carradine, though I would have been happy with Hunter or Woods.

I really think the DB class is really close and don't think there is a ton of difference between Taylor and some of the guys I already mentioned.

I actually don't understand how Tank has fallen so far. Some people have made the point he will likely start the year on PUP and teams won't want to use a 1st on a guy like that, but Dion Jordan and Dee Milliner are going to start on PUP and they were top 10 picks. Carradine was comfortably the top player available on my board and a great value, though I do see the logic in trading down

Old 04-26-2013, 08:55 AM    (permalink
BradysKnee
Pro Bowler

BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We all knew in our hearts that trade was coming. Surprised we dropped so far into round two, and personally would've preferred not to, but I think the package the Vikes offered was way too good to pass up.

I'd be surprised if they aren't trying to trade up into the 8-15 range of round 2 and nab someone. There's still some great talent left on the board. Will it last into the 20s? Probably not.
At the end of the day...

Mobility > Accuracy
BradysKnee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 09:51 AM    (permalink
RWills
Veteran

RWills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RWills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RWills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RWills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RWills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RWills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RWills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RWills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RWills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RWills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RWills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like the trade once Rhodes and Hopkin were gone.

There are plenty of WR's who I like a lot more in round 2 than round 1.
-Justin Hunter
-Robert Woods
-Markus Wheaton
-Keenan Allen
-Aaron Dobson
-Quinton Patton
-Terrance Williams
-Stedman Bailey

Same with corners, plenty of guys with much better values than at roun 1
-Blidi-Wreh Wilson
-Jamar Taylor
-Jonathan Banks
-Darius Slay
-Robert Alford
-David Amerson
-Tyran Mathieu
-Dwayne Gratz

and others who I wouldn't be suprised
OL - Dallas Thomas
DT - Kawann Short
DT - Jessee Williams
DT - Jonathan Hankins
DT - John Jenkins
DE - Marqus Hunt
DE - Cornelius Washington
DE - Alex Okafor
DE - Jamie Collins
DE - Damontre Moore
LB - Arthur Brown
LB - Sio Moore
LB - Kiko Alonso
S - Jonathan Cypien
S - DJ Swearinger
S - Shamarko Thomas

I would love to trade Mallett and a 7th to Cleveland for Jabal Sheard and a 4th
3. TE - Ben Koyak - Notre Dame
4. LB - AJ Johnson - Tennessee
5. DE - Anthony Chickillo - Miami
6. WR - Tyler Lockett - Kansas State
7. TE - Clive Walford - Miami
RWills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 10:25 AM    (permalink
BradysKnee
Pro Bowler

BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

On another note I am hoping we take Honey Badger.
At the end of the day...

Mobility > Accuracy
BradysKnee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 10:27 AM    (permalink
Don Vito
Team Leader
All-Pro

Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

My wish list is still intact but it probably won't be for long: Carradine. Da'Rick, Mathieu.

There are a lot of guys on the board I would still love to add.
Don Vito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 11:15 AM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I have no idea wtf were going to do tonight, but I feel pretty positive I'm going to hate it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 11:18 AM    (permalink
AntoinCD
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jvig43 View Post
I have no idea wtf were going to do tonight, but I feel pretty positive I'm going to hate it.
I'm telling you, it will be a CB who will bust in the second, some guy who we've never heard of, a WR who will bust in the 3rd and trade the other 3rd for a future 2nd.

It's groundhog day. BB just trolled us last year by trading up

Old 04-26-2013, 12:03 PM    (permalink
Blackluck
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jvig43 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by AntoinCD View Post
I'm telling you, it will be a CB who will bust in the second, some guy who we've never heard of, a WR who will bust in the 3rd and trade the other 3rd for a future 2nd.

It's groundhog day. BB just trolled us last year by trading up
Haha and I thought I was negative! I can't say I disagree, sadly.
I find it rather bemusing that on other fan boards many are gloating over this trade as if somehow we fleeced the Vikings. Minn did well - while Patterson would really struggle here, he's with a young QB and in a system that can adept to his strengths. At the very least they got a dynamic return guy but a guy with immense upside, and all they gave up for that is a 3 and 4 (and an irrelevant 7.) And yet NE is most probably left taking the same shitastic DB we take every damn draft.

We are without question a very successful franchise, but it's that very success that leads us to remain rigid in our talent evaluation and acquisition. We don't have much time left to get Brady one more ring, and I don't know if we can.
Old 04-26-2013, 12:40 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://www.nfl.com/draft/story/0ap10...h-picked-early

Um yes please.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 01:14 PM    (permalink
proshoota25
Pro Bowler

proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I didn't know how to feel after that trade.... however, I am more inclined to say that I liked it. Knowing the Pats, the Pats prolly had like 10 guys with the same grade.... so they would have prolly taken who they wanted at 29 as they would with Minny's pick. There are a TON of WRs that I love that we should take: Hunter, Woods, Wheaton. CBs: Taylor, Wreh-Wilson, Alford. One of those guys will fall to Minny's pick and wouldn't be surprised if two of them did......

Keep in mind we have the ammo to trade for a 3rd 2nd rounder if we wanted to. I think I would have a huge boner if somehow we ended up with Hunter, Wheaton, and Blidi. That would be awesome.

Thanks to BoneKrusher for this amazing sig!

Go Gators/Pats/Celts/Red Sox!
proshoota25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 04:11 PM    (permalink
Jcn92
Veteran

Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just looking at the Patriots history in the second round since 2009 to look at their tendencies and the type of player they've used their picks on. It's clear that Bill Belichick doesn't just have a tendency to draft players with college degrees and ones that were team captains in the first round, but also in the second round. Only one of his second round picks since 2009 was a true junior, and that was Rob Gronkowski and we can see why he made an exception there. Gronk was the first junior that Belichick has used a draft pick on in the first two rounds since Laurence Maroney.

Patrick Chung-RS SR-Captain
Ron Brace-RS SR
Darius Butler-SR-Captain
Sebastian Vollmer-SR

Rob Gronkowski-JR
Jermaine Cunningham-SR
Brandon Spikes-SR-Captain

Ras-I Dowling-SR-Captain
Shane Vereen-RS JR-Captain

Tavon Wilson-SR-Captain

Looking at the past four years, and after watching the Patriots trade out of the first last night I have to say I would be surprised if the Patriots took Justin Hunter or Tyrann Mathieu in the second round. In my personal opinion I feel that Keenan Allen and Robert Woods are talented enough and the Patriots need a WR bad enough that I could see Belichick drafting either of them. I think the most obvious Bill Belichick pick if they choose to draft a WR is Markus Wheaton. A senior, team captain, comes from a balanced pro-style offense and played for an NFL head coach. Wheaton fits the mold of a Belichick early round draftee.

If they choose to go the route of CB there are ton of players there that fit the mold. Wilson, Taylor, Gratz, Slay, Banks, Amerson and Alford all fit the mold. Gratz and Wilson stand out to me because they are from UCONN and Belichick drafted Butler out of there in 2009. Both are fifth year seniors and team captains, the type of player Belichick likes to draft.

Outside of those two positions Alex Okafor, Jonathan Cyprien, Shamarko Thomas, and DJ Swearinger are all seniors and team captains. If the Patriots choose to go the the route of safety they have a lot of options between those guys. Thomas stands out to me because he played for an NFL coach at Syracuse and the Patriots drafted Chandler Jones out of there last year. I like Okafor as a defensive end for when the Patriots play 4-3.

Last edited by Jcn92 : 04-26-2013 at 08:38 PM.
Jcn92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 04:11 PM    (permalink
Blackluck
Rookie

Twitter chatter pointing to a CB run at the top of the 2nd.
I wonder if we're looking at some of the safety/cb hybrid guys (Evans, E. Wolf. Guess we'll find out soon enough.

Edit: Cross post.
Good list there Jc9.

Last edited by Blackluck : 04-26-2013 at 04:17 PM.
Old 04-26-2013, 04:18 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Location: What do you do when a doo-doo chump punk points a finger like a stump?
FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I was watching all the top D talent coming off the board and when our pick got close I saw no way we actually drafted someone at 29. Solid return on the trade, especially with a good deal of talent on the board still. I'm definitely interested to see how the evening plays out now.

Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs
FlyingElvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 04:41 PM    (permalink
TNPatsFan
Veteran

TNPatsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TNPatsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TNPatsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TNPatsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TNPatsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TNPatsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TNPatsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TNPatsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TNPatsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TNPatsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TNPatsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Lots of good players still available including a number of them that we would have been happy to get at 29. Guys like Woods, Allen, Hunter, Carradine, Short, Wheaton, Jamar Taylor, and others. If they can still get one of these guys, then the trade back becomes a non-issue. They'll get good players tonight. I fully expect them to target one or two guys and make a move up to get one tonight.
TNPatsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 06:07 PM    (permalink
proshoota25
Pro Bowler

proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNPatsFan View Post
Lots of good players still available including a number of them that we would have been happy to get at 29. Guys like Woods, Allen, Hunter, Carradine, Short, Wheaton, Jamar Taylor, and others. If they can still get one of these guys, then the trade back becomes a non-issue. They'll get good players tonight. I fully expect them to target one or two guys and make a move up to get one tonight.
I would agree with you. LETS GO.

Thanks to BoneKrusher for this amazing sig!

Go Gators/Pats/Celts/Red Sox!
proshoota25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 06:13 PM    (permalink
Blackluck
Rookie

From Twitter:

Quote:
James Christensen ‏@NEPatriotsDraft 8m
According to @cpriceNFL, the Patriots have real interest in Illinois' Michael Buchanan. Interesting Bandit (DE/OLB)

Edit: Akeem Spence (DT) and Terry Hawthorne (CB) also ILL products

More scouting from NFP:

Quote:
SUMMARY - He is an extremely frustrating player because when I evaluated Whitney Mercilus for the 2012 NFL Draft, Buchanan was more explosive and productive than Mercilus in nearly every game I evaluated. However, Buchanan's 2012 season was disappointing as he did not produce at a high level consistently and way too often was a non-factor. After a down 2012 season, Buchanan had a chance to get things back on the right track at the Senior Bowl, but he did not step up and have a great week. While he has the height, long arms, athleticism and pass rush skills to play defensive end for a 43 defense, his struggles defeating OT blocks which is why I believe he is best suited to make the switch to OLB in a 34 scheme. Overall, I have a feeling that Buchanan will be drafted higher than I have him rated because of his physical talent, but if he does not improve his competitiveness and aggressiveness he will never become a consistently productive NFL player

Last edited by Blackluck : 04-26-2013 at 06:18 PM.
Old 04-26-2013, 06:37 PM    (permalink
Blackluck
Rookie

Reports NE interested in trading up for T'eo.

/sigh
Old 04-26-2013, 06:46 PM    (permalink
Blackluck
Rookie

Sorry for the spam.
Curran says Hunter a target for NE, Reiss says no.
In short, no one knows anything.

I need a drink :D
Old 04-26-2013, 06:51 PM    (permalink
TNPatsFan
Veteran

TNPatsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TNPatsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TNPatsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TNPatsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TNPatsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TNPatsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TNPatsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TNPatsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TNPatsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TNPatsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TNPatsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hunter goes to the Titans. That's kind of a shocker. So much for teams filling needs. They have much bigger needs than WR.
TNPatsFan is offline   Reply With Quote