Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > St. Louis Rams Team Forum

St. Louis Rams Team Forum Discuss the Rams

Closed Thread

Old 04-26-2013, 07:44 PM    (permalink
stlouisfan37
Veteran

stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Effin Steelers took Leveon Bell:-(
Old 04-26-2013, 08:56 PM    (permalink
freebirdsrams02
Veteran

freebirdsrams02 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.freebirdsrams02 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.freebirdsrams02 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.freebirdsrams02 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.freebirdsrams02 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.freebirdsrams02 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.freebirdsrams02 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.freebirdsrams02 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.freebirdsrams02 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.freebirdsrams02 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.freebirdsrams02 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stlouisfan37 View Post
Effin Steelers took Leveon Bell:-(
Yea that was the first pick I saw. Almost turned the tv off.

Sig made by Falcon from E Oakland

"Spread'em and Shread'em"
Old 04-26-2013, 09:16 PM    (permalink
stlouisfan37
Veteran

stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

#71 is TJ McDonald. Not a huge fan of this pick, but it could have been worse. There is a strong connection there...Fisher was a safety at USC, as was TJ's dad, Tim...Fisher was also Tim's db coach in San Francisco in 1993, so I get it.
Old 04-26-2013, 09:25 PM    (permalink
stlouisfan37
Veteran

Ohhhhhh lookey there...the buccaneers drafted Mike Glennon!
Old 04-26-2013, 10:13 PM    (permalink
yodabear
Magic Fingers
Legend

yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We took Austin's teammate, Steadman Bailey with our other 3rd. I am cool with the safety pick, since that is clearly a spot we need. Love the Bailey pick. Tho, I may have been more with Holt Bruce who said we should maybe look at Lattimore. But it should be cool to have Austin and Bailey, we already know the mesh well on the field together.

And yesterday, loved the Austin pick and I have really grown with the Ogletree pick. Wasn't sure about it at first since he was an ILB in college, and we have Luarnitus, but hearing about his versatility and his athleticism makes me like it. Plus, I trust Jeff Fisher and his team of coaches on defense.
Old 04-26-2013, 10:20 PM    (permalink
stlouisfan37
Veteran

Love the Bailey pick. We're bringing the weapons this year. How about a receiving corps of Austin, Bailey, Quick, Givens and Pettis?
Old 04-26-2013, 11:02 PM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Still a ton of talent on the board.

Phillip Thomas S
Shamarko Thomas S
Jordan Poyer CB
Marcus Lattimore RB
Khaseem Greene LB
Bacarri Rambo RB
Oday Aboushi OT
Jesse Williams DT
Andre Ellington RB
Mike Gileslee RB
Earl Wolff S
Old 04-26-2013, 11:53 PM    (permalink
stlouisfan37
Veteran

That would be sweet if Poyer was still there, or Williams. If no one takes Barkley do we nab him in the 5th?
Old 04-27-2013, 12:09 AM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So what do we got? A 4th, a 5th and two 6ths
Old 04-27-2013, 12:19 AM    (permalink
NGSeiler
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Can I just say how STOKED I am as a WVU alum and a Rams fan?? Tavon and Bailey in horns... I was running laps in my house tonight.
Old 04-27-2013, 12:38 AM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by NGSeiler View Post
Can I just say how STOKED I am as a WVU alum and a Rams fan?? Tavon and Bailey in horns... I was running laps in my house tonight.
Haha I figured you were. Really like Stedman
Old 04-27-2013, 01:20 AM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

With us drafting TJ Mcdonald, I think a good cover safety like Phillip Thomas makes a lot of sense in the fourth round. I want Lattimore but I think there is still going to be quality backs on the board in the 5th and 6th round.
Old 04-27-2013, 02:27 AM    (permalink
stlouisfan37
Veteran

I wouldn't mind seeing us pair those two 6's together to get another 5. This draft is running out of talent quickly. I don't think the last 2 rounds will produce much fruit.
Old 04-27-2013, 04:39 AM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

Quote:
I wouldn't mind seeing us pair those two 6's together to get another 5. This draft is running out of talent quickly. I don't think the last 2 rounds will produce much fruit.
What are still positions we need to fill?

RB - Need depth here, I believe there are still guys out there with the potential to start in this league.....Marcus Lattimore, Mike Gillislee, Johnathan Franklin, Stepfan Taylor, Zac Stacy, Dennis Johnson, Miguel Maysonet, Latavius Murray, Andre Ellington and I love guys like Theo Riddick. There are still a lot of Quality players here so we may wait till the 6th round to pick one up. Hurts, cuz I really want Lattimore.

Safety - Would think we would need more of a cover safety since we drafted TJ Mcdonald and have Darian Stewart on the roster, both aren't really known for being good cover guys. first 5-choices probably in order....Phillip Thomas, Bacarri Rambo, Tony Jefferson, Earl Wolff, Robert Lester and then Duke Williams. The Safety group is running thin, wouldn't be surprised if we take one of these guys in the 4th round.

Offensive Line - Everyone wants Barrett Jones, but I just don't see it. To me he's nothing more than a career backup with no potential to even be a starter in this league. I think Rams could look at Earl Watford, Alvin Bailey, Brian Schwenke, Dalton Freeman, David Quessenberry, Oday Aboushi, Chris Faulk, David Bakhtiari, Xaviar Nixon......Still some quality players on the o-line. I think I would prefer one of the last five I listed. I just think Fisher is happier with his line than a lot of people think. You have Scott Wells at Center, Jake Long and Saffold as your two tackles, Harvey Dahl filling a guard spot and the other spot is going to be a battle between Rok and Chris Williams. I think the Rams need to draft someone in the 5th or 6th round to "redshirt" so he can take over for Saffold next year when he leaves. My choice would be Oday.
Old 04-27-2013, 08:52 AM    (permalink
NGSeiler
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by holt_bruce81 View Post
With us drafting TJ Mcdonald, I think a good cover safety like Phillip Thomas makes a lot of sense in the fourth round. I want Lattimore but I think there is still going to be quality backs on the board in the 5th and 6th round.
I could not agree more! I think Philip Thomas makes all the sense in the world on Day Three as a center-fielding coverage safety. I was hoping for him in the third round, so I'm all for him at any point from here on out. There are other safeties that could fill that role as well that would be fine, but Thomas sits on top of my safety rankings at the moment.

Springboarding off of your positional/prospect list, my favorite remaining prospects at positions of need include, in no particular order...

RB: Johnathan Franklin, Marcus Lattimore, Mike Gillislee, Andre Ellington

OL: Oday Aboushi, Brian Schwenke, David Quessenberry, Earl Watford, Ricky Wagner, Alvin Bailey, Jordan Mills

S: Philip Thomas, Bacarri Rambo, Tony Jefferson, Josh Evans, Duke Williams, Earl Wolff, Robert Lester
Old 04-27-2013, 10:48 AM    (permalink
703SKINS202
Pro Bowler

703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I am so jealous of you NGSeiler.

Rams fans are gonna fall in love with Stedman, while everyones attention will be on Tavon, Stedman will quietly be Bradford's most reliable weapon. Plays a lot like Steve Smith from the Panthers imo, not as explosive but better hands and body control. Kid can make plays.

Stedman Bailey 2012 Stat Tracker:
12 Games, 106 Rec, 1501 yards, 23 TD's

Steddy Ambition!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aOnISzeG2Ao
Old 04-27-2013, 11:23 AM    (permalink
NGSeiler
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by 703SKINS202 View Post
I am so jealous of you NGSeiler.

Rams fans are gonna fall in love with Stedman, while everyones attention will be on Tavon, Stedman will quietly be Bradford's most reliable weapon. Plays a lot like Steve Smith from the Panthers imo, not as explosive but better hands and body control. Kid can make plays.
I'm pretty excited, to say the least. :)

Also, Stedman is already tweeting at Torry Holt to see if he can get in contact with him and learn about what it's like to be a successful pro in St. Louis.
Old 04-27-2013, 11:27 AM    (permalink
703SKINS202
Pro Bowler

703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NGSeiler View Post
I'm pretty excited, to say the least. :)

Also, Stedman is already tweeting at Torry Holt to see if he can get in contact with him and learn about what it's like to be a successful pro in St. Louis.
I've been following his career since he got to WVU and although I don't know him personally he couldn't seem to have a better head on his shoulders. Class act, extremely hard worker.

Stedman Bailey 2012 Stat Tracker:
12 Games, 106 Rec, 1501 yards, 23 TD's

Steddy Ambition!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aOnISzeG2Ao
Old 04-27-2013, 12:55 PM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

Shows ya what I know lol
Old 04-27-2013, 01:01 PM    (permalink
freebirdsrams02
Veteran

freebirdsrams02 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.freebirdsrams02 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.freebirdsrams02 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.freebirdsrams02 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.freebirdsrams02 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.freebirdsrams02 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.freebirdsrams02 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.freebirdsrams02 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.freebirdsrams02 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.freebirdsrams02 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.freebirdsrams02 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Barrett Jones can play any spot on the O-line and was the leader of the dominate Alabama line. He helps shore up the line.

Lattimore, Franklin, Gillisee, or Taylor.

Sig made by Falcon from E Oakland

"Spread'em and Shread'em"
Old 04-27-2013, 01:09 PM    (permalink
stlouisfan37
Veteran

I like the Barrett Jones pick. A lot.
Old 04-27-2013, 01:24 PM    (permalink
stlouisfan37
Veteran

Every year the Seahawks take one of my favorite players. This year is no exception. Hawks take Chris Harper.
Old 04-27-2013, 01:31 PM    (permalink
stlouisfan37
Veteran

Earl Wolff, Bacarri Rambo, Jordan Poyer, Terry Hawthorne, William Gholston, Marcus Lattimore, Joseph Fauria, Matt Furstenburg, Jesse Williams still on the board.
Old 04-27-2013, 01:41 PM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

Quote:
Every year the Seahawks take one of my favorite players. This year is no exception. Hawks take Chris Harper.
Seattle takes your boys, 49ers take mine........Aldon Smith, Kap, AJ Jenkins and now Patton
Old 04-27-2013, 01:51 PM    (permalink
NGSeiler
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

Love the Barrett Jones pick.

49ers just took Lattimore. Time to turn on him, Rams fans.