Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > San Francisco 49ers Team Forum

San Francisco 49ers Team Forum Discuss the 49ers

Old 04-26-2013, 08:41 PM    (permalink
edgrenade
Veteran

edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

yes Jesse Williams still available
Old 04-26-2013, 08:50 PM    (permalink
Justone2
Veteran

Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jesse Williams would be a very nice pick in my eyes.
Justone2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 08:55 PM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Trade up for Lemonier! Love it great depth at SAM behind Brooks.
Menardo75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 08:55 PM    (permalink
edgrenade
Veteran

edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just traded up for Corey Lemonier

This is the draft we were expecting last year
Old 04-26-2013, 08:57 PM    (permalink
farfromforgotten
Veteran

farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Another great pick. I know several of us liked Lemonier, as well. Happy Draft Days, my fellow 49er fans!
farfromforgotten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 09:00 PM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!

I really wanted Barrett but I've been talking up Lemonier for quite some time now. Its offical, I'm now satisfied. No more draft for me. Ladies and gentlemen, goodnight and God bless.
VAfy-ya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 09:01 PM    (permalink
Shupp
Veteran

Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What did we give up?

Quote:
Originally Posted by VAfy-ya:The lack of ignorance in this thread is alarming.
Shupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 09:01 PM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shupp View Post
What did we give up?
A 7th haha
Menardo75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 09:06 PM    (permalink
farfromforgotten
Veteran

farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Menardo75 View Post
A 7th haha
What a beautiful use of extra picks. This is awesome.
Old 04-26-2013, 09:06 PM    (permalink
edgrenade
Veteran

I absolutely love this draft

Btw, the 7th was the one we got from the Titans in our trade down :D
Old 04-26-2013, 09:08 PM    (permalink
Justone2
Veteran

Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Baalke is just trolling right now i think. Just offers some crazy deal and the packers just accept it two times in a row. Great way of making sure you get the guy you want. If i am correct we still have 7 picks and basically haven't given up much for all the trades we made and i really think we even got better because of the Titans trade which got us Carradine, Lemonier(traded the Titans 7th) and a 3rd next year.
Old 04-26-2013, 09:11 PM    (permalink
49ersfan_87
Pro Bowler

49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VAfy-ya View Post
YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!

I really wanted Barrett but I've been talking up Lemonier for quite some time now. Its offical, I'm now satisfied. No more draft for me. Ladies and gentlemen, goodnight and God bless.
I like the Reid, Carradie, and Lemonier picks. Unsure about the McDonald pick. What can you tell me about him? Just curious. I think you liked him.
49ersfan_87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 09:17 PM    (permalink
edgrenade
Veteran

I like McDonald because he is in the Delanie mold. He is very athletic and versatile
Old 04-26-2013, 09:21 PM    (permalink
farfromforgotten
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49ersfan_87 View Post
I like the Reid, Carradie, and Lemonier picks. Unsure about the McDonald pick. What can you tell me about him? Just curious. I think you liked him.
My take: Kelce or McDonald were the TE's I wanted for us. I didn't think there was any way that Eifert would end up with us and I didn't think Ertz made sense for us.

McDonald is a very well put together TE. Has the size, very good athleticism for size, is a good blocker. Hard worker. Plays all over the field. Not the best hands. Makes a lot of sense as a guy to replace Delanie Walker in our offense. Love the pick.

From NFL.com profile:

STRENGTHS Used all over the formation but mainly as a slot receiver. Smooth athlete, comfortable in space for someone his size. Engages with good hand placement when blocking, uses body to shield off running lane. Very long arms, flashes using them to his advantage when run blocking. Sticks to the latch even if jolted on first contact. Flashes driving smaller defenders to the ground. Fluid mover after the catch, natural with the ball in his hands, reads upfield blocks and cuts off of them. Plenty of receiver screens, shows patience and strength to finish off runs. Snap-to-whistle player, known to make multiple blocks on the same play. Comfortable with bucket catches. Quickly turns upfield and makes the most of each play. Can make contested catches. Hands catcher away from his body.

WEAKNESSES Lacks strength on first contact. Majority of blocking took place in space, no inline, which could show in NFL. At least one drop or bobble per game, occurred even more often at the Senior Bowl. Most occur when he has to adjust or move off his stationary spot. Other times when the ball gets there quickly, unexpected targets. Would like to see him high point more frequently.
Old 04-26-2013, 09:21 PM    (permalink
Shupp
Veteran

Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Great trade.

Btw..not surprised Barrett slipped...he really played extremely high for a Center and his STR is a question mark

Quote:
Old 04-26-2013, 09:24 PM    (permalink
chapo123
Veteran

chapo123 is a cocksman.chapo123 is a cocksman.chapo123 is a cocksman.chapo123 is a cocksman.chapo123 is a cocksman.

corey lemonier vance mcdonald are not bad pickups
chapo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 09:24 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Must admit that im happy with all of our selections.....and we still have 7 picks tomorrow...plus an extra 3rd rounder next year.....

And you guys thought that I didnt like Baalke??? No no no, love the guy. :)

And cant believe that Jesse Williams is still available. In the fourth round, I would try to trade up for him and trade up for Barrett Jones. Get a returner and bam, done. :)
dan77733 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 09:26 PM    (permalink
49ersfan_87
Pro Bowler

49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So....grade for the 49ers draft (so far)?

18: Eric Reid, S (trade 31+74)
40: Tank Carradine, DE (trade 34 for 40+216+future 3rd)
55: Vance McDonald, TE (trade 61+173)
88: Corey Lemonier, OLB (trade 93+216)

We've traded for every pick, either up or down. Not a single pick was made at the original spot. And we got a potential 5-tech replacement for Justin, a FS to replace Goldson, a TE to replace Walker, and another OLB/Pass Rusher. Speaking need wise.
49ersfan_87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 09:29 PM    (permalink
chapo123
Veteran

chapo123 is a cocksman.chapo123 is a cocksman.chapo123 is a cocksman.chapo123 is a cocksman.chapo123 is a cocksman.

Quote:

We've traded for every pick, either up or down. Not a single pick was made at the original spot. And we got a potential 5-tech replacement for Justin, a FS to replace Goldson, a TE to replace Walker, and another OLB/Pass Rusher. Speaking need wise.
i like what i see so far
chapo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 09:32 PM    (permalink
farfromforgotten
Veteran

We still have picks 128 and 131, right?

Jesse Williams, Da'Rick Rogers, and Jordan Poyer are my favorites left.
Old 04-26-2013, 09:34 PM    (permalink
Justone2
Veteran

Amazing draft in my eyes. Using picks that have little chance making the roster to make sure you get the guys you want.

For tomorrow i hope for a C, OT, WR(RS), CB, MLB, QB and DT.

Still have:

Can be a great day tomorrow if Baalke keeps going like this.

Little mock:
4.128 Jordan Poyer
4.131 Khaled Holmes
5.157 David Quessenberry
6.180 Ace Sanders
7.237 Landry Jones
7.246 Lawrence Okoye
7.252 Caleb Sturgis

Last edited by Justone2 : 04-26-2013 at 09:40 PM.
Old 04-26-2013, 09:34 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Easily an A-, A or A+ depending on how you want to look at it.

Reid replaces Goldson, Carradine has a year to come along and hopefully replace Justin in 2014, McDonald replaces Walker and Lemonier will add depth at OLB and allow Aldon and Ahmad to rest at times.

Tomorrow, we still have SEVEN draft picks and we acquired an additional 3rd round draft pick from the Titans for next year.

With seven draft picks tomorrow, im hoping for DL Jesse Williams, C Barrett Jones, Lawrence Okoye, a kick/punt returner, a backup OT and quite honestly, I wouldnt even mind drafting Lattimore in the 6th or 7th if he's still there.
Old 04-26-2013, 09:35 PM    (permalink
Shupp
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by farfromforgotten View Post
We still have picks 128 and 131, right?

Jesse Williams, Da'Rick Rogers, and Jordan Poyer are my favorites left.
Yes sir.

Barrett Jones
Jesse Williams
John Jenkins
Shamarko Williams
Marcus Lattimore

Quote:
Old 04-26-2013, 09:35 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

Only thing that sucks is that barring a move up, we dont draft until 128 in the fourth round tomorrow. Other than that, I dont have any complaints whatsoever.
Old 04-26-2013, 09:36 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

Duke Williams still available? Jeez....its funny how the higher ranked guys always go after the lower ranked guys in the mid to late rounds.