Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Old 04-26-2013, 08:29 PM    (permalink
dsc1600
Veteran

dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Funny thing is, had they picked Williams in rd 2 and Escobar in rd 3, we'd probably be excited about the "value".
dsc1600 is offline   Reply With Quote
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

JJ Wilcox our new Safety

The greastest team of all time...The OKLAHOMA SOONERS!!! http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3849468
pocketaces is offline   Reply With Quote
chrlopez1
Veteran

chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

JJ Wilcox is our pick
chrlopez1 is offline   Reply With Quote
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Eh Terrance Williams is not my pet cat but I do have a soft spot for him. NICE PICK!

I know I'm late... came out of a work meeting. gah.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
DrewyVuitton
Veteran

DrewyVuitton is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrewyVuitton is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrewyVuitton is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrewyVuitton is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrewyVuitton is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrewyVuitton is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrewyVuitton is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrewyVuitton is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrewyVuitton is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrewyVuitton is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrewyVuitton is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsc1600 View Post
Funny thing is, had they picked Williams in rd 2 and Escobar in rd 3, we'd probably be excited about the "value".
True. Wouldn't have been a fan in a need based line of thought, but I agree. Value would have seemed more on point.
DrewyVuitton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 08:31 PM    (permalink
DrewyVuitton
Veteran

DrewyVuitton is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrewyVuitton is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrewyVuitton is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrewyVuitton is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrewyVuitton is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrewyVuitton is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrewyVuitton is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrewyVuitton is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrewyVuitton is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrewyVuitton is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrewyVuitton is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pocketaces View Post
JJ Wilcox our new Safety
Hmmm could only find 2 games of him when looking for tape.

Good raw tools. Kinda sloppy. Inconsistent tackler. Not great reacting in coverage.

Although from what I understand, he was an offensive player up until this last season when he switched to safety?
Old 04-26-2013, 08:33 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrewyVuitton View Post
Hmmm could only find 2 games of him when looking for tape.

Good raw tools. Kinda sloppy. Inconsistent tackler. Not great reacting in coverage.

Although from what I understand, he was an offensive player up until this last season when he switched to safety?
Yup, was a WR

The greastest team of all time...The OKLAHOMA SOONERS!!! http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3849468
Old 04-26-2013, 08:34 PM    (permalink
Im_a_Romosexual
Pro Bowler

Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

AOA??????????

dont know much other than WR Conversion
Im_a_Romosexual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 08:34 PM    (permalink
DrewyVuitton
Veteran

Never was a Phillip Thomas fan. Says a lot the Cowboys would rather have a guy who's only played 1 year over a career safety.

Would have liked Rambo, although he's a terrible tackler, or Duke Williams but at least JJ Wilcox has tools.
Old 04-26-2013, 08:36 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Maybe I'd like that pick if we had 2 established veterans, but this is all we do is draft mid round jags at safety every year anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 08:37 PM    (permalink
DrewyVuitton
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Im_a_Romosexual View Post
AOA??????????

dont know much other than WR Conversion
That's a theme in Dallas which seems to be a problem. Taking small school safeties and hoping they pan out.

AOA -- some wack Indiana university.

Church -- biggest school, Tulane I believe.

Johnson -- eastern Washington

Wilcox -- Georgia Southern
Old 04-26-2013, 08:43 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrlopez1 View Post
JJ Wilcox is our pick
You're all gonna LOVE him. NUFCED.

SS type though.
Old 04-26-2013, 08:44 PM    (permalink
chrlopez1
Veteran

chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ditto D-Unit.

I am sure those others.....work as scouts. We are all fans and we all have different opinons and we don't know how each player will turn out. Don't get bend out of shape and just support the players we get.
chrlopez1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 08:45 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Mayock had high praise for Wilcox. Calls him a starting safety and says he will compete for the job. I can't say I know much about him confidently to say either way but it's nice that he endorses it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 08:49 PM    (permalink
crisco0710
Rookie

crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm reading that Escobar only played in 11 games the last two seasons due to being inconsistent. So we took a guy who could barely crack the starting lineup at SDSU with our second pick? I need to go watch some highlights of him. Can anybody give me a breakdown of Escobar's skill set?
crisco0710 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 08:53 PM    (permalink
E-Man
Pro Bowler

E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I guess Williams is sort of for the future and prep for potential injuries with Dez and Austin. I think that this motivates Harris more. I ******* love that guy, and he stepped his game up big time last year. Williams was super productive, so it's hard for me not to see his potential as a future #2.

Wilcox is a safety, and I wanted a safety. Kinda like with Frederick I'm glad they're addressing the position with a high pick. I gotta admit that I was hoping for Phillip Thomas since he's got a lot of turnovers on his record, but I haven't seen Wilcox to say if he's a bad pick or not. If they like him then so be it for now.

Da riddum is too much for you.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nKx27QrgO0
E-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 08:58 PM    (permalink
FreshBoy!
Veteran

FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Loving the draft.... so far.
FreshBoy! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 09:03 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrewyVuitton View Post

Have a bunch of yes-men and subordinates in here. Easy to see very few leaders. No trend setters.
There are some unique perspectives on this site. I know I spend enough time evaluating these players so I am able to give my own opinion and provide my own rankings, but if someone doesn't agree with me, I am not gonna sit here and throw a tantrum till they agree with me.

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 09:09 PM    (permalink
E-Man
Pro Bowler

E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Listening to the Wilcox interview, he's country as hell! lol He sounds really confident and ready to play though. Henderson gets on during the interview, and he's talking about how he loves his passion. I love that! I want some passion in the defense. I'm getting a little excited listen to this.

Da riddum is too much for you.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nKx27QrgO0
E-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 09:14 PM    (permalink
TheFinisher
Pro Bowler

TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like it so far, was a little "meh" on the Escobar pick but he's a nice redzone target day 1 with the tools to develop into a matchup problem. Really liked the Williams pick. He fits the height/weight/speed we look for on the outside and protects us if Miles or Dez miss time. If he reaches his potential he's a legit #2 WR.

Wilcox is an intriguing guy. I've read articles on him throughout the process and the general consensus is big upside. Following the safety competition in TC should be fun.

Here's a highlight vid of Wilcox...

Old 04-26-2013, 09:42 PM    (permalink
crisco0710
Rookie

crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by crisco0710 View Post
I'm reading that Escobar only played in 11 games the last two seasons due to being inconsistent. So we took a guy who could barely crack the starting lineup at SDSU with our second pick? I need to go watch some highlights of him. Can anybody give me a breakdown of Escobar's skill set?
Looks like my post wound up getting page trapped. What's with Escobar only playing in 11 games the last two seasons?

As for D-Unit, he's got a beautiful family, sweet job, and can catch some of the best waves in the world with a short walk to the beach. I'm pretty sure he is completely satisfied with what life has brought him.
crisco0710 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 09:52 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

Guys still available

31. Jesse Williams | 6'3 3/8, 323 pounds | Defensive tackle | Alabama
43. Khaseem Greene | 6'0 3/4, 241 pounds | Outside linebacker | Rutgers
50. Alex Okafor | 6'4 1/2, 264 pounds | Defensive end | Texas
56. Matt Barkley | 6'2 1/2, 227 pounds | Quarterback | Southern California
58. Marcus Lattimore | 5'11 1/4, 221 pounds | Running back | South Carolina *
59. Jordan Poyer | 5'11 7/8, 197 pounds | Cornerback | Oregon State
60. Quinton Patton | 6'0, 204 pounds | Wide receiver | Louisiana Tech
63. Barrett Jones | 6'4, 305 pounds | Center | Alabama
64. Da'Rick Rogers | 6'2 1/4, 217 pounds | Wide receiver | Tennessee Tech *
71. Johnathan Franklin | 5'10, 205 pounds | Running back | UCLA
72. Shamarko Thomas | 5'10, 206 pounds | Safety | Syracuse
78. William Gholston | 6'6 1/4, 281 pounds | Defensive end | Michigan State *
80. Brian Schwenke | 6'3, 314 pounds | Center | California
81. Brandon Jenkins | 6'2, 251 pounds | Outside linebacker | Florida State
83. Tyler Wilson | 6'2 1/8, 215 pounds | Quarterback | Arkansas
85. Chase Thomas | 6'3, 240 pounds | Outside linebacker | Stanford
86. Joseph Randle | 6'0, 204 pounds | Running back | Oklahoma State *
89. Nico Johnson | 6'2, 248 pounds | Middle linebacker | Alabama
90. Tyler Bray | 6'6, 232 pounds | Quarterback | Tennessee *
91. Andre Ellington | 5'9 1/2, 199 pounds | Running back | Clemson
92. Oday Aboushi | 6'5 1/4, 308 pounds | Offensive tackle | Virginia
95. Dion Sims | 6'5, 276 pounds | Tight end | Michigan State *
96. Ryan Nassib | 6'2 1/8 227 pounds | Quarterback | Syracuse
100. Jordan Mills | 6'5, 316 pounds | Offensive tackle | Louisiana Tech
103. Zac Dysert | 6'3, 231 pounds | Quarterback | Miami (Ohio)
104. Jelani Jenkins | 6'0, 243 pounds | Outside linebacker | Florida *
106. Gerald Hodges | 6'1, 243 pounds | Outside linebacker | Penn State
108. Denard Robinson, 5'10 1/2, 199 pounds | Athlete | Michigan
109. Akeem Spence | 6'0 5/8, 307 pounds | Defensive tackle | Illinois *
110. Matt Scott | 6'2, 213 pounds | Quarterback | Arizona
111. Reid Fragel | 6'7 /58, 308 pounds | Offensive tackle | Ohio State
113. B.W. Webb | 5'10, 184 pounds | Cornerback | William & Mary
115. Michael Williams | 6'6, 270 pounds | Tight end | Alabama
116. Kwame Geathers | 6'5 3/8, 342 pounds | Defensive tackle | Georgia *
117. Ryan Swope | 6'0 1/4, 205 pounds | Wide receiver | Texas A&M
118. Landry Jones | 6'4 1/4, 225 pounds | Quarterback | Oklahoma
119. Ryan Otten | 6'6, 245 pounds | Tight end | San Jose State
121. Joe Kruger | 6'6 1/4, 269 pounds | Defensive end | Utah *
122. Nick Kasa | 6'6, 269 pounds | Tight end | Colorado
123. Alvin Bailey | 6'3, 312 pounds | Guard | Arkansas *
124. Ace Sanders | 5'7, 173 pounds | Wide receiver | South Carolina *
127. Jawan Jamison | 5'7 3/8, 203 pounds | Running back | Rutgers **
129. Malliciah Goodman | 6'4, 276 pounds | Defensive end | Clemson
130. Levine Toilolo | 6'7, 263 pounds | Tight end | Stanford *
132. Lerentee McCray | 6'2, 250 pounds | Outside linebacker | Florida
134. Quanterus Smith | 6'5, 250 pounds | Defensive end | Western Kentucky
135. Cornelius Washington | 6'4, 265 pounds | Outside linebacker | Georgia
136. Kenjon Barner | 5'9 1/4, 196 pounds | Running back | Oregon
137. Tony Jefferson | 5'10, 212 pounds | Safety | Oklahoma *
138. Josh Boyce | 5'11, 206 pounds | Wide receiver | TCU *
139. Mike Edwards | 5'11 1/4, 186 pounds | Cornerback | Hawaii *
140. T.J. Barnes | 6'6 1/4, 369 pounds | Defensive tackle | Georgia Tech
141. Stepfan Taylor | 5'9 1/8, 214 pounds | Running back | Stanford
142. Kenny Stills | 6'0 1/2, 194 pounds | Wide receiver | Oklahoma *
143. Joseph Fauria | 6'7, 258 pounds | Tight end | UCLA
144. Ricky Wagner | 6'6 1/8, 308 pounds | Offensive tackle | Wisconsin
145. J.C. Tretter | 6'4, 307 pounds | Guard | Cornell
146. Sean Porter | 6'1 1/4, 229 pounds | Outside linebacker | Texas A&M
147. Tharold Simon | 6'2, 202 pounds | Cornerback | LSU *
148. Mike Gillislee | 5'11 1/4, 208 pounds | Running back | Florida
149. Earl Wolff | 6'0, 207 pounds | Safety | North Carolina State
150. John Simon | 6'1, 257 pounds | Defensive end | Ohio State
152. Mark Harrison | 6'2 7/8, 231 pounds | Wide receiver | Rutgers
153. Everett Dawkins | 6'2 1/8, 292 pounds | Defensive tackle | Florida State
154. Bacarri Rambo | 6'0, 218 pounds | Safety | Georgia
155. Ryan Griffin | 6'6, 247 pounds | Tight end | Connecticut
156. Sean Renfree | 6'3, 219 pounds | Quarterback | Duke
157. Jack Doyle | 6'6, 253 pounds | Tight end | Western Kentucky
158. Michael Buchanan | 6'5 3/8, 255 pounds | Defensive end | Illinois
159. Steve Williams | 5'8 7/8, 181 pounds | Cornerback | California *
160. Kevin Reddick | 6'3, 240 pounds | Middle linebacker | North Carolina
161. Adrian Bushell | 5'9 3/8, 186 pounds | Cornerback | Louisville
162. Zac Stacy | 5'8 3/8, 216 pounds | Running back | Vanderbilt
163. Chris Faulk | 6'5, 331 pounds | Offensive tackle | LSU *
164. Marquess Wilson | 6'2 5/8, 194 pounds | Wide receiver | Washington State *
165. David Quessenberry | 6'4 7/8, 302 pounds | Offensive tackle | San Jose State
166. Chris Harper | 6'0 3/4, 229 pounds | Wide receiver | Kansas State
167. Lavar Edwards | 6'4, 277 pounds | Defensive end | LSU
168. Ray Graham | 5'9 1/8, 199 pounds | Running back | Pittsburgh
169. Chris Gragg | 6'3, 236 pounds | Tight end | Arkansas
170. Alex Hurst | 6'6, 340 pounds | Offensive tackle | LSU
171. Devin Taylor | 6'7, 266 pounds | Defensive end | South Carolina
172. Cobi Hamilton | 6'1 3/4, 212 pounds | Wide receiver | Arkansas
173. DeVonte Holloman | 6'1 3/8, 243 pounds | Outside linebacker | South Carolina
174. Xavier Nixon | 6'5 1/2, 321 pounds | Offensive tackle | Florida
175. Duke Williams | 5'11, 203 pounds | Safety | Nevada
176. Stansly Maponga | 6'2, 256 pounds | Defensive end | TCU *
177. Jake Knott | 6'2, 243 pounds | Outside linebacker | Iowa State
178. JJ Willcox | 6'0, 215 pounds | Safety | Georgia Southern
179. Chris Jones | 6'1 5/8, 302 pounds | Defensive tackle | Bowling Green
183. Johnny Adams | 5'10 1/4, 185 pounds | Cornerback | Michigan State
184. Mychal Rivera | 6'3 1/2, 242 pounds | Tight end | Tennessee
185. Phillip Thomas | 6'1, 215 pounds | Safety | Fresno State
186. Nickell Robey | 5'7 1/4, 169 pounds | Cornerback | Southern California *
187. Travis Bond | 6'5 7/8, 329 pounds | Guard | North Carolina
188. A.J. Klein | 6'1 1/4, 250 pounds | Middle linebacker | Iowa State
189. Damion Square | 6'2, 293 pounds Defensive end | Alabama
191. Kerwynn Williams | 5'8 1/8, 189 pounds | Running back | Utah State
192. Robert Lester | 6'2, 210 pounds | Safety | Alabama
193. Mike Catapano | 6'4, 270 pounds | Defensive end | Princeton
194. Adam Replogle | 6'3, 299 pounds | Defensive tackle | Indiana
195. Dennis Johnson | 5'9, 213 pounds | Running back | Arkansas
196. Omoregie Uzzi | 6'3, 300 pounds | Guard | Georgia Tech
197. Josh Johnson | 5'10, 199 pounds | Cornerback | Purdue
198. Steve Beauharnais | 6'0 7/8, 240 pounds | Middle linebacker | Rutgers
199. D.J. Harper | 5'9 1/8, 211 pounds | Running back | Boise State
200. Trevardo Williams | 6'2, 233 pounds | Outside linebacker/ Defensive end | Connecticut

Old 04-26-2013, 09:57 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by crisco0710 View Post
Looks like my post wound up getting page trapped. What's with Escobar only playing in 11 games the last two seasons?

As for D-Unit, he's got a beautiful family, sweet job, and can catch some of the best waves in the world with a short walk to the beach. I'm pretty sure he is completely satisfied with what life has brought him.
Wassup Crisco! Was wondering if you'd be stopping by during the draft. Thanks for having my back.

As for Escobar, I think most of us here are still learning about him. We hadn't spoken about him here too much leading up to the draft... at least in the Cowboys thread. I hadn't even heard of him until he declared for the draft. He was an early declare so a lot of guys on the forum spoke of him and many thought highly of him. The thing that excites me about the pick is that he adds another dimension to our offense. He's a legit weapon as a receiver and the more we surround Romo with options the better. Nobody likes the way Witten is locked in as the most predictable target for Romo. Defenses can read that too easily.
Old 04-26-2013, 10:27 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Initial Reactions:

Travis Frederick - Slight reach in draft value, but I care less about that and more about about us addressing our biggest need. Interior OL. Halelujah! Love big, smart, nasty, road grading OL from the Big Ten. It ALL starts at Center and I think we're finally on our way towards real progress.
My pick would've been: OT Menelik Watson, FSU

Gavin Escobar - Offensive tool to open up our playbook. Now it's up to Jason to making use of him. Reliable pass catcher who gives us a big target and was rated a Top 2-4 TE in this draft... depending who you ask.
My pick would've been: S David Amerson, NC State

Terrance Wlliams - Had a soft spot for him throughout the draft process when I found out how badly he wished he could play for the Cowboys. Dooley worked him out EXTENSIVELY in his pro day so there was no secret that we had interest. Glad it worked out for both of us cause I thought he would be gone in Round 2, and I didn't want to spend a 2nd rounder on him. Highly productive WR who will have a great career as a I Cowboy. The potential of our offense is scaaaaary. I expect a RB tomorrow too and there are still a lot of good ones on the board.
My pick would've been: WR Keenan Allen, Cal

JJ Wilcox - Hard hitter who I thought was a sleeper who could be had in Round 4. I really wanted Swearinger. Still sad about passing on him, but I don't know enough about Wilcox. All I know is that he was a small school sleeper that draftniks like to talk about as someone to keep an eye on. Another guy who was on the list of visits with the Cowboys. Anyone on that list is always a possibility.
My pick would've been: DE/OLB DaMontre Moore, Texas A&M

But in the end, I like the Cowboys draft as much as I would've liked my picks. The interior OL fix is awesome if Frederick pans out.
Old 04-26-2013, 10:40 PM    (permalink
Crimson79
Rookie

Crimson79 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crimson79 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crimson79 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crimson79 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crimson79 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crimson79 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crimson79 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crimson79 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crimson79 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crimson79 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crimson79 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I really like Frederick alot more than others. Some good video of him playing guard against a quality team.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zsZFwXUgoAo
Crimson79 is offline   Reply With Quote