Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > San Francisco 49ers Team Forum

San Francisco 49ers Team Forum Discuss the 49ers

Old 04-26-2013, 09:37 PM    (permalink
49erNation85
All-Pro

49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wow dan happy never .
Old 04-26-2013, 09:38 PM    (permalink
farfromforgotten
Veteran

farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shupp View Post
Yes sir.

Barrett Jones
Jesse Williams
John Jenkins
Shamarko Williams
Marcus Lattimore
Jenkins is gone, brotha.
farfromforgotten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 09:49 PM    (permalink
49erNation85
All-Pro

49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Great draft so far peeps !
Old 04-26-2013, 09:53 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
Wow dan happy never .
Not true. I'm more happy than you guys think I am. And quite honestly, thus far in three years, the only negative I have for Baalke was re-signing CB Carlos Rogers. Other than that, all positives and in the middle that have yet to be determined (like Jenkins for example).

Reid replaces Goldson at FS, Carradine provides depth this year and will hopefully take over in 2014 for Justin Smith, McDonald was the TE I wanted the most even though I had Ertz in my mocks because I thought that Harbaugh would want him and a pass rusher in Lemonier. How could I not be happy? Excellent picks that cover need, quality and value plus we STILL??? have seven draft picks tomorrow and acquired a 2014 3rd rounder from TEN.

For tomorrow, im hoping for -

DE Jesse Williams
DE Lawrence Okoye
RB Marcus Lattimore
Kick/punt returner
K Dustin Hopkins
SS Duke Williams/Bacarri Rambo
An OT for depth
dan77733 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 09:55 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

And am I the only one who has noticed that thus far in two and a half drafts, we have NOT drafted any players from Stanford? That includes passing on Fleener last year and Ertz this year.
Old 04-26-2013, 09:58 PM    (permalink
edgrenade
Veteran

edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan77733 View Post
And am I the only one who has noticed that thus far in two and a half drafts, we have NOT drafted any players from Stanford? That includes passing on Fleener last year and Ertz this year.
Half of the guys on our practice squads have been from Sanford
Old 04-26-2013, 10:09 PM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shupp View Post
Great trade.

Btw..not surprised Barrett slipped...he really played extremely high for a Center and his STR is a question mark
But this is the thing....Center is not his best position as a pro. I actually like Jones as a RT or swing tackle. He was at his most dominant as an OT at Bama. That kind of versatitily is what makes him special.

And I'm glad Williams has fallen this far. Proves my point that he was severly overrated. Hope we don't touch him. Rodgers would be huge but like I said, I'm done....everything else from here on out is icing on the cake. If we could some how land BJ tommorrow, I might pop a blood vessel from the excitement. Even if we draft someone I hate like Williams, I wont complain. And Rambo still on the board? Hmmmmmmm.....
VAfy-ya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 10:43 PM    (permalink
Rabscuttle
Veteran

Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I wouldn't mind seeing a couple of picks packaged for a fourth next year. I believe we have a couple extra thirds already next year and there should be a high comp pick with how free agency has gone so far.

Next year will be a very important draft as well with several quality starters heading into free agency in '14 or '15.

Any lights out return guys still on the board? One of those would be nice to rent for a few years until he loses his edge.
Rabscuttle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 10:51 PM    (permalink
49erNation85
All-Pro

Enjoying a great concer in Madison wi with Dustin Thomas and nahko bear . yal look them up
Old 04-26-2013, 11:03 PM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I didn't wake up early for the draft because I'm in Macau and it would have had to have been 7:30am. That being said I'm pretty happy with who we selected. I don't really follow the college game that much so I don't know too much about potential prospects other than what is casually reported. Maybe I'll tune in tomorrow early.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Ness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 11:11 PM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hard to complain about this draft so far. And strengthened next year as well. I'd be packaging more picks and try to come away with 3-4 fourths. There is still a lot of talent out there.

I'm sorry Brian Sabean. I was wrong. I think I might have been right, but you have Scoreboard.
Borat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 11:24 PM    (permalink
edgrenade
Veteran

edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wouldn't mind Quinton Patton, or Da'Rick Rogers
Old 04-26-2013, 11:35 PM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Packers got Eddie Lacy. He's going to be a load to bring down in week one. I'm actually kind of jealous because I liked what he brings to the table. Could always take a chance on Lattimore, but like I said last week I don't think we need a runningback in this draft. Just a luxury that wouldn't even see the field.

So do we have a shot at Barrett Jones in the next session?

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.

Last edited by Ness : 04-26-2013 at 11:47 PM.
Ness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 12:27 AM    (permalink
edgrenade
Veteran

Tank's style of play looks like it would benefit if he bulked up
Old 04-27-2013, 07:48 AM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Slept like a baby.....thanks Trent! You can get a good night's sleep when your know your franchise is in excellent hands.

Have I mentioned how much I LOVE our draft? And honestly, McDonald puts it over the top. His fit in this offense is picture perfect. He did everything at Rice. He lined all over the place. He played in slot exclusively his entire junior year. He's a guy that's built like a blocking TE but moves in space like someone half his size. Not a deep threat at all but went back and watched some more tape....I see a lot of Witten in him. Just very saavy and subtle in his breaks. Won't blow past anyone but always seems to create space and get open. Very Witten-esque.

Does the rest of the NFL know they've been Baalked? I think they will soon find out...on to day 3!
Old 04-27-2013, 07:57 AM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

Quote:
LB Corey Lemonier said, to the best of his knowledge, the 49ers were never in touch with him in anyway.

“Perfect.”

In a case like that is that an instance where a guy like checks out, based on your interviews or whatever, character wise and everything you don’t really worry about him just because you know what type of guy he is, is that part of that?

“Well, I’ve said this. Our scouting staff is outstanding. I have a lot of faith in the information that they bring back. And, when all the stars align, and you feel very good about the character of individual, and the learning ability and the intangibles, the film speaks for itself, right? But, all those other things, when the stars align, do you really need to tip your hand and let anybody know that you’re interested in them? Does it do any good to bring them in and interview them again so that people start to think, ‘Well, maybe they’re interested in.’ Sometimes it’s better off to go with the work that your area scouts do, and we do. We put a lot of faith in the information they bring back and they do an outstanding job. So, in this case, the stars aligned and we were very comfortable with what he could, based on the film. All the other stuff we were comfortable with, so there was no reason to dig any deeper.”
Trent Baalke, aka the Draft Ninja
Old 04-27-2013, 08:30 AM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by edgrenade View Post
Tank's style of play looks like it would benefit if he bulked up
Of course. Ray McDonald has gained 20 lbs and Justin Smith has gained 30 lbs since their draft days.
Old 04-27-2013, 09:04 AM    (permalink
chapo123
Veteran

chapo123 is a cocksman.chapo123 is a cocksman.chapo123 is a cocksman.chapo123 is a cocksman.chapo123 is a cocksman.

18: Eric Reid, S
40: Tank Carradine, DE
55: Vance McDonald, TE
88: Corey Lemonier OLB/DE

Who do we get next?
chapo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 09:41 AM    (permalink
farfromforgotten
Veteran

farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VAfy-ya View Post
But this is the thing....Center is not his best position as a pro. I actually like Jones as a RT or swing tackle. He was at his most dominant as an OT at Bama. That kind of versatitily is what makes him special.

And I'm glad Williams has fallen this far. Proves my point that he was severly overrated. Hope we don't touch him. Rodgers would be huge but like I said, I'm done....everything else from here on out is icing on the cake. If we could some how land BJ tommorrow, I might pop a blood vessel from the excitement. Even if we draft someone I hate like Williams, I wont complain. And Rambo still on the board? Hmmmmmmm.....
I moved Jesse down to the bottom of the 2nd round as the draft drew nearer. I don't think he was overrated so much to still be on the board at this point, though. Someone else on these boards mentioned that he failed a medical, and that his knee is "shot". I haven't heard that or looked into it yet.
Old 04-27-2013, 09:59 AM    (permalink
49erNation85
All-Pro

Let's go M. Lattimore today people. I remember when Gore came into the nfl he had injuries issue as well and we took a chance. Let's give this kid a second chance too. Draft this guy 49ers or will be the steel of the RB. HE WILL BE better then lacey
Old 04-27-2013, 10:36 AM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by phlysac View Post
Of course. Ray McDonald has gained 20 lbs and Justin Smith has gained 30 lbs since their draft days.
I know Cowboy is "listed" at 300 lbs but I seriously doubt he's anywhere close to 300. I say he's around 280-285 at the most. Cowboy is just so freaking strong, he's able to 5-Tech and 3-Tech effortlessly so its easy to believe he's that big . He's virtually the same size he was when he first got here back in '07, when he was listed at 270 lbs. Teams play with player's listed weight all the time. I've been around alot of football players. I'm pretty good at sizing up guys. I'd be shocked if he was over 290 lbs. I know your just reporting what he's listed as. Just my 2 cents....
Old 04-27-2013, 10:50 AM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by VAfy-ya View Post
Slept like a baby.....thanks Trent! You can get a good night's sleep when your know your franchise is in excellent hands.

Have I mentioned how much I LOVE our draft? And honestly, McDonald puts it over the top. His fit in this offense is picture perfect. He did everything at Rice. He lined all over the place. He played in slot exclusively his entire junior year. He's a guy that's built like a blocking TE but moves in space like someone half his size. Not a deep threat at all but went back and watched some more tape....I see a lot of Witten in him. Just very saavy and subtle in his breaks. Won't blow past anyone but always seems to create space and get open. Very Witten-esque.

Does the rest of the NFL know they've been Baalked? I think they will soon find out...on to day 3!
I actually preferred McDonald over Ertz but I didnt think that we would draft him over Ertz but im definitely happy that we did and from what I was reading, a lot of his catches were 3rd down conversions which is something we definitely need so im happy about that.

Cant wait to see who we draft today. 10 minutes until the 4th round starts.
Old 04-27-2013, 10:58 AM    (permalink
farfromforgotten
Veteran

Poyer or Rogers would be cool in round 4. Jones or Schwenke would be good, also.
Old 04-27-2013, 10:59 AM    (permalink
Shupp
Veteran

Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chapo123 View Post
18: Eric Reid, S
40: Tank Carradine, DE
55: Vance McDonald, TE
88: Corey Lemonier OLB/DE

Who do we get next?
DaRick Rodgers, Quinton Patton

Shamarko Thomas, Phillip Thomas, Rambo

Barrett Jones

Marcus Lattimore

Jordan Poyer

Quote:
Originally Posted by VAfy-ya:The lack of ignorance in this thread is alarming.

Last edited by Shupp : 04-27-2013 at 11:05 AM.
Shupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 11:00 AM    (permalink
king2am
Veteran

king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd be cool with a couple Georgia secondary kids today. I've already said I like Rambo, but I see some things with Sanders Commings that I really like as well.

Maybe a WR today - Patton or Rogers.
king2am is offline   Reply With Quote