Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New York Giants Team Forum

New York Giants Team Forum Discuss the G-Men

Old 04-27-2013, 11:46 AM    (permalink
hugegmenfan
Pro Bowler

hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Nassib?!? wtf? this is the one pick thus far i am highly opposed to...his own coach from college did not want him

sig by jkpigskin

2007 SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS

2011 SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS
hugegmenfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 11:48 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We dealt up for Nassib? WTF!!!!

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 11:49 AM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i hate this.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 11:53 AM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah this is one pick I do not like. I understand he has great value but we have so many other needs we can address here.
Old 04-27-2013, 11:54 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't mind the trade up but a weird pick.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 04-27-2013, 11:58 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hahah!

Maybe we do go BPA! LOL.

Makes sense because Carr is getting older and Painter is ... well Painter. You don't want a bad QB because he won't make the roster like Bomar and Woodson. However, you don't take a QB too early because it's a waste.

So I guess when thinking about it this would be the perfect time.
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 12:03 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Greene to Bears.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 04-27-2013, 12:04 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This is a good pick. Hear me out:

1. What are you gonna do with Greene? He has no fit on our defense. That's the truth. Greene was never going to be a Giant.

2. We can develop Nassib. There's zero pressure on him. And we do finally have a backup who might be worth a damn.

3. MONEY. I've been saying this for the past 2 months: Backup QBs are being GROSSLY overpaid in the NFL. The average price of a backup qb is 3 million dollars.

3 MILLION DOLLARS! For a guy who will hold a clipboard! Now we can take Carr off the books, and our backup qb is 300 grand. We save ourselves on average 2.7 million dollars on the cap for the next 4 years bc our backup qb only costs us 300k.

So for 300k, we have upgraded our backup qb, saved at least 2 million dollars per year on the cap that we can use on FAs, and potentially can parlay this guy into a pick in the future if he pans out.

Plus Eli is 32, we can't rely on his durability anymore. It's great if he stays durable, but he's not a spring chicken anymore.

Think about it guys, what did we lose? This is a 4th round pick. In the grand scheme of things that's NOTHING. Minimal investment, we save money that we can use to improve the rest of our roster, and we got a good player.

Nassib to me is an above average backup qb. He may never be a starter, but he's a quality backup.

Last edited by bigbluedefense : 04-27-2013 at 12:07 PM.
bigbluedefense is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 12:05 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Steelers got a Qb as well. This Ryan N. move is like Mallett getting taken by the Pats. Not ideal but I can understand the move.

I wanted Jones though, but now I wonder who we will get.
Old 04-27-2013, 12:05 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We talked about it yesterday, now was a good time to get a qb value wise for us.

Ideally you want a guy with arm talent, but Nassib is good value.
Old 04-27-2013, 12:06 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

And.. beats the developmental OL pick! : )
Old 04-27-2013, 12:07 PM    (permalink
hugegmenfan
Pro Bowler

hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i understand the value, i really do- but backup qbs are a dime a dozen. david carr is serviceable and we could always go for another guy. The only way this pick pays dividends is in:
a) a nightmare scenario where *knock on wood* eli gets injured
b) or we flip him for a 2nd round pick or something in the future

either way i am appalled we traded our 6th rd pick to move up 6 spots to take a career backup

sig by jkpigskin

Old 04-27-2013, 12:10 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
This is a good pick. Hear me out:

1. What are you gonna do with Greene? He has no fit on our defense. That's the truth. Greene was never going to be a Giant.

2. We can develop Nassib. There's zero pressure on him. And we do finally have a backup who might be worth a damn.

3. MONEY. I've been saying this for the past 2 months: Backup QBs are being GROSSLY overpaid in the NFL. The average price of a backup qb is 3 million dollars.

3 MILLION DOLLARS! For a guy who will hold a clipboard! Now we can take Carr off the books, and our backup qb is 300 grand. We save ourselves on average 2.7 million dollars on the cap for the next 4 years bc our backup qb only costs us 300k.

So for 300k, we have upgraded our backup qb, saved at least 2 million dollars per year on the cap that we can use on FAs, and potentially can parlay this guy into a pick in the future if he pans out.

Plus Eli is 32, we can't rely on his durability anymore. It's great if he stays durable, but he's not a spring chicken anymore.

Think about it guys, what did we lose? This is a 4th round pick. In the grand scheme of things that's NOTHING. Minimal investment, we save money that we can use to improve the rest of our roster, and we got a good player.

Nassib to me is an above average backup qb. He may never be a starter, but he's a quality backup.
Agree with all of the bold.

And he was easily the best player on the board. To me at least. And Gruden and Cosell.

There's a chance he's trade bait also.

Terrific pick.
gpngc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 12:10 PM    (permalink
Malaka
Thinking of Juan
Pro Bowler

Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I woulda went Tyler Wilson, more potential with him than Nassib.

Bone Krusher, the best
Malaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 12:11 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

Cost is important too. You don't want to spend money on a back up who is older when you can groom your own. That QB can learn our system AND be cheaper than the free agent. If a team likes him they can trade for the guy like teams did for Kolb.

It's an investment for the future which is cheaper and you get to the player to learn from Eli and learn the system. Eli is 32, and you prepare for worst case.
Old 04-27-2013, 12:12 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

What did we deal?? A 7th?

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 04-27-2013, 12:13 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

A 6th I think..
Old 04-27-2013, 12:14 PM    (permalink
hugegmenfan
Pro Bowler

yeah we gave up our 6th

sig by jkpigskin

Old 04-27-2013, 12:15 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Reese said 1st-2nd grade on Nassib.
gpngc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 12:17 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

"Too much value to pass up" - Reese

So once again we stick to the integrity of the draft board and we traded up to get the value.

It's not the popular thought process, but I understand the line of thinking. Reese was on the WFAN with Carton yesterday and was talking about this.
Old 04-27-2013, 12:18 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

I honestly like the Nassib pick a lot. I know it's not a sexy pick, but you have to understand we're in round 4 now. This was excellent value.
Old 04-27-2013, 12:20 PM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

Location: Richard Sherman: Trolling uptight white people since 2011
OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

we have 2 7th rounders and the odds of a 6th rounder being anything special is slim to none. I have no problems with this pick. My only problem was the trade, but now that I see what we gave up, I couldn't care less.

OSUGiants17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 12:22 PM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

Location: Richard Sherman: Trolling uptight white people since 2011
OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
I honestly like the Nassib pick a lot. I know it's not a sexy pick, but you have to understand we're in round 4 now. This was excellent value.
Agreed, some people had him as high as 8. Getting him mid-way through round 4 is unreal value. He could end up getting us an extra 3rd rounder in a few years.

OSUGiants17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 12:25 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Even if we never parlay him into a future pick, the main reasons why I like this move is bc we finally have a legit backup, plus we save a ton of money over the next 4 years with a cheap backup qb.

It's a win win. And all we lost was a 4th round pick. Big deal. It was a 4th rounder. It's not like we spent a 2nd on the guy.
Old 04-27-2013, 12:26 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

We're going to trade him for a 2nd in 2 years so its all good.

sig by BoneKrusher