Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Pittsburgh Steelers Team Forum

Pittsburgh Steelers Team Forum Discuss the Pittsburgh Steelers.

Old 04-27-2013, 01:25 PM    (permalink
SCSteeler
Veteran

SCSteeler hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.SCSteeler hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I'm hoping it's Mauti or JSimon next! Been reading some awesome things about Simon! I think it's SDepot that has his timed #s with Teo and a few other early rnd ilbs and his #s are better with a higher intelligence, so they say!
Old 04-27-2013, 01:36 PM    (permalink
Burden
Rookie

Burden is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Burden is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Burden is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Burden is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Burden is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Burden is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Burden is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Burden is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Burden is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Burden is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Burden is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ravens took Simon the end of the 4th.

Mauti would be great. Joe Kruger, Jordan Poyer, CWashington, Swope still all available.
Burden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 01:48 PM    (permalink
Burden
Rookie

Burden is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Burden is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Burden is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Burden is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Burden is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Burden is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Burden is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Burden is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Burden is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Burden is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Burden is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Terry Hawthorne, CB, Illinois
Old 04-27-2013, 02:39 PM    (permalink
DeeboHarrison
Rookie

DeeboHarrison hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.DeeboHarrison hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Hawthorne is a typical LeBeau type cornerback. Physical in run support, big for a corner ... Hawthorne is not an agile guy though and has trouble flipping his hips... I would've rather went Tavarres King there and doubled up on receivers, oh well. Like what we've done outside of Wheaton thus far.
DeeboHarrison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 02:48 PM    (permalink
DeeboHarrison
Rookie

DeeboHarrison hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.DeeboHarrison hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Couple picks into sixth round ... there's some receivers I really like still out there (in order of my preference):

1 - Da'Rick Rogers
2 - Marquess Wilson
3 - Ryan Swope

But I am pretty sure you can cross the top two off the list because Kevin Colbert seems to be on a personal vendetta against drafting tall receivers.
Old 04-27-2013, 02:48 PM    (permalink
Mr. Goosemahn
All-Pro

Location: Crushed Anthony Thomas hopes and broken Mark Herlizch dreams...
Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Guys I like for the remaining picks:

QB Tyler Bray - more as a later pick, like seventh, but I like the guy

RB Andre Ellington - double dip, sure, good value here

RB Ray Graham

WR Da'Rick Rogers

ILB Michael Mauti

ILB Kevin Reddick

OLB Chase Thomas - great value here too, more of a Clark Haggans type though

OLB Cornelius Washington

DE/OLB Michael Buchanan - athletic, a project

CB Jordan Poyer - surprised he's still available

Props to clover_jeez!
Mr. Goosemahn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 02:55 PM    (permalink
DeeboHarrison
Rookie

KTrain - I really like Buchanan as well. The only thing I don't like about him is the fight he got into last summer. He got his jaw broke and I want a pass rusher that's going to break somebody's jaw not vice versa.

I really like Reid Fragel as a project olineman as well. Only one season on the oline plus he's exclusively a tackle so I believe he's bound for a practice squad for a year to learn the intricacies of the position and get stronger but he could end up being a starting LT in the league. Very athletic.
Old 04-27-2013, 03:33 PM    (permalink
Burden
Rookie

A tall WR!

Justin Brown 6'3
Old 04-27-2013, 03:39 PM    (permalink
DeeboHarrison
Rookie

I guess there's a first for everything including Colbert drafting a tall wideout. Landry Jones will continue to throw to him on the scout team hah
Old 04-27-2013, 03:50 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Looks like the last WR spot will be between Plex and Brown.
Old 04-27-2013, 03:59 PM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i really want chase thomas or reddick. Possibly Ray Ray or Tate too.

I think thomas could play inside, in a karlos dansby like role for a tall MLB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saints-Tigers View Post
"He won't be able to just use his arm power to throw defenders around at the next level!"

The hell he won't, lol.
K Train is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 04:33 PM    (permalink
CDub
Veteran

CDub is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDub is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDub is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDub is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDub is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDub is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDub is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDub is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDub is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDub is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDub is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I've seen Williams listed at both 6'1" 233lbs and 6'0" 247lbs - anybody know anything about this kid? Spence or Foote type?
CDub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 04:40 PM    (permalink
Burden
Rookie

guess mauti is out unless UDFA...I don't know much about Williams
Old 04-27-2013, 04:43 PM    (permalink
Burden
Rookie

CBS says he's a run stuff, explosive tackler but poor in play recognition and injury prone. Back issues and had a broken tibia this year.
Old 04-27-2013, 04:43 PM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDub View Post
I've seen Williams listed at both 6'1" 233lbs and 6'0" 247lbs - anybody know anything about this kid? Spence or Foote type?
I had him in my 3rd steeler mock...heres what i said:

Quote:
6. Vince Williams, MLB, Florida State

I have dropped Rontez Miles from my mock....had him as a lock for the steeler ink on his arm, but with the Elam pick i dont think its a need anymore and really hes just not that good. Vince Williams was in for a visit this week and he is a big downhill MLB. 6-1 250 and is a true thumper. I compare him (favorably) to Jasper Brinkley who was a mid round pick for the Vikings and has put up a pretty solid career for what he is....a downhill thumper. He has the size to take on guards and has shown some pretty decent instincts to make up for his lack of top end speed for the position (althought the 4.7ish speed is plenty for him). He had a good senior bowl and looks to fit the mold of a 2 down LB on the inside of a 34. I could see him replacing sylvester on ST and being replaced by spence on 3rd down. Not as productive as Brinkley, but a better player than Josh Bynes of Auburn who i liked in a similar role...could develop nicely

Quote:
"He won't be able to just use his arm power to throw defenders around at the next level!"

The hell he won't, lol.
Old 04-27-2013, 04:46 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Williams will hit you and hit you hard. Could develop into something but at the very least will be a special teams demon.
Old 04-27-2013, 04:48 PM    (permalink
Burden
Rookie

Trench depth in the 7th?
Old 04-27-2013, 04:54 PM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

i really want chase thomas or omarius hines.

That 6-7 monster DT from GT TJ Barnes could be an option

Quote:

The hell he won't, lol.
Old 04-27-2013, 04:57 PM    (permalink
CDub
Veteran

CDub is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDub is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDub is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDub is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDub is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDub is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDub is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDub is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDub is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDub is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDub is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by K Train View Post
I had him in my 3rd steeler mock...heres what i said:
Thanks

Sadly it looks as though we may never get to see Spence back in action.
Old 04-27-2013, 05:01 PM    (permalink
CDub
Veteran

I like that nfl.com's player comparison for Wheaton is AB
Old 04-27-2013, 05:14 PM    (permalink
CDub
Veteran

Nick Williams - I like it
Old 04-27-2013, 05:19 PM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

i have no idea who that is...first time thats happened since david johnson

Quote:

The hell he won't, lol.
Old 04-27-2013, 05:20 PM    (permalink
CDub
Veteran

John Mitchell just said Nick Williams will play DE
Old 04-27-2013, 05:23 PM    (permalink
DeeboHarrison
Rookie

Nick Williams could end up being a prett decent 3-4 DE if he dedicates himself to learning the position. He only played 1 year of high school ball (thus Samford), and has the body for it (6'4, 309 with 34.5 inch arms). Crazy he did a 33 inch vertical at 309 too. Did really well at the agility drills during the combine too for a big man.

Hopefully Colbert can make up for drafting two so-so at best (so far) 3-4 DE's in the first round in the last 4 drafts by finding a late round gem from Samford!
Old 04-27-2013, 05:25 PM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

Doug Worthington like camp body

Quote:

The hell he won't, lol.