Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2014 NFL Draft Forum

2014 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2014 NFL Draft

Old 04-27-2013, 06:14 PM    (permalink
49ersfan_87
Pro Bowler

49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Grade Your Team's Draft

Post each pick of your team and give us a overall grade. Interested to see how people view their picks.
49ersfan_87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 06:20 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

****** awesome. Gmen added some beef!

EDIT from our team thread:

I'm all on board with our draft. Especially with how SF and Seattle have beefed up their lines. Adding more beef of our own so we can push them around is great. I get why our guys had such a boner for Pugh, he's like a clone of David Diehl in his prime but with quicker feet. He may start out battling for the right tackle spot, but he'll become a fantastic pulling guard for us at some point.

Can't say I paid too much attention to big hank, but having someone else with real size inside after Joseph, who's not just a TC body like Rogers, is important if we want to be winning playoff battles against the run heavy NFC west teams. Cause none of Jenkins, Patterson, Austin or Kuhn are massive run stuffers like LinJo and now Big Hank. Plus he seems to be a hard working mountain of man, so I'm cool with it, if only cause it means we can rotate him and Joseph so both are always fresh to stuff the run and keep our LBs clean. So a solid pick in my book.

I love Moore, he seems like another one of those diamond in the rough DEs we seem to snag. With a little grooming he'll surpass Kiwi for the spot opposite JPP once Tuck's gone for good. And with all that attention JPP'll be getting Moore should have plenty of chances to get to the QB. My favorite pick of this draft.

Nassib's a great value pick, hopefully we can parlay him into a premium pick in 2-3 years. My most meh pick, because I get it, but it's tough to get excited about a quality backup QB/future day two pick.

Taylor, Herman and Cox are all intriguing and all bring great size for their positions. Haven't seen any of them play, but apparently Taylor runs very well and smoothly considering how big he is, so he should be a ST stud while we try and polish the guy. Herman's huge and should give Snee some good cover in case he gets all broken again. And Cox is another 7th round RB, those tend to stick around on the PS and show promise. Hopefully he's able to stay healthy and become a little closer to Ahmad Bradshaw than DaRell Scott.

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.

Last edited by Rosebud : 04-27-2013 at 10:45 PM.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 06:29 PM    (permalink
PossibleCabbage
Pro Bowler

PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Incomplete. A++++++++++
PossibleCabbage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 06:32 PM    (permalink
wicket
All-Pro

wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

C+ for the saints

Saints 2014 draft wish list:
- No pass rusher till the fourth round (or preferably at all)
- Corner or Wideout in the first
- No reaching
- No Kelvin Benjamin
wicket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 06:36 PM    (permalink
Pat Sims 90
All-Pro

Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I give the Bengals a B nothing special just a solid draft.

1. TE Tyler Eifert Notre Dame
2a. RB Giovani Bernard North Carolina
2b. DE Margus Hunt SMU
3. S Shawn Williams Georgia
4. LB Sean Porter Texas A&M
5. G Tanner Hawkinson Kansas
6a. RB Rex Burkhead Nebraska
6b. WR Cobi Hamilton Arkansas
7a. OT Reid Fragel Ohio State
7b. C T.J. Johnson South Carolina

RIP themaninblack
Pat Sims 90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 06:39 PM    (permalink
49ersfan_87
Pro Bowler

49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PossibleCabbage View Post
Incomplete. A++++++++++
INC is the true answer, but then what fun would this forum be.

And i see that lol
49ersfan_87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 06:52 PM    (permalink
Robcards
Veteran

Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

1 (9) - Dee Milliner (B+) - Only thing keeping it from being an A is that its not an immediate need, and it would've been better to trade back, but Milliner was BPA there.
1 (13) - Sheldon Richardson (B+) - Same as above, not really a need, but a BPA pick so I can't give it a bad grade.
2 (39) - Geno Smith (B) - This would have gotten a much better grade from me had it not been for the lack of QBs getting taken until they picked again in the 3rd. Waste of value there.
3 (72) - Brian Winters (B) - A need pick and almost definitely not BPA, I just don't get it with guys like Damontre Moore and Keenan Allen available that this was a BPA pick, maybe Moore and Allen were red-flagged by them and completely off their board.
4 (106) - Chris Ivory (C) - The first bonehead move of the draft, we could have had Johnathan Franklin at this pick had we not given it up. The first of what I expect to be many poor Idzik decisions. I was kind of liking him until this.
5 (141) - Oday Aboushi (D) - I almost threw my remote at the TV at this one. I thought Aboushi would have went undrafted TBH. He has some solid tape but his measurables are too awful to ignore. I couldn't believe this pick. Terrible.
6 (178) - William Campbell (B-) - I'm torn on this one because its tough to see how even if he pans out how he'd get playing time behind Wilkerson, Richardson, and even Ellis. I like the value and upside, but it's just way too many young DTs on one team. Cornelius Washington would have been my choice.
7 (215) - Tommy Bohanon (A) - Finally a good value and need pick in one. Took long enough. I really like this pick a lot, sad that my favorite pick is our 7th rounder. Hopefully they do better with priority free agents.

Overall grade - B
Old 04-27-2013, 06:54 PM    (permalink
Canadian_draft_fan
Veteran

Canadian_draft_fan wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Canadian_draft_fan wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Canadian_draft_fan wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Canadian_draft_fan wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Canadian_draft_fan wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Canadian_draft_fan wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Canadian_draft_fan wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Canadian_draft_fan wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Canadian_draft_fan wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Canadian_draft_fan wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Canadian_draft_fan wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

I would say a solid B for the Redskins. Addressed needs and got good value. Could have used an OT or an ILB but they would just be late round backups anyway.
Old 04-27-2013, 06:55 PM    (permalink
Unbiased
Pro Bowler

Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

B for the Jags

No QB was really bad, but we just got Matt Scott who could have easily been a draft choice in the middle rounds, so that keeps it from being a C or lower.

Absolutely love Joeckel as a prospect, but hate taking a RT #2. We do face JJ Watt twice a year though, so he'll be a big asset there, but Jordan would have been better.

The rest of the picks are straight forward.
Old 04-27-2013, 07:57 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Chiefs get a solid "meh"

Pats get a D for trading out of a pick they should have made.
Old 04-27-2013, 08:00 PM    (permalink
Dacitykats
Rookie

Dacitykats could make a wolverine purr.Dacitykats could make a wolverine purr.Dacitykats could make a wolverine purr.Dacitykats could make a wolverine purr.Dacitykats could make a wolverine purr.Dacitykats could make a wolverine purr.Dacitykats could make a wolverine purr.

panthers get a C.

why take a LB and RB when that is one of the deepest spots on your roster, left lots of weapons that the QB could use and secondary players on the board.

the first 3 picks where great, last 2 hurt the grade.
Dacitykats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 08:04 PM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nepg View Post
Chiefs get a solid "meh"
Would have been better if the Chiefs had traded for Cassel.

Oldie but a goodie.
nobodyinparticular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 08:09 PM    (permalink
ChiFan24
2011 SWDC Mock Draft Champ
Pro Bowler

ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dacitykats View Post
panthers get a C.

why take a LB and RB when that is one of the deepest spots on your roster, left lots of weapons that the QB could use and secondary players on the board.

the first 3 picks where great, last 2 hurt the grade.
If you think the first 3 picks were great, yet you somehow only give the draft a C, you need to change your grading system.

If the Bears had drafted Arthur Brown in the first and Kyle Long in the second, I would have given their draft an A. So it's hard for me to give them a terribly bad grade for getting Long and passing on Brown for another linebacker when pretty much every other team did the same. And I thought their day 3 was awesome. B-/C+ area.
Old 04-27-2013, 08:09 PM    (permalink
hugegmenfan
Pro Bowler

hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd say the Giants get B+

classic giants draft; i can see how others might look at it as inferior, but it's exactly what we needed

sig by jkpigskin

2007 SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS

2011 SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS
hugegmenfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 08:11 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

1(1): Eric Fisher, OT, Central Michigan
3(63): Travis Kelce, TE, Cincinnati
3(96): Knile Davis, RB, Arkansas
4(99): Nico Johnson, ILB, Alabama
5(134): Sanders Commings, CB/S, Georgia
6(170): Eric Kush, C, California (PA)
6(204): Braden Wilson, FB, Kanas State
7(207): Mike Catapano, DE/OLB, Princeton

Solid C+ from me. I like Fisher, Kelce, Nico, Sanders, and Catapano. I don't like the Knile Davis pick at all. I don't know much about Kush or Wilson, but they were 6th and later, so who cares.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 08:16 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

1 RG Chance Warmack Alabama (A+) : The Titans got who many consider the best player in the draft and the BPA at that selection. He will start Day 1.
2 WR Justin Hunter Tennessee (A) :The Titans get an elite WR, who many had in the 1st round in the beginning of the 2nd. The Titans have question marks @ WR after this season (contracts expiring etc) so this looks like a perfect fit. (If you factor in the trade it gets knocked down to a B)
3 CB Blidi Wreh-Wilson (B+) : We need a big physical CB and sought to get one and we got one of the better ones in the draft, good but not great value.
3 LB Zaviar Gooden (B-): I think Gooden will be a good one. He's fast and with what we did with Zach Brown I think we can develop Gooden. LBer wasn't a major need, but we still need depth and if Gooden plays well he can see significant time on defense. The only reason its a B- is that I think Okafor would have been a better selection
4 C Brain Schwenke Cal (A): Love this selection. Going to compete for a starting job from day one, can provide depth at all 3 interior positions and give us flexibility to let Velasco walk
5 DE Lavar Edwards LSU (B+): I like the selection, he will add depth and play special teams. He gets a B+ because we waited this long for DE
6 CB Khalid Wooten Nevada (B) :Reportedly really like this guy and from what I've watched he looks like a nice project
7 SS Daimion Stafford Nebraska (A) Perfect safety for what we need and he was one of my favorite late round safety prospects.

OVERALL: B+ to A-
mightytitan9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 08:17 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
6(204): Braden Wilson, FB, Kanas State

I don't like the Knile Davis pick at all. I don't know much about Kush or Wilson
I really like Wilson, I think he was the best FB in the class
mightytitan9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 08:29 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mightytitan9 View Post
I really like Wilson, I think he was the best FB in the class
I've heard a lot of good things about him, but mostly people (read: homers) from the Kansas area, haha.

I've seen KState play a lot, but I guess I just never paid attention to him.

Old 04-27-2013, 08:36 PM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like the Mingo pick. Liked not loved, Loved would've been Dion Jordan or trading down, getting an extra pick, then taking someone like Milliner or Jarvis Jones. But Barkevious Mingo has me excited about our pass rush. Mingo/Sheard/Kruger/Groves. Finally are gonna be able to consistently get to the QB with 4 fresh pass rushers to rotate in and out (not to mention that great line we have in front of them with Bryant/Rubin/Taylor/Winn/Hughes).

Leon McFadden fills a huge need at CB, and he went amidst a run on CBs in early round three. He didnt' go as high as some of his predecessors b/c of his size and speed not being as high, but he plays like a 2nd rounder on the field, he is a football player. Could start this year, I think he'll be a very good #3 cornerback for us down the road though.

I loved our late round picks. Jamoris Slaughter is a 6th rounder who fell b/c he missed all his senior year with injury, but could be a legit starter in the NFL in a year. Armonty Bryant is a hugh, super long (really long arms and 6'5") and super productive small school player who would've been a 3rd round pick most likely if he didn't have off field issues (sold weed at practice, lolz). Blocked a ton of kicks and was obviously a man amongst boys in college. Hard to project how good he'll be in the NFL b/c of level of competition but was great at the combine and has high upside. Great value pick for the Browns yet again in the late rounds. And finally they got Garret Gilkey to play OG. Another great value. Todd McShay says he could be an NFL starter at OG. Recognize him from this ESPN piece about him being bullied growing up : http://espn.go.com/nfl/draft2013/sto...garrett-gilkey.

So we got a great pass rushing prospect at #6, a probable nickelback in round 3, a small school high upside guy who shouldve gone in the earlier rounds if not for off field issues in round 6, another potential starter at FS in round 6 who would've been a round 2 - 4 pick if he was healthy and had a good senior year....and a potential starting guard who a lot of people had rated as a 3rd/4th rounder predraft. Not to mention we traded our 4th and 5th round picks this year for 3rd and 4th round picks next year....and we used our 2nd rounder on Josh Gordon last year and our other 4th on Davone Bess. Pretty good draft if you really research all the picks even though it doesn't look flashy on paper.
Old 04-27-2013, 08:40 PM    (permalink
JohnCandy
Veteran

JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I would give the Bears a B.

Mayock said it best Emery hit a bunch of doubles with high upside players at positions of need. Long and Bostic were solid picks based in what was available.

But day 2 with Greene, Mills and Washington were all really good values and they meet needs.
JohnCandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 08:41 PM    (permalink
WCH
All-Pro

WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiFan24 View Post
If you think the first 3 picks were great, yet you somehow only give the draft a C, you need to change your grading system.

If the Bears had drafted Arthur Brown in the first and Kyle Long in the second, I would have given their draft an A. So it's hard for me to give them a terribly bad grade for getting Long and passing on Brown for another linebacker when pretty much every other team did the same. And I thought their day 3 was awesome. B-/C+ area.
Yup. People stress way too much over guys drafted in rounds 5-7.

I give the Packers and A for Effort because they finally tried to address the run game.
WCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 08:43 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Skins

2(51) David Amerson: S : NCSTATE : C- : I'm meh on the pick. In the third or 4th round he'd be a steal but just not a fan of the pick in the 2nd round. He has top 15 talent, but I just don't see the fit unless he refines his game drastically. Having him and Deangelo together is a real danger for giving up the deep ball. IMO he doesnt have the size or physicality to play FS. I wouldnt be shocked if he developed into a very good pro but an awfully big risk for our first pick in the draft. Jamar Taylor and Robert Alford would have been better picks, but better I wish we'd gotten Arthur Brown or Margus Hunt.

3(85) Jordan Reed : TE : Florida : B : Love the pick talent and value wise. Definitely a BPA type of pick. Not really a need at all but good talent and assurance for the future. He has the athleticism to be a matchup problem for defenses and we could see him in the slot and backfield with RGIII ala Hernandez. My only issue is that we already have Logan Paulsen, Fred Davis, and Niles Paul at TE so basically we will carry 4 TE's as Paul showed enough promise at TE and our starting KR to make the active roster. Might have to wait on this pick unless he shows flashes of brilliance early.

4(119) Phillip Thomas : S : Fresno State : C+ : Solid pick and value for our #1 position of need. He definitely has some great ball skills and could compete for playing time at safety but to me he doesn't project to be much more than a solid pro at best.

5(154) Chris Thompson : RB : Florida State : C : Explosive back who could thrive under Shanny. Has the speed and receiving ability that would complement Morris well. Unfortunately much like Roy Helu injuries will probably prevent him from having a lasting NFL career but I will enjoy him for as long as he's healthy if he makes the roster, definitely at least worth the practice squad as I'm sure Royster or Helu will go on the IR rolling out of bed.

5(162) Brandon Jenkins : DE/OLB : Florida State : B+ : Maybe my favorite pick of our draft and great value in the 5th round. Yeah he had a bad injury but at least it wasn't a knee or back injury. A great backup along with Rob Jackson should Orakpo get hurt or not be part of our long term plans. The great thing is this will basically be a redshirt season for him to get 100% healthy.

6(191) Bacarri Rambo : S : Georgia : A : Maybe I'm too high on Rambo than I should but in the 6th round he's an awesome value. Could easily go 3rd-4th round and I'd be happy. I actually like him more than Thomas and I could seriously see him being our day one starter which for a 6th rounder you'd be happy with him being a special teams contributor.

7(228) Jawan Jamison : RB : Rutgers : B+ : Could be another Shanny late round RB steal. While Thompson might bring something new to the RB rotation ultimately Jamison is the guy likely to make the roster and make the most impact, he could easily take Royster's spot. Jamison is the perfect insurance policy for Morris. He's already a better receiver and pass protector than Alfred Morris.

Overall : B : I still count RG3 as part of this draft lol, but with what we had I think we got good value on every pick. Last year all of our picks made our active roster I expect the same this year with the exception of the RB's. I love our added youth and talent something we have lacked the last 10 years, we have always been 0 deep now we actually have young backups with potential. Some risks in here but possible future starters, I'm happy.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 08:43 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by WCH View Post
Yup. People stress way too much over guys drafted in rounds 5-7.

I give the Packers and A for Effort because they finally tried to address the run game.
They drafted the two best RBs in the draft too, so at least they're giving it some real effort.

Old 04-27-2013, 08:51 PM    (permalink
WCH
All-Pro

WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm really excited. I had given up on them ever trying to draft RBs who didn't suck. This morning I was telling somebody how excited I was about getting Lacy, and that everything else will be icing on the cake. I couldn't have imagined that they'd also draft Franklin.
WCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 09:20 PM    (permalink
JT Jag
Pro Bowler

JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Rock-solid B for the Jaguars. Their entire draft, for the most part, was uninspired but solid, which is kind of what you need as a rebuilding team. Getting too inspired is how you get busts, they just need to focus on building a foundation right now. And they certainly did that, aggressively working to fill holes on the team, especially in the secondary.
JT Jag is offline   Reply With Quote