Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Closed Thread

Old 04-24-2013, 04:00 PM    (permalink
WCH
All-Pro

WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BallerT1215 View Post
Balleralert.com

Lol That is the website that was on Espn Films 30 for 30: Broke. They alert girls that are signed up on their site when a famous athlete is at a local club.

Gold Diggers and their sweet magic.
This is classic: He Might Be *** ... But His Money Ain't!
Old 04-24-2013, 04:15 PM    (permalink
Malaka
Thinking of Juan
Pro Bowler

Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

After seeing these pics and hearing that bit on the radio...

Kerry Rhodes is undoubtedly rudy cool... not that there's anything wrong with that, but he should just man up now.

Bone Krusher, the best
Old 04-24-2013, 10:25 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Maybe Kerry, she be waiting to sign with the team that drafts Manti?
Whatchu think homies?
Old 04-24-2013, 10:31 PM    (permalink
Thecollegedropout
Pro Bowler

Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Issue with Rhodes was during NY after he began to "Figure it out" and start to play well, he got too involved with trying to be a celebrity rather than stick to football which is a good reason why he got sent to Arizona out of NYJ(That and he began to bark with Rex Ryan)

I don't know how serious Rhodes takes football....its a shame because after the 07 season, I really thought this guy was going to be an elite safety in the league for the Jets. He never fully figured it out after 2007 though.
Old 04-24-2013, 10:41 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I hope Rhodes is openly rudy cool. I would be happy for him.

My guess is that the first open player is a Niner.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Old 04-24-2013, 10:42 PM    (permalink
J255979-11nine
Rookie

J255979-11nine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J255979-11nine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J255979-11nine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J255979-11nine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J255979-11nine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J255979-11nine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J255979-11nine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J255979-11nine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J255979-11nine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J255979-11nine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J255979-11nine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
I hope Rhodes is openly rudy cool. I would be happy for him.

My guess is that the first open player is a Niner.
Not if Culliver has anything to say about it

Roger Goodell: Protecting the business by ruining the game.
Old 04-25-2013, 12:53 AM    (permalink
niel89
SuperBowl Prop Bet Winner
All-Pro

niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The only people surprised about cool players are fans and the media. Teams and players have a pretty good idea who is cool and who isn't. This probably has more to do with a bad FA off season and his asking price. A lot of FAs are in a holding pattern until after the draft. I'm sure he finds a team before the season. I'd take him in Baltimore if we don't do anything big in the draft.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy
Old 04-25-2013, 01:04 AM    (permalink
WCH
All-Pro

WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by niel89 View Post
The only people surprised about cool players are fans and the media. Teams and players have a pretty good idea who is cool and who isn't. This probably has more to do with a bad FA off season and his asking price. A lot of FAs are in a holding pattern until after the draft. I'm sure he finds a team before the season. I'd take him in Baltimore if we don't do anything big in the draft.
Yup; this. Players know that some guys aren't really into women, and teams run FBI-style background checks.
Old 04-25-2013, 06:44 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

His assistant implied that the team pretty much knew. They didn't know for sure, but they had an idea of what was going on.

I don't think it's an issue with players. It's the media and fans who will turn it into a circus. The media can't wait to get their hands on the first openly cool player. They're going to make it a much bigger issue than it is, bc that's what the media does.

Honestly, I personally can't stand the media. They're a bunch of egotistical vultures. But it is what it is.

Kerry needs to come out. Stop hiding, it's out of the bag already. Just admit it.
Old 04-25-2013, 07:06 AM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malaka View Post
Kerry Rhodes is undoubtedly rudy cool... not that there's anything wrong with that, but he should just man up now.
I don't know what he's "man-ing up to". Can you think of a more narcissistic, alpha-male situation than the locker room of an NFL team? The amount of ****-talking he'd have to endure would be some ******* high school-level crap.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Old 04-25-2013, 08:25 AM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

he is being black balled alright
<+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermstheman83 View Post
What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.
Old 04-25-2013, 08:34 AM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I don't know what he's "man-ing up to". Can you think of a more narcissistic, alpha-male situation than the locker room of an NFL team? The amount of ****-talking he'd have to endure would be some ******* high school-level crap.
I get the feeling that most probably wouldn't give a ****. It's not like Rhodes is going to be chasing dudes around the premises, assuming he is ***. I mean I've had co-workers in the past that are ***. The NFL is essentially an independent contracting job. People have bigger things to worry about. There are also a lot of guys that have families. Maybe some younger guys (Culliver) will be a jackass about it, but I'd be shocked if this was a huge deal among players. Maybe if this was 1962 or something. I mean, would you care?

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Old 04-25-2013, 08:40 AM    (permalink
Dunta_23
Rookie

Dunta_23 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dunta_23 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dunta_23 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dunta_23 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dunta_23 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dunta_23 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dunta_23 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dunta_23 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dunta_23 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dunta_23 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dunta_23 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ive heard he looks lost as an in the box safety... now we know why
Old 04-25-2013, 09:20 AM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wouldn't Rhodes have to still be good to be blackballed rather than just being a mostly washed up vet who's priced himself out of the market?

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.
Old 04-25-2013, 10:18 AM    (permalink
Simply Keak
Rookie

Simply Keak is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Simply Keak is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Simply Keak is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Simply Keak is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Simply Keak is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Simply Keak is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Simply Keak is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Simply Keak is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Simply Keak is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Simply Keak is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Simply Keak is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bored of education View Post
he is being black balled alright
im dead.
Old 04-25-2013, 10:33 AM    (permalink
Malaka
Thinking of Juan
Pro Bowler

Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Yeah but you don't think its even worse with these pictures and Mr. Hollywood Simpson running his mouth about their sex life?

As the captain of my school's football team, I openly walked around in the nude (in the locker room of course) because "0 ***** bra," at first people would call me **** or cool, but the fact that I told them to stop being insecure and would wreck their **** on the football field. They would never mention it again, and in fact I feel like the locker room became less insecure about themselves as a result.

In my opinion, the machismo of high school locker rooms attacked insecurity. Kids who were curious, shy, or afraid would be made fun of and called rudy cool. However, generally we left the openly rudy cool guys alone. In PE there was an openly cool kid, and he just generally hung out with the girls and was never bothered. The kids who seemed like they were cool or just shy honestly were the ones that got attacked. I feel like since the maturity levels of certain players like Culliver are so low that NFL locker rooms would not be entirely different.

My experience was no doubt unique. Me living in Miami could be a reason why it was less strange. Also the fact that my girlfriend at the time had a giant ass and all the football players always gave me props might also be a reason why they did not harass me for my nudity.

Who knows?

One thing I do believe is things won't change unless you try to change them. Rhodes seems pretty rudy cool. I think the best thing for him to do is "man-up" face the media circus and come out, and this will only go on to help the acceptance of homosexuals in sports and general society (not that most places have not already accepted homosexuality).

Bone Krusher, the best
Old 04-25-2013, 10:58 AM    (permalink
WCH
All-Pro

Players don't want to come out because they don't want to be an ambassador for the rudy cool community. Even if they want to be able to celebrate with their boyfriend after a game, they don't want to go on Ellen and be on the cover of Out and have CNN and Fox News and MSNBC and USA Today calling them up for exclusive interviews about the experience of being a *** athlete.

For a professional athlete, coming out to the public is a big deal. It brings a lot of assumed responsibility that most of them just wouldn't want to deal with. Most of these guys are just ball players.

Last edited by WCH : 04-25-2013 at 11:02 AM.
Old 04-25-2013, 11:58 AM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WCH View Post
Players don't want to come out because they don't want to be an ambassador for the rudy cool community. Even if they want to be able to celebrate with their boyfriend after a game, they don't want to go on Ellen and be on the cover of Out and have CNN and Fox News and MSNBC and USA Today calling them up for exclusive interviews about the experience of being a *** athlete.

For a professional athlete, coming out to the public is a big deal. It brings a lot of assumed responsibility that most of them just wouldn't want to deal with. Most of these guys are just ball players.
My brother, who's ***, feels the same way. He's not big into sports, but has talked with me on this issue. Not everyone wants to be seen as a "hero." A lot of people, himself included, don't even like being labeled as "***" and defined by their sexuality. Most people don't want to become part of a media circus for, what they view as, no reason at all. Many of the people who support **** are going to treat them as different, even if it's not negatively.
Old 04-26-2013, 06:03 AM    (permalink
OzTitan
Pro Bowler

OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Is it even really necessary for DC to block the word ***?
Old 04-26-2013, 09:57 AM    (permalink
Jimmy
All-Pro

Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OzTitan View Post
Is it even really necessary for DC to block the word ***?
not in the least. just perpetuates the issue.
Old 04-26-2013, 11:46 AM    (permalink
Lil Quip
Rookie

Lil Quip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Lil Quip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Lil Quip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Lil Quip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Lil Quip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Lil Quip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Lil Quip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Lil Quip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Lil Quip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Lil Quip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Lil Quip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hilarious thread fwiw.

For Rhodes, aging safety looking for work with the draft not even over yet.

If players like Freeney and Abraham had gotten signed, you could make an argument that this could be a more than a marginal reason.

Plus teams wait to sign aging vets anyway. Gives them a free pass on mandatory offseason stuff. With those two pass rushers, you know what they are. You have a good plan to integrate them, time is almost never an issue. Sign them with a week left in TC, saves wear and tear.
Old 04-27-2013, 07:07 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I just thought of something. When Kerry and Braylon Edwards were both Jets, they were seen everywhere together. They were best buds.

Hmmmmmmmmmm?
Old 04-27-2013, 08:00 PM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
the issue of 13 year olds everywhere still using it as a pejorative? or do you think it's blocked because, zomg, no one say the g-word or they'll like, post here and stuff!
Thank you for being the voice of reason.

Now about that microbrew before your run...

Oldie but a goodie.
Old 04-28-2013, 06:52 PM    (permalink
BuckNaked
All-NFLDC

BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Sure as hell isn't getting blue balled.
Old 04-29-2013, 06:14 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Does it seem like a coincidence that Jason Collins just came out recently, right in the midst of the Kherry Rhodes stuff and not long after the Kwame Harris stuff, then at the Combine all the sexual orientation questions going on.

That said, the irony of the name of this thread is awesome and should live forever.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
Closed Thread