Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 04-29-2013, 12:19 AM    (permalink
Swoll_Cat
Rookie

Swoll_Cat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Swoll_Cat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Swoll_Cat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Swoll_Cat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Swoll_Cat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Swoll_Cat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Swoll_Cat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Swoll_Cat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Swoll_Cat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Swoll_Cat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Swoll_Cat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default How is Mark Sanchez So Bad?

I just don't get it. yes, i understand he's regressed. yes, i understand that you're suppose to be a better football player (stronger, smarter, more experienced) in your fourth year than in your first year. But really,

How is Mark Sanchez so bad? He's been in HUGE games before, most notably colt, steeler, and patriot playoff games. He's beaten the best with his arm, made good plays, and has plently, i mean plenty of championship caliber experience.

How do you lose your balls (confidence) and play as bad as he did last year?

Do the jets have some god-awful training staff? Does the team just give him the off-season off and say hey, do as you may as long as youre here in june? this guy is terrible and i really dont think a change of scenery as many predict, will be what gets him over the hump. I can already see him throwing a pick 6 or getting sacked from behind while scrambling as a member of another team. he may not be athletic, but trends dictate much more competence out of a player whose been in a familiar setting for 4 years at such a prime age.

I want to see your thought process as far as why you think he keeps getting worse year after year after year after year...
Swoll_Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 12:28 AM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Those playoff teams he was on focused on running the football and playing good defense. Sanchez was never the focal point of those teams. Now that the team has gotten worse, so has he. He just isn't that good of a quarterback. It has happened and will happen again to a lot of highly touted guys coming out of college. That is just the way it is. The coaching staff is partly to blame in New York, but at the same time Sanchez is also responsible for some of his own failures.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Ness is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 12:36 AM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think they did kind of just leave him to his own devices. He needed someone to teach him how to be a QB year-round rather than just when you're obligated to do it. He regressed because defenses figured him out, and he never adjusted or got better. I liked Sanchez coming out. More than Stafford. He's still had more success than Stafford.

He just has that Matt Leinart in him where he just doesn't really want to put the work in that it takes to be really good. He'll either be good by osmosis, or whatever.
Old 04-29-2013, 02:12 AM    (permalink
Saints-Tigers
Pro Bowler

Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Mark Sanchez's team has been further in the playoffs than Stafford's. I count that as more success about as much as I would say "T-Mac's Spurs team just eliminated Kobe's Lakers."
Saints-Tigers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 06:51 AM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Alex Smith is Mark Sanchez. Sanchez got them to two AFC Championship games and now he's one of the worst starting QB's in the league. The only reason he was average in his first two years was because he was a game manager and he had an elite defense. Sound like anyone else? Alex Smith is gonna fail so badly once he's actually made to throw the ball and is playing with an average defense.

RIP themaninblack
SuperPacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 06:59 AM    (permalink
FUNBUNCHER
All-Pro

FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

WHen he's playing at his best I think Sanchez is at least an average NFL, maybe better than that.

He just lost his confidence as he became more afraid of making mistakes, which led to even more idiotic decisions from the pocket.

I think Sanchez is the type of guy who started to believe he didn't have any weapons to catch the ball and played down to that level, instead of trying to find a way to manufacture drives and points.

Finally I think Sanchez in his heart believes he's a better QB than he's shown, which is a mistake. He's not an established pro bowl QB who had a bad stretch of games last year. Sanchez is a guy who many believe was the byproduct of a great defense and still hasn't proven himself.

I'm not a huge fan of his, but I still think if he'd had two competent WRs, a reliable run game and more protection from his oline, there's no way the Jets would have drafted Geno SMith with the 39the pick.
Old 04-29-2013, 07:27 AM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Two reasons. Lack of mental toughness and coaching. He looked like he had a bright future after his first year. But he didn't get any better. How is that possible? A good QB coach could have gotten more out of him. But Sanchez also seems to lack mental toughness. When he makes mistakes, he doesn't forget and move on. He just gets worse. When the team brought in Tebow, yeah it sucked, but a real QB would have stepped up and shown that without a doubt it was still his team.

I still think he has a chance. Getting cut would be great for him. Maybe go to New England, Houston, New Orleans, or Arizona. Sit for two years and actually get coached up. If he does that, he will be 28 and ready to contribute.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidGold View Post
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
Brilliant letting one of Scott Pioli's henchmen have his own team to ruin.  One of the premier GM jobs in the NFL and it gets handed to a stupid **** who makes three facepalm moves for every good one.  Awesome.  Just like handing a new Mercedes to a 16 year old girl who's already been in three wrecks. 
jrdrylie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 07:43 AM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't think he's worse than when he came into the league. He's always been a bad QB; there has been no progress, rather than any regression.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 08:06 AM    (permalink
AcheTen (Thumper)
Veteran

AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper)

He was never "good" to start.

In 2009 and 2010, he was winning games because he was on a team with the best defense in football. You can put almost anybody behind center on that kind of team and they'll win games.

He was wretched in 2009 and 2010 even when he was winning. The Jets almost missed the playoffs in 2009 because of his ineptitude. A team with the 2009 Jets defense, but with a real franchise QB instead of Sanchez, would be a 14-2 lock for the Super Bowl.

2009:
53.8% 2444 yards 12 TDs 20 INTs 6.7 Y/A 63.0 QB rating
2010:
54.8% 3291 yards 17 TDs 13 INTs 6.5 Y/A 75.3 QB rating
2011:
56.7% 3474 yards 26 TDs 18 INTs 6.4 Y/A 78.2 QB rating
2012:
54.3% 2883 yards 13 TDs 18 INTs 6.4 Y/A 66.9 QB rating

As you can see, he's been consistently mediocre across four years of his career thus far in the NFL.

THe only thing that has changed is the dominance of the Jets defense. In 2009 and 2010 they were literally the best in the game. In 2011 and 2012, good but not great.

Last edited by AcheTen (Thumper) : 04-29-2013 at 08:12 AM.
AcheTen (Thumper) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 08:14 AM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperPacker View Post
Alex Smith is Mark Sanchez. Sanchez got them to two AFC Championship games and now he's one of the worst starting QB's in the league. The only reason he was average in his first two years was because he was a game manager and he had an elite defense. Sound like anyone else? Alex Smith is gonna fail so badly once he's actually made to throw the ball and is playing with an average defense.
Weak comparison. Smith is far more competent than Sanchez. I will not deny that Smith's best fit is as a game manager but he also has the ability, whether it's with his feet or arm, to make the necessary play if the time calls for it. The performance Smith had against the Saints in the 2012 Divisional round was extraordinary and more than anything Sanchez can point to throughout his career. Smith has also proven to be more mentally strong than Sanchez.

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 08:19 AM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by princefielder28 View Post
Weak comparison. Smith is far more competent than Sanchez. I will not deny that Smith's best fit is as a game manager but he also has the ability, whether it's with his feet or arm, to make the necessary play if the time calls for it. The performance Smith had against the Saints in the 2012 Divisional round was extraordinary and more than anything Sanchez can point to throughout his career. Smith has also proven to be more mentally strong than Sanchez.
Why is Smith more competent than Sanchez? Smith had a MUCH better situation than Sanchez; he had what Sanchez had him 09 and 10, but better. If you put Alex Smith on the Jets last season and Sanchez on the 49ers, i'd guess that Sanchez would be seen as the better QB. Either way, both of them suck.

RIP themaninblack
SuperPacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 08:19 AM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
I don't think he's worse than when he came into the league. He's always been a bad QB; there has been no progress, rather than any regression.
Seriously this. No, Mark Sanchez didn't just all of sudden become bad because he lost his confidence and mental toughness. Mark Sanchez has always been a mediocre to below average quarterback who happened to play for an amazingly talented and stacked team for his first two seasons. Once the talent level in NY declined, Sanchez was obviously going down with the ship. Franchise QBs are able to keep their teams ship afloat in these scenarios, Sanchez was NEVER going to be that QB.

Also this thread makes me soooooo happy (The title specifically, but also because guys like Iamcanadian and Complex defended this guy at every chance they got even including last season).

Also, a Jets fan on here once told me the only reason i thought Mark Sanchez was bad was because he plowed my mom and I was a Patriots homer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 08:29 AM    (permalink
Don Vito
Team Leader
All-Pro

Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Shhhhh, Iamcanadian and all the Sanchez apologists are all right. Whatever keeps Sanchez starting for the Jets I am all for it.

In all seriousness though, he is awful. This shouldn't be news. I hope they keep him forever.

Feed Moncrief
Don Vito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 08:36 AM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Sanchez, Geno, Tebow Wildcat trifecta would have been without doubt the most incredible thing I have ever seen. Damn new management trying to right this ship.

Quote:
Quote:
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Old 04-29-2013, 08:52 AM    (permalink
Basileus777
All-Pro

Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He was never any good. Regressed? This is a quarterback that couldn't throw to his left early in his career.
Basileus777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 09:58 AM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Its fairly simple. He hasn't progressed. There is absoultely ZERO development there. And that's why I hate when teams pick franchise QBs high who lacked the intangibles(moxy, pocket awareness, self-motivation, arm talent, poise under pressure) and put them on teams with defensive minded HC who have no clue about how to develop them. Sanchez never exhibited any of those traits in college, from my perspective. People liked his physical intangibles to a degree and his ceiling. But the bust factor was too high to go to a Rex Ryan-led team. Certain guys exhibit those intangibles and no matter what kind of coach they play for, those traits are going to come through and shine. Matt Ryan, Russell Wilson, Andrew Luck off the top of my head...they went to defensive-minded regimes but they were such great QB prospects who oozed those intangibles, it didn't matter.

He isn't really a self-motivated guy, at least not from what's been reported about his work ethic. Sanchez needed a offensive-minded HC that was going to push him and challenge him everyday, during the season and the off-season to get better and work at his craft. Challange him in the film room, harp on his bad footwork and sloppy mechanics, day in and day out. Piss him off and make him work harder until he became better. Most defensive coaches don't understand that because....well, their too busy fixing their defense. There are some instances where defensive coaches have great offensive coaching, who will take the reigns and develop a QB(Gilbride in NY). But most times a young QB needs great offensive mentor. I saw it first hand with Nolan and Alex Smith. Sanchez was a carbon-copy of Alex....he needed to be nurtured by a offensive father-figure because he was NOT ready coming into the league and lacked those certain intangibles it takes to succeed, long-term.

Early in his career the offennse wasn't focused around him, it focused on the running game. His reads were simplified and the running game carried the offense. The defense was awsome and that's how they won game. But being in the same division with the Pats, you have to keep up. So Ryan wanted more from the passing game so they put more on his plate. But the progression from him as a QB didn't warrant the leap of faith. The running game got worst and worst, as his flaws were being exposed. The defense got older and injuries started to mount, and their play started to dip, which put even more pressure for him to step up, which never happened.

Now of course, going to a offensive-minded HC doesnt guaranteed success either. But in general, OC-driven teams understand the importance of development and growth at the position and make it a focal point, not an afterthought. But more importantly, they understand the ramifications when they DON'T see that improvement or growth, and act swiftly and accordingly, in most instances.
VAfy-ya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 11:39 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

My cousin is a Jets fan, and I thank the football gods that I was able to share the amazing butt fumble with him. By far the best thing ever! The look on his face when it happened was priceless! I couldn't stop laughing for like 10 minutes. In all my days of following football, I never see a play so funny.
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 12:13 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY+Giants=NYG View Post
My cousin is a Jets fan, and I thank the football gods that I was able to share the amazing butt fumble with him. By far the best thing ever! The look on his face when it happened was priceless! I couldn't stop laughing for like 10 minutes. In all my days of following football, I never see a play so funny.
As a Patriots fan, you have no idea the pleasure I still take in watching that play transpire.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 04-29-2013, 12:41 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jvig43 View Post
As a Patriots fan, you have no idea the pleasure I still take in watching that play transpire.
It was clearly amazing. I remember sitting on the couch, my cousin was next to me, and the jets were struggling. Then the play occurs! I was shocked seeing it, and look over at my cousin to see if he reacted, and he closed his eyes like, god what a mess, and the replay showed it again, and I couldn't stop laughing.

It was truly amazing! That play is Mark Sanchez!
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 12:45 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He can't read defenses, he has poor work ethic, and he has a limited arm.

/thread.
Old 04-29-2013, 01:13 PM    (permalink
gsorace
Veteran

gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
This. Everyone kept saying how he regressed in 2011 from his 2010 season, but that's only because the Jets went deep into the playoffs in 2010, statistically 2011 was his best season by far and he was still terrible.

Mark Sanchez today is the same QB he was when he left USC, he only looks as good as the team around him.
gsorace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 01:33 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Sanchez is bad because the talent around him is bad and the coaching staff is incompetent.

When Geno Smith (who is a much rawer product than people realize) gets into the system, if they don't get serious about their young QB's development - then he will be a "bust" in by his rookie contract's end too.
Old 04-29-2013, 01:38 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Location: What do you do when a doo-doo chump punk points a finger like a stump?
FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

lmfao . . .

Set to Benny Hill theme song (I <3 you, interwebz)

On nfl.com w/the live call - Collinsworth: "Oh. My. God. I've never seen this before in my life."
http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-h...mble-return-TD

He just wasn't ready coming out of USC and most people saw it that way. Another few years and maybe he would have matured enough to handle the pressure involved with an NFL gig.

The release of Tebow makes me sad.

Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs
FlyingElvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 01:42 PM    (permalink
Hurricanes25
All-Pro

Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It's time for the Jets to completely move on from Sanchez. They released Tebow today and Sanchez should be next.

A change of scenery won't do anything for him. He'll never win a starting QB job in camp/preseason. His mental makeup in too fragile and it's gotten worse over time.

As for the 2013 QB situation for the Jets, I'm hoping we give the job to Garrard to start the season. Geno isn't ready and the supporting cast is lackluster. Let Garrard take all the bumps. What's everyone thoughts on that?

Sig by BoneKrusher
Hurricanes25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 01:45 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Location: What do you do when a doo-doo chump punk points a finger like a stump?
FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hurricanes25 View Post
It's time for the Jets to completely move on from Sanchez. They released Tebow today and Sanchez should be next.

A change of scenery won't do anything for him. He'll never win a starting QB job in camp/preseason. His mental makeup in too fragile and it's gotten worse over time.

As for the 2013 QB situation for the Jets, I'm hoping we give the job to Garrard to start the season. Geno isn't ready and the supporting cast is lackluster. Let Garrard take all the bumps. What's everyone thoughts on that?
Sanchez gives you a better change of a high pick. Garrard gives you a better chance of winning games. Honestly, as a Pats fan, I hope Garrard gets the nod.

Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs
FlyingElvis is offline   Reply With Quote