Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New York Giants Team Forum

New York Giants Team Forum Discuss the G-Men

Old 04-29-2013, 10:24 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm hoping we see

LT: Beatty
LG: Pugh
C: Baas
RG: Snee
RT: Brewer

Bc I'm hoping Brewer can earn the RT spot. Wishful thinking I know, but it would really help a ton if he did.

That and I think Pugh's best position will be on the inside, either at G or C.
Old 04-29-2013, 10:25 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd be fine with that. Then we see how McCants and Mosley do. Next on the list would be china doll Baas and Snee.
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 10:30 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY+Giants=NYG View Post
I'd be fine with that. Then we see how McCants and Mosley do. Next on the list would be china doll Baas and Snee.
If Mosely and Brewer can pan out, we're pretty much set. Then we'd just need a C and our starting 5 would be fine. Of course we'll also need to fill out depth, but that's what those developmental guys are for.

I don't have much faith in McCants, but I'm hoping Mosely and Brewer can be something. From what I've seen of Brewer I'm not impressed at all, but it's now or never for the guy, so this is the year. Time to step up. I guess you can say the same for Mosely.
Old 04-29-2013, 10:34 AM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
I'd like to see Beatty-Pugh-Baas-Snee-Boothe from Day 1.
I'm not so sure Boothe playing RT would work. I don't think he has the feet and quickness to play there. I would much rather have Pugh there.

I think BBD's line up is ideal for this year, but I'm going under the assumption Brewer will suck:

LG: Boothe
RT: Pugh

However, the year after will be interesting. We have SO MANY different potential combinations. One of the benefits of Pugh's versatility.

Could be:

LG: Pugh
C: Rookie/FA
RG: Mosley
RT: Rookie/FA

or

LG: Mosley
C: Rookie/FA
RG: Snee/Rookie/FA

Just so many different options. Could even try Mosley at C (if he works out) or Pugh at C.
Old 04-29-2013, 10:42 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Boothe filled in at RT 2 years ago and I thought he was fine there. If Brewer is better though I'm fine with that. It seems like they have Brewer pegged as a G now though.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 10:47 AM    (permalink
Damix
All-Pro

Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

There should at the very least be a done of competition this year between LG and RT.

Diehl, Pugh, Brewer, Boothe all competing for two spots.
Damix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 10:49 AM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Eh, I didn't really like Boothe at RT. I felt he got A LOT of help from TE's chipping and such. I just do not think he has the quickness to deal with some of the edge rushers. Pugh has much better quickness and footwork. He's a rookie so he will mess up but overall I feel like we'll be better with him there.

Has anyone seen comments from JR/Coughlin about where they like Pugh at? I'm just curious.
Old 04-29-2013, 10:51 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
If Mosely and Brewer can pan out, we're pretty much set. Then we'd just need a C and our starting 5 would be fine. Of course we'll also need to fill out depth, but that's what those developmental guys are for.

I don't have much faith in McCants, but I'm hoping Mosely and Brewer can be something. From what I've seen of Brewer I'm not impressed at all, but it's now or never for the guy, so this is the year. Time to step up. I guess you can say the same for Mosely.
Yeah, but I won't hold my breath on that. That would mean we hit on all 3 developmental guys. I just wait 1 to be a starter first. Let's see if that happens.

This is why I wanted Barrett Jones. His versatility would be so valuable. Pugh and Jones could fill in anywhere and now your depth is much better.
Old 04-29-2013, 10:55 AM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Quote:
Yeah, but I won't hold my breath on that. That would mean we hit on all 3 developmental guys. I just wait 1 to be a starter first. Let's see if that happens.

This is why I wanted Barrett Jones. His versatility would be so valuable. Pugh and Jones could fill in anywhere and now your depth is much better.
I wanted Jones too, but I'm guessing a lot of NFL teams did not like him.

Still, if he worked out, it would have been sick.

LG: Jones

Then you can shift Jones to C, Pugh to LG later if you want.
Old 04-29-2013, 11:01 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

That would have made this draft from B+ to a solid A! That would be have very, very good. I would be extremely happy if that happened.

Two verstatile, Mr. Fix it type guys. If a OT breaks down no worries we can fix it. Guard? Got you, it's all good. Center? No worries, Jones has it. That's perfect!
Old 04-29-2013, 11:03 AM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Yeah, again, I'm not sure what the issue with Jones is/was. A lot of people had him mocked in the second round so for him to fall so far I feel like their must of have been some kind of issue.
Old 04-29-2013, 11:14 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

Well he would start on PUP. He is hurt or still healing.
Old 04-29-2013, 11:53 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

You had enough offense for one offseason!
Old 04-29-2013, 12:45 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

Quote:
You had enough offense for one offseason!
let's see..

Jenkins
Patterson
Conor
Hankins
Moore
Taylor

Herman, Nassib, Pugh, Cox

No enough, but you can always add more.

We have Quasi safety, a DE, and a DT to along with the FA signings. So now Fewell has run stoppers. Let's see if he can save his job.

That's what it comes down to. Can he save his job now? Or will be screw it up, another year in Eli's prime, and be cast out?

24th ranked schedule toughness. So I don't expect 31st in total D. If it's mid to late 20s I'd be thoroughly annoyed.

But.. let's see. Ball out now!
Old 04-29-2013, 12:47 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

I hate Fewell. How on earth did he take our talent on defense and make it 31st in the league?

You actively have to TRY to be that bad with our talent. I hate him so much.
Old 04-29-2013, 12:49 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TGlbMZxCbPY

Herman OG video. I like it so far. This guy has good strength. I know it's a stretch, but 'd hope he can contribute. That would be so good!

Beatty, Herman, Baas, Snee and Pugh

Future:

Beatty, Herman, Pugh, Snee, Brewer.
Old 04-29-2013, 12:54 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

Quote:
I hate Fewell. How on earth did he take our talent on defense and make it 31st in the league?

You actively have to TRY to be that bad with our talent. I hate him so much.
Don't even get me started.

There should be ZERO excuses now.

All the DEs nd ALL the DTs. STOP THE RUN! If we can't do that and get pressure on the QB leading to home run balls then screw that!

We have defensive players. But adding DEs and DTs you can keep your Lbs clean. So now let's see it.
Old 04-29-2013, 04:45 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Why did Tuck drop to us in the 3rd round? Was it only injury concerns or was there more to that like slow timed speed or something. I don't fully remember.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 04-29-2013, 04:54 PM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I can't even get to Shane's site from work right now because it's blocked. Major problem.
Can you please pm me the url for shane's site?
Big_Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 05:15 PM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forenci View Post
Eh, I didn't really like Boothe at RT. I felt he got A LOT of help from TE's chipping and such. I just do not think he has the quickness to deal with some of the edge rushers. Pugh has much better quickness and footwork. He's a rookie so he will mess up but overall I feel like we'll be better with him there.

Has anyone seen comments from JR/Coughlin about where they like Pugh at? I'm just curious.
They are talking RT but also mentioned Centre if needed.

My guess is LG is not in the picture as yet.
Old 04-29-2013, 05:15 PM    (permalink
Mike Maycock
Rookie

Mike Maycock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mike Maycock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mike Maycock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mike Maycock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mike Maycock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mike Maycock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mike Maycock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mike Maycock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mike Maycock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mike Maycock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mike Maycock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

LT: Beatty, Pugh/Diehl
LG: Boothe, Pugh, Mosely
C: Baas, Boothe, Pugh
RG: Snee, Pugh, Herman
RT: Diehl, Pugh, Brewer

9 OL
Mike Maycock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 05:16 PM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Why did Tuck drop to us in the 3rd round? Was it only injury concerns or was there more to that like slow timed speed or something. I don't fully remember.
I am pretty sure Tuck was coming back from an injury
Old 04-29-2013, 05:25 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big_Pete View Post
I am pretty sure Tuck was coming back from an injury
Yeah I know he definitely had injury concerns but I wasn't sure if that was the only reason for the drop or if it was a combination of things.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 04-29-2013, 05:26 PM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Don't even get me started.

There should be ZERO excuses now.

All the DEs nd ALL the DTs. STOP THE RUN! If we can't do that and get pressure on the QB leading to home run balls then screw that!

We have defensive players. But adding DEs and DTs you can keep your Lbs clean. So now let's see it.
there can't be any excuses

We have plenty of DL and DT talent, CB has plenty of talent and experience, there is good safety depth with a lot of young talent and we have a good core of LBs and Coughlin has mentioned we are looking to add there.

We have plenty of depth, plenty of experienced vets and plenty of young guys with ability.

It is reallies on
1. our strength and conditioning guys to get everyone in peak shape

2. our position coaches/vets ti develop the young guys

3. our players to play hard

4. our coaches to put players in situations where they can make plays.
Old 04-29-2013, 05:34 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

Exactly! I am expecting mid rankings like 15th in total defense. If we hit 20s or especially late 20s, then fewell needs to be not re-signed. I would not want him re-signed anyways. I can't stand his scheme.