Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 04-29-2013, 01:14 PM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Well thanks for nothing Hughes you lazy sack of ****. I hope you roll your ankle getting off the plane.
Enjoy the favorite LB Chavis ever coached.
"People are going to start respecting LSU...if you don't, we're going to hit you in your mouth."
Bert Macklin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 01:20 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by princefielder28 View Post
Tebow has been released

Career over?
One more shot somewhere. Some owner is going to want the attention.

I actually like the kid but not sure if he is ever going to fit in with the way teams throw the ball today.
Babylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 01:21 PM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMcGee View Post
I wasn't ready to give up on Sheppard but he was clearly out of a starting job when we drafted Alonso. Hughes gives us at least some depth now where we were severely lacking it.
I guess. Hughes hasn't even been able to get on the field consistently so I don't have much hope. I rather have kept the depth.

Sig by the King BK

Fear the Spear - Winston Era has begun....
Quote:
"I wasn't going to lose to Miami, no matter what," Freeman said. "It means a lot to go out there and beat them. Every time I get a chance, I want to destroy them."
BallerT1215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 01:38 PM    (permalink
JHasley10
Rookie

JHasley10 JHasley10 JHasley10 JHasley10 JHasley10 JHasley10 JHasley10 JHasley10 JHasley10 JHasley10 JHasley10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babylon View Post
One more shot somewhere. Some owner is going to want the attention.

I actually like the kid but not sure if he is ever going to fit in with the way teams throw the ball today.
Watch its SD. We have a cheap owner who raised ticket prices after missing playoffs for 3 yrs.

Money and media coverage for backup qb
JHasley10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 01:41 PM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I remember being soooooo pissed when Indy took Hughes one pick before us.
"People are going to start respecting LSU...if you don't, we're going to hit you in your mouth."
Old 04-29-2013, 01:44 PM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bert Macklin View Post
I remember being soooooo pissed when Indy took Hughes one pick before us.
its ok, you could have ended up with jason worilds as the consolation prize :-(

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saints-Tigers View Post
"He won't be able to just use his arm power to throw defenders around at the next level!"

The hell he won't, lol.
K Train is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 01:57 PM    (permalink
SolidGold
Pro Bowler

SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
Reasons he's going to Seattle:

- He's only slightly worse than Brady Quinn.

- There can never be a national media circus there, ever.

- We don't give a **** what people think.
Remember the media's interest in "GRUNGE"
SolidGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 02:00 PM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidGold View Post
Remember the media's interest in "GRUNGE"
And Brian Bosworth

Quote:
"He won't be able to just use his arm power to throw defenders around at the next level!"

The hell he won't, lol.
Old 04-29-2013, 02:06 PM    (permalink
SolidGold
Pro Bowler

SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Say what you will about Tebow - I cede that he has HIS fans vs fans of the team he play(ed) for which obviously caused rifts, the media is mostly responsible for this IMO - Tebow was pretty much built up and ripped by the media. I really don't get why people hate Tebow the person or player as it isn't his fault. He got a raw deal in New York. A ton of people just hate the guy to hate him. Alot of people are turned off by his Christian beliefs, yet Ray Lewis was way way more animated about "God" and religion and he was almost universally loved. The Tebow phenomenon is/was an interesting look at how dumb fans could be IMO.

I will say that I wish Tebow was more open to playing another position like TE or RB (yes running back not fullback).

I think Washington could be the most logical landing spot - he could be developed in that offense behind Griffin and Cousins. Tebow is 10 times better than Pat White and fits what the Redskins were trying to do at the backup situation. There is something very wrong if Pat White is on a team in the NFL but Tebow isn't.
SolidGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 02:08 PM    (permalink
WCH
Pro Bowler

WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
Reasons he's going to Seattle:

- He's only slightly worse than Brady Quinn.

- There can never be a national media circus there, ever.

- We don't give a **** what people think.
"Uh, no." - John Schneider
WCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 02:09 PM    (permalink
Pat Sims 90
All-Pro

Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Tebow just needs to switch to be a H-Back. Then I would gladly take him on the Bengals.

RIP themaninblack
Pat Sims 90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 02:16 PM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by K Train View Post
its ok, you could have ended up with jason worilds as the consolation prize :-(
We ended up taking Patrick Robinson :(
Old 04-29-2013, 02:26 PM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bert Macklin View Post
We ended up taking Patrick Robinson :(
I would try to defend his play, but....I can't.

Sig by the King BK

Quote:
"I wasn't going to lose to Miami, no matter what," Freeman said. "It means a lot to go out there and beat them. Every time I get a chance, I want to destroy them."
Old 04-29-2013, 02:34 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by K Train View Post
And Brian Bosworth
Well we had the worlds fair in the early 60s, Sonics title in 79 and the WTO riots early in the decade so **** does happen around here besides drinking espresso.
Babylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 02:38 PM    (permalink
gonzo1105
Veteran

gonzo1105 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gonzo1105 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gonzo1105 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gonzo1105 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gonzo1105 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gonzo1105 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gonzo1105 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gonzo1105 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gonzo1105 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gonzo1105 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gonzo1105 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I dont mind the trade. Sheppard has been awful for the Bills and Hughes has been awful for the Colts. I think people underestimate how bad Sheppard was even though he was our starting MLB last year. He is one of the main reasons our rush defense was terrible and he can't cover either. You knew when the Bills brought in Dansby for a visit and then drafted Alonso that he was out of a job cause they love Bradham.

Not defending Hughes really but he's only 24. I think most people forget that and in a limited role he did finally show some life with 4.0 sacks.
gonzo1105 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 02:48 PM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babylon View Post
Well we had the worlds fair in the early 60s, Sonics title in 79 and the WTO riots early in the decade so **** does happen around here besides drinking espresso.
lol seattle is one of my favorite cities. I love the rain and its a very clean city. I hate when its always sunny out and everyone looks so ******* happy #sociopath

Quote:

The hell he won't, lol.
Old 04-29-2013, 02:56 PM    (permalink
robert pancake gallery
Veteran

robert pancake gallery is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.robert pancake gallery is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.robert pancake gallery is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.robert pancake gallery is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.robert pancake gallery is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.robert pancake gallery is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.robert pancake gallery is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.robert pancake gallery is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.robert pancake gallery is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.robert pancake gallery is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.robert pancake gallery is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

do people honestly think tebow is a better passer than weeden? weeden is old, he struggled with decisionmaking at times last season, but at least he can throw a spiral.

robert pancake gallery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 03:48 PM    (permalink
BuckeyeDan17
Pro Bowler

BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by robert pancake gallery View Post
do people honestly think tebow is a better passer than weeden? weeden is old, he struggled with decisionmaking at times last season, but at least he can throw a spiral.
Yeah this is ridiculous. Weeden is perfectly capable of leading our tank for Teddy Bridgewater. He doesn't need any assistance.

Have it your way, with BK (BoneKrusher)
BuckeyeDan17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 04:10 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Eric Winston reportedly met with the Titans today
mightytitan9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 04:45 PM    (permalink
Caulibflower
Pro Bowler

Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I can kinda see Tebow getting picked up by Seattle. Fits what Pete Carroll wants in his runners pretty perfectly, and I do think he can throw it well enough to be Russell's backup. If Russell couldn't play, our offense would just get really run-heavy. We've got the personnel for it, and Pete loooooves to play power football. And it would be awesome to get Tebow and Percy Harvin back together.
Caulibflower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 04:45 PM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by robert pancake gallery View Post
Tebow throws W's on the win column though. Wobbly lame duck W's.
Old 04-29-2013, 04:47 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caulibflower View Post
I can kinda see Tebow getting picked up by Seattle. Fits what Pete Carroll wants in his runners pretty perfectly, and I do think he can throw it well enough to be Russell's backup. If Russell couldn't play, our offense would just get really run-heavy. We've got the personnel for it, and Pete loooooves to play power football. And it would be awesome to get Tebow and Percy Harvin back together.
You've gotta have the defense to support Tebow at QB, I think Seattle definitely has that aspect of it
mightytitan9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 04:48 PM    (permalink
Caulibflower
Pro Bowler

Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Haha... nevermind. I guess Schneider got asked on a radio show if the team has interest in Tebow and said, "Uh, no."
Caulibflower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 04:49 PM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caulibflower View Post
Haha... nevermind. I guess Schneider got asked on a radio show if the team has interest in Tebow and said, "Uh, no."
I don't blame him. You guys are trying to get to the Superbowl, you don't need that media circus around the team.

Sig by the King BK

Quote:
Old 04-29-2013, 05:16 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Adam Snyder released :D