Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > St. Louis Rams Team Forum

St. Louis Rams Team Forum Discuss the Rams

Closed Thread

Old 04-27-2013, 02:25 PM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I love Oday. That one hurt
Old 04-27-2013, 03:18 PM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Love zac Stacy!!
Old 04-27-2013, 03:32 PM    (permalink
yodabear
Magic Fingers
Legend

yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NGSeiler View Post
Love the Barrett Jones pick.

49ers just took Lattimore. Time to turn on him, Rams fans.
Turning on him will be hard since he seems like a great kid and would love to see him have success...if he wasn't on the Niners.

But love the Stacy pick for us. Running back was the spot I was hoping we'd address today and they did. Absolutely awesome draft by the Rams IMO.
Old 04-27-2013, 04:42 PM    (permalink
freebirdsrams02
Veteran

freebirdsrams02 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.freebirdsrams02 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.freebirdsrams02 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.freebirdsrams02 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.freebirdsrams02 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.freebirdsrams02 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.freebirdsrams02 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.freebirdsrams02 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.freebirdsrams02 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.freebirdsrams02 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.freebirdsrams02 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Looks like the draft is over for Rams, probably looking at undrafted free agents next.

But any veteran Free Agent out there that the Rams might pick up here in the next few weeks?

Sig made by Falcon from E Oakland

"Spread'em and Shread'em"
Old 04-27-2013, 04:44 PM    (permalink
stlouisfan37
Veteran

stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

And to boot, the Seahawks took Williams. It's bad enough to be surrounded by their fans all the time...then they send their front office guys in and steal my players right out in the open. I think I'm gonna get a Long jersey to wear underneath my scrubs on Tuesday nights next fall and flash it to Wilson every time I see him.
Old 04-27-2013, 05:09 PM    (permalink
stlouisfan37
Veteran

stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Im really happy with this draft. I would love it if Marquess Wilson goes undrafted, I think he would be a great UFA. I would also like to see us bring in Matt Scott, Latavius Murray, Chris Gragg, Eric Herman, Michael Buchanan, Chase Thomas, Keith Pugh, Jordan Poyer, Tony Jefferson, wait...did I say Jordan Poyer? He still hasn't been drafted? What the hell happened there? He has to be one of the top talents yet to be taken. Someone will get fantastic value in him.
Old 04-28-2013, 05:47 PM    (permalink
KCJ58
Icon

KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Eric Stevens FB from California, who we signed as a UFA, could become the Starting FB this year, Head Coach Jeff Fisher already has a relationship with his older brother Craig Stevens TE when he drafted him out of Cal in the 3rd round with the Titans. & maybe they would have taken him if they had a 7th round pick. It seems like he's the only true FB on our roster as of know but it's an UFA to look out for

Old 04-29-2013, 06:46 AM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

I don't know how long it's been since I've been this excited about a Rams season. 2013 could be a fun one folks, and it's crazy to think we could go 10-6 and probably finish 3rd in our division!

I love how Snead and Fisher draft, it seems like they're in agreement with their fanbase on what we need. I remember watching the draft when Linehan was in charge and when Spags was in charge. I would want a Receiver or a Linebacker in the 2nd round....we would draft a fullback! And this group isn't afraid to take chances and go ******* get the player they want, and i love it.
Old 04-29-2013, 07:14 AM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

Undrafted Free Agent list

Phillip Steward, LB, Houston
Philip Lutzenkirchen, TE, Auburn
Braden Brown, OT, BYU
Mike Gilliard, ILB, UGA
Garrett Goebel, DT, Ohio State
Don Unamba, CB, Southern Arkansas
Jonathan Stewart, ILB, Texas A&M
Ray-Ray Armstrong, SAF, Faulkner/Miami
Bennie Cunningham, RB, MTSU
Kevin Saia, G, Louisiana Tech
Christian Robinson, LB, Georgia
Brett Baer, K, Louisiana Lafsyette
Cody Davis, FS, Texas Tech
Eric Stevens, DE, Cal
Daren Bates S, Auburn
Robert Steeples CB, Memphis
Gerald Rivers DE, Mississippi
Darren Woodard DB, Texas El-Paso

I'm intrigued by some of these players. Philip Lutzenkirchen, Jonathan Stewart, Phillip Steward, Cody Davis, Ray-Ray-Armstrong, Robert Steeples, Eric Stevens and Daren Bates I think have a legit shot at making the final 53 or at least practice squad.
Old 04-29-2013, 03:41 PM    (permalink
stlouisfan37
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by holt_bruce81 View Post
Undrafted Free Agent list

Phillip Steward, LB, Houston
Philip Lutzenkirchen, TE, Auburn
Braden Brown, OT, BYU
Mike Gilliard, ILB, UGA
Garrett Goebel, DT, Ohio State
Don Unamba, CB, Southern Arkansas
Jonathan Stewart, ILB, Texas A&M
Ray-Ray Armstrong, SAF, Faulkner/Miami
Bennie Cunningham, RB, MTSU
Kevin Saia, G, Louisiana Tech
Christian Robinson, LB, Georgia
Brett Baer, K, Louisiana Lafsyette
Cody Davis, FS, Texas Tech
Eric Stevens, DE, Cal
Daren Bates S, Auburn
Robert Steeples CB, Memphis
Gerald Rivers DE, Mississippi
Darren Woodard DB, Texas El-Paso

I'm intrigued by some of these players. Philip Lutzenkirchen, Jonathan Stewart, Phillip Steward, Cody Davis, Ray-Ray-Armstrong, Robert Steeples, Eric Stevens and Daren Bates I think have a legit shot at making the final 53 or at least practice squad.
I also think we may have a solid backup O-Lineman in Braden Brown. He is durable, having played in 38 straight games to finish his career. He is also very athletic. He was recruited to be a TE and moved to tackle his sophomore year. Played RT, but was the blind-side protector of a left-handed QB. BYU has put out some excellent lunchpailers over the years, and you know he will be a good kid.
Old 04-29-2013, 03:47 PM    (permalink
KCJ58
Icon

KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Eric Stevens is a FB not DE

Old 04-30-2013, 05:13 AM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCJ58 View Post
Eric Stevens is a FB not DE
Ah, thanks man. stltoday had it wrong.

Question here, if Sam Bradford struggles this season (which I don't think he will) Do we look for a Quarterback in next years draft? the class is pretty weak.

My Top 5
1. Teddy Bridgewater
2. Tajh Boyd
3. AJ McCarron
4. Aaron Murray
5. Blake Bortles

Overrated: Logan Thomas, Derek Carr, David Fales
Old 04-30-2013, 11:12 AM    (permalink
stlouisfan37
Veteran

Sam's gonna thrive this season in his 2nd year with Schotty, and with all his new toys. I think the better question is, if RGIII doesn't come back fully healthy and we are in the top 5, do we make the trade to #1 for Clowney, even though we have Long and Quinn?

The simple answer is, "Yes, definitely"
Old 04-30-2013, 05:46 PM    (permalink
NGSeiler
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Question here, if Sam Bradford struggles this season (which I don't think he will) Do we look for a Quarterback in next years draft? the class is pretty weak.
I probably wouldn't, but I definitely think there are going to be some questions if he doesn't take a big step forward. He'll be playing with the best weapons and the best protection he'll have had his entire career.

I don't think this organization considers it a "put up or shut up" year, but with a salary jump from $9 million to $14.015 million from '13 to '14 and only two years on his contract after this season, I think he will be under the microscope and expected to improve.
Old 05-01-2013, 11:02 PM    (permalink
Crimson79
Rookie

Crimson79 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crimson79 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crimson79 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crimson79 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crimson79 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crimson79 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crimson79 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crimson79 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crimson79 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crimson79 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crimson79 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

My Top 5
1. Teddy Bridgewater
2. Tajh Boyd
3. AJ McCarron
4. Aaron Murray
5. Blake Bortles

Bradford didn't struggle last season with an average supporting cast. He wasn't great by any means, but considering he was on his third OC in three years, banged up OL, and not many weapons I'd say he was solid.

The team has upgraded on offense in a major way this offseason, and with some stability at offensive coordinator I think he has a breakout season.
Old 05-02-2013, 04:11 PM    (permalink
yodabear
Magic Fingers
Legend

yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

My Top 5
1. Teddy Bridgewater
2. Tajh Boyd
3. AJ McCarron
4. Aaron Murray
5. Blake Bortles

Not that I think we will need to or anything, but only if we stink enough for Bridgewater. He is the only guy from that list that intrigues me at all. But I don't think we are going to need to worry....
Old 05-02-2013, 05:41 PM    (permalink
stlouisfan37
Veteran

Bradford's stats for 2013: 394completions, 593 attempts, 4128 yards, 28 TD's, 10 ints
Old 05-28-2013, 02:00 AM    (permalink
stlouisfan37
Veteran

I have been reading a lot of articles relating to this being a make-or-break year for Bradford. Many of them are very positive in nature. It's nice to see that I am not the only one who feels this way.

I went to the last game of the year against the Seahawks, one of the only Rams games I was able to see last year. We really were in that game from start to finish, despite the deafening crowd noise. And, can I just say that the crowd is 137 times louder in the building than it is on TV? I'm not blaming the loss on the noise; but what I am saying is that it absolutely does create a measurable advantage for the home team. (108 decibels worth of measurable, at one point in the 4th quarter).

What I saw, though, as the game wore on in the 4th quarter, was Sam beginning to own his team, win or lose. In the end he threw a pick in the end zone and we lost, a pass that I'm sure he wished he had back. Regardless of the outcome, it really felt like Sam had stepped up and said, "this is my team now." Which is what we have all been waiting for. Everyone has known all along that he had the skillset to be one of the top QB's in the league. It is his lack of leadership that has held him back. Now I am reading about him wanting to be more vocal, telling the young guys how routes are supposed to look and how he wants things done, and it very much appears as though he is getting it. This is going to be a really fun season:-)
Old 07-03-2013, 04:00 PM    (permalink
stlouisfan37
Veteran

Quentin Mikell in talks with Carolina.

http://www.csnphilly.com/football-ph...talks-panthers

There had been a lot of talk about him possibly coming back. The more time goes on I get the feeling like the coaches are waiting for training camp cuts to maybe pick up a younger player.
Old 07-03-2013, 06:53 PM    (permalink
ArkyRamsFan
Veteran

ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stlouisfan37 View Post
Quentin Mikell in talks with Carolina.

http://www.csnphilly.com/football-ph...talks-panthers

There had been a lot of talk about him possibly coming back. The more time goes on I get the feeling like the coaches are waiting for training camp cuts to maybe pick up a younger player.
Yeah, or they may be just hoping that some of our young guys like McLeod, Stewart or a UDFA like Cody Davis take a step forward.

I liked Mikell but it was time to move on from him. Too expensive and too old at this point in his career to build a program with.

P.S. I am especially interested to see how Cody Davis develops. Still can't believe that he wasn't drafted by someone somewhere....

WHAT SAY YE?
Old 07-10-2013, 06:41 PM    (permalink
stlouisfan37
Veteran

Yeah, I like Davis and McDonald, although I personally would have rather had Shamarko Thomas over McDonald. Still, I see this group of safeties being better than last year's and on its way up. I wouldn't be surprised if we add another player or two from other teams as cuts occur. And I would love it if we took a gamble on this guy...

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/s...e-agent-070813
Old 07-11-2013, 06:38 PM    (permalink
ArkyRamsFan
Veteran

ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stlouisfan37 View Post
Yeah, I like Davis and McDonald, although I personally would have rather had Shamarko Thomas over McDonald. Still, I see this group of safeties being better than last year's and on its way up. I wouldn't be surprised if we add another player or two from other teams as cuts occur. And I would love it if we took a gamble on this guy...

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/s...e-agent-070813
Hmmm...interesting but he's a bit big to play safety, isn't he?

......Ha! just kiddin' with ya!!!
Old 07-17-2013, 10:54 PM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

My money draft for fantasy football is in a few weeks. I hope I don't overdraft Rams players lol, I always get way to high on these guys.

Tavon Austin and Chris Givens I expect to be legit #2 Wideouts. With Stedman Bailey having a chance to surprise. And I expect monster stats from Cook and Bradford this year. Sam top 12 Fantasy QB.

****! I'm gonna overdraft.
Old 07-18-2013, 12:51 AM    (permalink
KCJ58
Icon

I know what you mean, drafted guys like. Greg Salas, Lance Kendricks Marty Gilyard, Brian Quick, Brian Leonard and Isaah Pead all high in past year drafts. But i do agree with alot of what you said though. This is the year!

Old 07-18-2013, 12:21 PM    (permalink
stlouisfan37
Veteran

I have been guilty of the same...I had Amendola and Kendricks last year. I refused to give up on Kendricks, dropping him up and "re-signing hime" several times throughout the year. If only fantasy was played in preseason:-)
Closed Thread