Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2014 NFL Draft Forum

2014 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2014 NFL Draft

Old 04-29-2013, 03:18 PM    (permalink
MassNole
Pro Bowler

MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ph90702 View Post
Next year's draft is much better on paper. I don't think there was a single elite prospect in this year's draft.

The QBs actually are a significant drop off from this year and this was already a weak year.
MassNole is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 03:24 PM    (permalink
stlouisfan37
Veteran

stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babylon View Post
ASJ is a local guy so i'm really pulling for him but he needs to grow up. His work habits aren't the best and he recently got himself a DUI.

We've got the two best TEs here in the Pac12 north in him and Colt Lyerla from those dreaded Ducks.
I love ASJ...I live in Seattle too and I think he is the best TE in next year's draft, head and shoulders. I hadn't heard about his DUI. That's too bad...maybe he falls to #32 for the Rams:-)
stlouisfan37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 04:13 PM    (permalink
Big Bird
Rookie

Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by princefielder28 View Post
What's the fascination with David Fales? He doesn't have the arm to be much more than a backup in the league.
His arm strength isn't going to knock anybody over, but his accuracy is exceptional and release is lightning quick too. He can move too, reminds me of Tony Romo overall.
Big Bird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 04:21 PM    (permalink
Ozzy
Pro Bowler

Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
MassNole The QBs actually are a significant drop off from this year and this was already a weak year.
Where a player is drafted does not prove or disprove his talent or ability. Sure quarterbacks drop this year but that was situational and not as many teams were looking for one in the top rounds, does not mean they were bad or below average quarterbacks I feel.

Would have been real interesting if WV did not tank the last half of the season and if Barkley never got hurt, would that drop still have occurred.

However I do agree, when comparing this year 2013 and next year, arguably this year is far deeper than the one coming up in 2014. But that could change if certain players develop and progress along as they should, but right now it looks kind of weak.
Old 04-29-2013, 04:33 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozzy View Post
Where a player is drafted does not prove or disprove his talent or ability. Sure quarterbacks drop this year but that was situational and not as many teams were looking for one in the top rounds, does not mean they were bad or below average quarterbacks I feel.

Would have been real interesting if WV did not tank the last half of the season and if Barkley never got hurt, would that drop still have occurred.

However I do agree, when comparing this year 2013 and next year, arguably this year is far deeper than the one coming up in 2014. But that could change if certain players develop and progress along as they should, but right now it looks kind of weak.
This. The Jaguars, Vikings, Texans, Browns, and Broncos could be looking at QBs in the first round next year. Circumstances change.

tjsunstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 04:37 PM    (permalink
Hurricanes25
All-Pro

Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozzy View Post
Though at the same time, many teams who looked like they needed a QB went down the veteran/stop-gap road. Palmer to Arizona, Smith to KC, Flynn to Oakland, etc. That could say something about the 2013 class.

Sig by BoneKrusher
Hurricanes25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 04:54 PM    (permalink
Norcal3518
Rookie

Norcal3518 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Norcal3518 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Norcal3518 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Norcal3518 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Norcal3518 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Norcal3518 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Norcal3518 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Norcal3518 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Norcal3518 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Norcal3518 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Norcal3518 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Bird View Post
His arm strength isn't going to knock anybody over, but his accuracy is exceptional and release is lightning quick too. He can move too, reminds me of Tony Romo overall.
Fales arm strength isnt terrible. He isnt going to wow anyone but he makes the throws. He has probably the best pocket presence out of all the prospects IMO. He knows where to put the ball so only his WR can make the play. I have followed him since his Sophomore year of High school and he has done nothing but improve year after year. He is a great leader as well. I dont think his work ethic will ever be questioned. I wouldnt say he can move that well lol he throws very well on the run though extremely accurate out of the pocket. A team that intrigues me with Fales is Oakland. Their QB coach DeFilipo is the only reason fales got a scholarship to SJSU. Guy absolutely loves him. He may never be a starting QB in the NFL but who knows he could light it up this year and be a first rounder. I think at worst he will be a very reliable backup QB in the league for a long time which doesnt sound too bad to me. I think it just depends where you rank him at. Definitely a top 5 QB in the draft class though. I would have taken him over many of the QBs drafted this year
Norcal3518 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 05:13 PM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjsunstein View Post
This. The Jaguars, Vikings, Texans, Browns, and Broncos could be looking at QBs in the first round next year. Circumstances change.
Broncos have their QB waiting in the wings. Ausweiler. Beast.

Sig by the King BK

Fear the Spear - Winston Era has begun....
Quote:
"I wasn't going to lose to Miami, no matter what," Freeman said. "It means a lot to go out there and beat them. Every time I get a chance, I want to destroy them."
BallerT1215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 05:23 PM    (permalink
marshallb
All-Pro

marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BallerT1215 View Post
Broncos have their QB waiting in the wings. Ausweiler. Beast.
Osweiler. I'd think if he was a beast, you'd know how to spell his name

sig by BK and avy by me
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Perfect Score View Post
If a girl is sucking me off, and I look down and shes beating off a **** of her own, I am absolutely going to tell her to stop. 100% of the time. Explain that ****.
marshallb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 05:26 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Elway could fall in love with a QB, it's not unthinkable. Just another team who could take the route the Packers did with Brohm and Rodgers. Spending a 1st and 2nd rounder in draft years apart is a small price to pay to find your true successor as a franchise QB.

tjsunstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 05:29 PM    (permalink
Ozzy
Pro Bowler

Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Hurricanes25
Though at the same time, many teams who looked like they needed a QB went down the veteran/stop-gap road. Palmer to Arizona, Smith to KC, Flynn to Oakland, etc. That could say something about the 2013 class.
I guess that is very true, even though Flynn is not the answer in Oakland but that is telling that they did that. Even though really unless you are talking a Peyton Manning or Andrew Luck type of talent, an accomplished veteran is usually better than a rookie starter unless you have a lot of faith in his abilities. I would not be surprised if Geno or Barkley have very successful careers, I think many sold them short with how the end of the season turned out based on such high expectations.

Quote:
I find it absolutely hilarious you mentioned Aaron Murray (just doesn't have the tools, simple as that), Casey Pachell (suspended from his team), Zach Mettenberger (couldn't hit the broad side of a barn), and Jeff Driskel (the air is too much pressure for him) and leave off Tajh Boyd, David Fales, Jeff Mathews, and Brett Hundley.
You have a point, I guess looking back I did not realize there were so many redshirt sophomore quarterbacks next year. Really you have what Manziel, Hundley, Mariota and Hogan who could get in the mix. I like Hundley but will have to see if he can keep getting better and playing well with the spot light on him now this season.

There is still potential there with Mettenberger and Driskel I think. Just look at what Mettenberger did against Alabama last year, basically pass for 300 yards against that defense. Sure at times he was bad but he greatly improved as the season when on so to say he is not worth being included is not true I feel. And Murray a lot of people sell him short, but he has a chance to have four straight 3000 yard passing seasons? That is because he has not arm strength, leadership or talent at all, I doubt it. Sure he is not a star but he is consistent and solid so far with another year to prove more.

And speaking of redshirt sophomores, Kyle Carter of Penn State could totally be in the mix in next years draft for top five tight ends arguably. He has a hell of a lot of ability and is with an offense that focuses on getting the ball to the tight end.
Old 04-29-2013, 05:30 PM    (permalink
Robcards
Veteran

Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MassNole View Post
The QBs actually are a significant drop off from this year and this was already a weak year.
Thank you. I find it absurd when people say 'next years QB class will be better!' Aside from Bridgewater, the rest are like Landry Jones quality. I'm having a hard time trying to predict what QBs will be taken in the 1st next year, wouldn't surprise me if Bridgewater is the only one.
Old 04-29-2013, 06:46 PM    (permalink
Bruno
Rookie

Bruno hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robcards View Post
Thank you. I find it absurd when people say 'next years QB class will be better!' Aside from Bridgewater, the rest are like Landry Jones quality. I'm having a hard time trying to predict what QBs will be taken in the 1st next year, wouldn't surprise me if Bridgewater is the only one.
I agree with the class not being that strong overall, but I think at least one of the other QBs will have a big year and get drafted 1st round (Hundley maybe?)
Bruno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 07:06 PM    (permalink
Cigaro
All-NFLDC

Location: Two-thirds of the Earth is covered by water, the other one-third is covered by Luke Kuechly
Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

No seriously, Mettenberger is a really, really bad quarterback. I think you'd have to actually try to be more inaccurate than he was last year.

Sig by Matthew Jones
Cigaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 07:08 PM    (permalink
stlouisfan37
Veteran

stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cigaro View Post
DeAndre Hopkins was Clemson's primary receiver this past year.
I don't think there is a scout in the world that would tell you that Hopkins is the more talented player, though. This is what I meant, not what their specific roles on the team were.
stlouisfan37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 07:10 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robcards View Post
I feel that Bridgewater and if a guy like Mariota came out he would be a very solid prospect. Just never know what the RS Soph's are thinking regarding coming out. Boyd could be a guy that could slide up draft boards, and like a few people have mentioned...Driskell has all the tools in the world and can develop a clue as to when to get rid of the ball he could be a solid prospect.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
SickwithIt1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 07:11 PM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Here's The GBN's yearly projection:

http://www.gbnreport.com/2014projection.html

IMO, it will be a very, very weak senior class since such a huge # of juniors declared this past season.

Last edited by Iamcanadian : 04-30-2013 at 10:12 AM.
Iamcanadian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 07:12 PM    (permalink
Halsey
Pro Bowler

Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You can't know how good a QB class will be a year from now. There's always a chance somebody can emerge. In the past we've seen QBs such as RG3, Flacco, Matt Ryan, Tannehill, Etc. make major leaps as prospects in their final year of college.
Old 04-29-2013, 09:26 PM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I love that you have Jones ranked at 18.

People are going to see a whole different side of him this year with our new defensive system. Stoops did a lot of good while he was here, but he stuck to his zone schemes way too much and LB's chasing TE's 30 yds down the field. We have a much better more attacking system now, and Jones is going to be able to show off all of his skill set.....most of which, SPEED.

Sig by the King BK

Fear the Spear - Winston Era has begun....
Quote:
"I wasn't going to lose to Miami, no matter what," Freeman said. "It means a lot to go out there and beat them. Every time I get a chance, I want to destroy them."

Last edited by BallerT1215 : 04-29-2013 at 09:30 PM.
BallerT1215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 04:14 AM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quarterback Blake Bortles needs some more love in this thread.
Old 04-30-2013, 09:29 AM    (permalink
ph90702
Veteran

ph90702 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ph90702 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ph90702 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ph90702 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ph90702 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ph90702 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ph90702 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ph90702 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ph90702 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ph90702 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ph90702 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cigaro View Post
No seriously, Mettenberger is a really, really bad quarterback. I think you'd have to actually try to be more inaccurate than he was last year.
It seems like LSU has been bad offensively for a while. Maybe they need new coaching on offense.
ph90702 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 10:12 AM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by keylime_5 View Post
The names that stick out to me the most for next year are definitely:

Jadeveon Clowney-DE
Teddy Bridgewater-QB
Marqise Lee-WR
Sammy Watkins-WR
Bradley Roby-CB
Austin Seferian-Jenkins-TE
DeAnthony Thomas-RB/WR
Jake Matthews-T
Cyrus Kouandjio-T
Taylor Lewan-T
Anthony Barr-DE/OLB
Kyle Van Noy-DE/OLB
Stephon Tuitt-DT/DE
Davd Fales-QB

Those guys seem like safest bets to be top picks next year. I'm curious about David Fales though. He has the production and size, but he plays in a non-BCS conference against weak competition and how good is his arm??? (that is the big question). Tajh Boyd and Johnny Manziel and Aaron Murray are gonna get a lot of talk, but all three of those guys are undersized and that could be big. We'll see what effect Russell Wilson's success has on their draft stock.
As for the QB's, it is what they do in their final season that is important. Some will take a huge step forward with more maturity, some will stay about where they are now and a few will fall by the wayside.
There are a # of decent QB's in next year's draft but right now, there are no RG111, Lucks or Wilson's on the horizen, just have to see if one of them suddenly has the lights go on and raises his game to as new level.
Old 04-30-2013, 10:31 AM    (permalink
Poz51
Pro Bowler

Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamcanadian View Post
Here's The GBN's yearly projection:

http://www.gbnreport.com/2014projection.html

IMO, it will be a very, very weak senior class since such a huge # of juniors declared this past season.
How in the world do Jax and Oakland pass on Bridgewater if they are both picking in the top 3 again next year?
I know its early but really? Anything is possible, but that...
Old 04-30-2013, 01:21 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

A few west coast guys that appear headed for a an early call next year:

Maruis Lee, USC
Anthony Barr, UCLA
Austin Sefarian-Jenkins, Washington
Marcus Mariota, Oregon
Colt Lyerla, Oregon
Morgan Breslin, USC
Ben Gardner, Stanford
Trent Murphy, Stanford

Last edited by Babylon : 04-30-2013 at 01:57 PM.
Babylon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 10:27 PM    (permalink
niel89
SuperBowl Prop Bet Winner
All-Pro

niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Looking at some of these projections it still trips me out to see Stanford players near the first round

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy
niel89 is offline   Reply With Quote