Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2014 NFL Draft Forum

2014 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2014 NFL Draft

Old 04-29-2013, 10:16 PM    (permalink
49ersfan_87
Pro Bowler

49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default If I told You Before the Draft...

If i told you before the draft that......

-EJ Manuel would go top 16

-The Jets would draft Geno Smith....in the SECOND round

-Matt Barkley and Ryan Nassib would go in the 4th round

-Travis Frederick would be a 1st round pick

-Giovanni Bernard would be the 1st RB taken

-Packers would draft Eddie Lacy AND Jonathan Franklin

-Rams would draft Tavon Austin AND Stedman Bailey

-Star falls to 14 and is NOT the first DT taken

-Sharriff Floyd falls to 23

What would your reaction be?

Feel free to add your own topics, in fact i hope people do so we can discuss more issues
49ersfan_87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 10:42 PM    (permalink
Robcards
Veteran

Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Been saying Bernard would be the 1st RB taken for a while so no surprise there. Also Nassib going on day 3 was expected by everyone but the media and people who bought into the medias hype. Guy looked awful next to Glennon senior bowl week, how is that a first rounder?

Biggest surprise to me is both Da'Rick and Bray going undrafted. I get the character concerns but really? Even Dennard got taken 7th round last year and he assaulted a police officer at a bar the week of the draft!

Last edited by Robcards : 04-29-2013 at 10:46 PM.
Robcards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 10:46 PM    (permalink
WCH
All-Pro

WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Knile Davis went in the 3rd round. I *love* the pick, but I didn't expect anybody to take the chance that early when other quality backs were on the board.

Last edited by WCH : 04-29-2013 at 10:49 PM.
WCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 11:13 PM    (permalink
RufusMcDaniel
Mage Bros
Pro Bowler

RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

RufusMcDaniel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 11:20 PM    (permalink
ChiFan24
2011 SWDC Mock Draft Champ
Pro Bowler

ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49ersfan_87 View Post

Feel free to add your own topics, in fact i hope people do so we can discuss more issues
The draft is always weird. I'd probably just shrug it off.
Old 04-29-2013, 11:28 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah, half of those aren't even surprises.

The Rams do **** like that all the time. If you prefaced the Manuel thing with "Buffalo", no one bats an eye.

Floyd went about where he should have for the type of player he is.

Star wasn't a surprise, especially if you don't factor in Floyd falling.

A lot of people had Bernard as the #1 RB for a long time.
Old 04-29-2013, 11:59 PM    (permalink
norcalgsr
Veteran

norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Bernard was my #1 RB right after Lattimore injured his knee.

Also, everyone and their momma was mocking Bernard to the Bengals for a long time.
norcalgsr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 02:24 AM    (permalink
The Alex
Pro Bowler

The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

RufusMcDaniel understands the art of reaction gifs. You gotta use themes once in awhile.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phlysac View Post
I heard that Sylvester Stallone wrote The Expendables with The Alex in mind. He had to keep it realistic though and split The Alex's abilities into multiple characters. Stallone thought that critics would pan it for being too far-fetched if he just had one character effing everyone up.
The end. Cut to black. Audience goes ****ing ape****.
The Alex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 02:25 AM    (permalink
stlouisfan37
Veteran

stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robcards View Post
Been saying Bernard would be the 1st RB taken for a while so no surprise there. Also Nassib going on day 3 was expected by everyone but the media and people who bought into the medias hype. Guy looked awful next to Glennon senior bowl week, how is that a first rounder?

Biggest surprise to me is both Da'Rick and Bray going undrafted. I get the character concerns but really? Even Dennard got taken 7th round last year and he assaulted a police officer at a bar the week of the draft!
I thought Bray would get drafted, but I have to say, after watching Rogers on "GameChangers", it doesn't surprise me at all that he went undrafted. Dude is all about getting money and being the center of attention. There wasn't anything in that 21 minute segment that gave me the feeling like he wanted to show up and work hard to become a great football player. I wouldn't have drafted him if we still went 12 rounds.
stlouisfan37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 02:29 AM    (permalink
wicket
All-Pro

wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

-EJ Manuel would go top 16 somewhat surprising

-The Jets would draft Geno Smith....in the SECOND round big surprise

-Matt Barkley and Ryan Nassib would go in the 4th round not really surprising

-Travis Frederick would be a 1st round pick somewhat surprised

-Giovanni Bernard would be the 1st RB taken not surprising at all

-Packers would draft Eddie Lacy AND Jonathan Franklin not shocking but not what one would guess beforehand

-Rams would draft Tavon Austin AND Stedman Bailey not surprising at all

-Star falls to 14 and is NOT the first DT taken not surprising at all (even though i think he was the best by a mile)

-Sharriff Floyd falls to 23 Never liked him as a top 10 pick or anythign but everyone was expecting him to be so i guess im somewhat suprised

much more shocking i thought was that guys like bray and chase thomas went undrafted

Saints 2014 draft wish list:
- No pass rusher till the fourth round (or preferably at all)
- Corner or Wideout in the first
- No reaching
- No Kelvin Benjamin
wicket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 02:31 AM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default The Chappelle Reaction

I'll go the Rufus route on answering the topics, but with Dave's help instead of Stone Cold.

Quote:
EJ Manuel would go top 16

I defended EJ so much pre-draft, I'm glad its Buffalo that took the chance on him.

Quote:
The Jets would draft Geno Smith....in the SECOND round

I said Geno was a 2nd rnd QB the whole time.

Quote:
Matt Barkley and Ryan Nassib would go in the 4th round

I would have thought it was a joke, but then I would Serious'd.

Quote:
Travis Frederick would be a 1st round pick

I still don't get it in the 1st rnd.

Quote:
Giovanni Bernard would be the 1st RB taken

I initially said Gio would be the #1 RB in this class, then I backed off, but whatever I still want to get credit.....damn it.

Quote:
Packers would draft Eddie Lacy AND Jonathan Franklin

I would say the Packers finally have a chance at having a RB worth a damn in years.

Quote:
Rams would draft Tavon Austin AND Stedman Bailey

That is just friking awesome that they are back together in the NFL.

Quote:
Star falls to 14 and is NOT the first DT taken

Quote:
Sharriff Floyd falls to 23

Knew he wasn't going top 5, but not Top 20 either??? No way.

Sig by the King BK

Fear the Spear - Winston Era has begun....
Quote:
"I wasn't going to lose to Miami, no matter what," Freeman said. "It means a lot to go out there and beat them. Every time I get a chance, I want to destroy them."
BallerT1215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 09:09 AM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Didn't think there would be a GM stupid enough to draft Manuel in round 1 never mind at #16. Congratulations Nix.
Old 04-30-2013, 09:16 AM    (permalink
Attyla the Hawk
Rookie

Attyla the Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Attyla the Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Attyla the Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Attyla the Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Attyla the Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Attyla the Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Attyla the Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Attyla the Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Attyla the Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Attyla the Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Attyla the Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

There is a reason Buffalo is the NFL version of Siberia ...
Attyla the Hawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 09:23 AM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Red = would not have believed.
Yellow = mixed feelings, not shocked but wouldn't have guessed it before the draft.
Green = something I would have believed
Old 04-30-2013, 01:25 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Attyla the Hawk View Post
There is a reason Buffalo is the NFL version of Siberia ...
It does get cold there.

I'm with Wicket in saying Chase Thomas not getting drafted is the biggest shocker of the draft to me.
Babylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 01:55 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't get why people are so surprised by the Frederick pick, during the seasons some scouts believe he was just as good as DeCastro and better overall prospect than Zietler last year
mightytitan9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 03:00 PM    (permalink
Thread Killer
Rookie

Thread Killer hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.Thread Killer hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:

I thought he'd go top 10. Even predicted that he'd be the first QB selected.
Thread Killer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 03:16 PM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mightytitan9 View Post
I don't get why people are so surprised by the Frederick pick, during the seasons some scouts believe he was just as good as DeCastro and better overall prospect than Zietler last year
It's more about the team that selected them. I don't understand how Travis Frederick at the end of the first is worse than taking Justin Pugh at 19 or Kyle Long at 20.

The board, and analysts, would have been rolling on the floor if good "ol Jerruh" would have taken Pugh or Long instead of trading down.

Draft doesn't shock me anymore though as an honest answer. The only borderline thing for me is you can NEVER tell how far a prospect will fall for character issues. Some it barely effects other times you end up undrafted. Interviews play a huge role in that I imagine.

Last edited by Trogdor : 04-30-2013 at 03:24 PM.
Trogdor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 03:37 PM    (permalink
Nastradamus
Veteran

Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yah, I liked Long and Pugh quite a bit. Pugh more so. HOwever, Frederick at 31 is definitely better value than those guys at 19 and 20. I don't think Frederick will be a C though. Its funny, if they had taken Barrett Jones there, who went in the 4th, they probably wouldn't have been criticized at all due to him being a bigger name. Frederick is the far superior prospect though.
Nastradamus is offline   Reply With Quote