Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2014 NFL Draft Forum

2014 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2014 NFL Draft

Old 04-28-2013, 09:29 PM    (permalink
DiG
Dirty Thirty
All-Pro

DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
I do think Jawan Jamison needs to get more love. He gon' be good, I'll tell you this now
Scotty are you happy or sad to see him drafted by shanny??
Old 04-28-2013, 09:31 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiG View Post
Scotty are you happy or sad to see him drafted by shanny??
both. so hard. Shanny can show the world how good he is but the redskins are poopy so it makes me die a little on the inside
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 09:34 PM    (permalink
DiG
Dirty Thirty
All-Pro

DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
both. so hard. Shanny can show the world how good he is but the redskins are poopy so it makes me die a little on the inside
Made me very happy when you talked about his pass blocking and receiving. Something Morris doesn't do.
Old 04-28-2013, 09:48 PM    (permalink
MasterShake
Rookie

MasterShake could make a wolverine purr.MasterShake could make a wolverine purr.MasterShake could make a wolverine purr.MasterShake could make a wolverine purr.MasterShake could make a wolverine purr.MasterShake could make a wolverine purr.

No talk on Marcus Cooper here? I've never heard of the guy, but he is a 49er now.

CB? Safety?
MasterShake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 05:06 PM    (permalink
bitonti
DraftBathroom.com
Veteran

bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
the last guy who didn't get invited to the combine is Safety Duron Harmon. I think he deserves a shout out. He's a great leader, one of the smartest DB's I've ever seen. Plays the ball well, nice hitter, decent tackler. I feel he could make a PS or team as a 4th or 5th safety. Nothing really stands out with him, but he never gets beat deep and is a solid guy overall.

nice work on the Duron Harmon call.

Why Me? The Bob Lamonta Story

bitonti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 07:40 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterShake View Post
No talk on Marcus Cooper here? I've never heard of the guy, but he is a 49er now.

CB? Safety?
I never thought he'd get picked up. He's a solid dime guy, could make the transition to safety if need be, he has the body and skillset. I was shocked he got picked up, honestly. Hard worker, nothing special

Quote:
Originally Posted by bitonti View Post
nice work on the Duron Harmon call.
And I undersold him. I'll admit, NEVER thought he'd go round 3. Figured 6 would be his highest. LOVE him though. Can't stress it enough. 3rd safety was my projection of him, but I could see him starting. Love me some Duron
Quote:
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
Old 04-29-2013, 07:43 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Duron has very good measurables so I did think it was a slight possibility he could get drafted. I never thought 3rd round though. I bet he ends up doing well.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 07:47 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
Duron has very good measurables so I did think it was a slight possibility he could get drafted. I never thought 3rd round though. I bet he ends up doing well.
I thought he'd get drafted too, obviously not that high though. I mean, he never made BIG plays and didn't have the wow factor but when you think about it...I can't really ever recalling Duron messing up. And as a deep safety, can you really ask for more?
Quote:
Old 04-29-2013, 07:48 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

These guys all need to thank Schiano. Such a great secondary coach.

Duron made more big plays in 2011 than 2012. They were probably asking him to do different things with Schiano coaching and then Smith. Like you said he never messes up though.

sig by BoneKrusher

Last edited by Giantsfan1080 : 04-29-2013 at 08:24 PM.
Giantsfan1080 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 07:55 PM    (permalink
cmarq83
Pro Bowler

cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I really like what I see from Duron, and I think he is a good complement to what we have in the Wilsons at SS. Obviously he is not as good as he looked in the Arkansas game which is all I've seen of him extensively, but he really accelerates fast from what it seems and closes on the ball quickly. We don't need our SS to be as much of a playmaker as we need them to be reliable players against the pass. McCourty and our linebackers are our playmakers on defense.

Next season when McCourty, Ryan, Harmon, Francis, and Beauharnais are all starting how can the Pats not finally be good on defense?

Last edited by cmarq83 : 04-29-2013 at 07:59 PM.
cmarq83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 07:59 PM    (permalink
ChiFan24
2011 SWDC Mock Draft Champ
Pro Bowler

ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Bears have your favorite prospect ever. That's cool.
Old 04-29-2013, 11:46 PM    (permalink
proshoota25
Pro Bowler

proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

gunna be a Patriots fan now? :)

Thanks to BoneKrusher for this amazing sig!

Go Gators/Pats/Celts/Red Sox!
proshoota25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 03:53 PM    (permalink
Monomach
All-Pro

Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiFan24 View Post
The Bears have your favorite prospect ever. That's cool.
It was a great value pick, but it kind of sucks that he's not really a MLB or SLB prospect. He's blocked by Lance Briggs.
Monomach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2014, 11:18 AM    (permalink
Attyla the Hawk
Rookie

Attyla the Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Attyla the Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Attyla the Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Attyla the Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Attyla the Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Attyla the Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Attyla the Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Attyla the Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Attyla the Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Attyla the Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Attyla the Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Great call on Harmon.

New year and haven't gotten a good Rutgers report from Scotty yet.

Seattle has been closely linked to Brandon Coleman. Not unlike last year, where the Bears' Emery attended early games -- John Schneider has done so this year -- and last. It seems he's been linked to Schneider since the beginning of 2011.

Seattle is a team notorious for ignoring statistical production. Just wondering what your take on Coleman's 2013 is. Did he appear to improve on tracking the ball in your eyes this year? Seems like he struggled with poorly thrown 50-50 balls where he had to compete with a corner and win. Also, wondering if the turnstiles at OC had any effect on him or others on the team.

Russell Wilson is admittedly a guy who throws 'a sexy deep ball'. His placement and accuracy beyond 12 yards is probably in the top 5 of the NFL. Do you see Coleman benefiting from a better thrower? Or do you think he simply didn't make good on good throws?

Thanks in advance. Looks like you nailed the 2013 Rutgers draft class.
Attyla the Hawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2014, 11:41 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

I appreciate it! I haven't been keeping as close an eye on Rutgers football this year, but I'll have something in the coming weeks. It's quite a down year for Rutgers prospects, too.

Coleman would make so much sense for the Seahawks and be terrifying, honestly. His potential is through the roof. I think his problems were mainly:

- Health
AND
- the **** show that was/is Rutgers offense/football.

Nova and Dodd were/are HORRENDOUS. Andrew Parsons was watching film on the ND interior DL and just tweeted at me about how horrendous some of the throws Dodd had to Coleman were. And sadly Dodd was better than Nova. The offense was a mess and teams knew it. All our QB's could do were launch bombs and hope Coleman could get them. Now, while 75% of those were out of bounds or overthrown by 20 yards, there were some Coleman could've hauled in, but didn't.

I think that is because of his issue of struggling tracking the ball and his injury. His knee injury worsened his separation ability, sadly, as well as his explosiveness. He wasn't getting as high on the point of attack as he had in previous years.

The ability to track the ball and haul it in is something he needs to improve on, but I think with the joke that was the Rutgers coaching staff, he never had the opportunity. I think NFL coaches can help him with that and turn him more into a Brandon Marshall than a Sidney Rice. He just has so much potential when healthy. His size and speed combo is unreal. He's also literally the exact opposite of a diva WR. He doesn't go out, ever. Rarely talks to the media. Loves to block, extremely quiet (which could be a negative, not much of a leader, but leads by example) and a super hard worker. Incredible person, too. High character and upside.
Quote:
Old 02-14-2014, 10:30 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

And that's why I think he's at worst a 2nd round pick, and probably lands into the late 1st when it's all said and done. Coleman is a monster and I pray the Giants draft him.
Old 02-14-2014, 03:52 PM    (permalink
Attyla the Hawk
Rookie

Attyla the Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Attyla the Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Attyla the Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Attyla the Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Attyla the Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Attyla the Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Attyla the Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Attyla the Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Attyla the Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Attyla the Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Attyla the Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd say a good portion of the local draftniks expect Seattle to not let him leave round 1. They aren't averse to taking guys a round or more above projection. I fully expect him to be the 32nd player off the board. He seems like a perfect fit here and there is a void for that kind of player here.

I was pretty vilified in stating that the Giants take a playmaker instead of an offensive lineman. I still believe they should get OL value later. But if conventional fan wisdom prevails -- it doesn't look like BBD's prayer will be answered.
Attyla the Hawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2014, 04:39 PM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Attyla the Hawk View Post
I was pretty vilified in stating that the Giants take a playmaker instead of an offensive lineman. I still believe they should get OL value later. But if conventional fan wisdom prevails -- it doesn't look like BBD's prayer will be answered.
I think that was more a case of the perception that you believed offensive playmakers were the Giants top need. A lot of Giants fans believe the offensive line needs to be the top priority. They certainly could use an offensive weapon or two.

I actually think the Giants will address their major oline issues in free agency, if that happens, they have quite a lot of draft options and your ideas certainly come into play.
Big_Pete is offline   Reply With Quote