Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2014 NFL Draft Forum

2014 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2014 NFL Draft

Old 04-30-2013, 06:18 PM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default James Wilder Jr., RB, Florida State

Jame Wilder Jr., RB Florida State
6'2 226 4.50
Coming off breakout season with first extended time as true sophomore - 635yds on 110 carries with 5.8 YPC, 11TD rushing. Also 19 catches for 136 yds and 2 TD's receiving

True Junior in 2014

Positives

- Strong, aggressive runner
- Excellent hands coming out of the backfield
- Always falls forward, uses his size to his advantage (no tip-toes aka Brandon Jacobs)
- Looks for contact first.
- Team player - split the load last year with Christian Thompson and then Devonta Freeman
- Has enough speed to take it to the house once he breaks tackles

Negatives
- Off the field issues - Nothing major but has been in Jail 2+ times since arriving at FSU.
- His running style becomes upright sometimes
- Splits carries with Devonta and possibly soph. Mario Pender so he might disappear in some games
- Doesn't really know that he doesn't have to look for contact every run, and that it is ok to preserve himself on some plays.

True Junior in 2014

Sig by the King BK

Fear the Spear - Winston Era has begun....
Quote:
"I wasn't going to lose to Miami, no matter what," Freeman said. "It means a lot to go out there and beat them. Every time I get a chance, I want to destroy them."

Last edited by BallerT1215 : 04-30-2013 at 06:29 PM.
BallerT1215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 06:28 PM    (permalink
thebow305
2009 NFL Mock Draft Champ
All-Pro

thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Probably a first rounder. Probably lacks the production and vision indicative of a first round RB, but definitely has all the physical tools.

I hate him. But I love him.

Dolphins Dream Offseason 2014: Re-Sign Paul Soliai and Brent Grimes. Sign Brandon Albert, Sam Shields & Rashad Jennings. The Draft: 1. Kelvin Benjamin 2. Xavier Su'a-Filo 3. Seantrel Henderson 4. Xavier Grimble 5. Dion Bailey 6. Jalen Saunders 7. Nevin Lawson
thebow305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 06:45 PM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Has 1st rnd talent - but needs to definitely keep producing like he was at the end of last season, and keep improving his running technique. He gets a little careless carrying the ball sometimes because he is trying to constantly ruin defenders out there.

Sig by the King BK

Quote:
"I wasn't going to lose to Miami, no matter what," Freeman said. "It means a lot to go out there and beat them. Every time I get a chance, I want to destroy them."
Old 04-30-2013, 06:47 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

nothing major just jail...twice :/
Old 04-30-2013, 06:55 PM    (permalink
BRAVEHEART
Pro Bowler

BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think he has the potential to become a really good special teamer.
Old 04-30-2013, 07:03 PM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
nothing major just jail...twice :/
Ok - my bad - typical college dumbness is what I meant. Arguing with police officer when his friend got arrested, and some other BS because he is young and not thinking straight. Nothing with drugs or anything like that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRAVEHEART View Post
Not sure I like your tone man.

Sig by the King BK

Quote:
Old 04-30-2013, 07:06 PM    (permalink
MassNole
Pro Bowler

MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He was violated on probation for blowing a point 01 on a breathalyzer. In most states it would be a nonissue.
MassNole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 07:07 PM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by MassNole View Post
He was violated on probation for blowing a point 01 on a breathalyzer. In Alabama or Georgia it would be a nonissue.
FIFY

10char

Sig by the King BK

Quote:
Old 04-30-2013, 07:07 PM    (permalink
MassNole
Pro Bowler

MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Why do USC fans here have such an inferiority complex towards FSU?
Old 04-30-2013, 07:08 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

6'2, you say?

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) View Post
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
TitanHope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 07:11 PM    (permalink
MassNole
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by BallerT1215 View Post
FIFY

10char
On top of that Florida DOC uses one if the worst breathalyzers available, many states have held they are inadmissible because they are so inaccurate. He came out with a new determination and focus so not a real bad thing.
Old 04-30-2013, 08:11 PM    (permalink
Punisher
Veteran

Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MassNole View Post
Why do USC fans here have such an inferiority complex towards FSU?
Yup, USC, one of the greatest college football schools with the tradition to boot have an inferiority complex to FSU...a school that had its first successful season in what, 10 years?

To answer you question, you are just referencing the point that Matthew Thomas prefers to play at USC than FSU. USC fans remind FSU fans because FSU fans believed that was a complete lie until it came out of the own kids mouth.

Back to Wilder: he should've been a linebacker.u
Punisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 08:28 PM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Punisher View Post
Yup, USC, one of the greatest college football schools with the tradition to boot have an inferiority complex to FSU...a school that had its first successful season in what, 10 years?
I know you two had an argument on another subject, but Don't let your attitude towards MassNole make you come off like you have you no knowledge of NCAAF/FSU Football.

Our dynasty that went 15 years made Pete Carroll's era look like childs play. I'll leave it at that.

NOW BACK TO THE THREAD: JAMES WILDER!

Should of been a LB?? The results say different.

Sig by the King BK

Quote:
Old 04-30-2013, 08:54 PM    (permalink
norcalgsr
Veteran

norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Looks a lot like Yeldon, except his feet aren't as quick.

James Starks 2.0.

Gimme Devonta Freeman.
norcalgsr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 09:42 PM    (permalink
Punisher
Veteran

Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I know you two had an argument on another subject, but Don't let your attitude towards MassNole make you come off like you have you no knowledge of NCAAF/FSU Football.

Our dynasty that went 15 years made Pete Carroll's era look like childs play. I'll leave it at that.

No knowledge of NCAAF would suggest saying Pete Carroll was the only glory of a USC Trojan program that has won 11 national football championships compared to FSU's 2. :p

Yes, I truly believe Wilder would be a greater LB to what he is at RB. I see a good prospect of him at RB, but nothing that screams 1st round RB in today's NFL.
Punisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 09:46 PM    (permalink
BRAVEHEART
Pro Bowler

BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

I'm still sticking with it. He'll continue to be a good college runningback, but I don't see his game translating to the NFL. I'm no scout, and feel free to quote me if I'm wrong. Just stating my opinion.

As for you Mass Nole, I have nothing against FSU or any college program (including UCLA and ND), just so you know.
Old 04-30-2013, 09:46 PM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Punisher View Post
No knowledge of NCAAF would suggest saying Pete Carroll was the only glory of a USC Trojan program that has won 11 national football championships compared to FSU's 2. :p

Yes, I truly believe Wilder would be a greater LB to what he is at RB. I see a good prospect of him at RB, but nothing that screams 1st round RB in today's NFL.
Bobby Bowden would destroy you.

He wouldn't remember your name...but he would dog you! : )

Sig by the King BK

Quote:
Old 05-01-2013, 12:27 PM    (permalink
wicket
All-Pro

wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Im with brave here, shouldve been a linebacker

Saints 2014 draft wish list:
- No pass rusher till the fourth round (or preferably at all)
- Corner or Wideout in the first
- No reaching
- No Kelvin Benjamin
wicket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 12:35 PM    (permalink
stlouisfan37
Veteran

stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I'm still sticking with it. He'll continue to be a good college runningback, but I don't see his game translating to the NFL. I'm no scout, and feel free to quote me if I'm wrong. Just stating my opinion.

As for you Mass Nole, I have nothing against FSU or any college program (including UCLA and ND), just so you know.
What? Everyone has a problem with a program, a hated rival, some team that just rubs you the wrong way, ugly uniforms that you hate watching on the tube...what's wrong with you? :-)
stlouisfan37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 12:40 PM    (permalink
Hurricanes25
All-Pro

Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

As long as it's not against the 'Canes, I love watching Wilder play. He's big, fast, powerful, and a handful to bring down. He'll be one of my favorite RB prospects when he comes out. I'll be concerned about the character concerns though.

Sig by BoneKrusher
Hurricanes25 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 01:33 PM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wilder was a monster linebacker in high school. I was so disappointed when he said he wanted to play running back.
P-L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 01:36 PM    (permalink
wicket
All-Pro

wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

when citing the ypc one should also keep in mind that is the worst ypc of the 3 backs that got significant carries for FSU

Saints 2014 draft wish list:
- No pass rusher till the fourth round (or preferably at all)
- Corner or Wideout in the first
- No reaching
- No Kelvin Benjamin
wicket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 02:07 PM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I love watching this guy play every time I watched FSU last year he was the player that really stood out to me. Kid is a horse.
Menardo75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 02:18 PM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by wicket View Post
when citing the ypc one should also keep in mind that is the worst ypc of the 3 backs that got significant carries for FSU
One must remember Chris Thompson almost housed it on every play last year so unfair comparison. We also brought in Wilder to do a lot of the dirty work in between the tackles.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Menardo75 View Post
I love watching this guy play every time I watched FSU last year he was the player that really stood out to me. Kid is a horse.
Yaaaay - you don't hate this FSU player .

Quote:
Originally Posted by P-L View Post
Wilder was a monster linebacker in high school. I was so disappointed when he said he wanted to play running back.
He was also a monster at RB in high school and put up some huge numbers. He wanted to be a RB, and we promised him that we would not move him to LB when he got here. It has worked out so far.

Sig by the King BK

Quote:

Last edited by BallerT1215 : 05-01-2013 at 02:20 PM.
Old 05-01-2013, 02:22 PM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Yaaaay - you don't hate this FSU player
Haha for the record Manuel is the only one I DIDN'T like ;)
Menardo75 is offline   Reply With Quote