Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Fantasy > NFL Forum Mock > Forum Mock Archive

Old 05-01-2013, 07:37 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
Cool. I knew SP wouldn't.
No need to take shots at SP. As a mod you should lead by example. I thought we were supposed to be keeping this fun.
Old 05-01-2013, 07:57 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Gonzo View Post
No need to take shots at SP. As a mod you should lead by example. I thought we were supposed to be keeping this fun.
Wanna complain about anything else? You and SP are the ones ruining the fun. You realize that, right?

I don't know what's so hard about playing along without complaining. Sorry, that the trades that were rejected in this mock were so unrealistic. If you want to help out to increase the fun, could you help post the moves for the teams whose GMs have disappeared?
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 08:06 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

"if you give people a reason to complain, don't then go and complain about those people complaining; do something about it." - SP

RIP themaninblack
SuperPacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 08:23 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperPacker View Post

"if you give people a reason to complain, don't then go and complain about those people complaining; do something about it." - SP
"There are some people who knock the pyramids because they don't have elevators."
Jim Ferree

"Say and do something positive that will help the situation; it doesn't take any brains to complain."
Robert A. Cook

"Realize that if you have time to whine and complain about something then you have the time to do something about it."
Anthony J. D'Angelo

"I think a compliment ought to always precede a complaint, where one is possible, because it softens resentment and insures for the complaint a courteous and gentle reception."
Mark Twain
Old 05-01-2013, 08:53 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
"There are some people who knock the pyramids because they don't have elevators."
Jim Ferree
You're the person that is in charge here. People suggest something and you ignore them and continue to do things your way, because if you don't you're relinquishing your control. It's so unbelievably obvious to see. You ain't handing out no elevators. You're like the anti-democracy.

Quote:
"Say and do something positive that will help the situation; it doesn't take any brains to complain."
Robert A. Cook
Suggesting better ways of doing something is positive. It's what people have been doing throughout, for example, when talking about the trades being rejected. I don't think it really takes much brains to just ignore people and continue doing things how you want, just because its what you want.

Quote:
"Realize that if you have time to whine and complain about something then you have the time to do something about it."
Anthony J. D'Angelo
We don't have the capability of doing anything about it because the thought of anyone other than you having any sort of control freaks you out. It's like the thing when you threatened to ban Matt in the last forum mock because he didn't accept your trade. You clearly didn't like that he had the power to say yes or no to you, so you go all power trip on his ass and use the "i can ban you" card.

RIP themaninblack
Old 05-01-2013, 09:03 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

To be fair SP we all knew what we were getting into when we joined a forum mock run by D. I for one am glad nobody was banned. We all knew it was going to be his way or the highway and he would make his power known. Not to take any credit away from the guy. He worked hard. I thank him and appreciate that.
Old 05-01-2013, 09:08 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Gonzo View Post
To be fair SP we all knew what we were getting into when we joined a forum mock run by D. I for one am glad nobody was banned. We all knew it was going to be his way or the highway and he would make his power known. Not to take any credit away from the guy. He worked hard. I thank him and appreciate that.
Well yeah, that is true lol.

And seconded.

RIP themaninblack
Old 05-01-2013, 09:26 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
You're the person that is in charge here. People suggest something and you ignore them and continue to do things your way, because if you don't you're relinquishing your control. It's so unbelievably obvious to see. You ain't handing out no elevators. You're like the anti-democracy.

Suggesting better ways of doing something is positive. It's what people have been doing throughout, for example, when talking about the trades being rejected. I don't think it really takes much brains to just ignore people and continue doing things how you want, just because its what you want.

We don't have the capability of doing anything about it because the thought of anyone other than you having any sort of control freaks you out. It's like the thing when you threatened to ban Matt in the last forum mock because he didn't accept your trade. You clearly didn't like that he had the power to say yes or no to you, so you go all power trip on his ass and use the "i can ban you" card.
What is this? I don't even...

I gladly accepted help running this mock where ever anyone could lend a hand. In fact I had to seek it out.

Suggestions were made to keep the speed of the draft going fast, so we texted each other like mad men. People suggested slowing it down since folks were getting mad that they were getting skipped, so we did slow it down. Suggestions were made on who to give those teams who's clock ran out, and we went that route w/out giving them punishing picks (like I have seen in the past). We didn't go Barney Rubble until the late rounds where value became murky. But in the early rounds, we made sure nobody's draft was fouled up because of a bad suggested pick or a missed pick. Guys suggested no more draft & trades like Robcards was trying to do, so we stopped that. ALL KINDS of suggestions were made on how to handle the cap and we got through that without much pain. I thought FA was fun, despite your complaints about how long it was. I tried to make it unique playing the role of Super Agent and picking the team that gave my player the best opportunity. I tried to organize the threads right, put up a calendar of events and FAQ, made custom graphics, highlighted Round 1 of the draft with Show commentary. Tried to find judges and make it easy for them to grade and well, that turned into my fault again. All I wanted folks to do was have fun. The real life draft was nearing and the guys who were planning to run the mock couldn't so I tried to help out. Apparently that backfired into "I'm a nazi power tripping mod". Funny how that works. I guess if you don't accept all trades, then everything is for naught and you're a my way or the highway kinda guy.

Anyways, if we still can find a way to compile all the moves for teams who haven't done it yet, we will continue to grade the teams. For the divisions who are already done, I have informed the judges to take a look at their assigned divisions. It was hard to find judges. Only BBD and njx accepted to help. So I will join in. I'm looking for one more judge.
Old 05-01-2013, 09:37 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Well yeah, that is true lol.

And seconded.
Well you may not appreciate my style but thank you for acknowledging the effort. :)
Old 05-01-2013, 10:27 PM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
would anyone be interested in a 2014 mock with real rosters? most likely everyone would have to take multiple teams to fill it out
I'd do it...

Welcome to the Silver & Mack
"Just Win Baby"
- Al Davis
@SirStackAlot707

RaiderNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 01:58 AM    (permalink
Brothgar
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

There we go all the additions are in the grades thread. So get grading NAO! :D

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
oh please. as if canadians even know what beer is.
Brothgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 07:38 AM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm looking forward to reading the evaluations and doing the 2014 first round.

2 C 5:6-8 Jakob Murphy aka themaninblack
CJSchneider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 12:02 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Amazing work Broth. Thanks for stepping up. I am not sure if they people who did not submit the write up of what they did were PMd but either way sucks that they did not do it so I appreciate you taking the time to do so. I know I said I would do it but I got in late and was unsure about whether or not it would have been good enough to keep this moving.
Old 05-02-2013, 06:01 PM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Comparing this draft and the real life one, like a lot of the values I got. Frederick in the 3rd but going in the 1st in real life is probably the best value I got. Also got Kelce in the 4th when he went in the 3rd is also another I like.

"Just Win Baby"
- Al Davis
@SirStackAlot707

Old 05-02-2013, 06:42 PM    (permalink
Brothgar
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaiderNation View Post
Comparing this draft and the real life one, like a lot of the values I got. Frederick in the 3rd but going in the 1st in real life is probably the best value I got. Also got Kelce in the 4th when he went in the 3rd is also another I like.
I had a couple like that as well Oday Aboushi in round 7 vs round 5 is likely the best but I also got Darrius Slay a full round after my real life counterparts got him in the 2nd. I think only Ty Powell and the Kicker went at or behind where I got them.

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Quote:
Old 05-02-2013, 09:34 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Is that kinda what you guys were hoping of for Grades?

I was planning to do AFC/NFC West.

BBD was gonna do AFC/NFC North.

njx was gonna do AFC/NFC South

...and I haven't gotten a response from guys to do AFC/NFC East.
Old 05-02-2013, 09:35 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like the format for grades

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 09:41 PM    (permalink
Brothgar
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

If needed I can do AFC/NFC East. I know I'm a participant but I don't control a AFC/NFC East team and don't really care enough to force a lower grade to somehow get my team into the playoffs.

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Quote:
Old 05-02-2013, 09:47 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brothgar View Post
If needed I can do AFC/NFC East. I know I'm a participant but I don't control a AFC/NFC East team and don't really care enough to force a lower grade to somehow get my team into the playoffs.
Let me wait to hear back from a few guys. If they don't, then thanks. I'll take you up on that!
Old 05-03-2013, 12:38 AM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

I agree with everything you said on my grade D-Unit, looking back I wish I would have picked up a CB somewhere in the draft. I was under the assumption Jenkins and Porter were got be the starters after we signed them but I guess McKenzie thinks otherwise.

"Just Win Baby"
- Al Davis
@SirStackAlot707

Old 05-03-2013, 04:29 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Thanks RN. I just was half way through the NFC West when my comp froze and had to reboot. Gah. Might take me a while to build up the energy to redo that.
Old 05-03-2013, 04:51 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

:'( 1010101011

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 04:56 PM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Guys, I thought it was very important to point out but I just realized in the first 2013 forum mock we did, I got Dion Jordan and Tavon Austin with my first two picks. Two top 8 picks. :D
Old 05-03-2013, 06:00 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TACKLE View Post
Guys, I thought it was very important to point out but I just realized in the first 2013 forum mock we did, I got Dion Jordan and Tavon Austin with my first two picks. Two top 8 picks. :D
I'm happy for ya Tacks, and I'ma let you finish, but in the forum mock two months later, I took Sheldon Richardson, Eric Reid, and Tank Carradine with my first three picks, and Richardson came after I traded down so the Saints could move up for Damontre Moore (sorry CJ!).

That's the 13th pick at 15, 18th pick at 41, 40th pick at 72, and a 2014 2nd RDer from the trade.

I, however, did not just realize this, and have been waiting a week to brag.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) View Post
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
TitanHope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 06:03 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

Ezekiel Ansah at #52.

Gavin Escobar in the 5th round is the one i'm most proud of.

RIP themaninblack

Last edited by SuperPacker : 05-03-2013 at 06:06 PM.