Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Old 05-01-2013, 06:58 PM    (permalink
Jas
Veteran

Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY+Giants=NYG View Post
What's Spencer do in a 34 that made him an asset? What will be his potential strength as a 43 DE? I don't really watch him so don't know what makes him good.
Spencer is a player I think most fans have mixed feelings on based on his draft status and production. He is good against the run, but his effectiveness as a pass rusher runs hot and cold. Why that is, I dont know. He's kind of an enigma, he gets hot in streaks and then disappears. He is a solid and at times very good player but he still needs to show more consistency.
Jas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 09:31 AM    (permalink
Macarthur
Pro Bowler

Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jas View Post
Spencer is a player I think most fans have mixed feelings on based on his draft status and production. He is good against the run, but his effectiveness as a pass rusher runs hot and cold. Why that is, I dont know. He's kind of an enigma, he gets hot in streaks and then disappears. He is a solid and at times very good player but he still needs to show more consistency.
Good assessment.

-Douglas MacArthur
Macarthur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 10:14 AM    (permalink
Jas
Veteran

Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macarthur View Post
Good assessment.
Thank you.
Jas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 09:07 AM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

For those who were wondering about how Dallas could afford to sign rookies and potentially a premiere free agent (Clabo/Winston/etc) a nice breakdown:

Quote:
A simple way to roughly calculate the offseason cap space that is being eaten up by your rookie pool is the following formula:

Year One Rookie Pool – (405,000 x number of draft picks)

For the Cowboys, because of the rule of 51 and the way the rookie contracts are structured, this year's rookies will only count roughly $1.7 million against the offseason salary cap. And as KD points out, that's cap space that was cleared with the release of Marcus Spears earlier this offseason.
For the full-breakdown from another post:

For the full breakdown

Dallas views Doug Free at a pay cut as the #1 option for competition with Parnell as it would not muddy the cap and affect negotiations with Sean Lee, Dez, Murray, and other incoming FAs. If he refuses look for Dallas to dump him either Post-June 1st or with the Post-June 1st designation and sign a RT. Clabo is reportedly the apple of our eye if we are forced to move away from Free.
Trogdor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 05:44 AM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Price is far and away the most interesting story of the entire DL group. Returning from a pelvic injury that makes me cringe just thinking about it, he is a former member of the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, who drafted him in the second round in 2010. Although he is a bit short at 6-1, that has never been much of a factor. However, one problem he does seem to have is his temper. I have seen him compared to Ndamukong Suh in that respect, and I have been told the team is taking some steps in the offseason to help him get that under control. They are very interested in him and I was informed that Kiffin thinks Price is a better player than a certain Sharrif Floyd will be.
Oh Monte you are bold. Very, very, bold. Pre-injury Brian Price I agree when talking about a 3-tech but holy hell does that injury scare me. If Dallas gets him back to where he was pre-surgery we'll have a gamer in the middle.
Trogdor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 01:40 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trogdor View Post
For those who were wondering about how Dallas could afford to sign rookies and potentially a premiere free agent (Clabo/Winston/etc) a nice breakdown:

For the full-breakdown from another post:

For the full breakdown

Dallas views Doug Free at a pay cut as the #1 option for competition with Parnell as it would not muddy the cap and affect negotiations with Sean Lee, Dez, Murray, and other incoming FAs. If he refuses look for Dallas to dump him either Post-June 1st or with the Post-June 1st designation and sign a RT. Clabo is reportedly the apple of our eye if we are forced to move away from Free.
See I think the team is being cautious of not getting in future trouble of not being able to sign these guys down the line because Free's dead money compounds the already problematic situation caused by all the cuts and restructures that we have already done.

The situation sucks, but if you keep pushing back and pushing back money from restructuring and cutting guys who earn guaranteed money... then eventually it catches up to you.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 10:45 PM    (permalink
HEISMANHERSCHEL
Veteran

HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I have to say when Eddie Lacy was sitting pretty in the second, I would have taken him. I don't like it, but the fact is Murray is injury prone. I think Lacy would have been nice to have when that happens. And yes, I mean when. Not if.

Give me Lacy in the second instead of a tight end, and a guard in the third to go with Williams and I would have loved this draft.

BTW, taking a center from Wisconsin in the first was exactly what the doctor ordered. I don't like the trade value, as no one does. But I like the players they got. I never did see what everyone else did in Floyd.

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/afte...man/1114044540
HEISMANHERSCHEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2013, 01:52 PM    (permalink
E-Man
Pro Bowler

E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Another year and another ****** way to end the season, but on the bright side this year's draft class was pretty good. All of them seem to get meaningful snaps. Frederick looks like a great pick, and Williams has a bright future. Wilcox showed some potential, but needs more work. Holloman is a diamond in the rough, and I think he'll be the reason why they won't go with a LB in next year's class. He grew tremendously considering how he had to play a whole new position, ande by the Philly game's end he looked like a real player. Where he fits in the future will remain to be seen, but if everyone is writing Carter off I could see Holloman picking up that slack while Wilber stays strong at the other side. I still believe in Carter though, but that's another post for another thread.

Here's a good article about it from BTB.

http://www.bloggingtheboys.com/2013/...last-six-years

Quote:
The Cowboys' decision to move down in the draft pays dividends in that they got 16 starts from Travis Frederick, and an extra eight from Terrance Williams. These two rookies lead a rookie class that played almost twice as many snaps as the next best class of the last six years. Now if only they could get Gavin Escobar more involved in the offense next year ...

From the data accumulated in this little exercise, it looks like adding the equivalent of two starters (which translates to about 9% of all snaps) to the roster is a good target for the first year of a rookie class. The 2010 and 2011 classes came close to that mark without reaching it. The 2013 rookie class beats the previous five classes by a significant margin, adding the equivalent of 3.4 starters to the team based on its cumulative snap count.

For many other franchises, the 2013 Cowboys rookie class would have been a luxury. But for the Cowboys, it is a necessity: The roster holes left by the '08 and '09 classes as well as the shaky status of the 2012 class means the Cowboys need strong rookie classes just to replenish their talent level, never mind improving it.

Da riddum is too much for you.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nKx27QrgO0
E-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2013, 02:01 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HEISMANHERSCHEL View Post
I have to say when Eddie Lacy was sitting pretty in the second, I would have taken him. I don't like it, but the fact is Murray is injury prone. I think Lacy would have been nice to have when that happens. And yes, I mean when. Not if.

Give me Lacy in the second instead of a tight end, and a guard in the third to go with Williams and I would have loved this draft.

BTW, taking a center from Wisconsin in the first was exactly what the doctor ordered. I don't like the trade value, as no one does. But I like the players they got. I never did see what everyone else did in Floyd.
I share the opinion that we can't rely on a 16 game healthy season from Murray. I thought Randle was a good pick for exactly this reason last year. But yes, if we had taken Lacy that would've been a better move for us. That's the breaks. We don't get to draft so we have to roll with it. I would've taken Keenan Allen in Round 2 and when he was there for us in Round 3 and we took Williams I was disappointed. Luckily Williams has been a nice producer for us (even if he doesn't have the upside of Allen, I'm fine settling with him).
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014, 10:55 AM    (permalink
SugarSean
Rookie

SugarSean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SugarSean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SugarSean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SugarSean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SugarSean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SugarSean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SugarSean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SugarSean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SugarSean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SugarSean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SugarSean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

wrong thread

Last edited by SugarSean : 03-20-2014 at 11:03 AM.
SugarSean is offline   Reply With Quote