Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 04-13-2013, 02:16 PM    (permalink
nepg
All-NFLDC

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
No, that is called (for now) Titan. That is something completely different.
Yeah, they've been really quiet about that one. To the point that I really haven't cared about it for the last 4 years.
Old 04-14-2013, 03:09 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

First The Elder Scrolls Online beta video leaked today. Hilarious how people are already claiming it'll be a huge flop. It's early early beta and I'm sure they're working on the animations/spell animations right now. People like to freak out over nothing.

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xz0...1#.UWsHTMpN9f1

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 11:14 AM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Haha, damn I didn't get a chance to see it before they took it down pretty much everywhere. I guess I'm fairly negative when it comes to most MMO's but I hope they do a good job and can unseat WoW, even if it's just a little bit.

Still, judging it off early early beta is silly.
Old 04-25-2013, 10:03 AM    (permalink
nepg
All-NFLDC

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Capcom is doing everything in-house from now on. That's good for their games, good for consoles, and probably bad for (HT)PC gamers since Capcom Japan (and Japan in general) is terrible about porting to PC (or porting from PC to consoles).

I was looking forward to Dragon's Dogma getting done for PC. Looks like that will not happen now.
Old 05-02-2013, 07:29 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm addicted to this game Kerbal Space Program. If you have any interest in the space shuttle/space it's pretty amazing. It's so addicting. It's in the early stages now and is still being developed but it's already awesome.
Old 05-02-2013, 10:16 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Hah! Sweet! My god I'm terrible at it still. I've progressed a bit in that I'm able to build a successful rocket and orbit. I also launched a satellite into orbit. Do they have any actual value right now?

I've been setting goals: first, get into a suborbit and land successfully. Get into orbit. Get into orbit and land. Right now I'm trying to work toward making it into orbit around the moon.

This game is so addicting. When they add a career mode I'm going to not be able to stop playing.
Old 05-03-2013, 08:53 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah that game sounds SUPER COOL guys..

Old 05-03-2013, 09:07 AM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Did you guys buy the game or just playing the demo version they have on the site?
Old 05-03-2013, 09:23 AM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Unfortunately even $23 is too much for me to spend right now so I will have to hold off on the demo so I don't torture myself.

I guess this is what happens when you are buying a house :-/. Bye bye game time... hello big boy life.

Last edited by ImBrotherCain : 05-03-2013 at 09:47 AM.
ImBrotherCain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 10:24 AM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
if you download the ISA MapSat mod, throwing some probes around planets/moons becomes super useful. i've got the terrain map for most of the solar system now, which is nice for landings, and for finding the anomalies.

the only tips i'd give from when i was in the same position:

- use the maneuver nodes for everything. i have no idea why i never did, but they make everything so much easier.
- asparagus staging, and route your fuel lines properly, so that you can dump weight earlier. engines are heavy and the fewer you need to cart around, the better.
- don't forget to extend solar panels as soon as you leave the atmosphere on probes. there's nothing more frustrating than getting to orbit and having a dead spaceship.
- when you eventually get ready to land on the mun, quicksave constantly. i ****** up so many landings in really minor ways, then had to re-fly the entire mission because i didn't know i could save.

but yeah, there are very few days that i don't build a new rocket or tweak an existing design. next up is a space station, so i can properly refuel in orbit.
Haha yeah, I'm still starting to get a hang of a lot of this stuff. I'm still at the basic stages, so I have yet to really find out some of the more complex things you can do building space ships and such. My goal for today is to launch into orbit to test how much fuel I will need to make it to the Mun. Then orbit the Mun, then attempt to land on that sucker.

Quote:
Yeah that game sounds SUPER COOL guys..
..says the guy who plays Guild Wars 2. KSP IS AWESOME, JERK!

Quote:
demo for a bit, then bought within a week. i wanted to make sure it was as fun as it sounded. it totally was.

but then, i love all things space program related.
Haha, yeah I love all things space related so this is amazing for me.

OH, and also, what are some good mods you use? I know you mentioned one, I'm curious if there are others.
Old 05-03-2013, 10:38 AM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forenci View Post
..says the guy who plays Guild Wars 2. KSP IS AWESOME, JERK!
Guild Wars 2 is actually pretty good.
Old 05-03-2013, 11:30 AM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImBrotherCain View Post
Guild Wars 2 is actually pretty good.
Haha, it may be, but Vidae was being mean. I tried GW2 during a free weekend and didn't particularly enjoy it though.

Quote:
mechjeb is good, but i'm glad i waited until i could do everything by hand before using it. it's sort of an autopilot, which is great for repeatable, obnoxious tasks (auto-warp is terrific, for instance), but can really suck some of the actual playing out if you use it too early.

i've downloaded a couple of the rocket mods, nova punch sounds right, but i can't really look right now. i generally just use stock parts for almost everything.

fwiw, you don't have to launch to calculate delta-v numbers.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Delta-v

it becomes an easy way to know if something will work or fall short, though clearly with human error involved, even if it should work on paper, it won't always necessarily work in real life. it was also really useful to read up on hohmann transfers (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hohmann_transfer_orbit). it seems really basic, but it's useful to understand what you're actually trying to do when transferring to different planets/moons.
Ah yeah. I feel like the physics based astronomy class I took as an undergrad has actually been quite helpful to figuring out a few things. I don't plan to jump into any mods too soon. Still figuring out everything. I'm just excited for the career mode. Having to save up for upgrades, save money and not waste parts recklessly, and keep your astronauts alive, etc.

I just like to keep it somewhat realistic in the sense I attach parachutes to be SRB's and engines/fuel tanks that separate. It's fun, haha.
Old 05-03-2013, 11:40 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Marvel Heroes is having an open beta weekend from 9pm CST to Monday at noon CST. It's like Diablo, but with Marvel characters. Should be pretty neat. It looks fun, so throwin that out there.

Old 05-03-2013, 11:41 AM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forenci View Post
Haha, it may be, but Vidae was being mean. I tried GW2 during a free weekend and didn't particularly enjoy it though.
Honestly I think it could be class based I started as Guardian which I kinda hated but I am loving Engineer so far.
Old 05-03-2013, 11:53 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

I played an Elementalist to 80 and I really didn't like the game so I quit for a while, but when I got so bored I wanted to claw my own eyes out I decided to give it a try again and I'm loving Thief. I think it is heavily class dependent.

The bigger issue, for me, was that this was the first game I've ever looked at where one class didn't immediately jump out at me. Most of the time I'll look at class/race combos and I'll see one that I REALLY want to try.. GW2 wasn't like that. The closest I got to that was Guardian, and overall I thought it was very meh.

Old 05-03-2013, 10:04 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Decided to randomly create that monstrosity. It's pretty fun because of all the stages. It's not at all practical but it surprisingly flies decent and gets into orbit.

Maybe you can help on this front, Njx, but I can't seem to find something that gets into orbit and has enough fuel to potentially go to the Mun orbit and come back. It's clearly a design flaw because if you add more engines/fuel tanks it just adds more weight and ends up being redundant. Not really sure how to approach this.
Old 05-04-2013, 01:14 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

So Marvel Heroes is a pretty fun game.

Old 05-04-2013, 03:51 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Quote:
So Marvel Heroes is a pretty fun game.
I am going to give it a try.
Old 05-04-2013, 03:54 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Haha, I'm actually working on a new prototype. That one was more just for fun. Let me see if I can get a screenshot of it. It still has a ways to go but I like the foundation it gives me.
Old 05-04-2013, 04:08 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

This is my current rig up. My main issue right now with it is just velocity. Getting it off the ground It has some minor stability issues but that's just because I've been lazy and have not added a few struts.

I've worked the fuel line situation out and so I can peel off those extra liquid engines but then I lost a ton of thrust as I switch to just one. I think what I'll need to do is add another stage that sheds most of the weight.

That and I clearly need to strap on some more SRB's it seems. I just get off the ground way too slow. If I can break atmosphere without using up a ton of fuel I'll be in good shape I think. My lander there is very stable. Still have added a few things. Right now I'm just trying to get it into orbit w/ plenty of fuel to spare.

Last edited by Forenci : 05-04-2013 at 04:14 PM.
Forenci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 09:43 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Quote:
http://www.filedropper.com/testmunorbit

stick this in your ships\VAB folder, then load it in the vehicle assembly building. you'll see what i mean about asparagus staging. realistically, the upper stage is redundant, and i don't need that whole mess of fuel in the true second stage, but i just wanted to make sure it would do what you wanted, rather than be economical.

if you fly it, you'll see how the staging falls apart, so that you're not carrying up a ton of useless weight. additionally, you should start your gravity turn at about 10k, and just nudge it slowly to an apoapsis of about 100k, then circularize once you're there. going straight up to 100k is just wasting delta-v.

realistically, you could just stick some landing gear on this one and fly it to the mun and back. it should have plenty of oomph for a landing.
Ah. Sweet. Much appreciated sir. I think this should help me.

I've built a much smaller series of successful rockets (my Beta rocket series).

That one's been good to me. I've managed to get that into orbit easily, have a fair bit of fuel to spare, and get back and safely land. My only issue is expanding it. It'll likely be an orbital rocket I use to hoist up satellites and such.

Still working on the Mun, hopefully using that rocket you put there it should be a good basis for a future rocket I build.

Hmm..apparently I couldn't load that rocket because some parts weren't in the game?

Edit: Also, BOOYAH! At long last! ORBIT AROUND THE MOON! (or Mun)

Last edited by Forenci : 05-04-2013 at 11:03 PM.
Forenci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 03:28 AM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Anyone have experience running raid on your builds? Have a few questions, I have a 1tb hdd, 2x160gig ssd and a 160gig hdd and was wondering when running raid10 will it matter if the 2 mirror hd's is different sizes? If it does matter it wouldn't be a big deal I'll just turn my extra 160gig hdd into an external hd and pick up another 1tb hd to run the raid10.

bantx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 03:55 AM    (permalink
JeffSamardzijaIRISH
Pro Bowler

JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm trying to get a dual monitor setup with my laptop. Anyone have a review of monitors / know where to get them for a decent price?
Old 05-10-2013, 09:34 AM    (permalink
HawkeyeFan
Rookie

HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Anyone having issues signing up for the Star Wars: One Republic FREE?

The Chief.
Eric Church - Smoke A Little Smoke
http://youtu.be/XxWjtWONuGc
HawkeyeFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 01:33 PM    (permalink
nepg
All-NFLDC

Toms benchmarked Core 2's against current gen budget CPUs. Really eye opening to see the gain I'll get going from e8400 to a 4770k in the coming months. I also compared the gtx 770 (what will be in my new rig) against my 260... Lol. Can't wait.