Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2014 NFL Draft Forum

2014 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2014 NFL Draft

Old 05-03-2013, 09:40 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
See, the thing I don't get is the interpretation of his actions.

Like if Brady or Peyton goes off on the sidelines when they're getting their butt whipped, that's being a competitor and leader.

When Geno does it he's a mental midget.

When Brady was upset for being passed over, or when Rodgers was upset it's bc they were competitors. With Geno he's a mental midget.

I'm not saying that those assertions are necessarily wrong, bc I haven't scouted Geno enough to say one way or another, but I do find it a bit hypocritical.

Geno Smith has been overanalyzed to death. I hope he does well, bc I feel like he's been unfairly criticized.

At some point it became the cool thing to do. I knew where this was headed when they were trying to analyze what him looking through his phone in the green room meant. Then people act like that getting passed up for an entire round is a fun experience, or that you are not allowed to be a human being for a second and be upset. Heaven forbid that happens. I'm sure Nassib was doing cart wheels when Buffalo passed him and he lasted until the 4th round, sure he was as pleased as he could be.

But the point about Barkley's comments about Kiffin I think are spot on. Geno says that and he's got hell to pay in the media, Barkley said it and it was brushed off immediately. Geno would have not been given that same benefit of the doubt what so ever, but it is what it is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 09:52 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
At some point it became the cool thing to do. I knew where this was headed when they were trying to analyze what him looking through his phone in the green room meant. Then people act like that getting passed up for an entire round is a fun experience, or that you are not allowed to be a human being for a second and be upset. Heaven forbid that happens. I'm sure Nassib was doing cart wheels when Buffalo passed him and he lasted until the 4th round, sure he was as pleased as he could be.

But the point about Barkley's comments about Kiffin I think are spot on. Geno says that and he's got hell to pay in the media, Barkley said it and it was brushed off immediately. Geno would have not been given that same benefit of the doubt what so ever, but it is what it is.
What did Barkley say about Kiffin? I'm not aware.
Old 05-03-2013, 10:06 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Barkley said in an interview with Michael Silver of Yahoo! Sports that he wished he would have been a better leader last year. Which raises the question of whether there was a leadership void at the top of the USC program.

“I learned how to handle adversity last season, and maybe I could have done a few things differently. I could’ve had a bigger voice, given more input and taken it to the next level — pretty much as the owner of the company might . . . not just letting things happen. You put faith in your coaches, but when you see trends, things not happening the right way, and when the team rests on your shoulders, it’s almost like you have to step up. You can’t just let these things go by and watch them disintegrate in front of you. You’ve got to put the glue in somewhere. Looking back, I wish I’d been more forceful.”

Barkley was knocked by some observers for forcing too many throws last year, but he suggested that it was Kiffin’s play calling that was forcing his hand: Barkley says Kiffin was so enamored with wide receiver Marqise Lee that Barkley wasn’t able to get the ball into the hands of the Trojans’ other starting receiver, Robert Woods.

“Kiff kind of suited the play-calling toward Marqise,” Barkley said. “It was rough at times, because defenses kinda knew what was coming. It was sort of predictive. Robert Woods is a great player. . . . You want to be respectful of your coaches, because they are your elders, but when it falls on your shoulders, you probably should get involved.”
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...ll-for-kiffin/

These comments didn't even really bother me coming from him, but it was reported then turned into a non story pretty quickly. Can you imagine if Geno had said that the Head Coach wasn't picking up on trends as quickly as he should have, or that he was being too predictive, or that he wasn't being as good of a leader that he should have been.

He would have never heard the end of it, but Barkley is given a benefit of the doubt that Geno isn't for whatever reason.

Quote:
Old 05-03-2013, 10:19 AM    (permalink
Black Bolt
Pro Bowler

Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

I raised the point, thanks for acknowledging it. I want someone to try and make a counter argument to this. It's so much easier to say "where there is smoke, there is fire." Since we are talking cliches here, how about "don't believe everything you hear?"
Kaepernick is this years pat white. Thin, gimmick offense and doesn't possess an nfl arm. The ncaa constantly regurgitates clones of past players and amazingly enough, tricks some people into thinking they're better than their cloned half. Kaepernick was a complete waste of a senior bowl qb spot. A better qb will come from the east/west shrine or whatever they're calling it now...count on it

- Genius
Black Bolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 10:21 AM    (permalink
Black Bolt
Pro Bowler

Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
What did Barkley say about Kiffin? I'm not aware.
You are not aware because he sports media spent about three seconds on it and they were done. After the statement, he was granted a softball interview to clear up his statement while flashing that USC QB golden by smile. See the difference?
Kaepernick is this years pat white. Thin, gimmick offense and doesn't possess an nfl arm. The ncaa constantly regurgitates clones of past players and amazingly enough, tricks some people into thinking they're better than their cloned half. Kaepernick was a complete waste of a senior bowl qb spot. A better qb will come from the east/west shrine or whatever they're calling it now...count on it

- Genius
Old 05-03-2013, 10:27 AM    (permalink
Black Bolt
Pro Bowler

Quote:
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...ll-for-kiffin/

These comments didn't even really bother me coming from him, but it was reported then turned into a non story pretty quickly. Can you imagine if Geno had said that the Head Coach wasn't picking up on trends as quickly as he should have, or that he was being too predictive, or that he wasn't being as good of a leader that he should have been.

He would have never heard the end of it, but Barkley is given a benefit of the doubt that Geno isn't for whatever reason.
If Geno said it would have been reported as arrogant, defiant, immature, selfish and a confirmation of what we already know (which is nothing) about this **** stain. Oh, and it would have been shown about a hundred times lead up to draft day.

- Genius
Old 05-03-2013, 11:08 AM    (permalink
The Great Jonathan Vilma
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I have to agree that the Geno hate is over the top. I'm done with it until I see what happens on the field. People who don't know the whole stories are taking what they want and pushing their agenda. Making comments like 'mental midget' is over the top and has no strength behind it...but push your agenda a little harder.

I will be rooting hard for Geno. Not only because i'm a Jets fan, but because people are treating the guy unfairly and he is in a tough situation. Hopefully he can endure and have a successful career.

Courtesy of Fenikz - Much Appreciated

Quote:
Originally Posted by dRaFtDoRk View Post
You can't be a good corner if no one throws your way. Thats my way of seeing it.
The Great Jonathan Vilma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 01:22 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Great Jonathan Vilma View Post
I have to agree that the Geno hate is over the top. I'm done with it until I see what happens on the field. People who don't know the whole stories are taking what they want and pushing their agenda. Making comments like 'mental midget' is over the top and has no strength behind it...but push your agenda a little harder.

I will be rooting hard for Geno. Not only because i'm a Jets fan, but because people are treating the guy unfairly and he is in a tough situation. Hopefully he can endure and have a successful career.
Excellant point. Hopefully at some point people can move on, especially in this thread. Not sure i've ever seen more pre and post draft reaction to a second round pick.
Babylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 01:53 PM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Great Jonathan Vilma View Post
Hopefully he can endure and have a successful career.
As long as EJ's is better. : )

Sig by the King BK

Fear the Spear - Winston Era has begun....
Quote:
"I wasn't going to lose to Miami, no matter what," Freeman said. "It means a lot to go out there and beat them. Every time I get a chance, I want to destroy them."
BallerT1215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 02:11 PM    (permalink
SunTzu_22
Veteran

SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BallerT1215 View Post
As long as EJ's is better. : )
Should be fun to watch those two go head to head. I might actually have to watch Jets vs Bills in week 11, if Geno wins the starting job before then. Who would´ve thought.. ;-)
Old 05-03-2013, 02:17 PM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunTzu_22 View Post
Should be fun to watch those two go head to head. I might actually have to watch Jets vs Bills in week 11, if Geno wins the starting job before then. Who would´ve thought.. ;-)
lol It will be interesting to see how serious Buffalo is about giving EJ a chance to start over Kolb as well.

Sig by the King BK

Fear the Spear - Winston Era has begun....
Quote:
"I wasn't going to lose to Miami, no matter what," Freeman said. "It means a lot to go out there and beat them. Every time I get a chance, I want to destroy them."
BallerT1215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 03:33 PM    (permalink
Roddoliver
Rookie

Roddoliver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Roddoliver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Roddoliver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Roddoliver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Roddoliver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Roddoliver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Roddoliver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Roddoliver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Roddoliver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Roddoliver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Roddoliver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

'ESPN New York reports at least one quarterback-needy team passed on West Virginia's Geno Smith in the top-ten picks because he displayed a "diva attitude" during a pre-draft visit to club headquarters.

The report aligns with a recent one from Yahoo Sports claiming Smith spent most of his time texting and checking Twitter on his cellphone during visits to club facilities. "He's going to have a tough time in New York," predicted one NFC scout. "Right now, he's coming off as a spoiled, pampered brat." Once club official confirmed to ESPN New York that "the cellphone episode was mentioned and discussed in its draft room while evaluating Smith." Added one AFC exec, "One of his perceived weaknesses is working through adversity." Smith can make this all go away by playing well in football games.'

Nolan Nawrocki wins. As Mike Mayock said, the guy has very good sources.
Old 05-03-2013, 04:16 PM    (permalink
Caulibflower
Pro Bowler

Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Bolt View Post
You mean nice exposing your bias toward Geno. I don't see you writing ficticious novels about any of the other "1st rounders" that dropped like meteors.
I've been thinking about this. You're right. It's dumb. I don't know why I felt the need to revisit that stuff after he already went as low as he did. Think I felt like I was responding to people who were acting like the reason he went as low as he did is that there was some sort of media conspiracy against him. I just don't think coaches really care very much about how the media evaluates a prospect; the coaches know they know way more about football than people reporting it, and they trust their own evaluators. He's been drafted now, so there's not much of a point in trying to argue about his value. I'm not rooting against him. It'd be a great story if he succeeded in New York.
Caulibflower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 04:18 PM    (permalink
Caulibflower
Pro Bowler

Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Accidentally double-posted.
Caulibflower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 11:56 PM    (permalink
Black Bolt
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roddoliver View Post
'ESPN New York reports at least one quarterback-needy team passed on West Virginia's Geno Smith in the top-ten picks because he displayed a "diva attitude" during a pre-draft visit to club headquarters.

The report aligns with a recent one from Yahoo Sports claiming Smith spent most of his time texting and checking Twitter on his cellphone during visits to club facilities. "He's going to have a tough time in New York," predicted one NFC scout. "Right now, he's coming off as a spoiled, pampered brat." Once club official confirmed to ESPN New York that "the cellphone episode was mentioned and discussed in its draft room while evaluating Smith." Added one AFC exec, "One of his perceived weaknesses is working through adversity." Smith can make this all go away by playing well in football games.'

LOL!! You're right, I mean, texting and checking his cell phone? The guy should be waterboarded. I mean, he could have just publically questioned his head coach, but he did far worse.

Please tell me you aren't this damn gullible. So a team wanted to take a QB in the top ten, byt they passed on him after he kept texting and checking his phone- and you don't question any of that? Give me a break. Why are you putting all your faith in the ALLEGED OPINION of ONE UNAMED SCOUT concerning ONE UNNAMED TOP TEN TEAM?? I mean, that rock solid proof if I've ever seen it. That sort of information would hold up in federeal court. Seems like the Jets scouts had different opinion of Smith- do they count in your book? Nolan Nawrocki wins the Toolbox award. Oh, and since you like articles, check this one out:

The dog pile on Geno Smith is growing, and circling back.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/g...awrocki-050213

GENO'S RISE AND FALL
From Heisman favorite to texting addict, the Jets' rookie has ridden quite a wave. Let's trace his recent history.
It started with Pro Football Weekly’s Nolan Nawrocki and his scathing scouting takedown, which identified Smith as an uncommitted, unfocused love child of Akili Smith and Aaron Brooks. This was followed by Smith freefalling into Day 2 of the draft and the New York Jets. Then he fired his agents, and his agents fired back in a cranky release.

Now a few anonymous NFL execs have jumped on this pile, with tales of Smith's idiocy. And this has led a few to conclude that race-baiting Nawrocki had a point.

So, all in all, this has been a pretty crappy run for Smith which seems crazy to me. He finally is making good decisions — starting with firing his agents.

Say for a second that every single anonymous tale of Smith texting and reading Twitter while visiting NFL teams pre-draft is true. Say he does not get it. Say the anonymous execs in this Yahoo column by Jason Cole nailed him word for word with:

“His biggest problem is that he doesn’t know what he doesn’t know,” said a league executive, who spent extensive time assessing Smith before the draft. “I’m not sure he knows how to take instruction because he pretty much wouldn’t listen or talk to our coaches … he’s talented. He can sling it, he can fit it into tight spots, he can do a lot of things and I think he wants to be good. But you can’t tell him anything right now. He’s tuned out because he thinks he’s got it all down.”

- Genius
Old 05-03-2013, 11:58 PM    (permalink
Black Bolt
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caulibflower View Post
I've been thinking about this. You're right. It's dumb. I don't know why I felt the need to revisit that stuff after he already went as low as he did. Think I felt like I was responding to people who were acting like the reason he went as low as he did is that there was some sort of media conspiracy against him. I just don't think coaches really care very much about how the media evaluates a prospect; the coaches know they know way more about football than people reporting it, and they trust their own evaluators. He's been drafted now, so there's not much of a point in trying to argue about his value. I'm not rooting against him. It'd be a great story if he succeeded in New York.
It's not just that, there has to be opportunity. Most teams had filled their QB needs. That's partially why the other QBs when in the rounds where you take back ups and developmental QB.

- Genius
Old 05-04-2013, 07:19 PM    (permalink
SchizophrenicBatman
Pro Bowler

Location: TJ Warren is a better and more productive player than Jabari Parker
SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think Geno just doesn't have a typical QB personality. I'm not going to get into all those garbage tests you take in high school/college but I'm sure a few people out there will know what I'm talking about. I would bet most QBs out there have a "Leader" personality and Geno doesn't. Being personable, outgoing...maybe that's not his thing and a couple instances of him sitting on the side doing his own thing might get interpreted wrong. Now there can be a debate all day about whether you need to be the outspoken leader or whatever but all I know is the guy who just won the Super Bowl absolutely is not that type of personality.

As for the Barkley throwing his coach under the bus...you guys realize he fell to the 4th round and the guy who took him played against him for four years in college right? Who knows how much further he could've fallen...

Also, IIRC a Clemson QB (late round prospect) was pretty much blackballed by the NFL after he threw Tommy Bowden under the bus a few years ago.
SchizophrenicBatman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 07:25 PM    (permalink
Robcards
Veteran

Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SchizophrenicBatman View Post
As for the Barkley throwing his coach under the bus...you guys realize he fell to the 4th round and the guy who took him played against him for four years in college right? Who knows how much further he could've fallen...
I am not sure what you are implying with this, but I highly doubt he would've gotten past the Chiefs or Raiders right after the Eagles traded up to get him if they had not done that.
Old 05-04-2013, 07:52 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roddoliver View Post
Lol @ acting like Nawrocki "won" something a week after the draft. It's May. He didn't "win" anything, and I like how it gets glossed over how he contradicted himself in the scouting report in general. If you honestly felt the way he did in his scathing scouting report, why did he call him a top 50 pick? You would have to be a complete and utter idiot to think a QB isn't a student of the game, a bad leader, marginal work ethic, poor body build & strength, cannot inspire, no urgency, cannot read a defense, yet somehow he's still a top 50 pick? How does that make any sense?

And his glowing scouting report of Matt Barkley that had a few lines worth of negatives, and look at as bad as it got for him on his negatives:

Quote:
Negatives: Has short arms and average grip strength (student manager was fired for deflating balls). Does not snap it quickly and spiral is not tight. Heavy-footed and cannot improvise or create with his feet. Cannot easily manipulate his arm and throwing platform under duress and the ball dies when he can’t step into it. Does not drive the ball down the field with high RPMs. Not quick-eyed — many throws are pre-determined at the line, and he will hold the ball too long on some progressions. Can be streaky (see Washington). Never beat Stanford’s pro-style defense in four years.

Oh man, he really dished it out Yet his projection for Barkley was a 1st round pick. Even when anybody who could see from watching film that he was a 4th round talent.

But yea, let's all ignore that and act like Nawrocki is this amazing QB scout who just got it all right.

Quote: