Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2014 NFL Draft Forum

2014 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2014 NFL Draft

Old 04-26-2013, 02:50 PM    (permalink
McD
Rookie

McD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.McD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.McD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.McD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.McD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.McD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.McD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.McD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.McD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.McD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.McD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

20 witnesses that prob live in the same neighborhood that are looking for a "payout" from Simon. Why the hell would you be out doing ANYTHING, or put yourself in a situation that could hurt your draft stock? Go home and stay there for the night.
McD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 02:51 PM    (permalink
Blackluck
Rookie

Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Vito View Post
Time will tell. All I know is if he was saying that stuff that is a punk move. Maybe didn't deserve to be arrested, but definitely needs to be humbled. Either that or it was a disgruntled cop who's football dreams didn't go as planned.

We don't really know what happened, for all we know these "witnesses" are the Simon family and their friends. What the hell else do you expect them to say when they see their potential paycheck getting cuffed on draft day? It sounds messed up but we all know a lot of these guys get a chance at some money and before you know it they are having "Tharold Simon Day" in small town, Louisiana. He said he was going to buy the projects. I am not saying throw Simon to the dogs because he is guilty, but tell me that isn't a realistic scenario.
Back when I was young and a hothead, my girlfriends's ex showed up at my house, punched the glass out of my door, ranting and raving. My GF called the cops. Dude (the ex BF) was an ex-marine and built like a fullback (I on the otherhand at 6', 170 lbs would have ended up as paste had he been so inclined.) At any rate after the cops showed up the ex-boyfriend kept yelling at my GF, at which point I stuck my finger in his chest, telling him to back the **** off.

I got arrested for simple assualt for that move.

Moral of the story? Cops can sometimes be real pricks.

Last edited by Blackluck : 04-26-2013 at 02:55 PM.
Blackluck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 02:53 PM    (permalink
Don Vito
Team Leader
All-Pro

Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackluck View Post
Back when I was young and a hothead, my girlfriends's ex showed up at my house, punched the glass out of my door, ranting and raving. My GF called the cops. Dude was an ex-marine and built like a fullback (I on the otherhand at 6', 170 lbs would have ended up as paste had he been so inclined.) At any rate after the cops showed up the ex-boyfriend kept yelling at my GF, at which point I stuck my finger in his chest, telling him to back the **** off.

I got arrested for simple assualt for that move.

Moral of the story? Cops can sometimes be real pricks.
Cops can sometimes be pricks. Everyday people can sometimes be selfish leeches who will shamelessly lie for their own benefit. I am sure I have a lot more firsthand examples of the latter than you do of the former.

Feed Moncrief
Don Vito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 02:57 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

As a competing ruler of Eunice, this pleases me.

Eu-nice to have known ya, Thorald! BOOM!

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) View Post
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
TitanHope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 09:15 AM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I really think he wasn't at fault being that Eunice has the most corrupt police force in the state

Quote:
Former LSU cornerback Tharold Simon was arrested last Thursday night as the NFL Draft was just getting underway. Simon was arrested in his hometown of Eunice, La. for public intimidation, resisting an officer and a noise violation. Despite the arrest, he was drafted in the fifth round by the Seattle Seahawks on Saturday.

According to Brett Martel of the Associated Press, police say Simon told the officer “I own Eunice” and peeled his tires moving a car from in front of his grandparents house. The officer also claims Simon told him he could get him fired because “the mayor is on my side” and violently jerked his arm away when the officer attempted to arrest him for intimidation.

Simon’s agent, Peter Schaffer, vehemently disputed the officer’s claims and said his client is innocent of any wrongdoing.

Simon addressed the events leading to his arrest shortly after getting drafted by the Seahawks on Saturday and, well, it’s best to just let Simon explain his side of the story.

“It’s my fault. I shouldn’t have been parked on the side of the road but I was just chilling in the house at my grandmother’s house and my car was parked on the side of the road by my grandmother’s house. I seen a car pull up and it looked like a cop car so I went out there and when I went out there he told me to move the car,” Simon said.

“I moved the car and when I turned the car on the music was up, so when I pulled up in the driveway he told me to give him my license. I gave him my license and then I just sat on the car while he was running my license through and he had called another cop to bring him a ticket book I guess so he could write me a ticket. One of my friends had come to congratulate me on the draft that was going on and he told my friend to move around.

“Then I had got off the car and was like ‘man, you’re tripping for nothing. There’s really nothing serious going on around here’ and he said my pants was low and he was like ‘pick your pants up before I take you to jail.’ So I picked my pants up and he said, ‘you know what, matter of fact put your hands behind your back’ so I put my hands behind my back and I had my girl’s car keys and I was trying to throw my girl’s car keys to my cousin so I kind of jerked my arm and he said I was resisting arrest.

“I never ran. I never flinched to move or nothing and he said I was resisting arrest. So he took me to jail or whatever and said I threatened his life or whatever. I told him I had 30 witnesses that know I didn’t do nothing wrong and that I didn’t say nothing wrong. I’m a humble guy. I’m embarrassed about what happened because it shouldn’t have happened. Like I said, everything happens for a reason. Right now my focus is just to get up to Seattle and go compete and play some football.”

A conversation with Simon’s attorneys eased Seattle’s concerns over drafting him.

“We were able to speak with his attorneys and be comfortable with his situation,” general manager John Schneider said.

It’s a pretty crazy story, maybe so crazy it’s actually true. Simon’s camp feels strongly he wasn’t in the wrong and that an overzealous police officer overstepped his authority. Simon said he initially feared the arrest could keep him from being drafted. Now Simon has a chance to prove the Seahawks didn’t make a mistake in being the team to end that concern.
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...ing-to-arrest/
Bert Macklin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 11:50 AM    (permalink
Black Bolt
Pro Bowler

Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This is not directly related, but as a probation officer, you all would not believe some of the petitions that are filed, and even more shocked at how many result in guilty convictions on the juvenile level. The most common are assaults that if anything should have been resisting arrest charges. They avoid filing resisting arrest because then they would have to explain what the kid was being arrest for in the first place, which is often times for nothing. About 4 months ago, I had a kid charged with Resisting Arrest Disorderly Conduct. The kid was sent to see the assistant prinicipal. He did so and was told by the assistant to sit in the hallway outside of his office until he was finished dealing with another student. A resource office comes by and starts questioning him. He tells the officer what his business in the hallway was, and the officer doesn't believe him and tells him to move. The kid refuses (which is NOT a criteria for disorderly conduct under the law) and the cop gets physical and puts him in cuffs. Even then, the kid doesn't physically resist. The kid is eventually found guilty of Disorderly Conduct with no prior record. The crazy part- He was found not guilty of Resisting Arrest! There was NO intent to create a public disturbance on the kid's part whatsoever and there wasn't even and audience, but at that point it was apparent the judge wanted to teach him a lesson. Juvenile court is a joke because it is not a court of record.
Kaepernick is this years pat white. Thin, gimmick offense and doesn't possess an nfl arm. The ncaa constantly regurgitates clones of past players and amazingly enough, tricks some people into thinking they're better than their cloned half. Kaepernick was a complete waste of a senior bowl qb spot. A better qb will come from the east/west shrine or whatever they're calling it now...count on it

- Genius

Last edited by Black Bolt : 05-02-2013 at 11:53 AM.
Black Bolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 11:55 AM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If Simon is telling the truth, can he sue the Eunice police department for hurting his draft position? Does he legally have a claim that being wrongly arrested cost him money, and the EPD is liable for the loss of income? Seems like he should be compensated, and at the minimum, the officer should be transferred to guarding some obscure evidence locker.

Also, it's awesome to know that guy made it into college. God bless America.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) View Post
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
TitanHope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 12:03 PM    (permalink
Black Bolt
Pro Bowler

Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanHope View Post
If Simon is telling the truth, can he sue the Eunice police department for hurting his draft position? Does he legally have a claim that being wrongly arrested cost him money, and the EPD is liable for the loss of income? Seems like he should be compensated, and at the minimum, the officer should be transferred to guarding some obscure evidence locker.

I am sure he can file a civil claim.
Kaepernick is this years pat white. Thin, gimmick offense and doesn't possess an nfl arm. The ncaa constantly regurgitates clones of past players and amazingly enough, tricks some people into thinking they're better than their cloned half. Kaepernick was a complete waste of a senior bowl qb spot. A better qb will come from the east/west shrine or whatever they're calling it now...count on it

- Genius
Black Bolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 12:07 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanHope View Post

I think he can but stuff like this happens hundreds of times a day. He is in the unique position in that it is fairly easy to quantify the negative impact of what happened but I would be confident in guessing he receives no compensation for this.

Of course this assumes Tharold Simon is innocent which is not assured but seems to me is the case. It just seemed like the officer was making **** up to cover his own as or at the very least doing a ton of embellishing.
Old 05-02-2013, 12:17 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

After commenting I just happened to see this video on Reddit.

Obviously not all police are terrible but the ones who don't turn in these terrible officers or cover up for them are just as bad in my opinion. I just hate abuse of power.
Old 05-04-2013, 01:47 PM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Also, arrests by SEC schools.

LSU

Jeremy Hill (April 27, 2013)
Jordan Jefferson (August 26, 2011)
Joshua Johns (August 26, 2011)
T-Bob Hebert (May 2010)
Terrance Toliver, (March 2010)

Arkansas

Austin Flynn (February 12, 2013)
Terrell Williams (November 4, 2012)
Chris Smith (October 10, 2012)
Maudrecus Humphrey (May 12, 2012)
Andrew Peterson (May 12, 2012)
Marquel Wade (May 12, 2012)
Tyler Gilbert (April 17, 2012)
Kane Whitehurst (April 1, 2012)
Jason Peacock (March 16, 2012)
Anthony Oden (July 9, 2011)
Ross Rasner (April 15, 2011)
Lance Ray (January 29, 2011)
Dequinta “D.D.” Jones (October 27, 2010)

Texas A&M
Kirby Ennis (February 1, 2013)
Johnny Manziel (June 29, 2012)
Kyle Mangan (August 7, 2011)
Damontre Moore (June 3, 2011)
Matthew Joeckel (October 17, 2010)

Alabama

D.J. Pettway (February 11, 2013)
Tyler Hayes (February 11, 2013)
Brent Calloway (February 11, 2013)
Eddie Williams (February 11, 2013)
Eddie Williams (February 10, 2013)
Brent Calloway (October 21, 2011)
Mark Barron (March 20, 2011)

UGA

Ty Flournoy-Smith (February 22, 2013)
Matt Stagg (November 8, 2012)
Isaiah Crowell (June 29, 2012)
Chase Vasser (May 11, 2012)
Branden Smith (March 11, 2012)
Sanders Commings (January 21, 2012)
Cornelius Washington (October 2, 2011)
Caleb King (October 11, 2010)
Demetre Baker (September 26, 2010)
Alec Ogletree (September 3, 2010)
Washaun Ealey (August 27, 2010)

UF

Loucheiz Purifoy (February 3, 2013)
Jessamen Dunker (January 16, 2013)
Leon Orr 2 (May 14, 2012)
A.C. Leonard (February 15, 2012)
Leon Orr (January 10, 2012)
Marcus Roberson (September 14, 2011)
Dee Finley (September 12, 2011)
Jon Halapio (August 28, 2011)
Matt Elam (July 24, 2011)
De’Ante Saunders (May 25, 2011)
Janoris Jenkins 2 (April 23, 2011)
Janoris Jenkins (January 22, 2011)
Chris Rainey (September 14, 2010)

Ole Miss:

Philander Moore (March 16, 2013)
Bo Wallace (January 19, 2012)
Clarence Jackson (May 13, 2011)
Delvin Jones (May 13, 2011)
Evan Ingram (March 14, 2011)
Jamal Mosley (August 21, 2011), Jamal Mosley 2 (July 21, 2012)
Randall Mackey (August 23, 2011)

Miss state:

Chad Bumphis (January 1, 2012)
Chris Hughes (August 31, 2011)
Deontae Skinner (June 5, 2011)
Dennis Thames (May 31, 2011)

South Carolina:

Tanner McEvoy (July 29, 2012)
Angelo Watley (February 26, 2012)
Byron Jerideau (January 13, 2012)
G.A. Mangus (July 26, 2011)
Edward Muldrow (July 14, 2011)
DeVonte Holloman (June 17, 2011)

Auburn:

Antonio M. Goodwin (March 11, 2011)
Harrison D. Mosley (March 11, 2011)
Kowaski Q. Kitchens (March 11, 2011)
Michael A. McNeil (March 11, 2011)
Onterrio McCalebb (May 14, 2011)
Quan Bray (September 27, 2012)
Reese Dismukes (August 25, 2012)
Trovon Reed (May 10, 2012)
Zeke Pike (June 23, 2012)

Missouri (even the coach got arrested)

Ka’ra Stewart (December 17, 2012)
Ashton Glaser (September 8, 2010), Ashton Glaser 2 (March 11, 2012)
Beau Brinkley (August 29 , 2010)
Chris Freeman (April 16, 2012)
Corbin Berkstresser (May 15, 2012)
Derrick Washington (September 12, 2010)
Dorial Green-Beckham (October 3, 2012)
Gary Pinkel (November 16, 2011)
Jimmy Burge (October 2, 2010), Jimmy Burge 2 (January 17, 2011)
Levi Copelin (October 3, 2012)
Maty Mauk (August 30, 2012)
Torey Boozer (October 3, 2012)
Tristen Holt (September 10, 2011)
Will Ebner (August 22, 2010)

Kentucky

T.J. James (January 4, 2013)
Marcus Caffey (September 13, 2012)
Bookie Cobbins (September 13, 2012)
Raymond Sanders (September 13, 2012)
Ridge Wilson (February 26, 2012)
Mark Crawford (February 27, 2011)
Mike Hartline (December 10, 2010)
Matt Roark (October 24, 2010)

Tennessee

Cameron Clear (May 22, 2012)
Austin Johnson (July 24, 2011)
Brent Brewer (February 13, 2011)
Doak Raulston (November 20, 2010)
Jacques Smith (October 31, 2010)
Bert Macklin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 01:53 PM    (permalink
pierce2walker
Pro Bowler

pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The SEC's character standards are almost as high as their academic standards...and recruiting standards.
Old 05-04-2013, 03:30 PM    (permalink
fatso
Rookie

fatso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fatso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fatso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fatso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fatso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fatso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fatso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fatso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fatso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fatso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fatso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Gonzo View Post
After commenting I just happened to see this video on Reddit.

Obviously not all police are terrible but the ones who don't turn in these terrible officers or cover up for them are just as bad in my opinion. I just hate abuse of power.
I agree the cop was over reacting but that guy was being really annoying. Hand him the can and be done with it. He easily could have put alcohol in the can. People who make a point to be smart with cops bug me so bad. Treat them with respect and make their life easy and they will more than likely return the favor.
fatso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 04:10 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pierce2walker View Post
The SEC's character standards are almost as high as their academic standards...and recruiting standards.
The bar has been lowered so much i don't think NFL teams really care all that much. If they did they'd have a small pool to pick from.
Babylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 09:50 PM    (permalink
Lil Quip
Rookie

Lil Quip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Lil Quip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Lil Quip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Lil Quip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Lil Quip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Lil Quip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Lil Quip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Lil Quip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Lil Quip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Lil Quip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Lil Quip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babylon View Post
The bar has been lowered so much i don't think NFL teams really care all that much. If they did they'd have a small pool to pick from.
The bar is probably the same, just there is so much more transparency than in the past.

In addition, the amount and availability of information has skyrocketed.

One area that I believe this is blown out of proportion is with DUI's. There is absolutely no way no how you can compare enforcement from now to 20 years ago. I can go into more depth but don't want to clog up the post.

Lastly, teams are getting much much better at realizing that:

A) Every player makes mistakes
B) A positive environment is extremely effective at eliminating character issues
C) There is an optimal blend of players who do the right thing and make other do the right thing, players who do the right thing, and players who need a little help doing the right thing.

You rattle that character saber and you create the roster most devoid of talent like Gene Smith. At least the Raiders have the tragedy of Al Davis GM to blame.
Lil Quip is offline   Reply With Quote