Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > San Francisco 49ers Team Forum

San Francisco 49ers Team Forum Discuss the 49ers

Old 05-04-2013, 01:57 PM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by king2am View Post
Green Bay
@ Seattle
Indianapolis
@ St. Louis
Houston
Arizona
@ Tennessee
@ Jacksonville (London)
Carolina
@ New Orleans
@ Washington
St. Louis
Seattle
@ Tampa Bay
Atlanta
@ Arizona

I think we split with Seattle and St. Louis - lose at their place. I was conservative in my estimation when it came to New Orleans and Atlanta - I certainly think we can win those games.

So I have us at 12-4, plus or minus a game.

As far as the makeup of our team:

I'm not all that concerned, if you couldn't tell by the 12-4 prediction. Maybe i'm over simplifying things here, but, if you told me heading into every game that we would have the best offensive line and the best front 7, i'll take that 10 times out of 10. The best part is, it's not going to be a debate on those topics, in my opinion. As Va said, we are the envy of the league with out offensive line. And this is with not knowing a whole hell of a lot about Looney or Kilgore. Assuming they progress even half as well as Boone did, we're disgustingly rich along the unit.

The front seven is similar to the offensive line in my eyes. I don't see anybody close to what we can do with a light box.

The secondary does not concern me at all. If teams are forced to run their offense through their slot receiver I feel we are already at an advantage. I see Reid stepping in right away and playing very well. I think the new blood with Parys coming back really gives our nickel sets a boost.

And now to Colin. Not. Worried. At. All. Why? Roman and Harbaugh. His targets, while not diverse, are big bodied physical targets. He has a stable of running backs and the best offensive line in football. He would have to become a turnover machine in order to hold back this offense - which I don't think he would ever be put in that kind of position.
You make some excellent points with the front seven. And I agree on Colin but I still worry about how we don't use the whole field in our passing offense. Alot of our route design is very rudimentary, especially in the red-zone. Alot of the secondary routes are more of 'hot routes' instead good route design to draw the attention of the defense. A lot of the secondary routes are design to basically the primary route open. That works in college but in the pros, you need more options in your pass design. I saw very little WCO in terms of passing concepts when CK was inserted as the starter. That's my biggest concern also. Sometimes Roman/Harbaugh get too "cute" with the wrinkles and what not. We need more fundamental WCO passing concepts incoperated into the passing game going forward, especially in the red-zone. Its one of the reason our red-zone passing efficiency is so abysmal. Better route design would cure most of that.

You made a excellent point about defending the slot as well. I just feel as though most teams aren't really going to stick with the run against us. They're going to spread us out, use alot of bunch sets, ala the Falcons, and see if we can match-up. I love the additions we can now incoperate into nickel. Tank, Lemonier, Dial and Haralson returning should do wonders to an already stout pass-rush. Fangio should be throwing all kinds of personnel groups at teams with the guys we have. But Fangio's rather bland in that respect. He doesn't switch up alot. He doesnt really dictate terms to a offense, he's more of a match-up guy. He's wants to match what the offense has on the field. I'd liked to see him challenge offenses more. Not be reckless with it, but keep the better QBs off balance with varied looks. Incoperate some more 3-3-5. Imagine all the combonations he could use with 5 LBs on the field, with any combo of D-Lineman. I just hope he sees the havoc he can create and is open to being more diverse as a defense.
VAfy-ya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 02:17 PM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Thanks for that list Ness. Cowboy really did struggle last year as far rushing the passer. He was completely dominant in 2011. But dropping to 87 from 2 the year before kind of speaks to that. Suprised Brooks didn't make the list but seeing all the guys who were unranked the year before, turnaround and make the list last year I think proves we get the most out of our talent.

And that's why I love our draft even more. Drafting guys like Tank and Dial, as well as bringing Okoye in was great planning ahead by Baalke. This could very well be Cowboy's last year as a Niner but we didnt wait until it was a glaring need in 2014, we attacked the problem early. And now we can add even more talent to the interior with the 2014 draft, while most of the guys on the edge are already locked up and building off their 2014 campaign. I love it.
Old 05-04-2013, 02:22 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yes I think Ahmad Brooks should have made the list. I could see Goldson being absent though.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Ness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 03:22 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm more pumped this year than last year because we finally have a franchise QB who's a triple threat. Add in our running game, receiving core and dominant OL and I believe that our offense while balanced can still be a threat on any possession because of Kaepernick. When you look at the first play of the Super Bowl which was a 20 yard pass play to Davis, if it wasnt for the penalty against him, who knows how that game goes.

That right there is the difference between Kaepernick and Smith. Smith was solid but doesnt have the explosiveness that Kaepernick brings to the offense. On any given offensive play, it could turn out to be a scoring play because of Kaepernick. With Smith, it was like, try to score some damn points. With Kaepernick, im EXPECTING them to be able to score on offensive possession. Will they? Of course not but the threat is there and its legitimate.

If our defense can force turnovers and be closer to 2011 than 2012, the only things I can see stopping us from getting back to the Super Bowl AND winning it are injuries and stupid play calling which to be perfectly honest, is my number one main concern. I want Harbaugh/Roman and Fangio to be aggressive but not cute or trying to complete gadget plays. I hate those plays as they rarely if ever work and percentage wise, there's a greater chance of those types of plays going bad.

With the depth we have overall, im still looking at us being 14-2 or possibly 12-4 with the absolute worse being 10-6 but we have to much youth, skill and talent to win just ten games. Granted, the division is tougher even though I see the Seahawks declining because I think Russell goes into a slump while the Rams will still be average and the Cardinals still sucking.

NFC wise, Packers, Saints, Falcons, etc. have great offenses but the Packers and Saints defenses are horrible and the Saints are switching to a 3-4 which will take time to fully implement (as we all know very well) while the Falcons have Nolan at DC who quite honestly doesnt scare me at all. In fact, he only scared me when he was our HC because well, he's horrible and I dont care what stats say.

AFC wise, we play the South. Jaguars are beyond horrible and have no QB. Titans are close behind with no QB. Colts have a franchise QB but no running game and their defense is average at best. Texans are the biggest threat but their QB (like when we had Smith) is their weak link so im not worried or concerned about them either.

Like I said, 12-4 or 14-2 baby!!! Could be 13-3 if we lose week 17 at ARZ since the week before will be emotional since its our last game at Candlestick Park :( ...Either way, im pumped and wish this weekend was week one of the regular season. Oh well....summer always zooms by so it will be here soon enough.
dan77733 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 08:19 AM    (permalink
king2am
Veteran

king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan77733 View Post
With the depth we have overall, im still looking at us being 14-2 or possibly 12-4 with the absolute worse being 10-6 but we have to much youth, skill and talent to win just ten games. Granted, the division is tougher even though I see the Seahawks declining because I think Russell goes into a slump while the Rams will still be average and the Cardinals still sucking.

NFC wise, Packers, Saints, Falcons, etc. have great offenses but the Packers and Saints defenses are horrible and the Saints are switching to a 3-4 which will take time to fully implement (as we all know very well) while the Falcons have Nolan at DC who quite honestly doesnt scare me at all. In fact, he only scared me when he was our HC because well, he's horrible and I dont care what stats say.

AFC wise, we play the South. Jaguars are beyond horrible and have no QB. Titans are close behind with no QB. Colts have a franchise QB but no running game and their defense is average at best. Texans are the biggest threat but their QB (like when we had Smith) is their weak link so im not worried or concerned about them either.

Like I said, 12-4 or 14-2 baby!!! Could be 13-3 if we lose week 17 at ARZ since the week before will be emotional since its our last game at Candlestick Park :( ...Either way, im pumped and wish this weekend was week one of the regular season. Oh well....summer always zooms by so it will be here soon enough.
Dan, you know I love the optimism - I prefer you this way.

However, I think you're setting yourself up for some ulcers this year if you quickly dismiss the rest of our opponents - especially our division. As I posted earlier I see us going 12-4, plus or minus a game. BUT it is not because Russell Wilson will regress and because the Rams are average.

It is going to be a crying shame when only two NFC West teams make it to the playoffs next year. The Rams are legit, and as far as RW goes, it's far more likely that Kaep regresses as opposed to him (which I don't see happening either).

You're right about GB and NO's defense, but remember we are @ the Superdome - they are tough mothers in there. And the Falcons, it's not their Defense that should concern us. There's a reason they jumped all over us early last year, it is damn difficult to cover Julio, Roddy, and Gonzo every single down. Matt Ryan, for the most part, puts them in good plays. And Nolan as a DC is not a handicap at all. He was successful in Baltimore, Denver, Miami, and now Atlanta. The only stop he had that wasn't, was when he was the HC of the worst football team in the NFL.

So, long story short, please stay upbeat - but don't do it at the expense of the good football teams we'll be playing.
king2am is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 10:10 AM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm not scared of the Falcons at Candlestick. Even with Steven Jackson in the mix. It will be the last game at Candlestick and it will be Monday Night Football. The place will be going nuts assuming our season isn't a dump at that point. The Saints at the dome again is extremely annoying though. Seems bogus we're facing like 4 playoff teams in the first five weeks. And the one team that isn't a playoff team is on the road in primetime. At least we'll know where this team stands early.

Quote:

Last edited by Ness : 05-05-2013 at 01:14 PM.
Old 05-05-2013, 03:01 PM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

The Falcons game will be the last game at Candlestick. Im going to try my damnest to make my first trip to the Bay for that one. But I think the team will be supper amped and motivated to close out Candlestick in a winning fashion. And dont think you'll see the same lapses in secondary like the NFCCG. It will be a good one though.
Old 05-05-2013, 03:25 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by king2am View Post
Dan, you know I love the optimism - I prefer you this way.

However, I think you're setting yourself up for some ulcers this year if you quickly dismiss the rest of our opponents - especially our division. As I posted earlier I see us going 12-4, plus or minus a game. BUT it is not because Russell Wilson will regress and because the Rams are average.

It is going to be a crying shame when only two NFC West teams make it to the playoffs next year. The Rams are legit, and as far as RW goes, it's far more likely that Kaep regresses as opposed to him (which I don't see happening either).

You're right about GB and NO's defense, but remember we are @ the Superdome - they are tough mothers in there. And the Falcons, it's not their Defense that should concern us. There's a reason they jumped all over us early last year, it is damn difficult to cover Julio, Roddy, and Gonzo every single down. Matt Ryan, for the most part, puts them in good plays. And Nolan as a DC is not a handicap at all. He was successful in Baltimore, Denver, Miami, and now Atlanta. The only stop he had that wasn't, was when he was the HC of the worst football team in the NFL.

So, long story short, please stay upbeat - but don't do it at the expense of the good football teams we'll be playing.
Thanks. I prefer to be optimistic. :D

No way in hell does Kaepernick regress because Harbaugh even thought for a second that was possible, Smith would still be a 49er. I can easily see Kaepernick getting 3000+ yards and 30+ tds if not 4000 and 40. He's got the arm strength, accuracy and play making ability to accomplish that plus he has a lot of talent around him and a five star OL.

Wilson only has one legitimate weapon and thats Harvin in the passing game. The rest are average at best and only do better than that because of Wilson being able to scramble and make plays. Their OL is weak both guard spots and RT. Their LT and C are excellent but when you're going against our front seven or even the Rams front seven, their OL wont hold up forever.

Rams will be around 8-8. Their front seven and two corners are excellent but their safeties suck. Offensively, they lost Jackson, their interior OL is crap, they have rookie and second year receivers and Bradford is still 50/50 in terms of being a bust. We lost and tied with them not because they played good but because we played like crap. Add in stupid idiotic and moronic play calling and well, you saw the result.

I believe that as long as Roman and Harbaugh dont get "cute" with the play calling, we'll be closer to 2011 than 2012. Our offense should be better than what it was in the ten games that Kaepernick started because we added a rookie TE who I believe will be an upgrade over Walker, a veteran clutch WR in Boldin who's easily an upgrade over Moss, still have Crabtree and Davis plus Gore, James and Hunter coming back. That doesnt even include Patton, Williams, Manningham and Jenkins who are all wildcards right now and can go either way depending on how they develop/progress or on how healthy they are. My pick for break out year is rookie WR Quinton Patton. I think he'll win the slot WR spot and move ahead of Jenkins. I truly believe that he's going to be an extra weapon that no one expected.

As for other teams.....we were at NO last year and we kicked their ass. I honestly dont see them being any better. In fact, I think that they'll be worse because despite having three RB's, they still have no running game, their receivers and OL are not what they once were and they will still have a horrible defense since half the players in their defense doesnt fit in the 3-4.

We all know how long it can take to convert from the 4-3 to the 3-4 and I dont see the Saints defense converting for at least two years. And even if they do, their defense isnt exactly full of studs.

They're a threat on offense but Brees cant do everything which was proven last year and with a weaker WR and OL core, he'll be asked to do even more. Granted, they still have Graham, Colston and Sproles but to me, Sproles is the key. Shut him down and you'll shut down the rest of the offense.

Packers are basically the same thing and despite them drafting TWO RB's, I wouldnt be surprised if they still passed 70% of the time. Falcons have a good overall team but Nolan still sucks in my opinion. I will never ever like that guy period. Their offense is great and exposed us in the first half of the NFCCG but in SF on MNF in the last ever game at Candlestick Park, good luck to the Falcons.

Also, one other thing --- the reason why the Falcons offense and the Ravens offense torched our defense because our two main players on the front seven Justin and Aldon were both legitimately injured and we had no depth.

If both and Haralson are 100% healthy plus you add in Carradine, Lemonier, Dial, Dorsey, etc. and our front seven should be closer to 2011 than 2012 in terms of being dominant.

At worse, 10-6 but that would be a huge disappointment and not sure if it was you or someone else that said we'll be a WILDCARD team??? **** that!!! We should definitely get the first or second seed. I only see that not happening if we beat ourselves by horrible play calling and mistakes that shouldnt happen. Anyway, im standing behind my 14-2 prediction with 12-4 as the backup prediction.

Only way I truly see 10-6 or worse is if we get killed with injuries. Other than that, no way.
Old 05-05-2013, 03:50 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Looks like the 49ers are now the frontrunners to host Super Bowl 50. I don't think I'd care too much if the 49ers aren't participating. I guess it's cool to have the Super Bowl in your hometown, but...I never thought the bay area was a good place to host a Super Bowl anyways.

Quote:
The bid to bring Super Bowl 50 to the Bay Area might have been locked up Friday, but there was no celebration.

"Nothing changes," 49ers CEO Jed York stated via text message Saturday.

The 49ers' $1.2 billion Santa Clara stadium, scheduled to open in time for the 2014 season, is a finalist along with Miami to play host to the Super Bowl in February 2016.

The NFL told Miami it must renovate Sun Life Stadium to have any chances of hosting a Super Bowl. But Florida lawmakers on Friday ended a legislative session without approving a plan to provide taxpayer money for a proposed $350 million in stadium upgrades.
http://www.csnbayarea.com/blog/matt-...super-bowl-bid

Quote:

Last edited by Ness : 05-05-2013 at 04:04 PM.
Old 05-05-2013, 04:04 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

That would be awesome especially if we're in it and going for a three peat. :P :D
Old 05-05-2013, 05:11 PM    (permalink
49erNation85
All-Pro

49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yes super bowl 50! That would be sweet.
49erNation85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 11:54 AM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Just so we know everyone is on the same page regarding Baalke and his utter dominance.

Quote:
The Alex Smith trade could end up netting the San Francisco 49ers a return package close to the one the Cincinnati Bengals received for Carson Palmer.

In addition to the second-rounder that brought pass rusher Tank Carradine, the 49ers picked up a conditional 2014 third-rounder in the Smith trade. As SI.com's Peter King reports, though, that third-rounder escalates to a second-rounder if the Kansas Chiefs' record is 8-8 or better this season.

Like the New England Patriots of last decade, the 49ers keep reloading with draft picks in future years. San Francisco is the only team with six draft picks in the first three rounds of the 2014 NFL Draft.

To their own first-, second- and third-round picks, the Niners have added the conditional pick from the Smith trade and an extra third-rounder from the Tennessee Titans, who traded up from 40 to 34 to select Justin Hunter in the most recent draft.

The last of the picks comes with an asterisk. The 49ers will almost certainly receive a third- or fourth-round compensation pick for losing free-agent safety Dashon Goldson to the Tampa Bay Buccaneers.

If the Chiefs take advantage of an easy schedule to hit .500, 49ers general manager Trent Baalke will boast a first-, two second-rounders and three third-rounders next April. Just as we saw two weeks ago, those extra picks will allow Baalke to wheel and deal. He's not afraid to trade up for a top prospect in a position of need (first-round safety Eric Reid), or trade down to stockpile currency for future deals.
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100...pick-for-49ers

Quote:
Old 05-06-2013, 12:09 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

^^^^^

Yes yes. Baalke kicks ass!!!!! :D
Old 05-06-2013, 12:27 PM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

All hail Trent Baalke.
Old 05-06-2013, 12:37 PM    (permalink
farfromforgotten
Veteran

farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
All hail Trent Baalke.
All hail Trent Baalke.
farfromforgotten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 06:05 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan77733 View Post
Yes yes. Baalke kicks ass!!!!! :D
Quote:
All hail Trent Baalke.
Quote:
Originally Posted by farfromforgotten View Post
All hail Trent Baalke.

Adam Snyder agrees!
Old 05-06-2013, 06:50 PM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

We just hired Ronald Curry as a offensive assistant. Seems kinda out of left field but I'm happy for him. Curry is from my neck of the woods, played bball against him in Hampton a couple of times. Best hs football player I ever saw, with Allen Iverson a close second. Tore his ACL a couple games into his college career and was never the same kind of athlete. Crazy because if you would have said when both were in hs that Vick would have the better college and pro career, you would have gotten laughed at and ridiculed. Crazy how they're status just flip-flopped once they hit college.
Old 05-06-2013, 07:07 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

This is funny.....a week or so after I mentioned it, we brought him back.....

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/3301/adam-snyder

Waiting to see details on his two year contract but I like it. Adds a veteran presence on the OL and can play C, LG, RG and even RT if needed. I'm sure that its a cheap deal so another win for Trent Baalke. :D
Old 05-06-2013, 07:15 PM    (permalink
Justone2
Veteran

Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Great signing in my eyes. Versatile veteran which is perfect on the bench.
Justone2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 07:37 PM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VAfy-ya View Post
We just hired Ronald Curry as a offensive assistant. Seems kinda out of left field but I'm happy for him. Curry is from my neck of the woods, played bball against him in Hampton a couple of times. Best hs football player I ever saw, with Allen Iverson a close second. Tore his ACL a couple games into his college career and was never the same kind of athlete. Crazy because if you would have said when both were in hs that Vick would have the better college and pro career, you would have gotten laughed at and ridiculed. Crazy how they're status just flip-flopped once they hit college.
My dad is a huge UNC Basketball fan so I watched Curry play in both sports and I would agree he's still one of if not the best athlete I've watched.

To the Alex Smith situation KC has a very loaded roster and I can easily see them winning 8 games.
Menardo75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 08:34 PM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Adam Snyder isn't very good at football. They must not have much confidence in Looney.

It's a total reversal in KC. Usually we root against teams where we have one of their upcoming draft picks. But now I'm firmly on the Chiefs' bandwagon. Definitely want a mid second.

The Titans can go ahead and lose a bunch though.
Old 05-06-2013, 09:39 PM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Some highlights of some new Niners

Marquies Gray

A sweet highlight of the incoming draft class
Old 05-06-2013, 09:39 PM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

Quote:
Adam Snyder isn't very good at football. They must not have much confidence in Looney.

It's a total reversal in KC. Usually we root against teams where we have one of their upcoming draft picks. But now I'm firmly on the Chiefs' bandwagon. Definitely want a mid second.

The Titans can go ahead and lose a bunch though.
Snyder has been playing out of position. His best spot is tackle.
Old 05-06-2013, 09:45 PM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

Quote:
He's better than Leonard Davis, who's he's essentially replacing on the roster. I don't think it has anything to do with Looney. Synder is a verstaile lineman, who can play all 5 positions. As a starter I would be concerned. But as dirt cheap, back-up utility lineman, its a wise investment. Everyone wanted us to address the swing tackle, we just did. Boone will still probably still slide outside if anything happened to Staley or Davis. But Synder could also play some tackle without having to bring somebody up from the pratice squad.

Last edited by VAfy-ya : 05-06-2013 at 11:43 PM.
Old 05-06-2013, 11:34 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ronald Curry was so nasty. So very sad that he couldn't stay healthy.