Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2015 NFL Draft Forum

2015 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2015 NFL Draft

Old 05-06-2013, 05:35 PM    (permalink
ocelot2500
Rookie

ocelot2500 could make a wolverine purr.ocelot2500 could make a wolverine purr.ocelot2500 could make a wolverine purr.ocelot2500 could make a wolverine purr.ocelot2500 could make a wolverine purr.ocelot2500 could make a wolverine purr.ocelot2500 could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Bolt View Post
Mandarich is more of a strongman who's attributes didn't translate, on top of the steroid use. Ryan Kalil put up incredible #'s at the combine; Mawae could pull like no one's business, it was like he was sprinting.
Yeah, the Mandarich thing was meant to be kind of tongue in cheek.

I could see Mawae getting the nod. I mentioned Dawson for the same reason, he was very quick and could pull in a hurry.

In my mind, QB comes down to Newton or Vick. I think Vick gets the nod, because nobody had ever seen that much speed and quickness at the position before to go along with a very strong arm. I could also make a Big Ben mention, but have a tough time putting him above either of those two
ocelot2500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 06:01 PM    (permalink
bam bam
Veteran

bam bam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bam bam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bam bam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bam bam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bam bam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bam bam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bam bam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bam bam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bam bam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bam bam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bam bam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo123 View Post
Larry Allen for OG.
LAARRYY ALLEENN!!!?!!?? Give me a break!
bam bam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 07:01 PM    (permalink
TheFinisher
Pro Bowler

TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bam bam View Post

Old 05-06-2013, 07:24 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Vick is and always will be the biggest freak to ever play the QB position. Cam is a freakazoid....don't get me wrong, Elway will always have one of the best arms I've ever seen (my dad played baseball against him in high school, and said he was pumping 90-93 as a freshman). But for anyone to argue it isn't Vick?

The guy has sub 4.3 speed, was better in the open field than most elite running backs, and one of the best arms the game has seen. The one and only thing that would ever hurt him in a "freak" argument is his size.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
SickwithIt1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 07:27 PM    (permalink
BRAVEHEART
Pro Bowler

BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jamarcus is sorta freaky when you think about it.
Old 05-06-2013, 07:51 PM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRAVEHEART View Post
Jamarcus is sorta freaky when you think about it.
In a lazy pathetic waste of talent kind of way....amirite?

Sig by the King BK

Fear the Spear - Winston Era has begun....
Quote:
"I wasn't going to lose to Miami, no matter what," Freeman said. "It means a lot to go out there and beat them. Every time I get a chance, I want to destroy them."
BallerT1215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 10:16 PM    (permalink
Black Bolt
Pro Bowler

Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Certified freak.
Kaepernick is this years pat white. Thin, gimmick offense and doesn't possess an nfl arm. The ncaa constantly regurgitates clones of past players and amazingly enough, tricks some people into thinking they're better than their cloned half. Kaepernick was a complete waste of a senior bowl qb spot. A better qb will come from the east/west shrine or whatever they're calling it now...count on it

- Genius
Black Bolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 10:57 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

He spells his name Larry Allen, but yes, him.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 07:02 AM    (permalink
JHL6719
Veteran

JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Herschel Walker - Best freshman RB I've ever seen.

Adrian Peterson - 2nd best freshman RB I've ever seen.

Jeff George - Strongest arm that's ever been attached to a quarterback. Those that saw him sling it understand that it's not really debateable.
JHL6719 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 07:20 AM    (permalink
AntoinCD
All-Pro

AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I gotta think Jim Brown has to be in there as well. He was 6'2 230lbs in the 1960s. To put that in perspective, the average offensive lineman was 6'3 250lbs. That's like having an all world RB nowadays who is 6'4 270lbs, and no, Brandon Jacobs does not count

BoneKrusher killing it with the sig
AntoinCD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 08:34 AM    (permalink
WCH
All-Pro

WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Mandarich was a huge addict, to the point where he drove 400 miles to buy painkillers instead of being at his brothers deathbed. He dropped to 260 lbs before going into rehab and attempting a comeback with the Colts.

That was probably his whole problem.

Last edited by WCH : 05-07-2013 at 08:39 AM.
WCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 08:53 AM    (permalink
Black Bolt
Pro Bowler

Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JHL6719 View Post
Herschel Walker - Best freshman RB I've ever seen.

Adrian Peterson - 2nd best freshman RB I've ever seen.

Jeff George - Strongest arm that's ever been attached to a quarterback. Those that saw him sling it understand that it's not really debateable.
Nope. Vinny Testaverte had a stronger arm. George had a strong arm combined with a quick, effortless release, but he didn't have the strongest arm.
Kaepernick is this years pat white. Thin, gimmick offense and doesn't possess an nfl arm. The ncaa constantly regurgitates clones of past players and amazingly enough, tricks some people into thinking they're better than their cloned half. Kaepernick was a complete waste of a senior bowl qb spot. A better qb will come from the east/west shrine or whatever they're calling it now...count on it

- Genius
Old 05-07-2013, 08:54 AM    (permalink
Black Bolt
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by AntoinCD View Post
I gotta think Jim Brown has to be in there as well. He was 6'2 230lbs in the 1960s. To put that in perspective, the average offensive lineman was 6'3 250lbs. That's like having an all world RB nowadays who is 6'4 270lbs, and no, Brandon Jacobs does not count
True. I might replace Simpson.

- Genius
Old 05-07-2013, 12:21 PM    (permalink
bigfreak314
Rookie

bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

AP has to be considered a freak of nature. 6'1 almost 220 and like 6% body fat. Runs in the low 4.3s in his 40 pre ACL surgery then comes back and is 9 yards shy of Eric Dikerson's single season record. He wasn't even 100%!!!

Sick Sig by the BONEKRUSHER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raheem Morris
Stats are for losers, so you keep looking at stats and we'll keep looking at wins.
bigfreak314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 01:34 PM    (permalink
niel89
SuperBowl Prop Bet Winner
All-Pro

niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

QB for this is hard because the guys who are freak athletes now (Vick, Cam, RG3) arent really established guys at all. Vick is the biggest freak in my eyes but he has never really been a great established QB. He would be super quick & fast as just a WR or RB, but at QB its unheard of. RG3 is fast as well but isn't nearly as quick as Vick was.

I might go with Elway in terms of overall talent and success. He has a cannon and was a good runner too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy
niel89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 04:58 PM    (permalink
Black Bolt
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by niel89 View Post
QB for this is hard because the guys who are freak athletes now (Vick, Cam, RG3) arent really established guys at all. Vick is the biggest freak in my eyes but he has never really been a great established QB. He would be super quick & fast as just a WR or RB, but at QB its unheard of. RG3 is fast as well but isn't nearly as quick as Vick was.

I might go with Elway in terms of overall talent and success. He has a cannon and was a good runner too.
Vick isn't established? Dude, he is still a starter in 2013! That's estblished. You can argue that he isn't that accomplished or whatever, but for the purposes of this list, he is established in his position. This isn't about overall talent and how successful one's career was.

- Genius
Old 05-07-2013, 05:07 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

To list an O-Line freak without listing Bruce Matthews is such a disappointment.

The guy played in 296 straight games (if you don't factor that he missed games when the whole league went on strike in 87, otherwise it's 229), played every position on the line, was a long-snapper and covered punts long into his career. The guy was like 35 years old covering punts! Not to mention he was the Titans/Oilers emergency kicker and QB for years!

He's one of those rare talents on the offensive line that is filled with physical talent, yet somehow his production far exceeds it.
mightytitan9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 05:08 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AntoinCD View Post
It'd be like Brandon Jacobs size with APs ability and production lol
Old 05-07-2013, 05:25 PM    (permalink
bigfreak314
Rookie

bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What ever happened to that OT from Maryland that Oakland drafted? Bruce Campbell. 6'6 300lbs 4.85 34 reps. Was he a classic looks like Tarzan plays like Jane because I haven't heard from him since he was drafted.

Sick Sig by the BONEKRUSHER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raheem Morris
Stats are for losers, so you keep looking at stats and we'll keep looking at wins.
bigfreak314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 05:31 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigfreak314 View Post
What ever happened to that OT from Maryland that Oakland drafted? Bruce Campbell. 6'6 300lbs 4.85 34 reps. Was he a classic looks like Tarzan plays like Jane because I haven't heard from him since he was drafted.
He was traded to the Panthers for Mike Goodson, lol.

RIP themaninblack
SuperPacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 06:15 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

If you truly want to look at freak QBs, here would be my list:

1) Randall Cunningham
2) Cam Newton
3) Mike Vick
4) Daunte Culpepper
5) Tie between Steve McNair, Donovan McNabb and Steve Young
Old 05-07-2013, 07:11 PM    (permalink
Bird
Rookie

Bird hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

BB, I was in Norfolk looking across the river at you. Back to the thawed tundra of Michigan.

For my all time freak...Marcus Dupree! That guy was amazing and the reason I watched OU games. The Sun Bowl, you just knew he was breaking another one every time he touched the ball.
Bird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 07:13 PM    (permalink
Bird
Rookie

Bird hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I will always remember Kyle Boller making a throw at the 50 yard line from one knee. I can't remember if it went through the uprights or not, but was impressive.

Randall McDaniel for G. truely a freak running with the wrs in practice
Bird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 07:26 PM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bird View Post
I will always remember Kyle Boller making a throw at the 50 yard line from one knee. I can't remember if it went through the uprights or not, but was impressive.

Randall McDaniel for G. truely a freak running with the wrs in practice
Ole' Jawalrus could do that as well.

Sig by the King BK

Fear the Spear - Winston Era has begun....
Quote:
"I wasn't going to lose to Miami, no matter what," Freeman said. "It means a lot to go out there and beat them. Every time I get a chance, I want to destroy them."
BallerT1215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 07:33 PM    (permalink
bam bam
Veteran

bam bam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bam bam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bam bam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bam bam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bam bam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bam bam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bam bam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bam bam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bam bam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bam bam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bam bam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo123 View Post
He spells his name Larry Allen, but yes, him.
bam bam is offline   Reply With Quote