Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > San Francisco 49ers Team Forum

San Francisco 49ers Team Forum Discuss the 49ers

Old 05-07-2013, 12:42 AM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Snyder started 13 games for us at RG in 2011 replacing Rachal after three games. Is Snyder better than Boone? Definitely not but he's an upgrade over Davis or any other veteran OL we would bring in. I'm sure its a cheap move and even maybe a one year deal with an option/roster bonus due in March so personally, I like the move.
dan77733 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 05:07 PM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Didn't realize we signed Lowell Rose as a UDFA. This kid could be a steal. Can play either FS or CB.
VAfy-ya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 07:08 PM    (permalink
49ersfan_87
Pro Bowler

49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VAfy-ya View Post
Didn't realize we signed Lowell Rose as a UDFA. This kid could be a steal. Can play either FS or CB.
The 49ers evidently feel somewhat highly about him, as they've paid him a pretty penny (for UDFA's, anyway).

Quote:
According to a source, the 49ers' top-paid undrafted free agents are defensive backs Darryl Morris (Texas State) and Lowell Rose (Tulsa). Both players received $8,000 signing bonuses.
http://www.csnbayarea.com/blog/matt-...nd-opportunity
49ersfan_87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 07:48 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Both of those DBs are great grabs. It'd be nice to see a diamond emerge out of one of these late DBs.
Old 05-07-2013, 09:11 PM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Seems like they plan on releasing Rogers. Unless there are some restructures getting done, they may need to cut him to sign the rooks. I'm probably totally wrong though.

I'm sorry Brian Sabean. I was wrong. I think I might have been right, but you have Scoreboard.
Borat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 09:18 PM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

For those who were curious, Synder's deal is for 2 years, $2.45 mil, with a $500,000 signing bonus. His salary cap figure for 2013 is $1.14 million, 830,000 in 2014. A little higher than I expected but I'm ok with that number.
Old 05-07-2013, 09:37 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
For those who were curious, Synder's deal is for 2 years, $2.45 mil, with a $500,000 signing bonus. His salary cap figure for 2013 is $1.14 million, 830,000 in 2014. A little higher than I expected but I'm ok with that number.
Not bad at all. Less than $1.25m a year for a veteran lineman who can play both guard spots, center and right tackle. Very good signing in my opinion and always liked Snyder especially over Rachal. UGH. Also, makes a lot of sense since Iupati is going to miss OTA's and wont be back until training camp. So overall, a good signing that makes a lot of sense.
Old 05-07-2013, 09:59 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Seems like they plan on releasing Rogers. Unless there are some restructures getting done, they may need to cut him to sign the rooks. I'm probably totally wrong though.
Perhaps Goodwin or Haralson.
Old 05-07-2013, 10:30 PM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

I don't think anyone who was a starter last year is getting cut. Probably a re-structure or and extenstion to free up some cap. But not before we see these new guys on the field and in the heat of competition. We have til the first game to get under the cap I believe so we have awhile before we have to really make a move.

Last edited by VAfy-ya : 05-07-2013 at 11:10 PM.
Old 05-08-2013, 05:15 AM    (permalink
edgrenade
Veteran

edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I can see Goodwin getting the cut for the 53 man roster. There are some young guys on the team that can step in, and his salary would be gone.
Old 05-08-2013, 09:22 AM    (permalink
Madirishman
Pro Bowler

Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Goodwin is the guy that could be released or asked to restructure. He still has a lot of leadership value and intangibles that aren't seen in the stat sheet but he is the lowest graded starting O-Lineman. I think Kilgore and/or Looney will be much better this year than many of us are projecting, a lot like Boone was last year at RG. Seeing what Snyder was paid, he's all but a lock for the 53 as a swing tackle and versatile backup.

They believe Rogers is worth his salary for this year otherwise they would have already approached him this year to restructure and/or invested a higher pick in the Draft on a CB to come in and compete. Though Rogers wasn't a Pro Bowler again last year, he was still solid in his play and the Niners acknowledged through their transactions that they felt the pass rush and lack of depth on the D-Line were their main issues more than the CBs, secondary.

Haralson has taken a pay cut already and will only get cut if he gets outplayed by the younger guys, not as a cap casualty.

Manningham could be out if Patton and/or Jenkins step up and prove they can be a reliable #3 WR behind Crabs, Boldin. Williams still has return value and makes less than MM (who also has restructured his deal this offseason, which makes Mario the obvious roster-fringe player that could be cut once he's returned from injury.

Three NFC Conference Championship appearances in Harbaugh's First 3 Years
Operation 2014 Super Bowl Champions: In Progress with an amazing looking Draft class

"He who thinks he knows it all has the most to learn"
Madirishman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 09:59 AM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madirishman View Post
Goodwin is the guy that could be released or asked to restructure. He still has a lot of leadership value and intangibles that aren't seen in the stat sheet but he is the lowest graded starting O-Lineman. I think Kilgore and/or Looney will be much better this year than many of us are projecting, a lot like Boone was last year at RG. Seeing what Snyder was paid, he's all but a lock for the 53 as a swing tackle and versatile backup.

They believe Rogers is worth his salary for this year otherwise they would have already approached him this year to restructure and/or invested a higher pick in the Draft on a CB to come in and compete. Though Rogers wasn't a Pro Bowler again last year, he was still solid in his play and the Niners acknowledged through their transactions that they felt the pass rush and lack of depth on the D-Line were their main issues more than the CBs, secondary.

Haralson has taken a pay cut already and will only get cut if he gets outplayed by the younger guys, not as a cap casualty.

Manningham could be out if Patton and/or Jenkins step up and prove they can be a reliable #3 WR behind Crabs, Boldin. Williams still has return value and makes less than MM (who also has restructured his deal this offseason, which makes Mario the obvious roster-fringe player that could be cut once he's returned from injury.
Well said. I think MM will start the year on PUP list and will be brought back in the middle of the year, similar to what they did with Hampton last year.
Old 05-08-2013, 12:04 PM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

Interesting tidbit.....

Quote:
Frank Gore faced eight defenders in the box more than any other running back last season. Simply put, defenses didn't respect Alex Smith. Gore saw a stacked box 42.3 percent of the time, nearly double the league average of 23.3 percent. He still averaged 4.71 yards per carry and ranked 10th in the league with 1,214 rushing yards.
I was sure Adrian Peterson would have seen the most. But it also explains why JH choose to go with CK, when given the opportunity. Makes you want to appreciate Gore and our O-Line that much more.
Old 05-08-2013, 12:23 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

I dont see any starter from 2012 getting released. I can see Rogers, Goodwin being asked to take a paycut but thats it. I'll be surprised if any starter from 2012 gets released.
Old 05-08-2013, 01:03 PM    (permalink
49ersfan_87
Pro Bowler

49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Don't we have to be under the cap at all times this offseason? I don't think there's a real deadline, maybe an artificial deadline of late July when we would want all our drafted rookies under contract. I don't think 1.5 mil is enough to sign 11 picks.

I guess we would re-structure someone, but i don't want to go too crazy with the re-structurings. Not sure who we would outright release that would make a big enough dent (it would probably have to be at least a 1 million dollar savings on the cap this year).
49ersfan_87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 11:45 AM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

Quote:
Interesting tidbit.....
Quote:
Frank Gore faced eight defenders in the box more than any other running back last season. Simply put, defenses didn't respect Alex Smith. Gore saw a stacked box 42.3 percent of the time, nearly double the league average of 23.3 percent. He still averaged 4.71 yards per carry and ranked 10th in the league with 1,214 rushing yards.

I was sure Adrian Peterson would have seen the most. But it also explains why JH choose to go with CK, when given the opportunity. Makes you want to appreciate Gore and our O-Line that much more.
Interesting thought. Gore saw 8-in-the-box at a higher rate with Kaep at QB than with Smith.

It'll be intriguing to see how this might change this year...

Quote:
Facing Eight in the Box

Khaled Elsayed
Pro Football Focus

Sometimes you get an idea in your head. Whether it be commentators telling you something or whether itís you looking to make some logical assumptions, ideas and theories stick.

On Tuesday, the PFF twitter feed was inundated with messages telling us that the Chiefsí Jamaal Charles (who had himself a very good year) constantly faced eight men in the box. Now Iíll be honest in that I watched a fair few Chiefs games and did differing types of analysis on them, but it didnít strike me as right that Charles faced any more than the league average.

So I decided to look at what the numbers said, and while it started off as more of a rebuttal to some criticism, it developed into an interesting look at which players faced the most defenders in the box.

With that in mind, I bring to you what I think is the first real look at players facing eight or more men in the box to see which players truly had to overcome it.

The 49er Way

If youíve missed our tweeting on it, there really was only one contender to this crown and his name was Frank Gore. An astonishing 42.25% of his runs saw him face at least eight defenders in the box, although weíll explain why some of this isnít down to the schemes and offensive formations used by the 49ers.

But for now hereís the entire list of rushers with at least 100 designed carries. The league average came out at 23.25%. Stay tuned because tomorrow weíre going to add some more data to the mix when we look at how the use of offensive personnel impacts this.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blo...ht-in-the-box/
Old 05-10-2013, 12:57 AM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I wonder if teams were more concerned with Kaepernick just smoking them on the ground as the season went on. With Kaepernick in the mix you now have to worry about Gore and him pulling off a big run. Perhaps teams decided to take their chances in the secondary compared to on the ground.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Ness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 04:00 AM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Levi's Stadium official. Say hello to the new home of the 49ers. It's a comfortable fit!

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Ness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 09:04 AM    (permalink
Madirishman
Pro Bowler

Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yes, it's better than a name like 3COM Park was! Once open, it will roll off the tongue like all these others such as Gillette Stadium and MetLife Stadium. They got paid; the second richest naming deal currently in the NFL. Good for them if a blue jeans company wants to give them over $200M to hang some signage that matches one of the team's primary colors.

Operation 2014 Super Bowl Champions: In Progress with an amazing looking Draft class

Old 05-10-2013, 10:21 AM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ness View Post
I wonder if teams were more concerned with Kaepernick just smoking them on the ground as the season went on. With Kaepernick in the mix you now have to worry about Gore and him pulling off a big run. Perhaps teams decided to take their chances in the secondary compared to on the ground.
Its about formation. Nobody used more 1 WR sets than us. Not even close. We had two TEs with WR speed. It made a lot of sense to make defenses bring out their base package and attack them with VD and Walker. If you look at the stats against 2 WR sets, I think Gore is like 7th or 8th on the list, so it puts it all in perspective once you see the total data.
Old 05-10-2013, 10:32 AM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Yes, it's better than a name like 3COM Park was! Once open, it will roll off the tongue like all these others such as Gillette Stadium and MetLife Stadium. They got paid; the second richest naming deal currently in the NFL. Good for them if a blue jeans company wants to give them over $200M to hang some signage that matches one of the team's primary colors.
It makes total sense and being an avid Levi customer myself over the years, I think its a perfect fit. Both San Francisco iconic symbols of greatness. Hopefully they produce a Niner Levi jean with red and gold stitching and Niner logo on the belt tag instead of the traditional Levi Strauss customary tag. A nice dark or black wash....I would defintely make it a point to own a pair.

Last edited by VAfy-ya : 05-10-2013 at 10:35 AM.
Old 05-10-2013, 11:25 AM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

While I knew it was never going to happen, I was hoping that the entrance to the new stadium was going to look like a Roman Coliseum because I was hoping that the stadium was going to be called the Bill Walsh Memorial Coliseum. Obviously, its all about money and while its better than 3Com or Monster Park, shame it couldnt at least be called the new Candlestick Park. Oh well.

On a related note -

Madirishman said that its the second biggest deal in the NFL. What's the first?

And on a side note -

We signed four of our draft picks today -

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...nder-contract/

Includes Dial and all three of our seventh round draft picks.
Old 05-10-2013, 12:41 PM    (permalink
Madirishman
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan77733 View Post
While I knew it was never going to happen, I was hoping that the entrance to the new stadium was going to look like a Roman Coliseum because I was hoping that the stadium was going to be called the Bill Walsh Memorial Coliseum. Obviously, its all about money and while its better than 3Com or Monster Park, shame it couldnt at least be called the new Candlestick Park. Oh well.

On a related note -

Madirishman said that its the second biggest deal in the NFL. What's the first?

And on a side note -

We signed four of our draft picks today -

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...nder-contract/

Includes Dial and all three of our seventh round draft picks.

Dan, they are going to have one of the roads outside the stadium named after Bill Walsh, which will likely end up being around longer than the stadium naming rights deal.

It was reported on a few outlets that it's the second biggest deal in the NFL currently with MetLife Stadium (Dolphins) being the first. Part of this is due to other stadiums having older deals that will renew in the coming years and likely pass the Niners. Just like free agency, the prices continue to escalate.

Yes, good to see they are already signing draft picks:
http://www.csnbayarea.com/blog/matt-...er-draft-picks

Love how this front office does business.

Old 05-10-2013, 09:55 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

Quote:
Dan, they are going to have one of the roads outside the stadium named after Bill Walsh, which will likely end up being around longer than the stadium naming rights deal.

It was reported on a few outlets that it's the second biggest deal in the NFL currently with MetLife Stadium (Dolphins) being the first. Part of this is due to other stadiums having older deals that will renew in the coming years and likely pass the Niners. Just like free agency, the prices continue to escalate.

Yes, good to see they are already signing draft picks:
http://www.csnbayarea.com/blog/matt-...er-draft-picks

Love how this front office does business.
Didnt know that Walsh is going to get a road or street named after him and what can I say, a Bill Walsh statue outside the Bill Walsh Memorial Coliseum would have been awesome but oh well.

True. In a few years, we'll be surpassed in regards to the stadium naming rights prices. And at least, we dont have to share a stadium with the Raiders. That would have pissed me off.

Yep, four draft picks down. Seven more to go.
Old 05-10-2013, 10:57 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

Really excited about the versatility that's being coached into the O-Line.

Based upon photo observation players are taking reps at these positions...

Anthony Davis - RT | LT
Alex Boone - RG | RT | LT
Daniel Kilgore - C | RG | LG
Joe Looney - RG | C