Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Old 05-07-2013, 09:53 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

FA Andre Levitre - Signed
Titans Round 1 - OG Chance Warmack - (1st or 2nd best guard in draft)
Titans Round 4 - OC Brian Schwenke - (1st or 2nd best center in draft)

THIS is how you fix a bad O-line. Oh well, at least we have 3 TEs, 6 WRs, and a couple of RBs, so theres that.

The greastest team of all time...The OKLAHOMA SOONERS!!! http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3849468
pocketaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 11:08 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pocketaces View Post
FA Andre Levitre - Signed
Titans Round 1 - OG Chance Warmack - (1st or 2nd best guard in draft)
Titans Round 4 - OC Brian Schwenke - (1st or 2nd best center in draft)

THIS is how you fix a bad O-line. Oh well, at least we have 3 TEs, 6 WRs, and a couple of RBs, so theres that.
I agree they did a great job, but I'm not gonna cry and mope around.

Last edited by D-Unit : 05-08-2013 at 01:30 AM.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 11:03 AM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
Nope, not till the season starts and Romo is getting chased around and beat to hell. Then when he hurries a throw and its picked off, it'll be all his fault again.

The greastest team of all time...The OKLAHOMA SOONERS!!! http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3849468
pocketaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 11:36 AM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pocketaces View Post
Nope, not till the season starts and Romo is getting chased around and beat to hell. Then when he hurries a throw and its picked off, it'll be all his fault again.
At least that won't happen until it happens. Your so determined to convince everyone right now that there is no hope for this team. I'm just not going there.
Old 05-08-2013, 11:46 AM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
The Titans have the much improved line, but at least you guys have a quarterback who can actually play in the NFL and do it at a high level.

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 12:12 PM    (permalink
dsc1600
Veteran

dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Too bad they have a QB who can't throw accurately.
dsc1600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 02:34 PM    (permalink
E-Man
Pro Bowler

E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I wished they went after another guard during the draft, but they seem content there due to Leary. Livings wasn't bad, but that's not good enough IMO since most of the others were terrible. Here's to hoping they get Winston and Leary or Arkin are ready.

Da riddum is too much for you.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nKx27QrgO0
E-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 02:54 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by E-Man View Post
I wished they went after another guard during the draft, but they seem content there due to Leary. Livings wasn't bad, but that's not good enough IMO since most of the others were terrible. Here's to hoping they get Winston and Leary or Arkin are ready.
Broaddus keeps repeating that the Cowboys don't think of Winston as an upgrade to Free. I may not like his scouting prowess all the time, but I do listen to him when he shares insider info.

I may not agree with the Cowboys opinion of Winston, but I think we cut Free, the direction we could go with is with Parnell as the starting RT. I guess he's as ready as can be. Strength coach Woick said Parnell now has the strongest hand punch he's ever seen. Nice to see Parnell's drive to get better. He's been developing with us for 2 seasons already. It's about time to take the leash off. We have some candidates for swing tackle...Weems could be that guy.

Last edited by D-Unit : 05-08-2013 at 02:58 PM.
Old 05-08-2013, 03:53 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm all aboard for Parnell at RT so long as Free is off this team and long gone. I have been for that, it's just going to be hard to talk myself into it after Clabo was cut and we dropped the ball on him because Parnell isn't that good, even if he is better then Free. Though I will say, if you watch the games with Parnell in at LT you would start to come around on him as a starter, he's certainly good enough to be a top gap for a year.

I keep hearing good things about Leary, but when is he gonna compete to start? This year? Also Brandon Moore is still out there as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 04:29 PM    (permalink
leroyisgod
Pro Bowler

leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I just keep wondering why this team hasn't just come out and backed Parnell as the new RT. Something has to be going on that they saw on tape from last year that doesn't give them confidence in him. That's just my gut feeling!

Signature courtesy of BoneKrusher
leroyisgod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 04:47 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by leroyisgod View Post
I just keep wondering why this team hasn't just come out and backed Parnell as the new RT. Something has to be going on that they saw on tape from last year that doesn't give them confidence in him. That's just my gut feeling!
Well, Jerry raved about him during the season, but that just kinda got swept under the rug a little because new offseasons are the time that people like to look for new upgrades.

We went through the offseason held up by Free. There was the chance at finding an upgrade through the draft but the cards didn't fall that way.

I don't think Parnell was necessarily their first option. But was always considered a solid back up option.

I think that as that back up option becomes closer to being a reality, then I think the pom poms will come out about how great the team views him. But right now, we're still stuck on Free. June 1st will be an interesting day for us.

Last edited by D-Unit : 05-08-2013 at 05:55 PM.
Old 05-08-2013, 06:10 PM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by leroyisgod View Post
You can't say something like that until Free agrees to a restructure. The team wants Free to be around at a lessened cost so it doesn't impact future caps.

I think ideally Dallas wants to have Free at a reduced cost and a competition with Parnell and letting the best man start. I think competition on the line is going to be great this year. Costa will compete for the OC spot to push Frederick to guard. Leary will compete for a OG spot.

As long as our line doesn't play as horrifically as last year we may have a powerful offense.
Trogdor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 06:31 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trogdor View Post
You can't say something like that until Free agrees to a restructure. The team wants Free to be around at a lessened cost so it doesn't impact future caps.

I think ideally Dallas wants to have Free at a reduced cost and a competition with Parnell and letting the best man start. I think competition on the line is going to be great this year. Costa will compete for the OC spot to push Frederick to guard. Leary will compete for a OG spot.

As long as our line doesn't play as horrifically as last year we may have a powerful offense.
One thing that hurt us last year was depth after all our injuries. People can criticize what they want about our offseason moves, but I really feel like we solidified our depth at a lof of areas that hurt us last year (C, RB, WR, LB, CB, S). We're not a perfect team, but I can sleep better at night.
Old 05-09-2013, 05:28 AM    (permalink
Witten4HOF
Veteran

Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Free is in an interesting situation, the team isn't asking him to restructure his contract, they are essentially creating a new contract worth less money and telling him he has to agree to the new terms or get cut. If he stays he is going to have his pay slash significantly but will have an opportunity to compete for his starting position. If he wants the guaranteed money he is going to wait this out until June 1st and then try to latch on to a team looking for tackle depth.

If Free actually cares about getting on the field then waiting to get cut is a gamble. Most teams have addressed their most glaring needs in the first waive of FA or in the draft and entering the pool this late leaves him with little leverage on the open market. His choices wither turn to latching on to a team that needs veteran tackle depth ( most likely for the minimum ) or sit on the market in hopes that a team picks him up mid season when injuries start to pile up.
Witten4HOF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 08:09 AM    (permalink
leroyisgod
Pro Bowler

leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Who would've thought that Doug Free would be one of the top 2 most talked about Cowboys this offseason.

Signature courtesy of BoneKrusher
leroyisgod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 09:27 AM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Broaddus keeps repeating that the Cowboys don't think of Winston as an upgrade to Free. I may not like his scouting prowess all the time, but I do listen to him when he shares insider info.

I may not agree with the Cowboys opinion of Winston, but I think we cut Free, the direction we could go with is with Parnell as the starting RT. I guess he's as ready as can be. Strength coach Woick said Parnell now has the strongest hand punch he's ever seen. Nice to see Parnell's drive to get better. He's been developing with us for 2 seasons already. It's about time to take the leash off. We have some candidates for swing tackle...Weems could be that guy.
Got to remember even though Broaddus was a member of the staff and does have connections...it doesn't mean that the information he gets is always accurate. Hell most of the time they are just his thoughts from what he knows about the organization...(which is better than any of us)

But I've seen the opposite said too. Like here
Quote:
As reported by the Dallas Morning News, former Cowboys scout Glenn "Stretch" Smith recently told 103.3 KESN-FM that the team likes Winston better than they did Tyson Clabo.

"What I’m hearing out there is that they really didn’t want Tyson Clabo," Smith said. "A lot of people had him as the highest-rated tackle. The people at Valley Ranch think Eric Winston is the more athletic of the two tackles that were available through free agency."

Smith, who worked for the Cowboys during the Chan Gailey and Dave Campo eras, told the station that Cowboys personnel thought Clabo wore down during the end of his last season with Atlanta and that he looked "old" and "slow." The team liked Winston better as a result, and Winston's Texas roots make him a good fit for Dallas.
It's a open competition at RT. If Free wants to be a Cowboy it's his choice. Winston is still an option so I don't think we are in any rush. If we really wanted to move on from Free we could designate his as a June 1st cut and pick up Winston tomorrow. But I think our organization would rather reduce his cost and go into camp with an open competition. RT wasn't that big of weakness that last 3 or 4 weeks of the season. So I don't think it's as big of a problem as we are all making it out to be. The problem is that it's the most noticeable and easy to talk about. I'd have to agree that Free and the organization are handling this whole situation very well. Some of us might be mad...but a deal will get done at some point and then we'll all have to find something else to talk about or ***** about the outcome haha.

Quote:
Joel Corry of the National Football Post outlined "A potential solution for Doug Free's situation" yesterday:

The best situation for everyone may be finding some sort of middle ground on a pay cut. [...] Jordan Gross’ pay cut with the Carolina Panthers could be used as a guide with Free. He was scheduled to make $8.7 million in 2013. [...] Gross took a 36.8% pay cut by reducing his salary to $5.5 million.

Free would be making a fully guaranteed $4.425 million in 2013 by accepting a similar salary percentage pay cut as Gross. Such a pay cut would be $925,000 more than Clabo’s 2013 compensation and would create $2.575 million of cap relief for the Cowboys. A pay cut to this level could be characterized as generous especially considering Free’s underwhelming 2012 performance and the average salary for starting tackles in 2012 was approximately $3.5 million. Free could also be given an opportunity to earn the majority of the money back through incentives.

Designs by me
Quote:
[00:37] <toonster> i mean, i can talk dirty
thule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 09:49 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thule View Post
RT wasn't that big of weakness that last 3 or 4 weeks of the season. So I don't think it's as big of a problem as we are all making it out to be .
That was because Parnell was rotating in quite frequently. Less Doug Free means less sucking.

Quote:
Old 05-09-2013, 02:44 PM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Sensy is resigning.... but not to play :) He's retiring as a Cowboy.

Quote:
Planning To Retire, Sensabaugh Re-Signs To End With Cowboys

More than two months after being released by the Cowboys, former safety Gerald Sensabaugh has been re-signed by the club.

But it won’t be for long. In fact, Sensbaugh’s playing career officially comes to an end as he plans to retire after eight seasons.

The former safety signed his paperwork Thursday morning at Valley Ranch. The club will move him to Reserved/Retired list on Friday.
Old 05-09-2013, 02:46 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

I wonder why? He only played here for a few years after Jacksonville. I always wonder why players want to do that when it's not like we were the team who drafted him.

Quote:
Old 05-09-2013, 02:50 PM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
I wonder why? He only played here for a few years after Jacksonville. I always wonder why players want to do that when it's not like we were the team who drafted him.
I imagine it stems from Dallas being the only team willing to give him a one year deal in 2009. He ended up playing the same amount of time with Jacksonville as he did with Dallas so aside from being drafted by JAX he really didn't have any additional pull to retire there.

*shrugs* It's not like he's going to be a ring of honor guy for either team so IMHO it doesn't really matter where he retired.
Old 05-09-2013, 03:07 PM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

Sad news. Brian Price has not been able to recover from his surgeries. We have waived/injured him. Also cut Aaron Corp.

Quote:
Cowboys | Make roster moves
Thu, 09 May 2013 12:48:07 -0700

The Dallas Cowboys waived-injured DT Brian Price and cut QB Aaron Corp Thursday, May 9.
Old 05-09-2013, 03:11 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Dallas is better than Jacksonville. LOL. Plus, maybe he wants to settle down here and being known as a Cowboy helps. :)

That was a fast 8 years. wow
Old 05-09-2013, 03:11 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

Price was such a good prospect until injuries hit him hard. Sucks because he would have been a good fit here but his career was over once he had to literally get his hamstrings re-attached to the bone. Oh well, I expected that when we signed him.

One thing that REALLY bothers me if we didn't go after Matt Scott. Ugh. Talk about the perfect QB to develop for 2-3 years, he's going to end up starting games in Jacksonville now.

Quote:
Old 05-09-2013, 03:22 PM    (permalink
E-Man
Pro Bowler

E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

I really hope that they don't believe that Winston is on the same level as Free. I hope like hell that they aren't that stupid. Free has sucked for two years so bad that he's gotta go.

Quote:
Jerry probably give them free cake and ice cream. No one can say no to that.

Da riddum is too much for you.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nKx27QrgO0
E-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 03:24 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trogdor View Post
Sad news. Brian Price has not been able to recover from his surgeries. We have waived/injured him. Also cut Aaron Corp.
Expected that for Price, but yea... Sad story.