Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 05-08-2013, 01:18 AM    (permalink
RufusMcDaniel
Mage Bros
Pro Bowler

RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm devastated, no more Tanev...who is going to produce for my team now.

Yes, you had to have a player from each team.

RufusMcDaniel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 08:48 AM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Look at that, the Sedin sisters still suck.
iowatreat54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 10:19 AM    (permalink
TimD
All-Pro

TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm obviously biased, but does anyone else think that Jimmy Howard got snubbed? I think he should have been a Vezina finalist over Antti Niemi.

Here's an interesting stat:
Red Wings win % when being out shot: .667
Sharks: .438

Aside from Bobrovksy, I don't think there was another goalie as important to his team this year.
Old 05-08-2013, 11:30 AM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Howard should not be a finalist, but I do think he's somewhat underrated.
Old 05-08-2013, 11:32 AM    (permalink
Wootylicous
All-NFLDC

Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I ******* hate the refs

#MoncriefArmy
Wootylicous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 11:32 AM    (permalink
Wootylicous
All-NFLDC

Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

#MoncriefArmy
Old 05-08-2013, 11:59 AM    (permalink
TimD
All-Pro

TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiomera View Post
Howard should not be a finalist, but I do think he's somewhat underrated.
I guess my point is that I think it was a coin flip between him and Niemi. I agree with you in that he is underrated. It will be interesting to see what direction Team USA goes if Howard keeps playing well next season.
Old 05-08-2013, 01:06 PM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm working with 2 Islander fans, I'll never hear the end of it if Pens lose.
MaxV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 01:08 PM    (permalink
Jensen
SWDC Mafia
All-Pro

Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimD View Post
I'm obviously biased, but does anyone else think that Jimmy Howard got snubbed? I think he should have been a Vezina finalist over Antti Niemi.

Here's an interesting stat:
Red Wings win % when being out shot: .667
Sharks: .438

Aside from Bobrovksy, I don't think there was another goalie as important to his team this year.
no. niemi was easily the sharks mvp this year and the only reason they won some 1-0 and 2-1 games because the offense couldn't score for ****. and don't say it's because of the sharks' defense either because we boast a defense that contains brad stuart, scott hannan, justin braun, and matt irwin on a daily basis who are all average at best defensively. and you could probably add dan boyle to that mix as well as he's declining.

and that stat is useless. some teams naturally shoot more, like the sharks, and when they aren't getting pucks on net they aren't winning. when the sharks weren't scoring, they weren't getting enough pucks on net and here's proof:

Quote:
Like Vancouver, San Jose's offensive production declined steeply year-over-year, though the Sharks' dropoff came almost entirely at even strength. Also like Vancouver, most of San Jose's problems came from a fall in shot generation rather than a significant fluctuation in shooting percentage. Superficially, their top forwards seem to have produced at similar rates, but it's worth noting that last season the Sharks had five forwards double digits in the black in shot attempts for and against 5-on-5; this year, only Thornton was +10 or better in that department over an average hour of even strength play.

BoneKrusher

Last edited by Jensen : 05-08-2013 at 01:11 PM.
Jensen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 02:03 PM    (permalink
TimD
All-Pro

Likewise, Jimmy Howard was clearly the Wings' mvp this year. I didn't intend to come off as bashing Niemi or unfairly complimenting Howard. I think the voting was probably very close because the drop off between 3 and 4 wasn't very big.
Old 05-08-2013, 02:11 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxV View Post
I'm working with 2 Islander fans, I'll never hear the end of it if Pens lose.
Islander fans always make me rethink rooting for the Isles. They are the worst.

Well, besides Penguins fans.
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 02:21 PM    (permalink
TimD
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMcGee View Post
Islander fans always make me rethink rooting for the Isles. They are the worst.

Well, besides Penguins fans.
The Islanders have a supporters section that attend every game. They stand and sing soccer fan style all game. It was pretty funny when there was no one attending the games, but now they lead the arena on chants.

Good and bad apples with every fan base... except for the Pens
Old 05-08-2013, 02:42 PM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I often go to Rangers' game (my boss has season tickets and can't always make it).

Plenty of bad apples.
MaxV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 03:18 PM    (permalink
Jensen
SWDC Mafia
All-Pro

Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimD View Post
Likewise, Jimmy Howard was clearly the Wings' mvp this year. I didn't intend to come off as bashing Niemi or unfairly complimenting Howard. I think the voting was probably very close because the drop off between 3 and 4 wasn't very big.
according to lebrun bob and niemi were the top two on voting lists with gm's he spoke with, with the third goalie varying.

BoneKrusher
Old 05-08-2013, 03:23 PM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Fleury getting benched. Can't do any worse.

Thanks to The Dynasty for the sig
Smooth Criminal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 03:24 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Can't pretend to have watched a majority of anyone's games, but Niemi definitely wins the eyeball test from what I saw of him this year. He looked darn good.
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 10:01 PM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Blues vs Kings game looks exactly like it did in game 4. Kings seem to play real conservative in the first half of the game and the start turning it on, by the time the 3rd period gets here the Blues will have nothing left
Old 05-08-2013, 10:29 PM    (permalink
Wootylicous
All-NFLDC

#MoncriefArmy
Old 05-08-2013, 10:59 PM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That last 30 seconds pretty much symbolized why I hate jackman so much. Kings dump it in, Jackman chasing it down, instead of getting to the puck and getting it out of the zone, he slows down so he can knock a kings player down. leads to the kings maintaining possession in the blues zone and leads to jackman taking a dumb penalty
Old 05-08-2013, 11:04 PM    (permalink
Jensen
SWDC Mafia
All-Pro

i don't think ryan o'byrne could have played krejci more terribly than he did on that game winning goal. the 2nd man was obviously covered so he doesn't even play krejci until he's all the way to the goal. nice job.

BoneKrusher
Old 05-08-2013, 11:57 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

******* pathetic power play, Red Wings.

I'll take Backes and Carter in the OT game.
Old 05-09-2013, 12:45 AM    (permalink
Scotty D
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So much overtime
Old 05-09-2013, 12:49 AM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Selanne and Eaves. I was really hoping to get some sleep tonight, thanks a lot Wings.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 12:53 AM    (permalink
pierce2walker
Pro Bowler

pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hell yeah Kings
Old 05-09-2013, 12:54 AM    (permalink
KCJ58
Icon

KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Slava for the OT win! What a win. what a game. What a comeback down 2-0

KCJ58 is offline   Reply With Quote