Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2015 NFL Draft Forum

2015 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2015 NFL Draft

Old 05-07-2013, 07:13 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by armageddon View Post
The Rams are extremely scary.

best sentence in the article
Worst sentence in the article.

It's on Bradford. He has no excuses now.

The truly scary thing is that I'm also a perpetual Palmer apologist so the Cards are annoying also... something's gotta give out West.
gpngc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 08:24 PM    (permalink
BigBanger
Veteran

BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I haven't even watched the third day of the draft yet. I recorded it on NFLN, and after two days I have no desire to even put myself through a third day with the amount of time the NFL and the NFLN wastes on such stupid bull****. It's so annoying. I wasn't able to watch much of the draft live, but from what I saw live (I was watching it on ESPN), and the coverage looked so much better. Granted they gave Boomer the boot after day one and plugged in Wingo (I do believe), who's just so much better than Eisen / Boomer because he leaves his worthless opinions out unless he's cracking jokes or breaking balls (which is nothing more that a setup for discussion).

Mayock is a much better analyst than anything on ESPN, and I kinda wish ESPN would snatch him up and pair him with Kiper (probably too much ego to actually pull it off). Because Kiper is, simply put, the ultimate guru. He's a draft junkie. All he wants to do is talk about each and every player in each and every round, no matter how inconsequential they may be. Show highlights while talking about some general scouting strengths and weakness of each player and then their production. That's all he wants to do. He doesn't want to still there and talk about Geno Smith and Mark Sanchez for thirty minutes after the pick. Or some Manti Te'o and Junior Seau connection.

Rich Eisen, who I've just about had it with, is turning into such an annoying **** that I almost can't stand watching anything NFLN related (its boarding on my Chris Berman hatred). The NFLN is no longer the bee's knees. When Eisen was yelling and screaming Tebow's name constantly during the Senior Bowl and NFL Draft like he was being forced to talk about him (mocking how much they talked about him), it was funny. Still annoying, but he made it less annoying. Now, you can tell that all he wants to do is talk about some overhyped worthless fourth round talents like Geno Smith and Matt Barkley. That's all. Non stop.

It's draft day (or weekend). How about we focus on the draft? Or the players getting drafted? Most people watch just to wait for their teams pick. You got months to do nothing but talk about Geno and Te'o. Just ******* save it. I don't need the immediate, "What's it all mean? Geno!!!! Tebow's still on the roster!!! With Sanchez?!?!?!? And David Gerrard!!! How? Why? Do we have a camera on Mark Sanchez right now? What's his reaction? Get him on the phone!!! Check his twitter!!!!"

I thought the draft was making improvements by not showing players celebrate before the picks were announced. I thought they were trying to make progress. The first went well. But rounds two or three? After the picks back logged? Instead they're told the pick and then they start saying its going to be down two or three players. When the Begals took Bernard, Mayock, who already knew the pick, says its not going to be Lacy, but he thinks it could be Bernard. What was his reasoning? The Bengals were 11th in punt return yards. And then he sat there and looked at his stats like what he just said made any sense. And then he realized it didn't. Like that's a good reasoning. You take a change of pace back high in the second round because you need a compliment and because they're only 11th in punt return yards. Oh my, how terrible. 11th. He started, even before the pick was announced, trying to defend it, then he realized, the Bengals kinda don't need that. Not in round 2. Not to return punts.

You might as well not even show the random asshole they have come up to the podium to start stuttering and stammering through a name and selection that they can't even pronounce. But that's only after the commissioner introduces them and they share a forced handshake and several seconds of dead, awkward silence. It's so awful. Talk about making the process as long as possible. And as boring as possible.

It's the like NFL is going out of their way to destroy a perfect product. Keep it simple, stupid!!!!! The commissioner can announce them for the first two days, and then let that ***** Ray Anderson announce the third day. I don't need to see people in wheelchairs or old geezers who can barely speak or walk. Save it for another day.

And you know what else we could do to make the draft better. Stop inviting the players. It's a colossal waste of time. I've always felt this way, but the more players they invite the worse it gets. Do I really need to watch them sit in the green room, hug and kiss people, walk out on stage, point to the crowd, hug the commissioner, take photos and then give the most worthless interview you could ever imagine? Do I need to see this? Just listening to some of these assholes ask such stupid questions is almost too much take, but listening to these players respond... I really almost want to eat a gun.

It's so easy to make the draft entertaining and, most important, informative. It's a ******* circus.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PossibleCabbage View Post
I would like it if there were more successful black Quarterbacks in the NFL...
Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
iamcandian lives in a cabin in the Yukon Territory and writes letters to railroad barons about the price of hard tack.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GatorsBullsFan View Post
I could possibly see Matthew Stafford Dropping out of the 1st round
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoRavens View Post
Tahj Boyd has the best fundamentals of any QB in this class, I think his game translates great to the NFL.
BigBanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 02:32 AM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I agree and appreciate your thinking towards the Bills draft and their pick of EJ.

The post above me is legit.

Sig by the King BK

Fear the Spear - Winston Era has begun....
Quote:
"I wasn't going to lose to Miami, no matter what," Freeman said. "It means a lot to go out there and beat them. Every time I get a chance, I want to destroy them."
BallerT1215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 03:03 AM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Love your comment about Drake Dunsmore being a boss. Shame he retired last week.

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 12:14 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBanger View Post
I haven't even watched the third day of the draft yet. I recorded it on NFLN, and after two days I have no desire to even put myself through a third day with the amount of time the NFL and the NFLN wastes on such stupid bull****. It's so annoying. I wasn't able to watch much of the draft live, but from what I saw live (I was watching it on ESPN), and the coverage looked so much better. Granted they gave Boomer the boot after day one and plugged in Wingo (I do believe), who's just so much better than Eisen / Boomer because he leaves his worthless opinions out unless he's cracking jokes or breaking balls (which is nothing more that a setup for discussion).

Mayock is a much better analyst than anything on ESPN, and I kinda wish ESPN would snatch him up and pair him with Kiper (probably too much ego to actually pull it off). Because Kiper is, simply put, the ultimate guru. He's a draft junkie. All he wants to do is talk about each and every player in each and every round, no matter how inconsequential they may be. Show highlights while talking about some general scouting strengths and weakness of each player and then their production. That's all he wants to do. He doesn't want to still there and talk about Geno Smith and Mark Sanchez for thirty minutes after the pick. Or some Manti Te'o and Junior Seau connection.

Rich Eisen, who I've just about had it with, is turning into such an annoying **** that I almost can't stand watching anything NFLN related (its boarding on my Chris Berman hatred). The NFLN is no longer the bee's knees. When Eisen was yelling and screaming Tebow's name constantly during the Senior Bowl and NFL Draft like he was being forced to talk about him (mocking how much they talked about him), it was funny. Still annoying, but he made it less annoying. Now, you can tell that all he wants to do is talk about some overhyped worthless fourth round talents like Geno Smith and Matt Barkley. That's all. Non stop.

It's draft day (or weekend). How about we focus on the draft? Or the players getting drafted? Most people watch just to wait for their teams pick. You got months to do nothing but talk about Geno and Te'o. Just ******* save it. I don't need the immediate, "What's it all mean? Geno!!!! Tebow's still on the roster!!! With Sanchez?!?!?!? And David Gerrard!!! How? Why? Do we have a camera on Mark Sanchez right now? What's his reaction? Get him on the phone!!! Check his twitter!!!!"

I thought the draft was making improvements by not showing players celebrate before the picks were announced. I thought they were trying to make progress. The first went well. But rounds two or three? After the picks back logged? Instead they're told the pick and then they start saying its going to be down two or three players. When the Begals took Bernard, Mayock, who already knew the pick, says its not going to be Lacy, but he thinks it could be Bernard. What was his reasoning? The Bengals were 11th in punt return yards. And then he sat there and looked at his stats like what he just said made any sense. And then he realized it didn't. Like that's a good reasoning. You take a change of pace back high in the second round because you need a compliment and because they're only 11th in punt return yards. Oh my, how terrible. 11th. He started, even before the pick was announced, trying to defend it, then he realized, the Bengals kinda don't need that. Not in round 2. Not to return punts.

You might as well not even show the random asshole they have come up to the podium to start stuttering and stammering through a name and selection that they can't even pronounce. But that's only after the commissioner introduces them and they share a forced handshake and several seconds of dead, awkward silence. It's so awful. Talk about making the process as long as possible. And as boring as possible.

It's the like NFL is going out of their way to destroy a perfect product. Keep it simple, stupid!!!!! The commissioner can announce them for the first two days, and then let that ***** Ray Anderson announce the third day. I don't need to see people in wheelchairs or old geezers who can barely speak or walk. Save it for another day.

And you know what else we could do to make the draft better. Stop inviting the players. It's a colossal waste of time. I've always felt this way, but the more players they invite the worse it gets. Do I really need to watch them sit in the green room, hug and kiss people, walk out on stage, point to the crowd, hug the commissioner, take photos and then give the most worthless interview you could ever imagine? Do I need to see this? Just listening to some of these assholes ask such stupid questions is almost too much take, but listening to these players respond... I really almost want to eat a gun.

It's so easy to make the draft entertaining and, most important, informative. It's a ******* circus.
What they put forth is the product they believe the majority of viewers want to see.

People. Not football.

Having the draftees there is a bridge to the people. They could give us a bridge to the football player with highlights, film cutups, and actual analysis, but viewers don't care about or relate to football players as much as they care about people.
gpngc is offline   Reply With Quote