Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 05-10-2013, 01:28 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bert Macklin View Post
This actually very much surprises me. Wonder what the ratings have been?
I'm not surprised by the Defiance renewal at all. Sure this is PR spin by Syfy, but the numbers are accurate:

Quote:
The audience for its April 15 premiere was the second largest series premiere in the network’s history among adults 18-49, making it the biggest in nearly nine years in that coveted demographic, based on Live +7 Data. The premiere also delivered almost 4 million viewers (3,834,000) and has quickly become Syfy’s highest-rated original series this year in adults 18-49, adults 25-54 and total viewers. It has also received unprecedented attention as a transmedia event in partnership with Trion Worlds’ MMO game. Airing Mondays at 9pm, Defiance stars Grant Bowler, Julie Benz, Stephanie Leonidas, Tony Curran, Jaime Murray, Graham Greene and Mia Kirshner.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 01:32 PM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Nothing with Julie Benz should ever get canceled.
Bert Macklin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 01:34 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Nothing with Julie Benz should ever get canceled.
Well we can at least agree on that.

Old 05-10-2013, 01:41 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I enjoyed the entire season of Community (especially the finale) you people analyze **** too much.

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 01:44 PM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
Well we can at least agree on that.
we dont disagree on that much...
Old 05-10-2013, 01:48 PM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

:fingerscrossed:

Quote:
Variety reported Cynthia Littleton tweeted this two hours ago:

"FWIW, nothing solid yet but "Community"-NBC talks continue and indications seem more hopeful than earlier in day."

Deadline.com reported yesterday afternoon that Sony were in negotiations regarding picking up their pilots and renewing Community. Blacklist is supposedly NBC's best drama pilot and it's from Sony, and NBC want to pick it up. NBC won't decide the fate of their other pilots until they finish their business with Sony regarding Blacklist, Community, and the other Sony pilots. Sony are very famous for cutting great deals to networks to get their show's renewed for syndication purposes.

I looked around Twitter and many TV insiders with knowledge of how NBC have negotiated in the past regarding cult shows/shows with low ratings believe that Sony and NBC are haggling over the episode count for Season 5, and that Sony will likely be willing to completely cut the license fee for a higher episode order to get more syndication episodes. There's also talk that the Blacklist pickup will tie in with a Community renewal.
Old 05-10-2013, 02:52 PM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

It's been fun Michael & Sam

Quote:
Burn Notice is coming to an end. THR broke the news, revealing the show's upcoming Season 7 will be the final season for the show.

“Burn Notice has had an incredible run over the last six years, and we could not be more proud of the extraordinary talent both in front of and behind the cameras who have collectively made this show into one of the most popular and lauded shows on TV today,” said Chris McCumber, USA Network co-president.

“From day one, Burn Notice's characters, storylines and mythology have consistently captivated a massive audience, and this final season will raise the stakes even higher, leading up to a spectacular series finale,” added Jeff Wachtel, USA Network co-president.

As THR notes, Burn Notice will pass 100 episodes with Season 7, which few cable series achieve.
USA is open to continuing the franchise in "different iterations" says THR, though it remains to be seen what that might mean. One possibility is standalone TV movies, such as The Fall of Sam Axe prequel Bruce Campbell starred in.
Burn Notice: Season 7 debuts on June 6th.
Also

Quote:
The comedy Undateable comes from Bill Lawrence, the creator of Scrubs and Cougar Town, about a group of "undateable" guys whose lives change when a more confident friend joins their world.
Old 05-10-2013, 03:10 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I'm not surprised by the Defiance renewal at all. Sure this is PR spin by Syfy, but the numbers are accurate:
Did you (or anyone else for that matter) watch Terra Nova? I feel like Defiance is Terra Nova with aliens so far.

I'm glad it got renewed because I want to see where they go with it, and they do have some interesting possibile storylines. I hope they get into more back stories/flashbacks for when some of the alien characters came to Earth or during the first war.
iowatreat54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 03:28 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by iowatreat54 View Post
Did you (or anyone else for that matter) watch Terra Nova? I feel like Defiance is Terra Nova with aliens so far.

I'm glad it got renewed because I want to see where they go with it, and they do have some interesting possibile storylines. I hope they get into more back stories/flashbacks for when some of the alien characters came to Earth or during the first war.
I did see Terra Nova, and it was basically a drama with a few dinosaurs every once in a while. Defiance is gunna have to make it a show that is more than that to stick around long term, but I like it so far.

Old 05-10-2013, 03:40 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I did see Terra Nova, and it was basically a drama with a few dinosaurs every once in a while. Defiance is gunna have to make it a show that is more than that to stick around long term, but I like it so far.
I mean it's only been a handful of episodes, and I understand it's called Defiance for a reason, but other than the stuff with the former mayor and then the story with what they find in Luke's mine shaft, it just seems like they aren't really developing a main story line. The story is just the day to day experiences of the lawkeeper in a town called Defiance.

They need to develop a main story, either with the shady former mayor, the powers/abilities of Irisa and how it relates to the other races or why they came to Earth, or anything. I was worried when it started that limiting the show to only the town of Defiance would not be interesting enough.
iowatreat54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 04:50 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

TNT cancels Southland.

edit: Go On got canceled too. Damnit. I really liked that show.

Old 05-10-2013, 05:07 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

WTF? I thought Go On was doing well ratings wise? That show's a lot of fun.

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 05:17 PM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosebud View Post
WTF? I thought Go On was doing well ratings wise? That show's a lot of fun.
NBC must have a new EXEC coming in.
Old 05-10-2013, 05:43 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So lame. At least Episodes and Web Therapy will be back soon to give me my ex-Friends fix

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 06:11 PM    (permalink
Naga114
Rookie

Naga114 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Naga114 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Naga114 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Naga114 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Naga114 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Naga114 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Naga114 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Naga114 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Naga114 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Naga114 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Naga114 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
NBC must have a new EXEC coming in.
What does "EXEC" mean ?
Old 05-10-2013, 06:14 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Yeah Go On was a cute, fun show. That sucks because I really did like it, but the ratings were kinda piss poor. All of the NBC comedies get ****** ratings, but at least we're getting P&R back.

Old 05-10-2013, 06:26 PM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naga114 View Post
What does "EXEC" mean ?
Didn't mean to bold it. "Executive". They have Mary go round with shows when new executives come in.

Also

Some of this sounds good and there's a rip off of Chuck kind of.

Quote:
CBS have begun their new series orders for next season, bringing several notable stars to the network.

Four comedies have been picked up so far and two dramas.

Robin Williams and Sarah Michelle Gellar play a father and daughter who work together in Crazy Ones, from David E. Kelley. James Wolk (Lone Star, Mad Men) is also among the cast. Another notable parent/child dynamic comes via Margo Martindale (Justified, The Americans) and Beau Bridges as Will Arnett's parents, who move back in with him, in The Millers, from My Name is Earl and Raising Hope creator Greg Garcia. JB Smoove, Mary Elizabeth Ellis and Michael Rapaport also star.

We Are Men focuses on a young guy (Chris Smith) bonding with his more experienced neighbors (Kal Penn, Jerry O'Connell, Tony Shalhoub) in a rental complex.

The incredibly successful Chuck Lorre will now have four series on CBS at once, now that they've ordered his new show, Mom, starring Anna Faris as a newly-sober single mom, alongside Allison Janney and Nate Corddry.

On the drama side, Lost's Josh Holloway stars in Intelligence, which has a Chuck-like setup about a U.S. Cyber Command agent implanted with a chip that allows him to access the entire "electromagnetic spectrum." Once Upon a Time's Meghan Ory also stars.

Toni Collette stars in the Jerry Bruckheimer produced Hostages - a conspiracy theory thriller in which a surgeon's family is taken hostage after she is tasked with performing surgery on the president of the United States. The cast includes Dylan McDermott and Tate Donovan.

CBS are expected to make more pick ups soon, with their Upfront next Wednesday. Still not announced yet is the high profile Beverly Hills Cop, from Shawn Ryan (The Shield), which is seen as very likely to be picked up.
[link=(http://m.ign.com/articles/2013/05/10...holloway)]LINK[/link]
Old 05-10-2013, 08:39 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Community renewed for season 5!
Old 05-10-2013, 08:45 PM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Quote:
Unhappy news for my fellow Happy Endings fans, as ABC has cancelled the well-reviewed but ratings-challenged series. This is not a surprise, as Happy Endings had a tough time all season, with ABC moving it around, trying it on different nights (remember it airing Sundays at 10pm?) and ultimately doubling up on episodes on Friday nights, in what seemed like a classic burn off scenario.
There have been some reports that USA had some interest in possibly picking up the series, should ABC cancel it. As yet though, there's no confirmation that will occur. THR notes that Sony, who produce the series, are shopping it to several potential new homes.
http://m.ign.com/articles/2013/05/11...ncelled-by-abc
Old 05-10-2013, 08:48 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by CashmoneyDrew View Post
Community renewed for season 5!
Yeah I just saw that. I'm surprised but super happy. I thought this season was better than a lot of people thought. And more Alison Brie is always good.

Really sad about Happy Endings. So underrated.

Old 05-10-2013, 08:49 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Please USA, please please please!!!
Old 05-10-2013, 08:51 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

USA has been trying to develop a solid 30 minute block for a year or two, so I think Happy Endings could play in really well there. They're airing Modern Family repeats soon as part of their comedy block, and I think it would be a great pairing with Happy Endings and some of their own developed stuff.

I think it's a long shot though. :(

Old 05-10-2013, 08:57 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We've probably collectively seen enough USA shows to be able to make one of our own. I'm sure they'd pick it up. Just start tossing out notable but middling actors, warm cities, and sexy professions. Toss in a neurotic sidekick and some cuties. Profit.
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 10:14 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMcGee View Post
We've probably collectively seen enough USA shows to be able to make one of our own. I'm sure they'd pick it up. Just start tossing out notable but middling actors, warm cities, and sexy professions. Toss in a neurotic sidekick and some cuties. Profit.
Two guys who meet on a message board decide to move in together in a new city that neither of them have ever lived. I smell 50 episode commitment!

(Also if you wanted to move in with me that would be totally cool too. Just throwin that out there McGee.)

Old 05-10-2013, 10:16 PM    (permalink
pierce2walker
Pro Bowler

pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Do it USA. Need more Happy Endings!