Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 05-08-2013, 11:55 PM    (permalink
RufusMcDaniel
Mage Bros
Pro Bowler

RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Etem and Smith

RufusMcDaniel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 12:13 AM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

******* defense. 5 rookies on the ice for the Wings at time of the goal, basically.
Old 05-09-2013, 05:38 AM    (permalink
Don Vito
Team Leader
All-Pro

Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

David Krejci is so damn good in the playoffs. He is always a great player but he consistently steps up in the postseason, criminally underrated. Bergeron has started to get recognized as one of the better players in the league recently, but I think Krejci is right there with him. Both of them, especially Bergeron, have been on the team for what seems like forever and they are still just 27. Those two and Chara are the foundation of the team.

Feed Moncrief
Don Vito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 05:44 AM    (permalink
cmarq83
Pro Bowler

cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Vito View Post
David Krejci is so damn good in the playoffs. He is always a great player but he consistently steps up in the postseason, criminally underrated. Bergeron has started to get recognized as one of the better players in the league recently, but I think Krejci is right there with him. Both of them, especially Bergeron, have been on the team for what seems like forever and they are still just 27. Those two and Chara are the foundation of the team.
David Krejci was money in our cup run, and has been great so far this year. However, he's always been one of my least favorite players on the Bruins. He has a tendency to carry for too long and disappears for long stretches of time. Unlike Bergeron he doesn't contribute as well when his line isn't scoring.

All I can say is thank god for Dion Phaneuf. His pinch was atrocious last night, and was the main reason the Bruins escaped with the win despite being hugely outplayed in OT.
cmarq83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 08:37 AM    (permalink
dabears10
All-Pro

dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ovechkin!

Thanks to BoneKrusher Credit and Rep to him for the sig.

dabears10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 09:34 AM    (permalink
Don Vito
Team Leader
All-Pro

Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmarq83 View Post
David Krejci was money in our cup run, and has been great so far this year. However, he's always been one of my least favorite players on the Bruins. He has a tendency to carry for too long and disappears for long stretches of time. Unlike Bergeron he doesn't contribute as well when his line isn't scoring.

All I can say is thank god for Dion Phaneuf. His pinch was atrocious last night, and was the main reason the Bruins escaped with the win despite being hugely outplayed in OT.
You have to remember he is usually playing with Horton and Lucic, two of the more inconsistent players around. Lucic had an off year and Horton was hurt/shaking off the rust for a while. When those two are on that line is pretty damn tough to stop, but Krejci always finds a way to make an impact. He is not the defensive forward that Bergeron is, but he is arguably the best in the game in that department. It's tough to compare him to Bergeron because he is one of a kind and is arguably the MVP of the team. Krejci brings something different to the table, he is capable defensively and is a great offensive player. He is more than just a playmaker and he plays a tougher game then people give him credit for. Just quietly and conistently gets it done.

Feed Moncrief
Don Vito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 10:42 AM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Krejci is totally a playoff stud. Always impresses me.

Price is done for the playoffs, so that should be fun. As unfortunate as his situation is, I'm pretty sure you can not trust a Canadian goaltender anymore. Chicago will find out as much.
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 11:07 AM    (permalink
Jensen
SWDC Mafia
All-Pro

Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dabears10 View Post
Ovechkin!

BoneKrusher
Jensen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 03:08 PM    (permalink
TimD
All-Pro

TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I got into a long discussion regarding that play with my friend. While I'm not excusing Ovi's apparent laziness, he isn't at fault at all for that goal. That angle is terrible for actually showing the play. There were 4 Caps down low defending 3 Rangers and they got burnt. Ovi was up top covering, albeit lazily, the point.

In order for Ovechkin to pick up Nash, he would have had to abandon his point when Cally initially sent the puck towards the net. In that case, the D-man would have had a free path down the slot to the net. Richards would have most likely found the pinching D-man to set up a quality scoring chance. He may have looked like an ass in that situation, but he played his position. That goal isn't on him.

I did laugh when I saw the Xbox controller gif though.
Old 05-09-2013, 09:32 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Wild have to be the worst finishing team in the playoffs. Overall they've played the Blackhawks relatively evenly through this series, but no one can put the ******* puck in the net. So frustrating to watch.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 09:53 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo123 View Post
The Wild have to be the worst finishing team in the playoffs. Overall they've played the Blackhawks relatively evenly through this series, but no one can put the ******* puck in the net. So frustrating to watch.
The Blackhawks seem to be finishing every single opportunity. Just such a good team. Wild put one on the board mlments after hitting the post.

tjsunstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 12:38 AM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo123 View Post
It seemed like the Wild were getting a lot of chances in pretty close that Crawford would just absorb. Hawks got better chances on breaks, set plays, and open shots. Minnesota made for some great games in 1 and 3 but Chicago was just too much. It's been a refrain from you guys, but you really need some defensive help.

Anyway, I love how Frolik has redefined his game in Chicago. Beast penalty killer and he looked like he could still pitch in when bumped up onto the top lines during the year. Maybe not the toughest thing to do in Chicago, but he reminds me of Danny Paille West at times.
Old 05-10-2013, 04:44 PM    (permalink
djp
Team Leader
Icon

djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMcGee View Post
It seemed like the Wild were getting a lot of chances in pretty close that Crawford would just absorb. Hawks got better chances on breaks, set plays, and open shots. Minnesota made for some great games in 1 and 3 but Chicago was just too much. It's been a refrain from you guys, but you really need some defensive help.

Anyway, I love how Frolik has redefined his game in Chicago. Beast penalty killer and he looked like he could still pitch in when bumped up onto the top lines during the year. Maybe not the toughest thing to do in Chicago, but he reminds me of Danny Paille West at times.
It's amazing what happens to a fringy top 6 forward when they finally realize that they need to figure out how to be a damn 3rd or 4th line player.

That's why I'm so excited about Charlie Coyle. This kid isn't there yet offensively, but he's already good enough to be one of the best 3rd liners in the NHL, at worst. His floor is just so high. And I tend to think he's got a lot of offensive upside left in his game.

As for the Wild, well, you pretty much said it my friend. We can only hope Scandella is as solid next year as he was in the playoffs, and that Matt Dumba is as big of a beast as I'm anticipating.

Last edited by djp : 05-10-2013 at 04:47 PM.
djp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 04:53 PM    (permalink
slightlyaraiderfan
All-NFLDC

slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i'm going to the game tonight!

#gokingsgo
Old 05-10-2013, 04:55 PM    (permalink
djp
Team Leader
Icon

djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ok Islanders, I'm on board. Wild are out, so **** it. Johnny T is the man.
Old 05-10-2013, 05:11 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

I can only imagine how the tide might have turned if he had scored after stickhandling the puck through Martin so many times. He really is the man.

Really hoping the Blues can push that series to 7. That would be so fun.
Old 05-10-2013, 06:08 PM    (permalink
slightlyaraiderfan
All-NFLDC

slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Really hoping the Kings can close this out in 6. That would be so fun.
Old 05-10-2013, 06:55 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

So Brassard has been pretty great for the Rangers. Leading scorer and winning 2 of every 3 faceoffs. Depth scoring really playing a big part for the Rangers with their stars unproductive.
Old 05-10-2013, 09:38 PM    (permalink
Scotty D
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

******* Wings 3-1 late in the 3rd and now its overtime

sig by BoneKrusher
Scotty D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 09:41 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

Fun overtime in Washington. Bunch of chances, some back and forth movement. Ribeiro ends it, standing up and facing the cage at the top of the crease.
Old 05-10-2013, 11:40 PM    (permalink
pierce2walker
Pro Bowler

pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Kingzzzz babayyyy. I don't know how they keep winning these games.
Old 05-10-2013, 11:43 PM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Blues outplayed the Kings 5 of the 6 games. Such a horrible feeling. Better team didn't win. Quick owned that series.
Old 05-10-2013, 11:46 PM    (permalink
pierce2walker
Pro Bowler

pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Blues definitely outplayed the Kings on the whole, but riding the hot goalie always tends to work.
Old 05-10-2013, 11:54 PM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

David Backes looks like he wants to kill someone.
Old 05-11-2013, 08:09 AM    (permalink
Job Reborn
Veteran

Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by holt_bruce81 View Post
Blues outplayed the Kings 5 of the 6 games. Such a horrible feeling. Better team didn't win. Quick owned that series.
I know that feeling.
Job Reborn is offline   Reply With Quote