Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 04-23-2007, 08:01 PM    (permalink
PACKmanN
All-Pro

PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
If theyre running WCO, they should get Calvin Johnson in the 1st, and a 2nd round qb.

Russell should be in an Air Coryell system. I don't like him as a qb anyway, but still.
samething can be said about Johnson, why stick him in a WCO when he has the skills to go deep and jump for the ball. They should get Russell or trade down and get Thomas who has been in a ZBS.
Old 04-23-2007, 08:08 PM    (permalink
Veteran

255979119 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PACKmanN View Post
samething can be said about Johnson, why stick him in a WCO when he has the skills to go deep and jump for the ball. They should get Russell or trade down and get Thomas who has been in a ZBS.
I think theyre a little gun shy about drafting tackles that high now.

Say hi to Robert Gallery kids.
255979119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2007, 10:02 PM    (permalink
Komp
Veteran

Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 255979119 View Post
Say hi to Robert Gallery kids.

Robert Gallery is going to break out this year and be a solid OT. This of course would still make him a small bust, but he will be good this year. I think Tom Cable will finally tap into that potential. Anyways, I totally agree with you on the Raiders avoiding Thomas. Why draft one OT in the top 5 when you are still waiting for the last one to pan out.

Sig by fenikz! Cheers!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Mr. Dukes comes from the Michael Irvin "talk loud and maybe people will think I know what I am talking about" school of football analysis.
Komp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2007, 10:19 PM    (permalink
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Komp View Post
Robert Gallery is going to break out this year and be a solid OT. This of course would still make him a small bust, but he will be good this year. I think Tom Cable will finally tap into that potential. Anyways, I totally agree with you on the Raiders avoiding Thomas. Why draft one OT in the top 5 when you are still waiting for the last one to pan out.
Im calling Gallery a bust because you dont give that kind of money, or draft a player that high for a RT. Dont get me wrong, I like Robert. And I do believe he will have a good year, but my opinion wont change the fear of having a LT fail for 3 years.
Old 04-23-2007, 10:22 PM    (permalink
Draft King
All-Pro

Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acreboy View Post
If Mike Williams could get his attitude straight Sean Payton and Drew Brees could make him a hall of famer.
Let's not get ahead of ourselves here.
Draft King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2007, 10:27 PM    (permalink
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draft King View Post
({-QFT-})

That is my ten characters....
Old 04-23-2007, 10:49 PM    (permalink
Komp
Veteran

Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 255979119 View Post
Im calling Gallery a bust because you dont give that kind of money, or draft a player that high for a RT. Dont get me wrong, I like Robert. And I do believe he will have a good year, but my opinion wont change the fear of having a LT fail for 3 years.
So if Gallery turns out to be a solid starting OT for the next 6-7 years you'd still call him a major bust because it took him a while to get there? I dunno about that...however, he hasn't shown the ability to do that as of yet, and I would consider him a bust at this moment.

Anyways, this thread is about Mike Williams, not Gallery, so we'll let it continue on that topic...

Sig by fenikz! Cheers!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Mr. Dukes comes from the Michael Irvin "talk loud and maybe people will think I know what I am talking about" school of football analysis.
Komp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2007, 11:00 PM    (permalink
asmitty45
Veteran

asmitty45 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Take him, please

fenikz

"Pride comes before the fall" - Mark Dantonio

35-21
asmitty45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2007, 11:02 PM    (permalink
BuckNaked
All-NFLDC

BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draft King View Post
Why? I believe Mike Williams will be the greatest wide reciever, possibly in the history of football.
BuckNaked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2007, 11:13 PM    (permalink
SuperKevin
Icon

SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Teyo Johnson part 2?
SuperKevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2007, 03:09 AM    (permalink
Stash
Pro Bowler

Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckNaked View Post
Why? I believe Mike Williams will be the greatest wide reciever, possibly in the history of football.
I really hope that was a joke. If it wasn't, you should be ashamed to show your face around here. The guy is a bust. He is lazy, fat, and slow; how does that translate to the greatest WR ever?
Stash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2007, 03:27 AM    (permalink
reinar
Rookie

reinar hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I think the best thing for the lions is to deal McCown and MWilliams to Oakland, getting something in return for them, before they both leave or get cut.

let McCown start the year as the QB, and then fade out as Russell takes over. Let MW try to get a spot as the 3rd WR there and see if he can light up his career after pocketing all his guarenteed money for nothing in return.
Old 04-24-2007, 09:11 AM    (permalink
eacantdraft
Pro Bowler

eacantdraft smells like sex panther.

Both Gallery and Mike Williams are busts.
eacantdraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2007, 10:19 AM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Unless your QB is a lefty, you don't take a RT #2 overall. I'm with those that voiced that sentiment. Gallery was supposed to be a franchise LT. Scott billed him as "just a level below Tony Boselli" in his initial scouting report. Gallery was also called the "safest pick" in the draft. He has performed fine, but in comparison to his draft status, he was not good. Unless Gallery gets to a few Pro Bowls at RT (unlikely), he will be considered a bust, but not a massive one.

Williams is a bust right now, but he has more time to turn it around. He really hasn't seen the field.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

bsaza2358 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2007, 12:24 PM    (permalink
rickscott
Veteran

rickscott hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Mike Williams is a loser. Maybe if the guy dedicated himself to being a good football player, he just may succeed. Send him to the Raiders so he can suck closer to home.
rickscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2007, 12:34 PM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That post had no positive or redeeming value at all. I wouldn't classify a guy who has struggled in part because the court system screwed him over as a loser. Williams got unlucky with the courts, and he had to spend a year out of football training for the draft. It is very hard to stay in football shape and also come in and produce when you're not on a team and not actually playing. For his rookie year, Williams was trying to adjust and was out of shape. Right after, the Lions changed coaches and brought in the Martz system, which doesn't fit Williams' style at all.

I consider this more bad luck than anything else.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

Old 04-24-2007, 01:41 PM    (permalink
eacantdraft
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsaza2358 View Post
That post had no positive or redeeming value at all. I wouldn't classify a guy who has struggled in part because the court system screwed him over as a loser. Williams got unlucky with the courts, and he had to spend a year out of football training for the draft. It is very hard to stay in football shape and also come in and produce when you're not on a team and not actually playing. For his rookie year, Williams was trying to adjust and was out of shape. Right after, the Lions changed coaches and brought in the Martz system, which doesn't fit Williams' style at all.

I consider this more bad luck than anything else.
What bad luck? Anyone who knew slant of the courts in this country knew Williams had little chance. The courts ruled the right way.

If Mike Williams are that talented, he could fit into any system. The guy is a bum.
Old 04-24-2007, 01:49 PM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

Not really true. There was a window where players could declare for the NFL Draft, and Williams took it. He was stupid because he retained an agent and forfeited his eligibility. The problem then became that he was unable to return to USC. I think the NCAA screwed him, but it was a cautionary tale against declaring against the rules.

Fact is, some players fit better into systems than others. Williams is not a vertical threat, so having him in Martz's offense, even as a slot receiver, is a waste of his talent. If Martz really wanted to use him (which he apparently didn't), he would have found a role for him. Instead, they're selling him elsewhere for 20 cents on the dollar.

To spite EA and the Lions, I'm praying that Mike Williams kicks ass in Oakland, or wherever he ends up.

Old 04-24-2007, 03:46 PM    (permalink
eacantdraft
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsaza2358 View Post
Not really true. There was a window where players could declare for the NFL Draft, and Williams took it. He was stupid because he retained an agent and forfeited his eligibility. The problem then became that he was unable to return to USC. I think the NCAA screwed him, but it was a cautionary tale against declaring against the rules.

Fact is, some players fit better into systems than others. Williams is not a vertical threat, so having him in Martz's offense, even as a slot receiver, is a waste of his talent. If Martz really wanted to use him (which he apparently didn't), he would have found a role for him. Instead, they're selling him elsewhere for 20 cents on the dollar.

To spite EA and the Lions, I'm praying that Mike Williams kicks ass in Oakland, or wherever he ends up.

The rules of hiring an agent causes you to loose all your college eligability is quite clear. The only one who screwed Mike Williams is Mike Williams.

Ricky Proehl wasn't a track man and he did OK under Mike Martz. The fact that Mike Williams busted out under two different coaching regimes should tell you something.
Old 04-24-2007, 04:03 PM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

I already admitted that Williams was stupid for hiring an agent, but that's done. 2005 was lost due to his being out of football shape, which was basically his fault for hiring an agent.

2006 was lost because Martz and Marinelli wanted their own guys to play. Martz brought Furrey in, and he knew the system already. Williams may have had a few work ethic things, but he never got a fair shot under Mooch, and Marinelli and Martz wanted their own guys. He was blackballed.

I think the guy has talent and can play in the NFL. I'd like to see him get a shot.