Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

View Poll Results: Who will win the NBA Championship in 2013?
Miami Heat 15 26.79%
Miami Heat 3 5.36%
Miami Heat 31 55.36%
Miami Heat 6 10.71%
Miami Heat 1 1.79%
Voters: 56. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-15-2013, 02:19 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Curry and Harden don't mesh. When Harden gets the ball, he's more often then not slashing to the hoop and trying to score. You're much better off pairing Curry with a pick n roll PF.

That would be deadly, and give you much better floor spacing.
Old 05-15-2013, 02:28 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
I WANT WOODSON FIRED!

Wth was he doing? Why did Pablo only get 3 minutes, when Kidd has gone scoreless for 7 games and sucks on defense? Why did Shumpert only play 15 minutes? Why was JR getting so many minutes? Why doesn't he play Copeland?

What are we saving Camby for?

WTH IS WOODSON DOING?

He's costing us the series with his horrible adjustments. We need a new coach.
Oh, you mean when you got in an argument when I said this like two years ago I was right? Woodson is an average coach, at best. I don't think he's ever been good. I do not like his play style. We play great defense, fine, but in the NBA you need to have an offense. I'm not saying you need a Mike D'Antoni style offense, but you need to be able to draw up and run plays. This iso ball **** doesn't work in the NBA. Not in the playoffs. When JR and Melo hit a cold streak, which they are bound to do, it's going to fail. Hard. Especially when the defense and intensity is amped up in the playoffs.

I'm not one for tooting my own horn (that's what she said) but I feel pretty proud of myself. Not really because my team is getting destroyed, but I feel like I'm quite objective when it comes with the Knicks. A lot of their flaws are coming out now that we're in playoff basketball. It's why I told you the regular season does not mean anything. We won because we could play revolving doors on defense like Copeland and Novak. We could sustain a JR or Melo slump because it's a long season and other guys could pick it up.

But, we're old. As I said from the beginning, Kidd is terrible. God awful signing that I hated and still hate even more now. Not sure why you want Camby. He's old as dirt and offers nothing too.

This team is depressing. It's rare I don't like the players on my favorite team, but this is one of the few times it has happened. I don't like Melo (and never have) as a player and person. I think he's vastly overrated. He does one and half things well. And is far too streaky/inconsistent for my liking. The man should be dominating and shooting 50% every night. He can get to the rim if he wants. He can post up. He can do all these great things but he settles for stupid threes and pull up mid-range shots. That's fine when he's hitting them because we're all fapping over him, but those shots are going to miss at some point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob S View Post
We already amnestied Chauncey to sign Ty.
Yep, terrible move for an overrated center. Always hated that we signed Chandler for so much. And that we blew any chance at Paul for him.
Old 05-15-2013, 02:39 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Don't do this Forenci! Don't do it!

</3

Hold me bro </3
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Remember when bbd said Woodson was a good coach lolcopter

bantx is offline   Reply With Quote
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Who could've predicted that a strictly jump shooting team would go cold at some point and not advance very far in the playoffs?

Oh wait, almost everyone predicted that.

The Knicks were the worst team in the NBA at scoring points in the paint. They also had an obscene 32% of their points scored from 3-pointers. That's just not sustainable in the playoffs.
P-L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 02:40 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

</3

Hold me bro </3
You did this to yourself. Even your trolling just seems sad now.
Old 05-15-2013, 02:41 PM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

</3

Hold me bro </3
It'll be okay.

#KnicksBest5OutOf8

Sig by the King BK

Fear the Spear - Winston Era has begun....
Quote:
"I wasn't going to lose to Miami, no matter what," Freeman said. "It means a lot to go out there and beat them. Every time I get a chance, I want to destroy them."
BallerT1215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 02:42 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

You know what?! **** it! I'm going down with the ship!

We're winning this series. I'm calling it now. We're missing open shots we always make, those shots have to start coming down eventually. And we play 2 of the next 3 at home. We just have to put it together and we're back in this.

We're winning this series!

And then I'm gonna take a **** on all of you!

#KnicksInSeven

#iBelieve

#MeloTeabaggingSnowflakeIn2013
Old 05-15-2013, 02:47 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

I can only imagine the teabagging that will happen to BBD if we lose this series.
Old 05-15-2013, 02:48 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I can sort of understand the Wizards turning away Harden, because their payroll would have been ridiculous, but still, that was pretty horrible on their part. The Thunder wouldn't have taken back any bad contracts but they could have moved a piece or two after this season and let Harden play out his last year on his rookie deal before extending him to keep their salary down.

Saying Harden wouldn't fit with the Warriors is dumb. He'd fit in perfectly with what the Warriors do, and he's pretty good at finding the open guy on drive & kicks. With Harrison Barnes and Curry.. that would have been a disgusting team. Small ball foreva.
Old 05-15-2013, 02:50 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I agree with Forenci. BBD's trolling is just sad now. Reminds me of Alonzo at the end of Training Day.
Old 05-15-2013, 02:52 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

I'm gonna get riddled with bullets at the end of the series?
Old 05-15-2013, 02:53 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

I'm getting tired of trolling you guys honestly. I just want to talk basketball now.

But then Snowflake always has to say something stupid, and spark the troll to come back out.
Old 05-15-2013, 02:57 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
All-NFLDC

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It's ok BBD, maybe 13 years from now you guys can jump up to 2 playoff series wins!

"You don't need thumbs. My best friend is my brother's dog, he doesn't have any thumbs, he's doin fine."
-Pat Angerer on breaking his thumb.

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver
Kirk Ferentz = Coach Killjoy
iowatreat54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 03:01 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by iowatreat54 View Post
It's ok BBD, maybe 13 years from now you guys can jump up to 2 playoff series wins!
we'll beat you guys next year!
Old 05-15-2013, 03:04 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Signing Ty was in no way an awful move. Dude is awesome. The mistake was amnestying Chauncey instead of Amare.
Old 05-15-2013, 03:04 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
All-NFLDC

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
we'll beat you guys next year!
How does it feel knowing there's a good chance your Knickerbockers will likely end up with just as many playoff wins as this Bulls team, while playing worse teams?

I'll hang up and listen...

"You don't need thumbs. My best friend is my brother's dog, he doesn't have any thumbs, he's doin fine."
-Pat Angerer on breaking his thumb.

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver
Kirk Ferentz = Coach Killjoy
iowatreat54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 03:05 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
I'm gonna get riddled with bullets at the end of the series?
His last monologue. Still talking all kinds of smack and no one's listening.
Old 05-15-2013, 03:11 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Signing Ty was in no way an awful move. Dude is awesome. The mistake was amnestying Chauncey instead of Amare.
lolknicks. Make ridiculous contract offer to Amar'e that crippled their cap flexibility for years, then somehow Fisher and the owners **** the players and get a sweet throw in to the CBA that allows them to clear giant **** ups with the cap... Knicks still screw up the method to unscrew their screwups.
Old 05-15-2013, 03:14 PM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Amare was coming off a monster year, and was still in his prime. You can't hold that against them.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 03:20 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I remember when bbd was talking **** about us getting Bosh.

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 03:21 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Quote:
I disagree completely. He's not that good. He can rebound, he can play defense, which is more than what most centers can do but he's certainly not worth what we gave him. I always felt that whole "he's a defensive leader" non-sense was overrated. He's injury prone too. He managed to stave it off long enough for people to forget that and get a long deal.

Plus we blew any chance at Paul by signing him. And we wasted the amnesty BECAUSE OF HIM. We could of have used the amnesty on Stat, signed Paul and lived with an average/below average center.

It was a terrible move for a variety of reasons. Not even so much because of the player he is. I don't think he's great by any means, but he's a solid center, but because of what we gave up to get him was foolish.

I mean, you KNOW Paul wants to be here with Melo. There have been those indications made time and time again.
Old 05-15-2013, 03:23 PM    (permalink
dabears10
All-Pro

dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul View Post
Amare was coming off a monster year, and was still in his prime. You can't hold that against them.
Amare already showed wear at the end of the year. A guy with that injury history is tough to amnesty someone that is still decent. It's almost as bad as the warriors Amnestying Charlie Bell to bid on DeAndre Jordan. Almost.

Thanks to BoneKrusher Credit and Rep to him for the sig.

dabears10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 03:25 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forenci View Post
I disagree completely. He's not that good. He can rebound, he can play defense, which is more than what most centers can do but he's certainly not worth what we gave him. I always felt that whole "he's a defensive leader" non-sense was overrated. He's injury prone too. He managed to stave it off long enough for people to forget that and get a long deal.

Plus we blew any chance at Paul by signing him. And we wasted the amnesty BECAUSE OF HIM. We could of have used the amnesty on Stat, signed Paul and lived with an average/below average center.

It was a terrible move for a variety of reasons. Not even so much because of the player he is. I don't think he's great by any means, but he's a solid center, but because of what we gave up to get him was foolish.

I mean, you KNOW Paul wants to be here with Melo. There have been those indications made time and time again.
Since when is Forenci right about something? This is news to me.
Old 05-15-2013, 03:26 PM    (permalink
dabears10
All-Pro

dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forenci View Post

Yes, but Paul, Melo, and Chandler sounds better than Paul, Melo, and Amare.

Thanks to BoneKrusher Credit and Rep to him for the sig.

dabears10 is offline   Reply With Quote