Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Baltimore Ravens Team Forum

Baltimore Ravens Team Forum Discuss the Ravens

Old 05-09-2013, 03:24 PM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravens1991 View Post
Reading that article I say they said we are at about 2.7 million in cap space currently, with us getting 2.5 more million June 2nd after Pollard clears. That gives us a total of 5.2 millon in cap space. This is more reason for me to believe we cut Boldin for something more then cap room. We could have signed everyone and cut leach or restructured around to keep Boldin
I'm not quite sure how you can look at those figures and think that he wasn't traded for financial reasons.
Old 05-09-2013, 04:42 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If we really wanted him we could wiggle 800,000 in cap room somewhere.
Old 05-09-2013, 04:49 PM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Reading that article I say they said we are at about 2.7 million in cap space currently, with us getting 2.5 more million June 2nd after Pollard clears. That gives us a total of 5.2 millon in cap space. This is more reason for me to believe we cut Boldin for something more then cap room. We could have signed everyone and cut leach or restructured around to keep Boldin
That $2.7 million number doesn't take McKinnie's contract into account. His cap figure for this season is $2.5 million so that takes up just about all of what they currently have. Even though Baltimore does get some relief when Pollard's deal comes off the books I don't think that would make a difference in the reasoning to get rid of Boldin though. It doesn't matter how much cap room they will have in the future, the Ravens couldn't have afforded to keep Boldin and make the acquisitions they have so far. I don't think the front office valued Boldin at the $6 million it cost to have him on the team (his cap number was higher but the difference is/was all sunk cost) but I do believe that trading him was pretty much all cap management related.
coordinator0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 06:07 AM    (permalink
SunTzu_22
Veteran

SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Elam switches jersey numbers. From 31 to 26.

Rolando McClain got one of his cases dismissed. 1 down, 2 to go..
Old 05-10-2013, 10:04 AM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Awe man, 31 is actually a really sick number. Was looking forward to seeing that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
A Perfect Score is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 04:42 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by coordinator0 View Post
That $2.7 million number doesn't take McKinnie's contract into account. His cap figure for this season is $2.5 million so that takes up just about all of what they currently have. Even though Baltimore does get some relief when Pollard's deal comes off the books I don't think that would make a difference in the reasoning to get rid of Boldin though. It doesn't matter how much cap room they will have in the future, the Ravens couldn't have afforded to keep Boldin and make the acquisitions they have so far. I don't think the front office valued Boldin at the $6 million it cost to have him on the team (his cap number was higher but the difference is/was all sunk cost) but I do believe that trading him was pretty much all cap management related.
I see idk that that figure left out the McKinnie deal.

Also I was thinking about our mt. Rushmore and I think art needs to be on it. Mainly for the guts it took to even move te team to Baltimore. I think either JO or Reed would have to be taken off for him
Old 05-10-2013, 04:55 PM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Perfect Score View Post
Awe man, 31 is actually a really sick number. Was looking forward to seeing that.
Naw 26 is better for sure, especially for a safety (RIP ST). It kinda felt weird anyway with Art and Elam wearing the exact same number as the players they're were brought in to replace.

Last edited by TACKLE : 05-10-2013 at 07:47 PM.
TACKLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 07:32 PM    (permalink
SunTzu_22
Veteran

SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Agree 26 is better. When will the final numbers be out? I wonder if Elam might try to buy #22 from Jimmy Smith. Canīt remember the exact details, but #22 means a lot to Elam. Something about honouring his sister, who was killed when he was a kid.
Old 05-12-2013, 01:47 PM    (permalink
SunTzu_22
Veteran

Apparently the price for AQ Shipley was only a 7th round pick if he makes the final roster. http://www.stampedeblue.com/2013/5/1...-shipley-makes
Seems like a very good deal for a guy who PFF had a positive grade on last year, and expects to get even better this year. Saw a tweet from PFF to AQ saying: "The annoying thing is we were working on a piece where you were a possible Secret Superstar for the Colts. Had to scrap that now"
Old 05-12-2013, 04:49 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Hopefully it's a legit competition for starting center and not just back up. Idk how I feel about PFF though there is always some wtf comments they have
Old 05-12-2013, 05:04 PM    (permalink
SunTzu_22
Veteran

Quote:
Hopefully it's a legit competition for starting center and not just back up. Idk how I feel about PFF though there is always some wtf comments they have
Agree. I still like the good grade though. Not a huge fan of PFF in general, but I think their best work is grading the offensive and defensive lines. No matter what, a 7th rounder for at potential starter/quality back up with some valuable NFL experience is a bargain. Well probably get a nice chunk of comp picks next year as well.
Old 05-15-2013, 01:02 PM    (permalink
BmoreBlackByrdz
Pro Bowler

BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So Rolando McClain has decided to retire.

Moron.
Old 05-15-2013, 01:35 PM    (permalink
America
Pro Bowler

America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BmoreBlackByrdz View Post
So Rolando McClain has decided to retire.

Moron.
Would have been nice if he did this before Dansby signed with Arizona, but I think the defense will be fine without him and I'm not worried about the depth either. With so much flexibility and talent on the D line and at OLB, I'd bet Pees will get as many of those guys on the field at once, leaving less of a need for a second inside backer. Plus more and more teams are using nickel packages over 50% of the time.

Even if Jameel McClain can't come back right away, McClellan is a solid run stopper who played especially well in the spotlight against SF in the Thanksgiving game in 2011. Arthur Brown will serve as the nickel LB or WILL. I think you'll see a lot of packages where only one of these guys is on the field.
America is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 01:49 PM    (permalink
Sloopy
Pro Bowler

Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think it's safe to say we can add this to his list of poor life choices.

I PITY THE FOOL WHO DON'T BELIEVE ME
BK sig is straight sex
THE Ohio State University Buckeyes
Baltimore Ravens
Cleveland Cavaliers
Cleveland Indians
Chelsea FC
Quote:
Originally Posted by keylime_5 View Post
Miller is visual sex on the field.
Sloopy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 01:50 PM    (permalink
asham27
Rookie

asham27 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asham27 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asham27 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asham27 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asham27 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asham27 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asham27 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asham27 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asham27 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asham27 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asham27 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

"Do you know how to play quarterback?"

-New York Jets
asham27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 02:39 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Anyone know if Jameel McCLain is expected to start the season on PUP list or what?
Old 05-15-2013, 03:51 PM    (permalink
Dan#7
Rookie

Dan#7 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dan#7 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dan#7 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dan#7 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dan#7 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dan#7 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dan#7 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dan#7 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dan#7 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dan#7 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dan#7 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Anyone know if Jameel McCLain is expected to start the season on PUP list or what?
From what I've read and seen, the coaching staff is still thinking it of a possibility that he will be back come training camp.

But as already mentioned, we have a lot of options at inside linebacker, which I personally would like us to explore.

McClellan and Bynes should be the first choices to play alongside Brown, but Simon, Hall, Carr could also be a possibility.
Dan#7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 04:13 PM    (permalink
niel89
SuperBowl Prop Bet Winner
All-Pro

niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

crazy to see him just retire already. Oh well, nothing ventured nothing lost

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy
niel89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 04:55 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Remember Courtney upshaw is suppose to get some reps at ilb durin practice. If Jameel McClain starts on pup it will be wide open MLB battle.
Old 05-15-2013, 05:29 PM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by America View Post
Would have been nice if he did this before Dansby signed with Arizona, but I think the defense will be fine without him and I'm not worried about the depth either. With so much flexibility and talent on the D line and at OLB, I'd bet Pees will get as many of those guys on the field at once, leaving less of a need for a second inside backer. Plus more and more teams are using nickel packages over 50% of the time.

Even if Jameel McClain can't come back right away, McClellan is a solid run stopper who played especially well in the spotlight against SF in the Thanksgiving game in 2011. Arthur Brown will serve as the nickel LB or WILL. I think you'll see a lot of packages where only one of these guys is on the field.
They do, but last season both Baltimore ILBs stayed on the field for the vast majority of the time even if whether they were in a base or nickel set. That continued after Lewis went out too. Pees seems to favor that sort of personnel package. I agree about not being worried though. The thumper ILB isn't a particularly hard commodity to find and even if Jameel isn't ready to go (which I think he will be, his injury was basically just a bruise to his spine) I'm fine with Bynes or McClellan next to Brown. With what Baltimore needed to improve upon in the middle of the defense I'm very happy that the WILL is set with some question marks at MIKE instead of the other way around. If they do add anybody else I'd actually prefer another WILL type as opposed to a thumper/MIKE since they don't have anybody after Brown that can offer those skills.
Old 05-15-2013, 07:56 PM    (permalink
America
Pro Bowler

America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by coordinator0 View Post
They do, but last season both Baltimore ILBs stayed on the field for the vast majority of the time even if whether they were in a base or nickel set. That continued after Lewis went out too. Pees seems to favor that sort of personnel package. I agree about not being worried though. The thumper ILB isn't a particularly hard commodity to find and even if Jameel isn't ready to go (which I think he will be, his injury was basically just a bruise to his spine) I'm fine with Bynes or McClellan next to Brown. With what Baltimore needed to improve upon in the middle of the defense I'm very happy that the WILL is set with some question marks at MIKE instead of the other way around. If they do add anybody else I'd actually prefer another WILL type as opposed to a thumper/MIKE since they don't have anybody after Brown that can offer those skills.
Good point. I'm assuming Arthur Brown takes over Ellerbe's role in that package, guarding TE's and RB's out of the backfield. Huff will match up on TEs a lot as well. I'm most interested to see how Pees uses the Dumervil/Suggs combo. Kruger wasn't effective without a half-injured Suggs on the other side. If Suggs comes back healthy and Dumervil continues to be effective, does Pees replace the second ILB with someone like Suggs, who can cover flats, play the run, and rush the passer - that way he gets the most pass rushers on the field at once.
America is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 08:44 PM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

I'm interested to see what Pees does with the pass-rushers too. There's so many different options and looks he can throw out with the personnel the team has now I pray he doesn't screw it up. Although if the Ravens are in a nickel set with a 4-man line I would bet good money that Suggs is at DE. Dumervil might be in across from him too depending on the situation/opposing team but I don't foresee Suggs taking on too many responsibilities in space anymore (at least when he's not rushing the passer or attacking the run as an 3-4 OLB).
Old 05-21-2013, 10:41 AM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...r-competition/

Harbaugh said Thompson is fast and catches everything. HOnestly I would love for him to emerge as the #3 WR because the speed we will have will be ridiculous. Smith Jones Thompson would be the fastest top 3 wr corp in the NFL. Its real good to pair up with Flaccos deep ball.
Old 06-05-2013, 05:26 PM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

Looks like Daryl Smith was signed to a 1-year deal. I like the move. The Ravens didn't need another "thumper" type but Smith is more than that when he's healthy. Hopefully Brown and Smith start. Just keep McClain on the bench.
Old 06-05-2013, 05:47 PM    (permalink
niel89
SuperBowl Prop Bet Winner
All-Pro

niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Good depth signing either way. another vet at the right price.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy
niel89 is offline   Reply With Quote