Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Oakland Raiders Team Forum

Oakland Raiders Team Forum Discuss the Raiders

Old 04-29-2013, 03:16 AM    (permalink
Abaddon
Pro Bowler

Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nobodyinparticular View Post
Clowney is damn special but you don't pass on a franchise QB.
You do when he posts pics of himself in drag.

God damn it.

No offense, but your Raiders draft sucks.
Abaddon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 03:24 AM    (permalink
Abaddon
Pro Bowler

Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm just glad we didn't have the chance to draft Barkley, if that really is who Reggie wanted in Rd4. Fuggabuncha USC QBs.

God damn it.

Old 04-29-2013, 11:17 AM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

My only problem with Wilson after watching some tape is he struggles on the deep ball and the ball seems to die at the end of the throw. If he can get stronger and improve his throwing motion and footwork he'll easily be a starting QB. I hope Flynn wins the starting job so we don't have to rush Wilson onto the field.

Welcome to the Silver & Mack
"Just Win Baby"
- Al Davis
@SirStackAlot707

RaiderNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 01:39 PM    (permalink
Black Bolt
Pro Bowler

Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaiderNation View Post
My only problem with Wilson after watching some tape is he struggles on the deep ball and the ball seems to die at the end of the throw. If he can get stronger and improve his throwing motion and footwork he'll easily be a starting QB. I hope Flynn wins the starting job so we don't have to rush Wilson onto the field.
I don't know why you are discounting Pryor so easily. Wilson is mid 4th round pick and a long shot to start.
Kaepernick is this years pat white. Thin, gimmick offense and doesn't possess an nfl arm. The ncaa constantly regurgitates clones of past players and amazingly enough, tricks some people into thinking they're better than their cloned half. Kaepernick was a complete waste of a senior bowl qb spot. A better qb will come from the east/west shrine or whatever they're calling it now...count on it

- Genius
Black Bolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 02:20 PM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Bolt View Post
I don't know why you are discounting Pryor so easily. Wilson is mid 4th round pick and a long shot to start.
I like Pryor don't get me wrong, but I've been high on Wilson for awhile and believe he could be the best QB from this class. Training camp will show who's going to play and if I had bet I'd go with Wilson.

I trust in Reggie McKenzie and his staff, Pryor is the last pick by Al Davis and you can obviously see how his last years of draft classes have effected the team.

"Just Win Baby"
- Al Davis
@SirStackAlot707

Old 04-29-2013, 09:10 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wilson > Pryor.

Pryor shouldn't be starting for anyone, unless they want the top pick in the draft.

Props to BK for the sig
"Impulsive thinker, compulsive drinker, addict, half animal half man"
Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
that's because we're the only animal capable of getting it from other animals. the day a goat can milk cows, it will.
Raiderz4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 08:21 PM    (permalink
Black Bolt
Pro Bowler

Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiderz4Life View Post
Wilson > Pryor.

Pryor shouldn't be starting for anyone, unless they want the top pick in the draft.
Based on??
Kaepernick is this years pat white. Thin, gimmick offense and doesn't possess an nfl arm. The ncaa constantly regurgitates clones of past players and amazingly enough, tricks some people into thinking they're better than their cloned half. Kaepernick was a complete waste of a senior bowl qb spot. A better qb will come from the east/west shrine or whatever they're calling it now...count on it

- Genius
Old 05-01-2013, 11:43 PM    (permalink
Abaddon
Pro Bowler

Quote:
I think those deep balls will tighten up some once the coaches get his mechanics ironed out and he's had a year or two in the weight room.

I'm not going to crown the kid yet, but you really have to like his chances.

God damn it.

Old 05-02-2013, 01:16 AM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiderz4Life View Post
Wilson > Pryor.

#Clown4Clowney
#Tank4Teddy

Oldie but a goodie.
nobodyinparticular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 08:22 AM    (permalink
Black Bolt
Pro Bowler

Quote:
I like Pryor don't get me wrong, but I've been high on Wilson for awhile and believe he could be the best QB from this class. Training camp will show who's going to play and if I had bet I'd go with Wilson.

I trust in Reggie McKenzie and his staff, Pryor is the last pick by Al Davis and you can obviously see how his last years of draft classes have effected the team.
All picked Veldheer, Houston and Wis II.

- Genius
Old 05-02-2013, 06:05 PM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

I'm saying Pryor is officially the last pick ever made by Al

"Just Win Baby"
- Al Davis
@SirStackAlot707

Old 05-04-2013, 07:29 AM    (permalink
Black Bolt
Pro Bowler

Quote:
I'm saying Pryor is officially the last pick ever made by Al
Okay. You think that makes any difference to McKenzie?

- Genius
Old 05-05-2013, 05:24 PM    (permalink
NIN1984
Pro Bowler

NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I loved the Tyler Wilson pick, he's a good fit for this offense. He doesn't have the biggest arm but the Raiders are clearly not that team anymore. Should be an interesting TC.
Old 05-05-2013, 06:19 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wilson's arm is strong enough.

Props to BK for the sig
"Impulsive thinker, compulsive drinker, addict, half animal half man"
Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
that's because we're the only animal capable of getting it from other animals. the day a goat can milk cows, it will.
Raiderz4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 11:23 PM    (permalink
dra
Rookie

dra hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Raiders sign UFA QB Kyle Padron. Why is this significant? I only mention it because he went to the local High school that my kids go to. He is now 1 of 3 QBs in the NFL from Southlake Carroll (Chase Daniel & Greg McElroy are the other two). I think that is pretty impressive for a High School to have 3 QBs on NFL rosters at the same time.
dra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 01:15 AM    (permalink
Matthew Jones
All-NFLDC

Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Is it just me or is this one of the worst teams in the league? I don't see any way Dennis Allen gets to keep his job, which is unfortunate because I think he's a good candidate.
Old 05-08-2013, 06:48 PM    (permalink
Xonraider
All-Pro

Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew Jones View Post
Is it just me or is this one of the worst teams in the league? I don't see any way Dennis Allen gets to keep his job, which is unfortunate because I think he's a good candidate.
Everyone knows we are rebuilding. I really don't think he loses his job unless he goes something like 2-14.
Old 05-08-2013, 07:02 PM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

I think our defense will be much improved after last years debacle, especially with the additions in the secondary. The offense is moving back to a power running scheme hopefully improving the run game, but I still think we will see lapses on that side of the ball. No WR and TE depth and a shakey interior oline concern me but there's always a chance someone might step up.

Also Josh Cribbs visited Oakland and was offered a contract, now is flying to NYJ for a visit

"Just Win Baby"
- Al Davis
@SirStackAlot707

Old 05-08-2013, 11:53 PM    (permalink
dra
Rookie

dra hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I don't think Allen is on the hot seat at all. He will be judged the season after next.
dra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 04:42 PM    (permalink
Abaddon
Pro Bowler

Branch and Houston are the only returning starters on defense, eh? That defense is going to take several games to even start to come together as a unit.

God damn it.

Old 05-10-2013, 01:10 AM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

I still see a lot more talent and youth added especially to the LB group and secondary. Also Charles Woodson is open to signing with a rebuilding team, wouldn't mind him coming back to Oakland on a 1 year deal

"Just Win Baby"
- Al Davis
@SirStackAlot707

Old 05-15-2013, 02:49 PM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

Looks like Charles Woodson will be back in the AFC West, but will it be back in Oakland or in Denver? Would love to see his veteran presence back in Silver and Black and give us a quality player in the secondary. Hayden could learn a lot from him.

"Just Win Baby"
- Al Davis
@SirStackAlot707

Old 05-15-2013, 02:52 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

disclaimer:

woodson isnt good anymore. dont expect him to actually make your team better.

RIP themaninblack
SuperPacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 02:57 PM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperPacker View Post
disclaimer:

woodson isnt good anymore. dont expect him to actually make your team better.
He has to be better than what we had in the secondary last year, we had a bunch if guys off the street corner playing and it was almost unwatchable

Also in other news we signed WR/KR Josh Cribbs

"Just Win Baby"
- Al Davis
@SirStackAlot707

Old 05-15-2013, 03:01 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
He has to be better than what we had in the secondary last year, we had a bunch if guys off the street corner playing and it was almost unwatchable

Also in other news we signed WR/KR Josh Cribbs
if he's playing corner, looking at your roster, the best he'll be is 4th on the depth chart. and he's not better than your safeties. he was really quite bad last season. he can still tackle, but that's about it.

RIP themaninblack
SuperPacker is offline   Reply With Quote