Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 05-15-2013, 05:54 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by boknows34 View Post
Jets QB David Garrard is retiring because of complications with his surgically-repaired knee.
Oh snap, Tebow coming back ?
Old 05-15-2013, 06:00 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I really enjoyed watching Garrard in his prime. I hated when he beat my Titans, but I enjoyed watching him
mightytitan9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 06:02 PM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mightytitan9 View Post
I really enjoyed watching Garrard in his prime. I hated when he beat my Titans, but I enjoyed watching him
He put JAX on his back when they beat Pitt in the playoffs.

Sig by the King BK

Fear the Spear - Winston Era has begun....
Quote:
"I wasn't going to lose to Miami, no matter what," Freeman said. "It means a lot to go out there and beat them. Every time I get a chance, I want to destroy them."
BallerT1215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 06:05 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BallerT1215 View Post
He put JAX on his back when they beat Pitt in the playoffs.
Yup, Pitt has to hate facing those QBs that have some running ability in them in the playoffs
mightytitan9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 06:06 PM    (permalink
SunTzu_22
Veteran

SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BallerT1215 View Post
Also, McClain gets arrested within a month.
I see your Arrested within a month, and raise you with a Will be sentenced to do years in prison within a year...

In other news, Patriots plan to release DT Kyle Love: http://espn.go.com/blog/boston/new-e...ll-be-released
Old 05-15-2013, 06:07 PM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunTzu_22 View Post
I see your Arrested within a month, and raise you with a Will be sentenced to do years in prison within a year...

In other news, Patriots plan to release DT Kyle Love: http://espn.go.com/blog/boston/new-e...ll-be-released
I like your style man.

Sig by the King BK

Quote:
"I wasn't going to lose to Miami, no matter what," Freeman said. "It means a lot to go out there and beat them. Every time I get a chance, I want to destroy them."
Old 05-15-2013, 06:30 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by boknows34 View Post
Jets QB David Garrard is retiring because of complications with his surgically-repaired knee.
Here's to hoping Geno's ready for immediate play time. I thought Garrard would've been a good guy to have around as an insurance policy and for Geno's development, too. Will be an absolute mess if Sanchez is still around, really wanted them to just axe him.
derza222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 06:54 PM    (permalink
cmarq83
Pro Bowler

cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunTzu_22 View Post
Because the Pats apparently like to release solid NFL players in May for no apparent reason whatsoever.

Last edited by cmarq83 : 05-15-2013 at 07:00 PM.
cmarq83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 07:03 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

apparently he found out he had diabetes.

RIP themaninblack
SuperPacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 07:05 PM    (permalink
cmarq83
Pro Bowler

cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperPacker View Post
apparently he found out he had diabetes.
I know, but it didn't happen yesterday. There have been plenty of other successful athletes with diabetes.

Any team that needs a run stuffing DT that can play the nose in a 4-3 or a 3-4 would be very wise to pick Love up.
Old 05-15-2013, 07:17 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmarq83 View Post
I know, but it didn't happen yesterday. There have been plenty of other successful athletes with diabetes.

Any team that needs a run stuffing DT that can play the nose in a 4-3 or a 3-4 would be very wise to pick Love up.
They aren't just going to release him if they know that it won't be an issue.

RIP themaninblack
Old 05-15-2013, 07:25 PM    (permalink
cmarq83
Pro Bowler

Quote:
They aren't just going to release him if they know that it won't be an issue.
Right, but doesn't it make more sense to wait until training camp to see if he can manage it before they outright release him? They blew open a whole on their roster for absolutely no reason whatsoever.
Old 05-15-2013, 07:27 PM    (permalink
Grizzlegom
Mr. Rogers
All-Pro

Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This is the team that helped nurse Marcus Cannon back from non-Hodgkin's lymphoma, you have to believe that the Pats think its a real issue that they won't be able to manage.

sig by BoneKrusher
Grizzlegom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 07:35 PM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I imagine that the Pats think pretty highly of Armond Armstead and Tommy Kelly.
P-L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 07:37 PM    (permalink
Don Vito
Team Leader
All-Pro

Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I am going to miss having Kyle Love on this team. Have to say I am pretty surprised with this one.
Don Vito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 07:40 PM    (permalink
Hurricanes25
All-Pro

Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by derza222 View Post
Here's to hoping Geno's ready for immediate play time. I thought Garrard would've been a good guy to have around as an insurance policy and for Geno's development, too. Will be an absolute mess if Sanchez is still around, really wanted them to just axe him.
I would think Rex is gonna pretty desperate this year so if Geno and Mark play at the same level in camp/pre season, I'm thinking Geno will get the nod. Add that to the fact that you just can't trot Sanchez out again without pissing off the fan base.

I personally don't think Geno is ready but wit Garrard retiring, I think he has to start day 1.

Sig by BoneKrusher
Hurricanes25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 07:43 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Right, but doesn't it make more sense to wait until training camp to see if he can manage it before they outright release him? They blew open a whole on their roster for absolutely no reason whatsoever.
How the hell can you be so ignorant? I mean, how exactly am I meant to know if that makes more sense? I'm not in the Patriots team meetings, I wasn't there when Love was diagnosed and I know nothing about how this effects their plans. Neither do you, so I don't know why you're acting like you do. How can you say 'for no reason whatsoever'? Of course, that is assuming Bill Belichick didn't speak to you personally and say "he's going to be fine, we're just releasing him for the sake of it".

RIP themaninblack
Old 05-15-2013, 07:47 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hurricanes25 View Post
I would think Rex is gonna pretty desperate this year so if Geno and Mark play at the same level in camp/pre season, I'm thinking Geno will get the nod. Add that to the fact that you just can't trot Sanchez out again without pissing off the fan base.

I personally don't think Geno is ready but wit Garrard retiring, I think he has to start day 1.
I'd be very surprised if Geno doesn't get the nod. That being said, with Sanchez not likely being the answer and not playing that much better than McElroy last year to be frank, I still think they should cut him.

Let Geno get all the reps he can. If he shows flashes despite not having much at the skill positions to help him out, give him another season. Still don't see how much worse than Sanchez he can possibly be.
Old 05-15-2013, 07:52 PM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I still think sanchez could be decent, just doesnt have a chance in NY
Old 05-15-2013, 07:53 PM    (permalink
cmarq83
Pro Bowler

Quote:
How the hell can you be so ignorant? I mean, how exactly am I meant to know if that makes more sense? I'm not in the Patriots team meetings, I wasn't there when Love was diagnosed and I know nothing about how this effects their plans. Neither do you, so I don't know why you're acting like you do. How can you say 'for no reason whatsoever'? Of course, that is assuming Bill Belichick didn't speak to you personally and say "he's going to be fine, we're just releasing for the sake of it".
He's 2 weeks into a diagnosis for type 2 diabetes. By all accounts his weight is stabilized. Oftentimes early in a diabetes diagnosis it's hard to get blood sugar levels guaged to see what an accurate picture of what the long term challenge is going to be regulating it, so the very least they could have done was given it a bit more time. He hasn't set foot on the field so they don't know how he's going to manage his condition. It was a move that was made too early regardless of what his long term situation is, and judging by Love's agent's reaction it doesn't seem like they're anticipating this to keep him out.

In terms of blowing a hole on the roster for no reason, that is exactly what they did considering they released another solid run defender in Deaderick a few days ago with the knowledge of what was happening with Love. BB has a penchant for doing this kind of thing, they did the same damn thing with their safeties 2 years ago. Unless Hampton or Pouha are about to sign they don't have enough run stuffing DT's when a week ago they had an abundance.
Old 05-15-2013, 07:55 PM    (permalink
Hurricanes25
All-Pro

Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by K Train View Post
I think he's shot mentally and he just makes too many mistakes to even be considered a game manager for a team with a good running game and defense.

Sig by BoneKrusher
Hurricanes25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 07:58 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

Quote:
He's 2 weeks into a diagnosis for type 2 diabetes. By all accounts his weight is stabilized. Oftentimes early in a diabetes diagnosis it's hard to get blood sugar levels guaged to see what an accurate picture of what the long term challenge is going to be regulating it, so the very least they could have done was given it a bit more time. He hasn't set foot on the field so they don't know how he's going to manage his condition. It was a move that was made too early regardless of what his long term situation is, and judging by Love's agent's reaction it doesn't seem like they're anticipating this to keep him out.

In terms of blowing a hole on the roster for no reason, that is exactly what they did considering they released another solid run defender in Deaderick a few days ago with the knowledge of what was happening with Love. BB has a penchant for doing this kind of thing, they did the same damn thing with their safeties 2 years ago. Unless Hampton or Pouha are about to sign they don't have enough run stuffing DT's when a week ago they had an abundance.
Obviously you are more informed on this situation than the Patriots.

RIP themaninblack
Old 05-15-2013, 08:18 PM    (permalink
cmarq83
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Obviously you are more informed on this situation than the Patriots.
No, but I can evaluate the situation to the best of my abilities, instead of just making a blanket statement that the Patriots simply know best.

A basic understanding of a diabetes diagnosis tells you that it is too early to make any judgements about long-term health. Blood sugar levels are initially hard to bring down in the weeks immediately following a diagnosis, and often take a few months to do so. Kyle Love has been working out in that time and has not been limited in doing so. That is all the information we have at hand, so going off of what we know it seems like it was a move done too hastily.

There could be something more there, but we don't know.

However, regardless of what the Patriots know or don't know about Love it doesn't explain why they released Deaderick 2 days ago. If they have a backup plan then it is fine. However, there have been multiple times in the past where they've chosen to let go of a few players at a position, and then did nothing to fix the depth chart. 2007 at receiver and 2011 at safety are prime examples. Excuse me for showing a moderate amount of concern when 2 capable players were released, and there is nothing on the depth chart to justify why they were released.

Even if they're making the right move because he won't be healthy enough to play, there is zero opportunity cost to waiting another month to see how this plays out. They have a 90 man roster which isn't currently full, and have plenty of cap room to make any move they'd like. Waiting and seeing if Love can get his blood sugar down presents a zero risk move for them.

Last edited by cmarq83 : 05-15-2013 at 09:41 PM.
Old 05-15-2013, 09:03 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by K Train View Post
He'd be worth a team with an established QB taking a shot on as a fixer upper on a vet min deal once he's available for something like that. There have obviously been flashes, but I think he's too mentally fragile to have any shot in NY any more. No reason for him to take up snaps from their young QB, especially with how limited practices are with the new CBA.
Old 05-15-2013, 09:19 PM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

This move completely ruined CMarg's sig.

It is ********.

Sig by the King BK

Quote: