Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 05-15-2013, 10:50 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Who had GREATNESS derailed by INJURIEZ?

Some I can think of off the top of my head:
  • Gale Sayers
  • Marcus Dupree
  • Bo Jackson
  • Billy Sims
  • Sterling Sharpe
  • Terrell Davis

All of those guys were HALL OF FAME talents without question.
But injuries kept them all out of the HOF, except isn't Sayers in still, maybe?

Carson Palmer was headed for greatness, IMO, before the Steeler rolled into his ACL on the first play of that playoff game Pit vs Cinci.

Who else am I missing?

Marcus Lattimore and Willis McGahee were both much greater before they're knees were taken out by low ***** hits, before making it to the league.

I remember #1 pick Ki-Jana Carter ripping his ACL in PRESEASON GAME #1. We never got to see him show if he had that greatness in the NFL because of that. The above guys all showed it.
J-Mike88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 11:00 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Terrell Davis and Carson Palmer, both of whom you have listed come to mind big time.

Injuries are getting so much easier to recover from now. But I think Shawne Merriman and Bob Sanders are too from recent years to consider
mightytitan9 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 11:25 PM    (permalink
superman8456
Veteran

superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't know if it was considered "greatness", but Leonard Weaver was a pretty dominant fullback and really started to come into his own. The year after he made the All-Pro team, he suffered a gruesome knee injury that tore his ACL and caused nerve damage. Never was able to return to the game.
superman8456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 11:43 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

it's scary to think how good McGahee could have been without that gruesome injury, I'm sure that was far worse than your normal ACL tear
Old 05-16-2013, 12:19 AM    (permalink
Wodwo
Rookie

Wodwo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wodwo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wodwo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wodwo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wodwo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wodwo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wodwo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wodwo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wodwo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wodwo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wodwo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Frank Gore is great. Imagine if he hadn't:

1) Torn both ACLs in college.

2) Had to have surgery on both shoulders after his rookie season.

3) Broke his hip in 2010 because Singletary wanted to play "fysical".

Frank Gore is football.
Wodwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 12:21 AM    (permalink
the_legend_killer
Pro Bowler

the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Any Packer that has ever been hurt.

Ok, seriously I think most people have covered the basic ones: Palmer, McGahee, Bo, TD, Sharpe.
the_legend_killer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 12:21 AM    (permalink
Wodwo
Rookie

Wodwo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wodwo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wodwo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wodwo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wodwo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wodwo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wodwo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wodwo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wodwo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wodwo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wodwo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Also... LeCharles Bentley.
Wodwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 12:41 AM    (permalink
TimmG6376
Veteran

TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Robert Edwards?
Old 05-16-2013, 12:58 AM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Dante Culpepper? It's hard to tell because he had some great weapons, but he was pretty studly (if I remember correctly) before his knee injury.
Old 05-16-2013, 01:04 AM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
it's scary to think how good McGahee could have been without that gruesome injury, I'm sure that was far worse than your normal ACL tear
This is very true. I know some on here probably aren't even old enough to remember McGahee back then, but man was he an elite talent. I remember mocking him to the Cowboys at 5 all season, where Terrence Newman eventually ended up going.

I've got to hand it to McGahee, he went on to have a heck of a career when I didn't think he would. But man, you've always got to wonder what could have been with him.

That's the nastiest knee injury I've ever seen, and I don't think he ever fully regained his speed and acceleration after it, which were two of his greatest gifts.

He really had the potential to be an Adrian Peterson type of elite talent
Old 05-16-2013, 01:07 AM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

Andre Wadsworth and Courtney Brown
Old 05-16-2013, 01:07 AM    (permalink
FUNBUNCHER
All-Pro

FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Colts DT/DE Steve Emtman.
Old 05-16-2013, 01:19 AM    (permalink
the_legend_killer
Pro Bowler

the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forenci View Post
Dante Culpepper? It's hard to tell because he had some great weapons, but he was pretty studly (if I remember correctly) before his knee injury.
That one crossed my mind too. He was having a rough year prior to getting his knee shredded (6 TD and 12 INT in seven starts), but the prior year (his last with Randy Moss) he went for 39 TDs and 4,717 yards and made the playoffs.
the_legend_killer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 01:56 AM    (permalink
OzTitan
Pro Bowler

OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jevon Kearse, but he was probably never built to be a 4-3 DE anyway.
OzTitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 02:04 AM    (permalink
SunTzu_22
Veteran

SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mightytitan9 View Post
Terrell Davis and Carson Palmer, both of whom you have listed come to mind big time.

Injuries are getting so much easier to recover from now. But I think Shawne Merriman and Bob Sanders are too from recent years to consider
This x1000. Those two where some of my favourite players a couple of years back.

I also think Darren McFadden could potentially have had a HoF caliber career, if he wasn´t dinged up all the frickin time.
Old 05-16-2013, 02:22 AM    (permalink
JeffSamardzijaIRISH
Pro Bowler

JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Brady Quinn.
Old 05-16-2013, 03:12 AM    (permalink
bigbuc
Veteran

bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He wasn't great because he didn't get to play that long but... Brain Price UCLA. All the talk coming out of camp was that he looked better than McCoy when we drafted both of them. He played his butt off. But tore both his hammys clean off his pelvis... In the first injury of it's kind by a NFL player. Couldn't get it back on track. He can't run anymore... Sad. Watch highlights from UCLA. Guy looked like Sapp. A lot
bigbuc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 03:38 AM    (permalink
SunTzu_22
Veteran

SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Kellen Winslow Jr. comes to mind. That guy was a true matchup nightmare when Gronk and Graham was in pre-school.

Last edited by SunTzu_22 : 05-16-2013 at 03:44 AM.
SunTzu_22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 06:10 AM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hard to count Merriman considering his downfall was his positive test and subsequent spiral into nothing. You may say "Who had GREATNESS derailed by the NFL's testing policy" for Merriman.

Second the Winslow Jr. call.

I was excited for Brian Price when he landed with Dallas only for him to be on IR now after injuring his shoulder prior to mini-camp. Another year of rehab with an NFL team and he may be able to return from his surgery. If you haven't read about it, and don't mind horrible details, google Brian Price's surgery on his hips. What. The. Hell.
Trogdor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 06:19 AM    (permalink
Job Reborn
Veteran

Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Packers?
Job Reborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 06:41 AM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forenci View Post
Not really. He actually started off the 2005 season sucking badly without Randy Moss, Scott Linehan calling the plays, and Matt Birk blocking for him anymore. Him getting hurt later that season was just the end to an already miserable season. He had some inconsistent seasons before the two years everyone remembers him for, 2003 and 2004. And that was with Moss on the team.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Ness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 06:44 AM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Carson Palmer also bounced back with arguably his greatest season the following year right after his playoff injury. A lot of people like to remember him immediately falling off the face of the Earth though when he got that hurt that day though. Weird.

Quote:
Old 05-16-2013, 06:49 AM    (permalink
DoughBoy
Pro Bowler

DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

For the Titans I'd say Chris Brown. Chris was 6'3 and ran upright, so injuries were bound to come, but he was a pretty damn good back when healthy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jurrell Casey
I love light skin and white women but my main chick is brown skin
DoughBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 07:42 AM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

I loved Chris Brown. I wish he was able to stay healthy. I have the game where he and the Titans punked the Packers in their own house during the 2004 season. Loved that game. Can't believe it was almost ten years ago.

Quote:
Old 05-16-2013, 07:51 AM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.