Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

View Poll Results: Is Channing Frye the most influential NBA PLAYER EVER?
Yes 623421 100.00%
No 0 0%
Voters: 623421. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-16-2013, 07:48 AM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If only the Knicks had a superstar....

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 07:52 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We do. The problem is you need 2 superstars to win a championship. We only have 1.

Durant lovers should realize that having seen him wet the bed vs Memphis in 5 games. Durant has a better team than Melo btw (without Westbrook) and played a lot worse vs Memphis than Melo did.

Just saying.

But it's ok, like I said, I'll give you all 2 more years to realize that Durant is an overrated finesse player.

You'll all figure it out in 2 years. It's ok.
Old 05-16-2013, 07:56 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It's funny that you had to find a new way to troll now that the Knicks lost the series.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 08:02 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We didn't lose yet. I have a good feeling about this series. 2 out of the next 3 are at home, and these open looks have to eventually start going down. Law of averages, they have to start eventually falling.

We're not done yet.
Old 05-16-2013, 08:04 AM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I would take Durant on his absolute worst day over Melo.

But it is hilarious how BBD you now say "you need 2 superstars" or "Woodson is a terrible coach" after all year telling us how Woodson is god's gift to coaching, and that you need 1 superstar to win and that's why the Pacers won't do anything in the playoffs.

Troll on buddy, troll on...

"You don't need thumbs. My best friend is my brother's dog, he doesn't have any thumbs, he's doin fine."
-Pat Angerer on breaking his thumb.

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver
Kirk Ferentz = Coach Killjoy
iowatreat54 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 08:09 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

I never said you need only 1 superstar to win. I said you need star players. I believe in the 2 star + good role players philosophy, but you need to have at least 1 star for me to even consider you a title contender.

You can't win a championship without star players, you just can't. You need 2 guys who can score at an elite level, history has shown us this time and time again.

Show me one quote where I said you need only 1 star to win a championship. I challenge anyone to go through my post history and find me ONE time when I said that. Go ahead.

I'll be waiting to see it.
Old 05-16-2013, 08:34 AM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You might be right, but I did find this gem:

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur
Might want to tell the Knicks to get a star while they're at it, then.
We got 3.

Melo, Chandler, and Stat.
And then this...

Quote:
Chandler is a star player. He was the starting Center for Team USA and an All Star, and defensive player of the year.

I don't see anyone crowding the ballots for Anderson ******* Varejo.
So the Knicks do have 2 stars, 3 with a healthy Stat...

"You don't need thumbs. My best friend is my brother's dog, he doesn't have any thumbs, he's doin fine."

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver
Old 05-16-2013, 08:38 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

The fact that I mentioned Stat should have been a dead give away at trolling.

But I'll live by it. We're gonna come back vs the Pacers, then we're gonna beat the Heat.

Bring it on *******
Old 05-16-2013, 08:45 AM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

Quote:
The fact that I mentioned Stat should have been a dead give away at trolling.

But I'll live by it. We're gonna come back vs the Pacers, then we're gonna beat the Heat.

Bring it on *******
I'm just giving you ish buddy. But come on, you have to admit you've had a huge hardon for Stat for the longest time and actually (at least used to) think he was a star player.

It was fun looking through some of your older posts though, some real gems in there. haha

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver
Old 05-16-2013, 08:48 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by iowatreat54 View Post
I'm just giving you ish buddy. But come on, you have to admit you've had a huge hardon for Stat for the longest time and actually (at least used to) think he was a star player.

It was fun looking through some of your older posts though, some real gems in there. haha
Haha. I still love Stat honestly. He's my favorite Knick. It's just a shame what happened to him.

When he was healthy he was a star player. He was a beast when he first came to NY. His knees just didn't hold up. I wish he could stay healthy. He really worked on some post moves and looks pretty damn good in the post now. But his knees are about to explode every time he touches a basketball so we really don't get to see it much.

And for the record, I still think Bosh is a little *****
Old 05-16-2013, 08:52 AM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You misspelled champion.

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 09:04 AM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Stats awesome even if he has reached the washed up part of his career.

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 09:12 AM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

Now that the season is officially over, this thread should become the Jimmy Buckets Awesomeness Appreciation thread. I'll start:

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver
Old 05-16-2013, 09:21 AM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iowatreat54 View Post
Now that the season is officially over, this thread should become the Jimmy Buckets Awesomeness Appreciation thread. I'll start:

Fade away on Kobe? Disrespect.
Paul is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 09:25 AM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jimmy Buckets is great. It's going to suck when you lose him because Reinsdorf won't pay up.
Old 05-16-2013, 09:28 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Tony Allen is gonna be interesting as a FA option. The guy is on the wrong side of 30, and is a defensive specialist.

The problem is, elite defenders need elite foot speed and length, so why would I pay a guy to be an elite defender when I know his foot speed is going to greatly diminish over the next 3 years?

He could wind up being one of those hindsight poor contracts if you overprice him.
Old 05-16-2013, 09:35 AM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't think Allen will get overpaid too horribly. I'm more worried about Igoudala if he gets a long term deal.
Old 05-16-2013, 09:38 AM    (permalink
comahan
Pillow Hat Pal
All-NFLDC

comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob S View Post
Jimmy Buckets is great. It's going to suck when you lose him because Reinsdorf won't pay up.
Or when Thibs runs him into the ground with his terrible minutes management.

Video Games - Anime - Comics - Cosplay - etc

A site dedicated to giving support and exposure to female
geeks and gamers, while also providing a community for
people of all genders to hang out and discuss their
favorite nerd past-times without needing to worry about or
deal with the prejudice and mistreatment that's so common online.

comahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 09:38 AM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by comahan View Post
This is very true. It's an either or scenario really.
Old 05-16-2013, 09:45 AM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Maybe I'm in the minority but I don't think playing heavy minutes is going to tarnish a 23 YO player's career. Unless he's a big man.

Next Up: 2012
BamaFalcon59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 09:47 AM    (permalink
comahan
Pillow Hat Pal
All-NFLDC

comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

@tomhaberstroh: Perkins finished with a NEGATIVE PER in the playoffs. -0.7 = worst ever with 200+ mins.

Video Games - Anime - Comics - Cosplay - etc

A site dedicated to giving support and exposure to female
geeks and gamers, while also providing a community for
people of all genders to hang out and discuss their
favorite nerd past-times without needing to worry about or
deal with the prejudice and mistreatment that's so common online.

comahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 09:47 AM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaFalcon59 View Post
Maybe I'm in the minority but I don't think playing heavy minutes is going to tarnish a 23 YO player's career. Unless he's a big man.
There is a massive difference between heavy minutes and the full game, every game.
Old 05-16-2013, 09:48 AM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by comahan View Post
I was gonna say this. Jimmy is the new Luol. We are going to let Luol walk after next season, by which time Jimmy will have played 82 straight games of 45 minutes or more, and then we will give Jimmy all of Luolz money, only to have him develop some nagging injury that will never go away.

That said, I should have been more proactive/less lazy earlier in the year and bought a Butler shirt.

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver
Old 05-16-2013, 09:53 AM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob S View Post
There is a massive difference between heavy minutes and the full game, every game.
Full game, every game for a few weeks. Big deal.

Next Up: 2012
BamaFalcon59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 09:57 AM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaFalcon59 View Post
Full game, every game for a few weeks. Big deal.
I'm in agreement on this particular instance, I have no problem with Thibs playing Jimmy for full games for a handful of games in a row in the playoffs. Under the circumstances with any other coach/team, it wouldn't be a huge deal.

However, Thibs has shown to be pretty terrible at managing minutes, so it's more of a sign of things to come. I expect to see Jimmy start at the 2 with Luol at the 3, then slide to the 3 when Luol comes out, and then get a couple minutes of rest here and there.

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver