Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

View Poll Results: Is Channing Frye the most influential NBA PLAYER EVER?
Yes 623421 100.00%
No 0 0%
Voters: 623421. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-16-2013, 12:40 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Bron with 3 point shooters as good as Thompson and Curry would be unfair.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 12:47 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Say the Warriors want to go after Howard, but the Lakers want a Harrison Barnes package with either Lee or Bogut. Do the Warriors pull the trigger?
Old 05-16-2013, 12:52 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Lakers won't make any deals that involve Dwight. If Dwight isn't a Laker, he's just straight up signing somewhere else.
Old 05-16-2013, 12:54 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetSox17 View Post
Say the Warriors want to go after Howard, but the Lakers want a Harrison Barnes package with either Lee or Bogut. Do the Warriors pull the trigger?
Bogut? Definitely.

Lee? Eh. I dunno. Probably.

RIP themaninblack
SuperPacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 12:57 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't know if i'd wanna get rid of Barnes though. He really showed a lot these playoffs and he's just a rookie.
Old 05-16-2013, 01:22 PM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm not sure what GSW is missing to take the next step. Obviously, Dwight would be a nice addition, but then you are taking away Barnes? I'm not sure that really takes them to a championship caliber team. I do like what Bogut has done in these playoffs, but who knows how long his health will hold up.

Sig by the King BK

Fear the Spear - Winston Era has begun....
Quote:
"I wasn't going to lose to Miami, no matter what," Freeman said. "It means a lot to go out there and beat them. Every time I get a chance, I want to destroy them."
BallerT1215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 01:26 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
Wth are you talking about? My belief that you need star players is still sitting pretty. OKC lost BC they lost a star player in Westbrook.

Memphis and Indy aren't winning the championship, Miami is. And they're going to do it fairly easily. And it's not bc of their bench, give me a break. It's bc LeBron James is a monster.

And they didn't win the first year together bc LeBron played like a ***** in the Finals. Oh and btw, even with all their "flaws" they still made the finals that year without a bench so there goes that argument. They were up 2-1 in that series than LeBron went ***** mode and they lost. Had nothing to do with the bench.

So yeah. Last time I checked I'm dead right about that.
So, when you're wrong it's just because LeBron didn't step up? It happens. To every "superstar." Dallas only had one star and won it. The Spurs arguably only had one legit superstar legitimately through their runs (Duncan early, Parker later).

And part of having a sick bench is so that when your stars ARE off they can pick up the slack.

I'm sorry, but your basketball knowledge is pretty terrible, BBD. It's pretty easy to look back on a lot of what you said and see how wrong it is. And who cares about if the Grizzlies or Pacers beat the Heat. At least they're going to have a chance to play the Heat, unlike us who will be getting our asses kicked by these teams with zero stars, never mind "superstars."

Also, I hope you're not suggesting Melo > Durant because that would be the dumbest thing you've ever said, trolling or not.
Old 05-16-2013, 01:27 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BallerT1215 View Post
I'm not sure what GSW is missing to take the next step. Obviously, Dwight would be a nice addition, but then you are taking away Barnes? I'm not sure that really takes them to a championship caliber team. I do like what Bogut has done in these playoffs, but who knows how long his health will hold up.
Not much really. We're two wins away from the West Conference finals and we're doing it without our all star PF.

RIP themaninblack
Old 05-16-2013, 01:29 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

One thing that makes my blood boil watching GSW play is Andrew Bogut's "help defense". He'll hedge out but he will just let the guy getting screened get a wide open shot and go hit the boards instead. He never challenges those.
Old 05-16-2013, 01:33 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forenci View Post
So, when you're wrong it's just because LeBron didn't step up? It happens. To every "superstar." Dallas only had one star and won it. The Spurs arguably only had one legit superstar legitimately through their runs (Duncan early, Parker later).

And part of having a sick bench is so that when your stars ARE off they can pick up the slack.

I'm sorry, but your basketball knowledge is pretty terrible, BBD. It's pretty easy to look back on a lot of what you said and see how wrong it is. And who cares about if the Grizzlies or Pacers beat the Heat. At least they're going to have a chance to play the Heat, unlike us who will be getting our asses kicked by these teams with zero stars, never mind "superstars."

Also, I hope you're not suggesting Melo > Durant because that would be the dumbest thing you've ever said, trolling or not.
LeBron didn't just not step up. He pretty much tanked the games. He was in full ***** mode in that series. He passed the ball like a hot potato like he wanted no part of it at all.

I find it unusual that everyone seems to forget this about LeBron and gives him a pass for this, but if youre going to be mentioned as potentially the GOAT, there's NO WAY he can ever have his name in that discussion for 2 simple reasons:

1. Game 5 vs Boston
2. The Dallas Finals

No GOAT would ever quit on his team. And LeBron did it twice in his career. For that reason alone he can never be the GOAT. And for some reason everyone wants to conveniently forget that he ever did this.

Everyone wants to assassinate the character of guys like Kobe and Melo. I'll take their "character" over a turd like Lebron any day of the week. At least I know they'll never quit on the team I root for.

Lebron did it twice. He's a coward.
Old 05-16-2013, 01:37 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Just sit back and enjoy the train-wreck at this point man. You're wasting your time.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 01:38 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He's not a coward. Stop tossing that word around so eagerly. We've been over this. Stop with this BS. If he goes out and wins 5-6 rings, 5-6 MVPs no one will ever give a **** about this. And anyone who does is ignorant.

MJ was a terrible person and an asshole but no one seems to remember that or care when mentioning him. He also had a TON of help to win as much as he did.
Old 05-16-2013, 01:48 PM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
He's not a coward. Stop tossing that word around so eagerly. We've been over this. Stop with this BS. If he goes out and wins 5-6 rings, 5-6 MVPs no one will ever give a **** about this. And anyone who does is ignorant.

MJ was a terrible person and an asshole but no one seems to remember that or care when mentioning him. He also had a TON of help to win as much as he did.
Wow. This x 100.

Sig by the King BK

Quote:
"I wasn't going to lose to Miami, no matter what," Freeman said. "It means a lot to go out there and beat them. Every time I get a chance, I want to destroy them."
Old 05-16-2013, 01:50 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

I don't care if athletes are terrible people or assholes. Just don't kill anyone or rape anyone and we're fine.

Why do we feel the need to have some fake relationship with athletes that we'll never meet? They're not our role models. They don't owe it to us to be good people. They don't owe us anything.

They just have to keep their nose clean and win.

Michael Jordan could be the biggest turd on the planet for all I care. He won. And he didn't kill or rape anyone.

Being a nice guy doesn't mean **** to me. Did you win for me? If you didn't, you can take your nice ass to another team. Just win. That's what sports are about.

I don't need to like the players on my team. I like winners. I don't like losers. So being a nice guy doesn't mean **** to me. Just win and don't kill or rape anyone.
Old 05-16-2013, 01:51 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So guys, who do you think is better: Lebron James or Michael Jordan?
iowatreat54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 01:51 PM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

As a Heat fan, I don't feel Lebron quit vs. Dallas.

I can't speak for Game 5 vs. Boston when he was with Cavs.

Sig by the King BK

Quote:
Old 05-16-2013, 01:53 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BallerT1215 View Post
As a Heat fan, I don't feel Lebron quit vs. Dallas.

I can't speak for Game 5 vs. Boston when he was with Cavs.
Because you actually think he quit? Or because you're a Heat fan and didn't realize there was a game on?
iowatreat54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 01:56 PM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by iowatreat54 View Post
Because you actually think he quit? Or because you're a Heat fan and didn't realize there was a game on?
I'm not sure I like the tone of that last comment.

No, but honestly, It is because as I watched that game, I did think he gave up a tad by the 4th quarter vs. Boston. I think that whole Boston team had gotten to him at that point.

Sig by the King BK

Quote:
Old 05-16-2013, 01:57 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

You can name any great player who ever played this game: Magic, Michael, Bird, Duncan, Jabbar, Shaq, Kobe, West, Russell, I can name at least 50 of em that would never do what LeBron did that day.

You simply cannot be considered the GOAT when you did that. Imagine if Brady ever sabotaged a playoff game?

LeBron SABOTAGED a playoff game. Do we not realize how serious that is? He's a turd. A giant turd.

To me, that's a much bigger offense than anything Jordan ever did. Jordan might be a jerk, but he's never done anything close to THAT.

But LeBron is supposed to be a good guy? Why? Bc he smiles in commercials and passes the ball around?

Give me a break. LeBron is a giant turd himself. It's well documented. And he did what is equivalent to an unforgivable offense to me.

He quit. He sabotaged a game. So yes, that makes him a coward.
Old 05-16-2013, 01:58 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

Win and don't kill or rape anyone!!!!!!!

RIP themaninblack
Old 05-16-2013, 02:02 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

I don't think he quit. That's your opinion. And again, like you said, winning solves everything. If LeBron gets his rings, gets his MVPs and we begin to LEGITIMATELY debate Jordan vs LeBron then no one is going to give a flying frag grenade about one game. That's just how it is. Like you said, winning solves everything, including being a douche bag off the field, court, whatever.
Old 05-16-2013, 02:06 PM    (permalink
pierce2walker
Pro Bowler

pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

2010 Lebron vs. Boston was not a good look for him.
Old 05-16-2013, 02:07 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jordan's gambling debts got his dad killed and him suspended for a year, aka MJ's first retirement. I ******* hate LeBron for being a punk *****, but MJ was an infinitely worse human being.

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 02:07 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

BBD be trollin'

RIP themaninblack
Old 05-16-2013, 02:24 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosebud View Post
Jordan's gambling debts got his dad killed and him suspended for a year, aka MJ's first retirement. I ******* hate LeBron for being a punk *****, but MJ was an infinitely worse human being.
When did this happen? I thought his dad was murdered while taking a nap or something?