Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Old 05-17-2013, 10:55 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trogdor View Post
I think the majority here would LOVE to see Free go back to being one of PFF's top rated OT's but would settle for Free being invisible on the field rather than a constant talking point.
Nope. I would love for him to sit his ass on the bench but it won't happen because of Jerry. I expect Free to start the season over Parnell because of what he makes, and because of what he used to be. Jerry doesn't want to be completely wrong here and he's willing to crash and burn with these types of things even though Parnell showed he was much better then him.

If it's a competition Parnell would win, but it won't be, Free will start until he almost gets Romo killed. I just give up hoping we do things that make sense anymore, it's just a waste of energy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 01:07 PM    (permalink
leroyisgod
Pro Bowler

leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
Nope. I would love for him to sit his ass on the bench but it won't happen because of Jerry. I expect Free to start the season over Parnell because of what he makes, and because of what he used to be. Jerry doesn't want to be completely wrong here and he's willing to crash and burn with these types of things even though Parnell showed he was much better then him.

If it's a competition Parnell would win, but it won't be, Free will start until he almost gets Romo killed. I just give up hoping we do things that make sense anymore, it's just a waste of energy.
Holy hatred towards the guy. I have nothing personal against him, I just think he sucks. If he can get better, then sure put him out there.

Signature courtesy of BoneKrusher
leroyisgod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 01:30 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't have anything personal against him at all, or any hatred, I just don't want one of the worst lineman in the NFL last year to play. I don't think that's asking for much. Sometimes we forget that between how bad his suckage was on the field during actual plays, he led all offensive lineman with the most penalties and most false starts. So between stalling drives with useless penalties pushing us back, when we finally got to run the play he was bad in between.

I'm not really optimistic about Free being the better guy considering he has been on a steady rapid decline for 2 years now. But his salary demands that he'll more then likely get the first crack, but yea, pardon me if it bothers me that we have Free getting paid the same amount as Tyson Clabo but at least it doesn't hamper our dead money too bad.

Quote:
Old 05-17-2013, 01:52 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pocketaces View Post
I read year 1 is guaranteed but year 2 is not.
Then isn't that the best thing we could've done for us?

If year 2 isn't guaranteed then we can easily cut him. Our dead money problem which was a damn huge one is essentially gone.

$3.5M this year... shoot, I'm fine with having to put up with that. I'm willing to give Callahan some testing here. If he can fix Doug or if he can find a good replacement for him from the scraps we have, then his reputation continues to stand as one of the best OL coaches in the game.

I really am looking forward to our new OL with Frederick at C. I think that's where it all starts and if we got that covered, then things improve overall. We always here that you gotta build from the inside-out.

Free might start.. that is true. But I don't think for a second that his leash will be long.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 02:18 PM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
Then isn't that the best thing we could've done for us?

If year 2 isn't guaranteed then we can easily cut him. Our dead money problem which was a damn huge one is essentially gone.

$3.5M this year... shoot, I'm fine with having to put up with that. I'm willing to give Callahan some testing here. If he can fix Doug or if he can find a good replacement for him from the scraps we have, then his reputation continues to stand as one of the best OL coaches in the game.

I really am looking forward to our new OL with Frederick at C. I think that's where it all starts and if we got that covered, then things improve overall. We always here that you gotta build from the inside-out.

Free might start.. that is true. But I don't think for a second that his leash will be long.
100 times this. I'm not going to lie and say I didn't want us to figure out a way to not mortgage the future and be able to bring in Winston or Clabo HOWEVER this was always the best case scenario for the team.

Non guaranteed second year means that either Doug Free is a TOP TIER RT this season or he's a free agent without hampering our cap next year.

On top of that he has VERY little long-term leverage which means Parnell will get a reasonable shot during camp to unseat him. Will Doug Free get the #1 crack? Of course. Is he guaranteed the job? Absolutely not.

Parnell is good enough from what we have seen to be a quality backup with potential to be a starter if Free flounders we'll find out whether or not we are drafting/signing a RT to start or a development guy to slot in behind our new starter Mr. Parnell.

Not crippling us cap-wise was VERY Un-Jerry-like so this move actually excited me given the future financial state of the team.
Trogdor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 12:59 PM    (permalink
Macarthur
Pro Bowler

Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Looks like the EAgles have released this guy.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/p...iguel-maysonet

worth a look?

-Douglas MacArthur
Macarthur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 01:10 PM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macarthur View Post

worth a look?
I took him in the late rounds a few times in mocks. Honestly thought he was going to get looks in the draft after being crazy successful at Stony Brook. In the few instances I could find tape on him he has the vision to be successful. He does NOT have the top end speed you need though. I really liked him when we were talking about one-cut zone offensive schemes.

From what I understand he was WAAAY down the chart with the Eagles and was unable to go to minicamp due to rules about Seniors graduating. Given he could be direct competition for Phillip Tanner I would love to bring him in.

Quote:
STRENGTHS Sees snaps from single back, I formation, and pistol. Decisive upfield cuts to continue forward momentum. Sees front side lanes even if run calls for different gap. Determined runner, little wasted movement, makes a choice and sticks to it. Refuses to go down on first contact, takes some big hits because of it. Patient on zone read and sticks with mesh point. Always churning his legs, that's his best quality, never stops. Rarely anything fancy. Protects the football confidently and absorbs contact. Has enough long speed to sustain.
WEAKNESSES Runs a bit upright, arms flailing to keep balance on occasion. Rarely looks back side for cut back lanes. Eyes can be bigger than stomach in terms of hurdling tacklers in the open field. Does not possess break away speed. Lacks creative quickness to create when stopped behind the line of scrimmage.
NFL COMPARISON Alfred Morris
Old 05-20-2013, 01:43 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

worth a look?
Who are the guys currently fighting for the #3 RB spot? Dunbar and?
Old 05-20-2013, 01:57 PM    (permalink
Macarthur
Pro Bowler

Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Dunbar, Tanner and Lawrence are the guys vying for that 3rd spot.

I know Lawrence got some positive press during the first rookie mini camp.

-Douglas MacArthur
Macarthur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 08:23 PM    (permalink
Witten4HOF
Veteran

Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

worth a look?
Tough to keep a guy as a #3 if he doesn't give you anything on special teams to work with. While he did return some kicks in college that clearly wasn't his forte and im not sure he has to measurables that translate to PR duties. If he can come in and gun on kickoffs and possibly contribute as the personal protector on punts that would make him more valuable.
Witten4HOF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 08:31 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Could our OL go from a unit of weakness to a unit of strength despite the lack of moves in FA and no other OL taken in the draft after Frederick?

I'm not ready to say no to that...

LT Tyron Smith / Doug Free
LG Nate Livings / David Arkin
C Travis Frederick / Phil Costa
RG Ron Leary / Mackenzy Bernadeau
RT Jeremy Parnell / Doug Free
Old 05-20-2013, 09:01 PM    (permalink
Witten4HOF
Veteran

Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Could our OL go from a unit of weakness to a unit of strength despite the lack of moves in FA and no other OL taken in the draft after Frederick?

I'll reserve my answer until after training camp where we actually see some live snaps and there has been time to work out the early position battles. No one other that Tyron in set in stone and there are an infinite number of combinations that could be thrown out there.

-At this point C is Frederick's position to lose but if he struggles expect him to bump one of the starters at guard. The team has too much invested the big man to have him riding the pine. This is probably Arkin's last hurrah, at the end of the day I think Costa/ Kowalski bump him off of the roster for good.

-I am still a tad "leery" about Leary's chances of starting this year and in my mind he is still a year away from taking over. I really think that he will be a valuable asset in the future and probably the first reserve player off of the bench this year but he still has to prove he can handle the mental aspects of the game. I expect Livings to retain the LG position unless Frederick gets shifted to guard and we will see if Mac can improve from a sub par first season at RG.

- I also wouldn't be surprised if Free still manages to edge Parnell as the starter coming out of camp. He should have a chip on his shoulder considering he was forced to take a pay cut and that fire could inspire him to clean up his technique. Broaddus commented a couple of weeks ago on Doug and mentioned his major issue was when he was unable to land the initial punch off of the snap. Said he is a completely different player when he is able to land a blow to keep space and slide compared to defenders getting into his chest. Free doesn't have enough squat/ strength to reestablish position and thats when he gets walked back into the pocket or opened up for a two way release. As for Parnell, I'm not sure the team is completely ready to bet the ranch on his ability to start 16 games. Although, he played well last year he was heavily rotated with Free instead of flat out replacing him at RT. Combine that with the flirtation with Winston and Clabo this offseason instead of bringing in a mid level journeyman for insurance purposes leads me to believe there are still some questions.
Witten4HOF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 09:11 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

I think Free will start over Parnell out of camp for sure. But I don't think he'll keep it for long. Then again, Free could always surprise and play good. hah.
Old 05-21-2013, 10:00 AM    (permalink
leroyisgod
Pro Bowler

leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Obviously this is the major glaring weakness coming out of last season. And one in which we only made one move with the drafting of Frederick.

One name that nobody has really talked about is Tyron Smith. I personally was highly critical of his play last year. It wasn't a smooth transition going from RT to LT. He had the 2nd most amount of penalties next to Free in the league. Smith needs to make a HUGE step forward this year.

Old 05-21-2013, 10:13 AM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by leroyisgod View Post
Obviously this is the major glaring weakness coming out of last season. And one in which we only made one move with the drafting of Frederick.

One name that nobody has really talked about is Tyron Smith. I personally was highly critical of his play last year. It wasn't a smooth transition going from RT to LT. He had the 2nd most amount of penalties next to Free in the league. Smith needs to make a HUGE step forward this year.
Just an observation from me I have no idea if it is backed up throughout the season or not. I noticed Smith relying VERY little on inside help and cheated that direction and depended on reacting to the defender as far as outside rushes. Personally that should be the opposite if you have solid inside play. You want your LT to either A) force defenders WAY wide of the pocket or B) into a guard for a double team. Smith seemed hesistant to ask for any help and given the play last season I can't blame him. This personally probably led to holds on faster players who he could not react fast enough to while cheating inside. Didn't re-watch his penalties to verify but an observation I remember having during the season.
Old 05-21-2013, 10:17 AM    (permalink
leroyisgod
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trogdor View Post
Just an observation from me I have no idea if it is backed up throughout the season or not. I noticed Smith relying VERY little on inside help and cheated that direction and depended on reacting to the defender as far as outside rushes. Personally that should be the opposite if you have solid inside play. You want your LT to either A) force defenders WAY wide of the pocket or B) into a guard for a double team. Smith seemed hesistant to ask for any help and given the play last season I can't blame him. This personally probably led to holds on faster players who he could not react fast enough to while cheating inside. Didn't re-watch his penalties to verify but an observation I remember having during the season.
I also noticed some issues with his run blocking as well. He seemed a little stiff and upright.

Old 05-21-2013, 10:22 AM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

Oh on the note of run blocking he got bigger over the offseason. Reportedly weighed in 10 pounds heavier :) Should help out.

Quote:
I’ve heard it argued that Dallas’ mediocre offensive line play from a year ago has little shot of an upgrade because the Cowboys didn’t undergo enough change. But there can be changes: A new starting center in rookie first-rounder Travis Frederick; competition for the incumbent guards; a chance for Jermey Parnell to beat out Doug Free at right tackle; left tackle Tyron Smith’s added 10 pounds making him more of a road-grader.
Some more fun notes would be that Kiffin stated it's an "open competition" for the glamour spot (3-tech) between Hatcher and Ratliff with the loser being the 1-tech. Hatcher is the odds-on favorite.

Last edited by Trogdor : 05-21-2013 at 10:24 AM.
Old 05-21-2013, 02:47 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by leroyisgod View Post

You should be critical of his play, he didn't have a pro bowl caliber of a season and still has areas to work on. That said, he played last season at 21 years old, the rookie tackles coming into the league now are still only his age and he has 2 years of experience. Not only that, but who else on the line would we even have considered a "solid" player? Maybe Livings and he may not even start this year.

Basically I think Tyron still has growing to do, but seeing as how he stepped in as a 20 year old rookie I knew it was going to take some time. He needed to get his strength up, get his technique down, etc. It was his first season at LT in some years and he was probably the youngest starting offensive lineman in the year at any position. I don't expect him to even hit his prime until maybe 25-26 or so, but I do expect a solid amount of growth this year.

I haven't given him a free pass, but he got better as the year went on and all things considered I'm extremely happy to have him. Seeing teams trying to sign Max Starks and Jermon Bushrod makes me even happier we have him, locking him up longterm will be imperative.

Quote:
Old 05-21-2013, 02:48 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

Good read on DeVonte Hollomon here, gives some insight on him as a player and projects him as a starter on the strongside for us eventually:

Quote:
Plenty has been made about Monte Kiffin’s 4-3 scheme in Dallas. How will the team’s pass rush and personnel transition from a three man front with pass rushing outside linebackers to down defensive ends in a four man front. Pressure on the quarterback will be critical, as is Sean Lee’s health to run the pipe in the middle of the Tampa-2 coverage. With Lee manning the inside linebacker spot, the improving Bruce Carter should see plenty of ball carriers funneled his way from the weakside.

In terms of the linebacker group, the competition for the strong side position appears to be fairly open. With that said, do not sleep on sixth-round pick DeVonte Holloman from South Carolina. When discussing former safety or “spur” prospects who have bulked up, the immediate assumption is they project to the weakside. However, I see Holloman’s best projection as lining up to the strength of the formation and potentially even on the line of scrimmage in a 4-3 under scheme.

Before I go any further, let me admit to being a big fan of Holloman’s. In fact he checked in at No. 65 on my pre-draft top 151. Some might question that listing, since the Gamecock linebacker was selected with pick No. 185, but these things happen.

A consistent pass rush and rangy safeties can be important for any base cover 2 defense, but, against the run, Kiffin and the on-field talent will attempt to funnel ball carriers inside to the downhill linebackers in Sean Lee and Bruce Carter. When aligned at the end of the formation at the line of scrimmage, Holloman consistently used his length/leverage to create separation, while keeping his outside arm free, to force runs back inside or even make the tackle. This will have to continue in the NFL, since Holloman should see plenty of tight end and lead blockers on his side of the field. There were obvious times when Holloman led with his shoulder and lost backfield vision, but more often than not he played with good pad level and under control as to not get sealed off. On top of that, Holloman flashed some pass rushing ability with an arm over swim move and willingness to play big when closing on the passer after turning the corner.

When at the second level, Holloman was a bit more lackadaisical, showing less urgency to attack blockers and beat them immediately. That is not to say he was overmatched, but too often he did little other than accomplishing his assignment, which was to take on tight ends and offensive linemen and funnel things inside.

As a former safety, many would immediately surmise Holloman’s strength is in coverage. I wouldn’t go that far and instead evaluate his ability in zone as adequate. He was asked to play plenty of curl to flat coverage in his area of the field, but Holloman struggled to restart his momentum once slowing down on multiple breaking routes. I do like how he attempted to find his assignment through his hands, then turned to find the quarterback’s eyes. That contact to slow his opposition will definitely be necessary, especially if aligned at the line of scrimmage over top or next to tight ends.

Holloman also saw snaps in man coverage over top of detached tight ends. He seemed more comfortable in these situations, keeping that contact downfield and disrupting at the catch point. However, just like the flashes in the running game, Holloman could be caught flat footed or with a passive attitude, and it was apparent on slants crossing over his face.

There are obvious times when the game slows down for Holloman, which is a good thing. Attempting to strip the ball from ball carriers’ hands, locating a tipped pass in coverage to come down with the interception, playing big with his arms extended to cut off a running back’s angles and make the tackle in space. I never saw him get dominated at the point of attack, and outside of a handful of snaps, Holloman was a competitor in a variety of alignments. An understanding of how to shed blocks and never letting the opposition’s hands into your chest is a transcendent trait.

I truly do think Holloman can start on the strong side. Now, that might not happen immediately, since teams’ expectations for sixth-round selections are quite low. And even claiming a player to be a potential starter isn’t a ringing endorsement. However, Holloman can help a team win, which is the base level evaluation you want in every draft selection.
http://www.rotoworld.com/articles/cf...ms-lb-holloman

I thought we hit homeruns on all 3 defensive selections, I think we got some starters out of those guys, even though odds are against us that it happens that way.

Quote:
Old 05-24-2013, 01:43 PM    (permalink
Rev Bolyard
Rookie

Rev Bolyard could make a wolverine purr.Rev Bolyard could make a wolverine purr.Rev Bolyard could make a wolverine purr.Rev Bolyard could make a wolverine purr.Rev Bolyard could make a wolverine purr.Rev Bolyard could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:

Gonna piggyback off this post and attempt to name my 53 man roster for the 1st game of the season:

QB - 2
Tony Romo
Kyle Orton

HB - 3
DeMarco Murray
Joseph Randle
Lance Dunbar

WR - 5
Dez Bryant
Miles Austin
Dwayne Harris
Terrance Williams
Cole Beasley
Danny Coale (will begin season on PUP)

TE - 4
Jason Witten
James Hannah
Gavin Escobar
Paul Freedman

OT - 3
Tyron Smith
Doug Free
Jeremy Parnell

OG - 5
Nate Livings
Mackenzy Bernardeau
Ronald Leary
David Arkin
Kevin Kowalski (can also play C)

C - 2
Travis Frederick
Phil Costa

DE - 5
DeMarcus Ware
Anthony Spencer
Kyle Wilbur
Alex Albright (can also play SLB)
Tyrone Crawford

DT - 5
Jay Ratliff
Jason Hatcher
Robert Callaway
Sean Lissemore
Ben Bass

OLB - 4
Bruce Carter
Justin Durant
Ernie Sims
Devonte Holloman

MLB - 2
Sean Lee
Brandon Magee

CB - 5
Brandon Carr
Morrie Claiborne
Orlando Scandrick
BW Webb
Sterling Moore

SS - 2
Barry Church
JJ Wilcox

FS - 3
Will Allen
Matt Johnson
Jakar Hamilton

K - Dan Bailey
P - Chris Jones
LS - LP Ladouceur

Offense - 24
Defense - 26
Special Teams - 3
Rev Bolyard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 02:35 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I am watching 2008 Hard knocks right now and I didn't realize Danny Amendola was a Cowboy. What was the story on him when he was trying to make the team for you guys? Was there no room for him? He didn't flash or wasn't utilized in the system that was good for him?

I am watching it and surprised to see him on the team.
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 02:55 PM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY+Giants=NYG View Post
I am watching 2008 Hard knocks right now and I didn't realize Danny Amendola was a Cowboy. What was the story on him when he was trying to make the team for you guys? Was there no room for him? He didn't flash or wasn't utilized in the system that was good for him?

I am watching it and surprised to see him on the team.
He looked great and caught everything. He didn't fit the athletic mold the team likes (size+speed) and got caught in a numbers game. He wasn't a special teamer and we weren't going to carry a 5th/6th WR on the roster that couldn't play on special teams.

We slipped him onto the practice squad and he stayed their all year. The next year the Eagles took him to camp and signed him to their PS but he was poached by the Rams.
Old 05-24-2013, 07:04 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Oh ok thanks. I posted it before the episode ended. I saw the PS thing, but the episode ended then. So not sure what happened next. I know he turned them down to stay with you guys.

He looked good on the show like he belonged in the league, but not sure where or what system type player.
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 11:19 PM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

Yeah I mean he's a beast as a slot guy. You don't want him outside on bigger CBs due to jams and he isn't a burner but he's quick, runs smart routes, and catches everything. He's a QB's dream as far as a security blanket.

If he were 3 inches taller he would have never been dropped to the PS and let go. Honestly believe he's the reason we didn't allow Beasley to fall to the way-side last year. FO loves their size/speed guys.
Old 05-27-2013, 05:45 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

A guy over at BTB says he has a copy of our draft board. Highlights

Safetys
Rambo not on their board. Thomas was pegged for the 4th round, behind Cyprian, Wilcox, Gratz, and Swearinger, all 3rd round grades (in order)

numbers
18 first round grades, 22 second round, 28 third round, 21 fourth, 28 fifth

Top of the 5th round
For Schwenke

Vast difference for whatever reason
Armstead not even on their board in the first 5 rounds of grades as far as I can find playing the where’s waldo game and reading through each name. No idea why. Williams was their 22nd overall talent (2nd round grade). Wilcox was mid 3rd round grade.
Bonus: Randle had a 3rd round grade. Bernard was 29th overall on their board (2nd round grade). Escobar 25th overall.

Datone Jones 3rd round grade, 9 spots behind Wilcox

Cowboys had Brandon MaGee with a 4th round grade and Devonte Holloman with a 5th round grade. Sharriff Floyd was 5th on their board. Sly Williams had a 2nd round grade. Travis Frederick and Terrance Williams were only 1 spot apart on their overall board.

Lattimore not on their board
Franklin had a high 5th round grade

High 3rd round for Brown
Warford not on their board.

Escobar was the highest on their board at 47 other than Terrance Williams.

Heres the link http://www.bloggingtheboys.com/2013/...ys-draft-board

Further down he has a text version of our complete board along with a pic.

Good stuff

The greastest team of all time...The OKLAHOMA SOONERS!!! http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3849468
pocketaces is offline   Reply With Quote