Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 05-17-2013, 01:51 AM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nobodyinparticular View Post
No, we live in a negative universe in which more is less.
All these years, I've been lost.

Mbakwe's wingspan is nuts.

Sig by the King BK

Fear the Spear - Winston Era has begun....
Quote:
"I wasn't going to lose to Miami, no matter what," Freeman said. "It means a lot to go out there and beat them. Every time I get a chance, I want to destroy them."
BallerT1215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 02:00 AM    (permalink
pierce2walker
Pro Bowler

pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BallerT1215 View Post
P2W ...love the spreadsheet +rep.....but I think you got the w and w/o shoe columns mixed up...I'm sure they are taller with shoes.
Damn good catch. It should be good now...I hope.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...Wc&output=html

A couple things that stood out to me:

-Steven Adams is a man child. Obviously he has great length, but also being 254 and with 6.7% body fat is awesome for a 19 year old kid. Plus he's a good athlete on top of that.

-Burke really solidified himself and answered/exceeded any questions about height/length.

-I know he's been injured, but only 206 for Noel is scary.

-Gobert...my God...we had heard about the 7'9" wingspan coming in, but that 9'7" reach blew my mind.

Last edited by pierce2walker : 05-17-2013 at 02:13 AM.
pierce2walker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 02:04 AM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dabears10 View Post
JACKIE CARMICHAEL!

Bingo. This is the guy that I had in my mind when I asked that question. Noticed you also compared him to Taj Gibson. That's who I had in mind too. I think he's gonna be a great get for someone in Round 2.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 06:53 AM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
Bingo. This is the guy that I had in my mind when I asked that question. Noticed you also compared him to Taj Gibson. That's who I had in mind too. I think he's gonna be a great get for someone in Round 2.
I think there's a good chance he goes in the first round.

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 08:57 AM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Lot of these guys measured out better then I thought they would. I thought Noel was going top out at 6'9 without shoes.

Also Gobert's wingspan and reach are freakish.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 10:28 AM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Cody Zeller had a 35.5" standing vertical, that's a lot higher than I was expecting.

5 inches more than Mason Plumlee who a lot of people think is the most athletic big in the draft.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 01:14 PM    (permalink
pierce2walker
Pro Bowler

pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Damn Zeller putting up absolutely monster numbers. I expected him to test well in terms of speed and agility, but I didn't expect him to put up monster jump numbers as well.

His 8'10 standing reach is really poor for someone his height though and as a result I think Zeller is much more of a PF than a C at this point. He has the skills, athleticism, and his length won't punish him as much there. We all saw how he got pushed around and dominated by length when having to play inside.
Old 05-17-2013, 01:22 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm actually starting to warm up to Zeller as a hi/low PF. If his passing and 10-15 range is as good as advertised, i wouldn't mind having him. He's testing out pretty well athletically, and he's a 7fter in shoes.
Old 05-17-2013, 01:29 PM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo123 View Post
Cody Zeller had a 35.5" standing vertical, that's a lot higher than I was expecting.

5 inches more than Mason Plumlee who a lot of people think is the most athletic big in the draft.
I'm actually not surprised by this at all. It always seemed like Zeller was one of those athletic white boys.

Oldie but a goodie.
nobodyinparticular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 01:33 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I'm actually not surprised by this at all. It always seemed like Zeller was one of those athletic white boys.
I thought he was a solid athlete and the best big man running the floor wise in the draft.

But that standing vertical was the highest of any center in the draft since 2000. (I suppose whether or not he's a actually a center is another conversation, but he did measure in at 7 feet in shoes.)
Old 05-17-2013, 01:35 PM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetSox17 View Post
I'm actually starting to warm up to Zeller as a hi/low PF. If his passing and 10-15 range is as good as advertised, i wouldn't mind having him. He's testing out pretty well athletically, and he's a 7fter in shoes.
Is he anything more than Jason Thompson with white skin though? Maybe a little better shooting range.

My favorites are Burke, Porter and Opadipo. Only problem is Oladipo measured in a littl bit shorter than hoped (but about what I expected if I were honest with myself) and as a result really can't be expected to play SF at all.

I have no idea what the Kings are going to do this offseason. Sell off side assets (Thornton, Hayes) for pennies on the dollar? Turn in a big chip for littler chips (DMC, Reke)? Stand pat and see what a better coach can do? Get rid of marginals (Jimmer, JJ, Salmons)?

There's just no identity to this team. And therefore no idea of what the Kings will do.

Vivek was right though. It won't happen overnight.

Oldie but a goodie.
Old 05-17-2013, 01:36 PM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo123 View Post
I thought he was a solid athlete and the best big man running the floor wise in the draft.

But that standing vertical was the highest of any center in the draft since 2000. (I suppose whether or not he's a actually a center is another conversation, but he did measure in at 7 feet in shoes.)
Oh damn. Didn't realize it was that high. So higher than Dwight??? Wow.

Oldie but a goodie.
Old 05-17-2013, 01:40 PM    (permalink
pierce2walker
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetSox17 View Post
I think he's perfect for that role. He's a highly skilled and athletic guy. He can hit the mid range jumper with ease, pass, and clearly has the athleticism to drive by guys. Then if he gets someone undersized on him you can throw him in the post.

As a C I'm highly skeptical of him. At the center position he has terrible length, will get pushed around, is an average rebounder, and a below average shot blocker.
Old 05-17-2013, 01:40 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

Quote:
Oh damn. Didn't realize it was that high. So higher than Dwight??? Wow.

Yep. But keep in mind Festus Ezeli had the previous high mark and guys like Alex Stephenson and Pops-Mensah Bonsu are near the top of the list.

http://www.draftexpress.com/nba-pre-...=All&sort =10
Old 05-17-2013, 01:51 PM    (permalink
pierce2walker
Pro Bowler

I feel like CJ Leslie likes to do the lane agility drill in his free time.
Old 05-17-2013, 01:55 PM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm always surprised how crappy the standing verts are for NBA prospects relative to NFL prospects. Different type of explosion I guess.

also, Shane Larkin is KILLING it.

Last edited by TACKLE : 05-17-2013 at 02:02 PM.
TACKLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 02:22 PM    (permalink
pierce2walker
Pro Bowler

Tony Mitchell actually kind of reminds me of Josh Smith.

Elite athlete, similar measurements (Mitchell is actually a bit bigger), 3/4 tweener, highly questionable IQ, really good rebounder, really good shot blocker, inconsistent shooter.

And like Smith, I think Mitchell is best served at the 4.

Last edited by pierce2walker : 05-17-2013 at 02:46 PM.
pierce2walker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 02:24 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by TACKLE View Post
I'm always surprised how crappy the standing verts are for NBA prospects relative to NFL prospects. Different type of explosion I guess.

44 inch vertical. Jesus.
Old 05-17-2013, 03:08 PM    (permalink
WCH
All-Pro

WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TACKLE View Post

Think about it in relation to reach. If you have an 8' reach then you need to jump 24" to touch rim, and about 30" to dunk. If you have a 9' reach, then you need to jump 12" to touch rim, and about 18-20" to dunk. If you've got a 8'10" reach and a 30" vertical jump, then you'll be clearing the rim by about a foot.

Now in the grand scheme of things, a 30" vertical jump isn't really all that impressive. Most of the "high flying" perception is an illusion. These guys are just very, very tall.
WCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 03:19 PM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WCH View Post
Think about it in relation to reach. If you have an 8' reach then you need to jump 24" to touch rim, and about 30" to dunk. If you have a 9' reach, then you need to jump 12" to touch rim, and about 18-20" to dunk. If you've got a 8'10" reach and a 30" vertical jump, then you'll be clearing the rim by about a foot.

Now in the grand scheme of things, a 30" vertical jump isn't really all that impressive. Most of the "high flying" perception is an illusion. These guys are just very, very tall.
Basketball players do have a "springyness" about them but it is true that their height makes them look like they're getting up higher than they really are. I just remember being surprised last year when the highest standing vert was only 38" and the 2nd highest was 34" which was the same as what a guy like Trent Williams jumped at 315lbs (Trent is a freak but still).
Old 05-17-2013, 03:21 PM    (permalink
pierce2walker
Pro Bowler

It makes sense that NFL athletes test out more explosively. Football is played in extremely short bursts so that immediate explosion is critical. Basketball requires requires a different type of athlete (and obviously height plays a big role).
Old 05-17-2013, 03:52 PM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by pierce2walker View Post
It makes sense that NFL athletes test out more explosively. Football is played in extremely short bursts so that immediate explosion is critical. Basketball requires requires a different type of athlete (and obviously height plays a big role).
Different types of athletes for sure. Basketball players are more...elastic where as football players are more like springs. Most of the football guys have been power lifting all throughout highschool (power cleans, squats, deadlifts, etc.) and that training is meant to develop that explosive power that something like a standing vert is meant to test. Not to mention the NFL prospects are usually a few years older than the NBA guys too. I'm not really trying to make an argument here, it was just an observation.

I'll leave this here in the mean time.

Old 05-17-2013, 09:03 PM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

Oldie but a goodie.
Old 05-18-2013, 01:29 AM    (permalink
pierce2walker
Pro Bowler

I updated the measurements doc and added the athletic testing. I put the athletic number adjacent to and below the measurement numbers so you can choose whichever way is easiest to read.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...Wc&output=html
Old 05-18-2013, 10:02 AM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I can't wait to boo the **** out of Zeller this year. Nothing will ever top Hansbrough (he almost punched a high schooler for flipping his hat off), but Zeller should be pretty solid.