Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2014 NFL Draft Forum

2014 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2014 NFL Draft

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-18-2013, 01:36 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default PF28's Top 20 Seniors

I've been evaluating a bunch of the senior prospects over the last couple weeks, and I want to get my initial thoughts out there.

1. Jake Matthews – OT – Texas A&M
I like him more than Joeckel as a prospect and think he'll make the transition to LT without a problem.
2. Taylor Lewan – OT – Michigan
I had some doubts about Lewan during times through his junior season but he showed great ability having to face Clowney in the bowl game.
3. CJ Mosley – LB – Alabama
Complete backer prospect with the ability to cover and breakdown plays.
4. Tahj Boyd – QB – Clemson
Positional value boosts him up this high, had a much improved junior season.
5. James Hurst – OT – North Carolina
James had the luxury of playing next to Cooper but he played very well himself and would get more early attention if it wasn't for Matthews and Lewan.
6. Jason Verrett – CB – TCU
Most complete corner in the entire class and has played the part the last two seasons at TCU.
7. Ra’Shede Hageman – DT – Minnesota
As bad as the Gophers are, Hageman is the real deal. Extremely athletic for his size and a solid game against Travis Frederick last year.
8. Bene Bewikere – CB/S – San Jose State
Physical corner with terrific ball skills, thinking he might be more of a safety prospect.
9. AJ McCarron – QB – Alabama
Count me as one who likes what I see out of AJ. Positional value does boost him up the board a bit but and he has starting ability for the NFL.
10. Aaron Colvin – CB – Oklahoma
Senior class is strong at the top with tackles and secondary players and it's rounded out by Colvin. Another DB with really good ball skills and I could see hm being moved to safety as well.
11. Andrew Jackson – ILB – Western Kentucky
A tackling machine for the Hilltoppers and player who battled, holding his own against Bama while others proved throughout the year that they could not.
12. Anthony Barr – OLB – UCLA
Physically the tools are clearly there with his speed but he will need to develop physicality if he plans on being more than a situational player in the NFL.
13. Cyril Richardson – OG – Baylor
Baylor's running attack was an impressive unit last season and Richardson's contributions on the line are a large factor in making it happen.
14. Jordan Matthews – WR – Vanderbilt
Big receiving target who has proven to be able to perform despite being the focus of the defense in stopping the pass. Won't wow physically otherwise he'd be higher up.
15. Khalil Mack – OLB – Buffalo
An absolute terror of the edge and it was difficult for me not to put him higher but he is a little on the smaller end.
16. Will Sutton – DT – Arizona State
Much like Mack, Sutton is an absolute terror for opponents but size will be questioned.
17. Christian Jones – OLB – Florida State
I find myself to be difficult on FSU prospects but I like what I see from Jones. He possesses everything you look for in a 43 outside backer prospect.
18. Zack Martin – G/T – Notre Dame
Martin has been a wonderful player for the Irish, might have to kick inside though. Either way, he's no slouch.
19. Hakeem Smith – S – Louisville
Not a strong class for pure safety prospects, but Smith leads the way. A physical presence for Charlie Strong's defense and is a very experienced player.
20. Charles Sims – RB – West Virginia
My favorite running back of all the senior. A bigger back with good speed and shifty for his size. Also is an asset in the passing, as to be expected playing at Houston.

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain

Last edited by princefielder28 : 07-05-2013 at 07:57 AM.
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote