Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2014 NFL Draft Forum

2014 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2014 NFL Draft

Old 05-18-2013, 07:15 PM    (permalink
BRAVEHEART
Pro Bowler

BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Paul Richardson, WR, Colorado

Tore his ACL last year and had a knee injury the year before, so he's somewhat under the radar, but this kid is legit. Deep threat with a long 6'1" frame. It'll be interesting seeing how he bounces back from his injuries. That, and he's playing for a new coach with a new offensive system. Barring injury, I think he'll Biletnikoff finalist this upcoming season.

He was HS teammates with Robert Woods & Marqise Lee. Originally signed with UCLA but was dismissed during the summer for stealing, and ended up at Colorado instead. Before his knee injury, he had a 11 catch 284 yard game that season.

Post injuries 2013 spring game

Sophomore Season

Freshman Season
Old 05-18-2013, 07:21 PM    (permalink
norcalgsr
Veteran

norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Reminds me a lot of AJ Green, just in a smaller package. Would like to see him get up to 185-190 lbs at least.
norcalgsr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 07:39 PM    (permalink
BRAVEHEART
Pro Bowler

BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by norcalgsr View Post
Reminds me a lot of AJ Green, just in a smaller package. Would like to see him get up to 185-190 lbs at least.

I think he's closer to 185 than he is 170 (what he was as a freshman).
Old 05-18-2013, 08:02 PM    (permalink
Big Bird
Rookie

Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Richardson (from that spring game at least), looks a lot like Ochocinco IMO.

I loved Richardson as a sophomore. I thought I was witnessing a future, top level receiver. The torn ACL though is certainly scary and I need to see how he does this year coming off of it. He isn't the biggest or fastest, but looks smooth (similar to Chad).

It's unfortunate his quarterback, granted Webb is average at best, just got charged with a crime.
Big Bird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 08:23 PM    (permalink
FUNBUNCHER
All-Pro

FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hard to believe that Woods/Lee and Richardson were ALL HS teammates.
Old 05-18-2013, 08:24 PM    (permalink
BRAVEHEART
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Bird View Post
Richardson (from that spring game at least), looks a lot like Ochocinco IMO.

I loved Richardson as a sophomore. I thought I was witnessing a future, top level receiver. The torn ACL though is certainly scary and I need to see how he does this year coming off of it. He isn't the biggest or fastest, but looks smooth (similar to Chad).

It's unfortunate his quarterback, granted Webb is average at best, just got charged with a crime.
Chad's a good comparison, but I don't think P-Rich's skills are anything close Ocho's ATM. I do think he looks faster (straight line speed), but not as quick or sudden.

Quote:
Hard to believe that Woods/Lee and Richardson were ALL HS teammates.
and George Farmer who according to their HS coach said was the most gifted.

Last edited by BRAVEHEART : 05-18-2013 at 08:28 PM.
BRAVEHEART is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 10:15 PM    (permalink
coach4fu
Rookie

coach4fu hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Big fan of Richardson. Scouts were all over him during their Spring Game. I think he and Hoffman of BYU are extremely underrated at this point.
coach4fu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 01:47 AM    (permalink
BRAVEHEART
Pro Bowler

10 catches
208 yards
2 Touchdowns

He's back.
Old 09-02-2013, 02:19 AM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I caught that one game a few years ago where he just absolutely shredded Cal by himself and have been intrigued ever since. He really managed to stand out on a pretty terrible football team. Didn't realize he ripped up his knee last year, that's too bad. Certainly seems to have come back from it well though! You wonder how much Colorado will limit some of his exposure...but it's fairly obvious he has some talent. Looks like a 4.4 type guy and he's made some challenging catches to go along with the speed as well. I'll have to see how many Colorado games I can catch this year, but yeah, color me interested.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
ElectricEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 10:42 PM    (permalink
BRAVEHEART
Pro Bowler

Game 2.

11 catches
209 yards
2 TDs.
Old 09-08-2013, 12:23 AM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Believe that makes him the leading receiver in country. The level of competition gets tougher from here on out, but it really looks like it's the start of a very, very good year for Richardson. Haven't managed to catch any Colorado games yet this season, but I'm certainly interested in getting a look if I get a chance to.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
ElectricEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 10:46 PM    (permalink
BeardedOne
Rookie

BeardedOne wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.BeardedOne wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.BeardedOne wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.BeardedOne wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.BeardedOne wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.BeardedOne wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.BeardedOne wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.BeardedOne wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.BeardedOne wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.BeardedOne wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.BeardedOne wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.
Default Paul Richardson, WR, Colorado

I watched the tape of Richardson against Oregon this afternoon. I came away extremely impressed. He reminds me of Vincent Jackson. Thoughts?
Old 01-09-2014, 10:57 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I see Jeremy Maclin. He's a good talent, needs to add some weight and strength at the NFL level, I have him a 2nd rounder right now. Nice vertical threat
Old 01-09-2014, 11:00 PM    (permalink
jballa838
Team Leader
All-Pro

jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeardedOne View Post
I watched the tape of Richardson against Oregon this afternoon. I came away extremely impressed. He reminds me of Vincent Jackson. Thoughts?
You realize Vincent Jackson is 6'5" 250 and Paul Richardson is 6'1 175 or so?

Not withstanding, that tape is really impressive. He went toe to toe against Ifo Ekpre-Olumu and held his own. I'm a big fan, I think he's a potential superstar, not just niche slot WR who can run fast. I really don't like him as a slot prospect to be honest, but he's a candidate to be a legit #1/2 as a WR on the outside. I think that makes him more valuable. I buy the round 1 hype.

Quote:
Originally Posted by slightlyabroncosfan View Post
JBalla is mormon, so naturally he assumes that whenever you get one marriage done, another two or five are in the works.

jballa838 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 03:57 AM    (permalink
duesouth
Rookie

duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like him - really puts stress on CB's with his speed. Ekpre-Olomu struggled against him. Must add some bulk though - really skinny frame.
duesouth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 09:27 AM    (permalink
njx9
Suck it Rob
All-NFLDC

njx9 has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by jballa838 View Post
Not withstanding, that tape is really impressive. He went toe to toe against Ifo Ekpre-Olumu and held his own. I'm a big fan, I think he's a potential superstar, not just niche slot WR who can run fast. I really don't like him as a slot prospect to be honest, but he's a candidate to be a legit #1/2 as a WR on the outside. I think that makes him more valuable. I buy the round 1 hype.
already talked about him with jballa, but the guy is a legit round 1 talent. if he hadn't been buried in the football wasteland that boulder has become, he'd be in the sammy watkins, mike evans, marqise lee discussion.
njx9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 09:34 AM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hes awesome but vincent jackson is a strange comparison to draw
Old 01-10-2014, 11:01 AM    (permalink
gophervike
Rookie

gophervike is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gophervike is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gophervike is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gophervike is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gophervike is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gophervike is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gophervike is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gophervike is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gophervike is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gophervike is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gophervike is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Paul Richardson being compared to Vincent Jackson really made my day.

That said, I'm not a Richardson fan. Very overrated, and I can't seem to to figure out what people see out of him that's so impressive. Even just box score scouting, which I'm sure many do, he hasn't been that dominant. I've got a day 3 grade on him. 5th rounder.
gophervike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 11:05 AM    (permalink
njx9
Suck it Rob
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by gophervike View Post
That said, I'm not a Richardson fan. Very overrated, and I can't seem to to figure out what people see out of him that's so impressive. Even just box score scouting, which I'm sure many do, he hasn't been that dominant. I've got a day 3 grade on him. 5th rounder.
speed, route running, hands... i'm not sure what's not impressive, unless you're holding cu's qb play against him. but you're right, if all you do is stare at stats, he's not going to jump off the page at you.
Old 01-10-2014, 11:20 AM    (permalink
fredder
Veteran

fredder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fredder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fredder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fredder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fredder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fredder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fredder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fredder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fredder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fredder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fredder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
speed, route running, hands... i'm not sure what's not impressive, unless you're holding cu's qb play against him. but you're right, if all you do is stare at stats, he's not going to jump off the page at you.
Richardson's hands are inconsistent. He makes some great catches but he's had some really bad drops as well. I really like him though and I could see him having an impact similar to Kenny Stills as a rookie. I'm not sure he has the all-around game to be a first rounder, especially with how deep this class of WRs is, but I'd be happy to take him in the 2nd.
fredder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 11:24 AM    (permalink
gophervike
Rookie

gophervike is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gophervike is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gophervike is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gophervike is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gophervike is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gophervike is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gophervike is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gophervike is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gophervike is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gophervike is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gophervike is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Richardson played this season at 170 pounds and is not strong or physical for his size. Underdeveloped route tree. Not a great leaper. Inconsistent hands, prefers to body catch. Does not display YAC ability going over the middle/making catches in traffic.

He is fast but does not have elite speed (probably a 4.4 to 4.45 guy) to compensate for his lack of prowess in other areas.

Got force fed the ball because he was the Buffs only play-maker. Similar to why Allen Robinson is overrated as well. The skills do not match the production.
Old 01-10-2014, 07:41 PM    (permalink
BeardedOne
Rookie

BeardedOne wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.BeardedOne wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.BeardedOne wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.BeardedOne wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.BeardedOne wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.BeardedOne wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.BeardedOne wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.BeardedOne wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.BeardedOne wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.BeardedOne wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.BeardedOne wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

I wouldn't say that Richardson has size issues when all he has to do is add muscle to his frame. He might struggle his rookie year, but many young players do. IMO he plays bigger than he is.
Old 01-10-2014, 08:30 PM    (permalink
gophervike
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeardedOne View Post
I wouldn't say that Richardson has size issues when all he has to do is add muscle to his frame. He might struggle his rookie year, but many young players do. IMO he plays bigger than he is.
Why do you think he plays bigger than he is?

He is weak and plays soft. Does not win contested catches or work himself open in the red zone.

If you want a guy that is small but plays big check out Brandin Cooks.
Old 01-11-2014, 06:50 PM    (permalink
njx9
Suck it Rob
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by gophervike View Post
He is weak and plays soft. Does not win contested catches or work himself open in the red zone.
that's utter ********, not least because we were basically never in the red zone. he wasn't asked to make plays underneath, or make a lot of plays on what should've been contested balls. i don't think you actually watched him at all, not least because CU was never televised.
Old 01-11-2014, 07:06 PM    (permalink
gophervike
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
that's utter ********, not least because we were basically never in the red zone. he wasn't asked to make plays underneath, or make a lot of plays on what should've been contested balls. i don't think you actually watched him at all, not least because CU was never televised.
Just evaluating what I see on his tape. There is plenty of film out there.

He wasn't asked to make plays underneath? I agree. But it's very likely because that isn't part of his game or skill set. For a passing game as mediocre as CU's, wouldn't it make sense to put your best receiving target in situations where the QB can get him the ball easier? The answer is yes. It just seems like Richardson is averse to contact and is not good at working himself open.

Wasn't asked to make plays on contested balls? That I don't buy. It doesn't make sense. He just physically can't beat out CBs when they are on him and contest for the catch.

Also, if you want to be taken seriously in your opinion on a prospect, I would advise against referring to his team as "we". It presents your evaluation as biased.