Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 05-18-2013, 09:58 PM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
Justified is also on Amazon Prime and I might watch that before The Shield when I'm done with Doctor Who. I can't tell you why I'm not watching Justified as I'm a HUGE Olyphant fan, but I'll get around to it shortly friends.
Boyd Crowder is ******* amazing. Probably a better character than Raylan Givens.

And as I type that Boyd Crowder is on the shield. Wow.
Bert Macklin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 10:21 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Boyd and Raylan are both such incredible characters that I can't pick between them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 10:36 PM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I didn't see that ending coming. ****.

Last edited by Bert Macklin : 05-18-2013 at 10:41 PM.
Old 05-18-2013, 10:41 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Vidae didn't either, he's just being a ****.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 10:54 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I saw it coming before it was even written. Give me a break Corey.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 08:08 AM    (permalink
General Zod
All-Pro

General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just downloaded the first season of Vikings. Havent watched one episode yet. Looking forward to diving into this series I've heard a lot of good about.

http://www.change.org/petitions/trac...share_petition
General Zod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 09:57 AM    (permalink
XxXdragonXxX
Pro Bowler

XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Where did you find it? I couldn't find episodes 1-4 anywhere.
Old 05-19-2013, 10:10 AM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Is tonight the last episode of GoT?

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 10:24 AM    (permalink
comahan
Pillow Hat Pal
All-NFLDC

comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jvig43 View Post
Is tonight the last episode of GoT?
Tonight is episiode 8 of 10.

comahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 01:19 PM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I just watched the 10th episode of House of Cards and I have to say anybody who thinks this is a great show is kidding themselves.

On top off all that, the show is cheaply getting by with the theme of dirty politics. Very few people really trusts politicians and only the naive think nothing shaddy goes on. But Underwood is just an over the top piece of **** that is in no way believable. I'll finish out the show because I have nothing better to do. But me calling this a mediocre show the other day was being kind. It's truly unrealistic rubbish.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidGold View Post
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
Brilliant letting one of Scott Pioli's henchmen have his own team to ruin.  One of the premier GM jobs in the NFL and it gets handed to a stupid **** who makes three facepalm moves for every good one.  Awesome.  Just like handing a new Mercedes to a 16 year old girl who's already been in three wrecks. 
jrdrylie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 01:27 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrdrylie View Post
I just watched the 10th episode of House of Cards and I have to say anybody who thinks this is a great show is kidding themselves.

On top off all that, the show is cheaply getting by with the theme of dirty politics. Very few people really trusts politicians and only the naive think nothing shaddy goes on. But Underwood is just an over the top piece of **** that is in no way believable. I'll finish out the show because I have nothing better to do. But me calling this a mediocre show the other day was being kind. It's truly unrealistic rubbish.
Yeah, I was being kind, but I did say it was nothing more than mediocre. I'm not sure it reaches that level much, but it's kinda bad. And all of the characters are one note. There is nothing compelling about any of them.

Old 05-19-2013, 01:54 PM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Yeah, I was being kind, but I did say it was nothing more than mediocre. I'm not sure it reaches that level much, but it's kinda bad. And all of the characters are one note. There is nothing compelling about any of them.
Is West Wing on Netflix? I might give it a shot.

Quote:
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Brilliant letting one of Scott Pioli's henchmen have his own team to ruin.  One of the premier GM jobs in the NFL and it gets handed to a stupid **** who makes three facepalm moves for every good one.  Awesome.  Just like handing a new Mercedes to a 16 year old girl who's already been in three wrecks. 
Old 05-19-2013, 01:58 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrdrylie View Post
Is West Wing on Netflix? I might give it a shot.
It is, and they know how to do politics right. It will be a breath of fresh air compared to House of Cards.

The West Wing might be my favorite show of all time (in contention with a few others, anyway) so I highly recommend it.

Old 05-19-2013, 02:17 PM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

Double post

Quote:
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Old 05-19-2013, 02:29 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Watch the pilot and you'll be hooked JR.

Old 05-19-2013, 03:56 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Pretty much my exact feelings. I just feel like the writers went out of their way to make everyone motivated by "wrong" intentions. All the characters are just carbon copies of themselves at their core.

I do love the West Wing though. It's not my FAVORITE show of all time, but it's pretty high up there for sure. Sometimes I think they get a little too bogged down in menial things. There is SO much they can do with being in the White House but it often gets caught up on smaller, less dramatic things.
Old 05-19-2013, 04:05 PM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Fringe season 2 Episode 15. MIND= BLOWN
Old 05-19-2013, 04:46 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Haha, your mind will only further be blown, Bert. It gets crazier.
Old 05-19-2013, 04:48 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

See, I never really minded the "small" stuff that West Wing focused on, because not everything can be China vs. Taiwan, etc. The day to day stuff is more interesting to me personally.

Old 05-19-2013, 04:53 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Quote:
See, I never really minded the "small" stuff that West Wing focused on, because not everything can be China vs. Taiwan, etc. The day to day stuff is more interesting to me personally.
I understand. I don't necessarily mean the stuff regarding the characters lives though. I liked all of that. Just I thought it was odd how this recurring theme of "we aren't really doing anything here!" kept popping up in the series when at times it felt like that in the show, and then it would kick into gear and become awesome.
Old 05-19-2013, 06:27 PM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Quote:
Welcome to Dr. Tobias Fünke’s Internet Video Audition Reel! I hope you enjoy the deep range of thespian urges that come out in each of my characters. “Blue Man Group Understudy” was just the tip of my talent. Feel free to insert me into any available openings — my bits are sure to startle you!
http://insertmeanywhere.biz/#/home

Daft Punk Get Lucky Unseen Footage

The Shining

Tobias kills Jason

Brokeback Mountain

Say my name

Last edited by Bert Macklin : 05-19-2013 at 06:32 PM.
Old 05-20-2013, 12:00 AM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forenci View Post
Haha, your mind will only further be blown, Bert. It gets crazier.
Mr Secretary!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 05-20-2013, 12:36 AM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The west wing isn't much better than House of Cards except where house of cards assumes all politicians are scum, the west wing assumes everyone in the Bartlett administration is a true believer.

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 12:41 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosebud View Post
The west wing isn't much better than House of Cards except where house of cards assumes all politicians are scum, the west wing assumes everyone in the Bartlett administration is a true believer.
To your first statement, The West Wing is light years ahead of House of Cards in both writing and acting. To lump those two together is just criminal.

To the second statement, they're all there because they believed in Bartlett from the get go, so I guess that's factual.

Old 05-20-2013, 12:45 AM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Both are seriously flawed, one is just overly cynical while the other hopelessly naive. *shrug* I guess House of Cards is more cynical than West Wing is naive, but both are still quite far off to their respective side. The West Wing is a lot more enjoyable though because the characters are more likeable and CJ is a boss.

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote