Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 05-19-2013, 06:11 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just give him some roids while he isn't playing, eat the 1/2 season suspension once he is healthy, suck hard next year and get another top 3 pick. Profit.
Old 05-19-2013, 06:21 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He's probably already on that HGH. Can't wait for the reports of his ACL recovery being "superhuman".
Old 05-19-2013, 06:51 PM    (permalink
pierce2walker
Pro Bowler

pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
Think any teams will want to trade up?
I think they could be more movement than usual due to the lack of top tier talent in this year's draft. I wouldn't be surprised to see teams be willing to move down at a cheaper rate if they aren't in love with whoever is left at their spot.
Old 05-19-2013, 06:53 PM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What about a comparison to KG for him?

Not the current KG, but the 18 year old that came into the league.

Edit: Starts at :45

Sig by the King BK

Fear the Spear - Winston Era has begun....
Quote:
"I wasn't going to lose to Miami, no matter what," Freeman said. "It means a lot to go out there and beat them. Every time I get a chance, I want to destroy them."

Last edited by BallerT1215 : 05-19-2013 at 06:59 PM.
BallerT1215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 07:07 PM    (permalink
pierce2walker
Pro Bowler

pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

KG was far more skilled than Noel coming into the league. A lot of people were projecting him as a SF.

The Noel weight definitely is concerning when you consider that he can't play away from the basket. The multiple knee injuries also can't be overlooked. But if he can gain enough strength his defensive potential is unreal. I'm not a fan of the Wallace comparison because Wallace was freakishly strong, but Noel's quickness, athleticism, and length combination is terrific.

At the moment I see him as a rich man's Larry Sanders (assuming he can stay healthy and put on some weight/strength).
Old 05-19-2013, 07:08 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think Victor Oladipo and Trey Burke are the top two prospects in this draft, and then I'm not sure what order I'd rate the players in yet.

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 08:42 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pierce2walker View Post
KG was far more skilled than Noel coming into the league. A lot of people were projecting him as a SF.

The Noel weight definitely is concerning when you consider that he can't play away from the basket. The multiple knee injuries also can't be overlooked. But if he can gain enough strength his defensive potential is unreal. I'm not a fan of the Wallace comparison because Wallace was freakishly strong, but Noel's quickness, athleticism, and length combination is terrific.

At the moment I see him as a rich man's Larry Sanders (assuming he can stay healthy and put on some weight/strength).

Even coming out of college granted he spent 3 years but Sanders showed a lot more offensively than Noel has up to this point.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 09:37 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob S View Post
Just give him some roids while he isn't playing, eat the 1/2 season suspension once he is healthy, suck hard next year and get another top 3 pick. Profit.
Oddly enough I find this the best reason to draft Noel. lol
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 10:18 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanTaylorRIP View Post
Even coming out of college granted he spent 3 years but Sanders showed a lot more offensively than Noel has up to this point.
No he didn't.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 10:21 PM    (permalink
pierce2walker
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanTaylorRIP View Post
Agreed, but like you said those 2 extra years make a big difference. I don't think he'll ever be some go-to guy, but Noel has the tools to be decent offensively.

I think Noel has more potential defensively due to his quickness, mobility, and athletic ability, but again this is assuming he can put on adequate bulk/strength, which is a very real concern at this point. Apparently he played at 215 last year and he should be okay is he can get up to 235 or so. His frame is best suited to be a PF, but his skillset is that of a limited C at this point.
Old 05-20-2013, 01:13 AM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Shabazz would make more sense than Bennett for the Pistons.

If we're stuck at #7 and McLemore, Nerlens, Burke, Oladipo, and Otto are gone, it'd be down to Shabazz and Carter-Williams for us, so.. whatever. I'd just go with Shabazz and hope the UCLA system was the main reason for him not "living up to the hype"

WMD is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 12:47 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Shabazz would make more sense than Bennett for the Pistons.

If we're stuck at #7 and McLemore, Nerlens, Burke, Oladipo, and Otto are gone, it'd be down to Shabazz and Carter-Williams for us, so.. whatever. I'd just go with Shabazz and hope the UCLA system was the main reason for him not "living up to the hype"
You need a new sig.

I think you guys should trade up and not settle for Shabazz.

Last edited by D-Unit : 05-20-2013 at 01:15 PM.
Old 05-20-2013, 12:50 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We should get an NBA Forum Mock going with the lottery being tomorrow.

Old 05-20-2013, 01:02 PM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by princefielder28 View Post
I'm down if it happens.

Sig by the King BK

Fear the Spear - Winston Era has begun....
Quote:
"I wasn't going to lose to Miami, no matter what," Freeman said. "It means a lot to go out there and beat them. Every time I get a chance, I want to destroy them."
BallerT1215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 05:56 PM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
You need a new sig.

I think you guys should trade up and not settle for Shabazz.
I do agree.. Trading up for McLemore/Burke is a splendid idea.

Old 05-20-2013, 08:28 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
I do agree.. Trading up for McLemore/Burke is a splendid idea.
Would the Pistons give up a 2014 1st to trade up?

Your sig is gonna give me nightmares. I might have to mod edit that bad boy.
Old 05-21-2013, 12:22 AM    (permalink
mqtirishfan
All-Pro

mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BallerT1215 View Post
What about a comparison to KG for him?

Not the current KG, but the 18 year old that came into the league.

Edit: Starts at :45

Your video completely undermines your comparison. KG in his rookie year was still KG. Noel will never be that kind of offensive threat.

Also, I'm officially on the Pistons winning the lottery bandwagon. Sure, it probably won't happen, but Drummond, Monroe and McLemore would be so awesome.
mqtirishfan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 12:43 AM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mqtirishfan View Post
Your video completely undermines your comparison. KG in his rookie year was still KG. Noel will never be that kind of offensive threat.

Also, I'm officially on the Pistons winning the lottery bandwagon. Sure, it probably won't happen, but Drummond, Monroe and McLemore would be so awesome.
Kings win lottery, trade Drummond for Cousins and swap 1st picks. Deal?

Oldie but a goodie.
nobodyinparticular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 02:18 AM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Would the Pistons give up a 2014 1st to trade up?

Your sig is gonna give me nightmares. I might have to mod edit that bad boy.
We owe a first rounder to Charlotte from the Ben Gordon/Corey Maggette trade.. I guess our best asset would be cap space, and maybe someone would want one of our guards or something.

Old 05-21-2013, 02:21 AM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
maybe someone would want one of our guards or something.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!

Oldie but a goodie.
nobodyinparticular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 08:39 AM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by princefielder28 View Post
Just give me the Mavs whenever it goes up.

Edit: Take that back, I'll take Charlotte for kicks.

Last edited by Paul : 05-21-2013 at 09:09 AM.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 12:56 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

NBA Forum Mock

http://draftcountdown.com/forum/show...42#post3369142

Old 05-21-2013, 02:27 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
We owe a first rounder to Charlotte from the Ben Gordon/Corey Maggette trade.. I guess our best asset would be cap space, and maybe someone would want one of our guards or something.
Would you trade Drummond to move up for Burke?
Old 05-21-2013, 02:38 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

Quote:
Would you trade Drummond to move up for Burke?
Drummond showed promise this year so I don't see any way the Pistons move him, especially for any player in this draft.

Old 05-21-2013, 03:40 PM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Does Mclemore score any way other than alley-oops, fastbreaks and spot-up 3's?