Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 05-21-2013, 05:27 AM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Me wally and shiney had a pretty epic night of killing people tonight. After wally logged off we stashed our gear and loaded up to kill some people by spawn. I went undercover to try to lure some guys in with a free ride and got about 3-4 people to come near my van and forenci and shiney unloaded on them and got one or 2 guys. I played it cool and panicked with them (I deserve an oscar btw) and followed one of the guys trying to hunt forenci and shiney up in the woods. He's shooting at them and hitting them so at that point I had to turn on him before he killed them and shoot him. If I could've stayed undercover long enough I couldve kept setting them up to die all night lol. After like 5 attempts from them trying to kill us they finally got us.

I got some of the action recorded on fraps, cain you need to get back on with us!

bantx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 05:31 AM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It was pretty amazing. Shiney and I were up in these forest mountains sniping down when everything went down. Haha, combat is SO intense against other players. The idea that you lose everything when you die really makes everything so dramatic.

The guy who killed me finally I also ended up killing, haha.
Old 05-21-2013, 10:43 AM    (permalink
StripedWalrus
Pro Bowler

StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yea it was a pretty good night. Seems everything starts to happen when I log off. lol But I was able to piss some guys off and shoot down a helicopter!
StripedWalrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 11:01 AM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Indeed! haha.

It's alright. If you're on tonight I think we're planning to do it again.
Old 05-21-2013, 11:07 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Who is Shiney?

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 11:08 AM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
Who is Shiney?
Wally's brother. I'm not sure he's on the forums. I don't think he is.

ALSO YOU SUCK, VIDAE! You should play with us and not your lame friends who will quit.
Old 05-21-2013, 11:24 AM    (permalink
StripedWalrus
Pro Bowler

StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forenci View Post
Wally's brother. I'm not sure he's on the forums. I don't think he is.

ALSO YOU SUCK, VIDAE! You should play with us and not your lame friends who will quit.
He is my brother and no he is not on the forum. However that is prolly for the best because he is a Ravens fan. BOOOOOOO!

Vidae will just quite on us anyway. He would prolly turn on us and kill us on the reg.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forenci View Post
Indeed! haha.

It's alright. If you're on tonight I think we're planning to do it again.
Yea I plan on getting on tonight. So that should be lotsa fun.
Old 05-22-2013, 02:06 AM    (permalink
StripedWalrus
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by bantx View Post
Me wally and shiney had a pretty epic night of killing people tonight. After wally logged off we stashed our gear and loaded up to kill some people by spawn. I went undercover to try to lure some guys in with a free ride and got about 3-4 people to come near my van and forenci and shiney unloaded on them and got one or 2 guys. I played it cool and panicked with them (I deserve an oscar btw) and followed one of the guys trying to hunt forenci and shiney up in the woods. He's shooting at them and hitting them so at that point I had to turn on him before he killed them and shoot him. If I could've stayed undercover long enough I couldve kept setting them up to die all night lol. After like 5 attempts from them trying to kill us they finally got us.

I got some of the action recorded on fraps, cain you need to get back on with us!
You missed it tonight. Got a 800+ Meter Snipe and Forenci, shiny and I all got copters and each flew around.
Old 05-22-2013, 09:49 AM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

damnit! i fell asleep around 11 last night i was exhausted for some reason.

Old 05-22-2013, 09:49 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StripedWalrus View Post
Vidae will just quite on us anyway. He would prolly turn on us and kill us on the reg.
I hadn't planned on it before but now I'm gunna hunt you fools down.

Old 05-22-2013, 04:45 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Come join us, Vidae! DO IT!
Old 05-25-2013, 04:11 AM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

Damnit guys we need more people on!

Me and Forenci had a pretty epic battle, we finally got some sniper rifles and head up to a mountain overlooking a airfield when a chopper comes flying near us he sprays his gunner at me and im barrel rolling and dodging that **** like the matrix, our sniper guns did some damage to his chopper. His gunner ejected out in his parachute and he landed a distance away. Forenci snipes the guy that hops out the chopper and we go loot his ****. He was loaded either he hit every crash site or he was a hacker. His friend that ejected comes climbing up the mountain and I see him so we shoot him and blood goes flying and he falls. I run over there and hes gone??? No way he regain consciousness that fast and gets away. h4x02z. But as we were in our sniping spot some random guy kills forenci with a m9, had to be a hacker he came out of no where and knew exactly where we were after we re-positioned. I log out lose my **** and it ends like everynight our stuff gone because of bs. But intense gun fights, you guys need to hop on damnit!

Old 06-28-2013, 03:40 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Summary recap of Rezzed 2013 DayZ Standalone demo

• Hunger and thirst values, using values based on real human biology (researched on how many calories humans would use) Also attached to sunshine. More sunshine = more calories used whereas running inside mea ns less calories used
• Gas masks!
• Saline + transfusion assembly creates a transfusion kit that can be used to raise your blood pressure (blood) a bit
• Creating ability to collect blood from yourself or other people, but you must keep it refrigerated
• Need to find disinfectant to disinfect items to prevent getting diseases such as cholera
• Radios: Contains music, and user made internet radio stations. Can select radio channels. Can run around with the radio on, people around you will hear the radio. Hall suggests this can be used to trick people – can put the radio on the ground. Sound is vicinity based – further you go away from the radio, the less loud it sounds
• Removed as many visual blockers as possible – more based on textual, animation, etc. to let you know what you need to
• Crafts a gas canister and a cooker to create a gas cooker. Can put a butane torch on it to set things on fire
• Combines duct tape, road flare, and a can of gas to create improvised explosive
• Added a bunch of new crafting items (since E3 demo)
• Can put any object in your hand and use items this way (i.e. put the disinfectant in your hand and spray something that’s on the ground)'
• Weapon attachment system: Can find various scopes, silencers, and other attachments to your guns. A lot of different attachments planned
• All weapons in DayZ are new weapons (all are remade)
• Loot spawning in dynamic locations: have to check under beds, car wrecks, etc.
• Any doors you can’t enter will have wood across them so you know you can’t enter them
• Attacks/animations still not synced
• Foot damage. Different value of damage based on what you run on and your shoes. If you take your shoes off or they get destroyed and not replaced, you can take foot damage and will limp around if you don’t heal yourself or find new shoes. Different surfaces give different damage (i.e. concrete more foot damage than dirt)
• Use purification tablets in water to avoid sickness
• Going to add gathering (chopping wood, picking up grass from the ground, etc). Used primarily for crafting
• UI is still just a placeholder visually. Temporary values for holding items. Pants, shirts, jackets, etc will hold different amounts of items
• When you’re hungry, right now you will see contextual text saying you’re hungry. This will eventually change to be animation/sound cues down the road
• All status messages are generated by the server so it curtails hacking: can’t generate items, server controls client completely (MMO architecture)
• “We’ve set a date now, a window of about of a week, we’re not going to say when that is.”
• No 50,000 key increment. Will be available to everyone at once.
• Low poly, but high detail to look realistic – done mainly for performance
• Every item that was in the mod has been redone
• Timed improvised explosive: road flare, can of spray paint, and a cooking timer
• Walkie talkies require batteries
• Use walkie talkies/radios to communicate with other people. Signal and ability to hear other users will fade on it as you get further away. 1 km range
• Adding tools so you will be able to remove parts from a vehicle (vehicles won’t be there initially in alpha)
• They’re doing “some cool things with syringes”
• Stances from Arma II have been changed. Took the Arma 3 guy to work on DayZ stances. When running, you can change your stance but it’s not meant to feel “military.” Still a work in progress though.
• Zombies will be attracted to sight, sound - can track players
• Zombies spawn right at start of mission/server. If you clear a zone, zombies will not respawn their until players leave that area. However, zombies can roam through the countryside and come through the town. They are considering, if you don’t move around much in town that has been cleared, that zombies will come and attack the town you’re in
• Game server doesn’t calculate what loot spawns where. Means loot maps can’t be made. Certain items controlled centrally by server economy. Can make it so only one thermal weapon spawns for the entire Earth. Wants to make some super rare weapons. Focusing on weapons that allow some degree of customization.
• Everyone has the same view distance in the game. Many settings will be forced server side, such as object view distance. Will allow flexibility of this though on servers
• Working on lockable containers
• Working on police station that has lockable armory. May have to get crowbar or explosives to open it
• Focused on performance and security. Graphics are secondary.
• Examine item feature planned
• In Day Z SA, all objects are essentially vehicles. Helmet can have damage texture. Helmet mask can come down. Can see shoes get damage.
• Hall says he will be relying on alpha testers for information on what works and what doesn’t.
• If you disconnect, your player sits down for 30 seconds after you leave (WoW style) to prevent combat logging
• Can shoot items on the ground. Items can have cholera on them. Shoot a radio it breaks. Shoot a gas canister it explodes
• Trying and experimenting a lot of features to see how users like it in the alpha and will use feedback to make decisions
• Hundreds of items in game currently. Thousands planned by official release of game
• Medical system revamped. Real world types of antibiotics. User must figure out which antibiotics go with what disease.
• Focus on more “neutral” interactions. For example, users can find a rare cholera vaccine. Can be traded for significant items
• Trading (intense trading scenarios as Hall says) will be encouraged to survive
• Trading UI planned
• Items have resources assigned to them (cola gives you calories and liquid, as well as sugar. If you ran around just chugging tons of cola you would get sick/vomit/etc.)
• Multiple uses for items. Spray cans can paint items, or be used in improvised explosive
• Hall says there will be several “classes,” but not in conventional way. People will become experts in medical stuff, explosives, repairing vehicles, etc.
• Weapon maintenance: Will be able to clean your weapon

ALSO: Some other things I've heard from various other places from Hall: Base building down the road, later this year. Hall would like for their to be underground bases where it takes on a "Red Faction" style where you have to dig it out and such. If this doesn't work, some sort of top down building method where you can set alarms, defenses, etc.
Old 06-29-2013, 01:10 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Dibs on being the dedicated medical guy.

Old 06-29-2013, 02:14 PM    (permalink
StripedWalrus
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
Dibs on being the dedicated medical guy.
I need PAIN KILLERS!
Old 06-29-2013, 03:59 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by StripedWalrus View Post
I need PAIN KILLERS!
You need somethin alright!

Old 07-15-2013, 08:37 PM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Combine Ops or Complete Collection?

Oldie but a goodie.
nobodyinparticular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 08:44 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

How much longer?
Old 07-15-2013, 11:09 PM    (permalink
StripedWalrus
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by nobodyinparticular View Post
Combine Ops or Complete Collection?
Combined Ops

Quote:
Originally Posted by brat316 View Post
How much longer?
as of right now 12 hours and 50 minutes.
Old 07-15-2013, 11:54 PM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I caved...

I'm in...

Oldie but a goodie.
nobodyinparticular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 06:46 PM    (permalink
StripedWalrus
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by nobodyinparticular View Post
I caved...

I'm in...
WOOOO! a solid investment!
Old 07-18-2013, 07:06 AM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Someone should PM me the server/vent info :D
Trogdor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 05:31 AM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

OH **** I THINK IT MIGHT BE HAPPENING!

DayZ Reddit is blowing up.

http://www.reddit.com/r/dayz/

Certainly nothing official but I do not think Hall would want people to start "getting hyped" unless a release was somewhat imminent.
Old 11-08-2013, 05:40 AM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Don't tease me Fagenci

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 05:42 AM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Haha, unless they are playing an incredibly cruel practical joke then I expect it to be soon, damn it.