Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 05-22-2013, 05:52 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I never buy used games so I don't really care to be honest.
Old 05-22-2013, 05:54 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Either way the fact that anyone here believed for a second that that was true is ridiculous.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 05:57 PM    (permalink
Bulldogs
All-Pro

Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The fee isn't the price of a full game...
Old 05-22-2013, 06:00 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splat View Post
I'm a Nintendo fanboy and even I don't have or plan to get a Wii U.

Their stupid gamepad style controller and lack of 3rd party games has turned me away.
3rd party games suck though and i can just dl them on a pc

btw i don't plan on buying either, maybe a ps4 in like 3 years if it isnt horrible

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 06:40 PM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think Matt and Trey had a good line describing last years E3 at the beginning of their presentation.

bantx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 07:59 PM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jvig43 View Post
As of now what? Show me one legitimate link that claims that they'll charge the same price for used games? Why would they be used games when you could buy the same game new for just as much? Lets use our noodles here.
Fwiw this is what I was talking about.

Quote:
Can I play my friend's games on my console?
NO, not unless you're signed in as them. Otherwise you will have to pay, full-price, to access that game. The clearest stance on this comes from Eurogamer's interview with Harrison: "I can come to your house and I can put the disc into your machine and I can sign in as me and we can play the game. The bits are on your hard drive. At the end of the play session, when I take my disc home - or even if I leave it with you - if you want to continue to play that game [on your profile] then you have to pay for it. The bits are already on your hard drive, so it's just a question of going to our [online] store and buying the game, and then it's instantly available to play. The bits that are on the disc, I can give to anybody else, but if we both want to play it at the same time, we both have to own it. That's no different to how discs operate today."
Microsoft's Major Nelson (Larry Hyrb) put it this way: "Should you choose to play your game at your friend’s house, there is no fee to play that game while you are signed in to your profile." But then if you go home and leave the disc with your friend, they will have to pay for that game if they want to play it on their own profile.
This addresses the other issue.

Quote:
Can it play pre-owned games?
YES, but we don't know how, and Microsoft isn't saying. It's likely to be based on a license system. The official Xbox One FAQ is brief on this issue: "We are designing Xbox One to enable customers to trade in and resell games. We’ll have more details to share later." That has been echoed since by Harrison and Hyrb.
So you will be able to trade in games both at retail and through some kind of online service, but we're not likely to get the details on exactly how that works for some time yet.
http://m.ign.com/articles/2013/05/22...-and-dont-know

Also currently no headsets will work with the ONE.

Last edited by Bert Macklin : 05-22-2013 at 08:03 PM.
Bert Macklin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 09:01 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bert Macklin View Post
Fwiw this is what I was talking about.

This addresses the other issue.

http://m.ign.com/articles/2013/05/22...-and-dont-know

Also currently no headsets will work with the ONE.
Nowhere in that did it say you would pay full price as a used game fee. And much of this is speculation. And assuming they wont allow for headsets? Come on now.......

Quote:
Quote:
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Old 05-22-2013, 09:11 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
so is irregardless, that doesn't mean it's ok to say in public.

on topic, without backwards compatibility, i likely won't be buying an xbox this time around. i won't be sucked into fable again, and mass effect is over. that pretty much covers the xbox exclusives i cared about. i'd have considered it, if it meant i could sell my current, hd-less xbox. and granted, that's not the only reason, and i fully understand why they won't do it. but it means i'm no longer in their market. the used game thing doesn't matter at all, to me.

if ps4 does always-on stupidity, i'll probably just skip this round of consoles and grab another video card or something for my computer.

which is interesting to me... last time, i bought the ps3 right when it came out (and an xbox not too long after). i was excited about the features, about the announced games. this time? meh. i don't really have any interest in either. which is probably good for my wallet.
They're doing another Mass Effect trilogy, I believe. I know they're already developing another Mass Effect game. Pretty sure it's going to be another trilogy.
Old 05-22-2013, 09:12 PM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Nowhere in that did it say you would pay full price as a used game fee. And much of this is speculation.
Quote:
Can I play my friend's games on my console?
NO, not unless you're signed in as them. Otherwise you will have to pay, full-price, to access that game.
Quote:
And assuming they wont allow for headsets? Come on now.......
Quote:
Of the many details that began to trickle out of Microsoft's Xbox One reveal, the next-gen console's controller accessory port went largely unnoticed, but its inclusion could have a lasting impact for players. As we learned during our hands-on session, the new controller will come equipped with a new, proprietary data port that replaces the chat cable connector found on the current generation, which a trusted source tell us will make the system incompatible with existing gaming headsets, including high-end audio products like those made by Astro Gaming, Turtle Beach, Tritton, and others.

While game audio will be available through the system's optical port, in order to support chat communications, headsets will be required to make use of the new connection type. While it's possible that either Microsoft or third-party makers could develop an adapter to offer backwards compatibility, we're told that the new port is part of a larger strategy to gain control over the accessory market.

Manufacturers will not only need to develop entirely new products for the new connection standard, but use licensing and authentication protocols from Microsoft, potentially driving up costs for consumers. The licensing program could also limit the variety and competitive nature of the accessory market since all manufacturers would be required to adhere to Microsoft's terms.

On the other hand, the proprietary format could offer significant improvements to the chat audio experience. The new data port reportedly supports stereo audio, potentially for the purpose of delivering game audio directly from the controller or simply boosting mono chat audio in the current-gen to stereo. In the case of the latter, stereo chat audio could lead to virtualized directional communications, allowing players to hear where a nearby player is speaking from a feature currently found in PC titles like ARMA 2.

When reached for comment, Microsoft representatives didn't explicitly state that current hardware was incompatible, but rather that the company was focusing on new devices:

"We are working with 3rd party headset manufacturers to create new headsets that will take full advantage of the Xbox One technology," company representatives said. "We will share more details in the future."

It's also unclear is whether Microsoft is currently developing a headset solution of its own or will instead utilize the Kinect's noise cancellation and player detection technology to serve as the primary chat receiver.
http://m.ign.com/articles/2013/05/22...aming-headsets
Old 05-22-2013, 09:15 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It says full-price to access to the game, it does not say you will have to pay the full price of the game to access it. Very different things. Could just be IGN's craptastic ability to write, but that's not saying it will be full price to play a friends game.
Old 05-22-2013, 09:17 PM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forenci View Post
It says full-price to access to the game, it does not say you will have to pay the full price of the game to access it. Very different things. Could just be IGN's craptastic ability to write, but that's not saying it will be full price to play a friends game.
That's exactly what it says. I know you can read.
Old 05-22-2013, 09:20 PM    (permalink
Bulldogs
All-Pro

Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Highly highly doubt it. From the sounds of the Cloud Based system it will be attached to your gamertag so you could just recover your tag and play at your buddies.
Old 05-22-2013, 09:24 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bert Macklin View Post
That's exactly what it says. I know you can read.
Uh no, no it didn't. It just says full price. It could be full price for whatever fee they're going to require you to pay OR full price for the game. Again, it's not clear.

Quote:
bleh. hopefully they're fully onboard the non-exclusive train and it comes out in time to play it on the ps3. though i'm not really sure what's left in that universe.
I'm sure it will come out on the PC at some point too.
Old 05-22-2013, 10:02 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Mass Effect isn't an Xbox exclusive. The first one was but not any more. I have the trilogy on PS3. I really hope the next one will be on PS3 but it will probably be on PS4,Xbox One and PC. :(

Xbox One is such a stupid name... I don't even like typing it.

Last edited by Splat : 05-22-2013 at 10:05 PM.
Splat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 10:16 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

It's better than Wii or Wii U though. Playstation 4 is just unoriginal but works.
Old 05-22-2013, 10:21 PM    (permalink
Brothgar
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think I'm done with X-Box assuming PS4 doesn't **** the gamers like X-Box is doing.

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Quote:
oh please. as if canadians even know what beer is.
Brothgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 10:36 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

I give credit to Sony. They have been very mum on used games and such. They've already said no backwards compatibility but they have kept quiet on a lot of the hot button issues. Microsoft just came out and said all the faults.
Old 05-23-2013, 05:55 AM    (permalink
rchrd
Veteran

rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forenci View Post
I give credit to Sony. They have been very mum on used games and such. They've already said no backwards compatibility but they have kept quiet on a lot of the hot button issues. Microsoft just came out and said all the faults.
Sony have already said there will be no restrictions on second hand games, and that it will not be always online.
Old 05-23-2013, 07:04 AM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by rchrd View Post
Sony have already said there will be no restrictions on second hand games, and that it will not be always online.
Link?

And yeah Sony has done a great job of staying out of the **** storm Microsoft has found themselves in. Microsoft is doing a terrible job thus far of appealing to the actual gaming community.

Quote:
Quote:

Last edited by Jvig43 : 05-23-2013 at 08:11 AM.
Old 05-23-2013, 07:51 AM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Sony isn't hardware blocking or requiring online registration for every game. They are leaving it to the publisher as to whether or not to screw over gamers.

Quote:
Speaking at a roundtable session with the press attended by Ars Technica, Shuhei Yoshida stated that "when you purchase the disc-based games for PS4, that should work on any hardware." When asked whether games would require online registration, Yoshida noted that that decision was up to the publisher. When asked if Sony, as a publisher, would require games to be registered online, Yoshida said, "we are not talking about that plan."

While Yoshida's statement leaves open the possibility that individual publishers can still block used games at will, it's just as likely he was simply leaving the door open for the kind of "Online Pass" purchase systems that already routinely limit certain online game functions in used copies of games.
http://arstechnica.com/gaming/2013/0...ck-used-games/

Sony also already confirmed the system will NOT require Always-On.

Quote:
In an interview with Eurogamer at yesterday's big PS4 unveiling in New York, Sony's head of worldwide game studios, Shuhei Yoshida said, of PS4 gaming, "Oh yes, yes, you can go offline totally. Social is big for us, but we understand there are some people who are anti-social! So if you don't want to connect to anyone else, you can do that."
http://kotaku.com/5985874/ps4-will-n...ine-connection

So yeah this isn't the entire gaming industry dicking the community this time around. It's Micro$oft. It's a shame too this generation I definitely preferred my 360 but there isn't a snowball's chance in hell I'm going to buy the Xbox One.
Trogdor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 08:15 AM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

http://www.ign.com/wikis/xbox-one/PS...arison%20Chart

I'm just going to leave this here for reference so we can stop with all the unsubstantiated claims being thrown around. Avoiding the questions isn't the same as announcing they wont be setting fees on used games.

In regards to Bert's quote, that isn't paying for a used game thats buying the whole damn game new. I read that article, they were referring to someone bringing a game over to another persons house, playing on the account and then leaving. If they wanted to resume playing the game they'd have to buy it full price online under their own account- not the same as buying a used game or the fees that will follow.

Quote:
Quote:

Last edited by Jvig43 : 05-23-2013 at 08:18 AM.
Old 05-23-2013, 08:15 AM    (permalink
Brothgar
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Link?

And yeah Sony has done a great job of staying out of the **** storm Microsoft has found themselves in. Theyre doing a terrible job thus far of appealing to the actual gaming community.
http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news...ing-Used-Games

According to this article you will be able to buy and play used games ... on campaign mode but you will need a code for online play. Which is already being done on the 360 for games like Far Cry 3. I like this approach a lot better. It is a happy medium.

Quote:
Tretton's support of used games seems somewhat hollow, however, given that Sony is currently pushing the PSN Pass system, which requires second hand game owners to buy codes to use their games online. He did qualify his statements by adding that Japanese Sony executives may not see eye to eye with him on the matter.

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Quote:
oh please. as if canadians even know what beer is.
Brothgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 08:23 AM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brothgar View Post
http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news...ing-Used-Games

According to this article you will be able to buy and play used games ... on campaign mode but you will need a code for online play. Which is already being done on the 360 for games like Far Cry 3. I like this approach a lot better. It is a happy medium.
Yeah I think gamers would be far more receptive to that model, I would be too. I'm just really thankful at this point that I only buy a handful of games a year and don't have to worry about any of this.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 05-23-2013, 08:23 AM    (permalink
WCH
Pro Bowler

WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm not much of a gamer, but my friends are all mad as hell right now. Nobody is amused.
WCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 09:52 AM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Lol

Quote:
Quote: