Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 05-23-2013, 01:08 PM    (permalink
bigbuc
Veteran

bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default We " Knock " GM's for bad picks all the time.

But you never know how a kid is going to work after getting 3 to 10 million in the bank. It's part of the process that none of us will every truly know. Because even the players you're drafting don't know how the money will change them.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...ed-in-seattle/
bigbuc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 01:33 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I came aWay impressed by his honesty. Let's see if he can revive his career with us. I like the low risk move. Good signing by Reese.
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 01:35 PM    (permalink
robert pancake gallery
Veteran

robert pancake gallery is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.robert pancake gallery is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.robert pancake gallery is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.robert pancake gallery is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.robert pancake gallery is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.robert pancake gallery is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.robert pancake gallery is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.robert pancake gallery is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.robert pancake gallery is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.robert pancake gallery is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.robert pancake gallery is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

the 'lack of motivation' card just sounds like an excuse to me for why he sucked
robert pancake gallery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 04:15 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by robert pancake gallery View Post
the 'lack of motivation' card just sounds like an excuse to me for why he sucked
Maybe, but how often do you hear a player call himself out like that? At least it shows some accountability, and I'm sure he's smart enough to realize that if he still sucks going forward that it was more of just his suckiness then anything. Reality is a ton of players have this happen to them, some high profile some not so much. Some get lazy, fat, entitled, among other things.

In the end it comes down to being a bust but it's not always because they weren't talented enough to play the game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 04:58 PM    (permalink
DoughBoy
Pro Bowler

DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY+Giants=NYG View Post
I came aWay impressed by his honesty. Let's see if he can revive his career with us. I like the low risk move. Good signing by Reese.

I highly doubt it becomes a "good signing." He is the linebacker equivalent of Taylor Mays... meaning he has talent, but doesn't have the first clue of how to use it. We get these kind of signings every year where people think this athletic player is going to thrive in a new system and they never do. ex: Vernon Gholston,Amobi Okoye, Taylor Mays, Kentwan Balmer, Jarvis Moss just to name a few. There is a 99% chance he is going to remain the scrub he was in Seattle and Oakland.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jurrell Casey
I love light skin and white women but my main chick is brown skin
DoughBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 05:18 PM    (permalink
Brothgar
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So if he was selfish in Seattle then what happened in Oakland?

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
oh please. as if canadians even know what beer is.
Brothgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 05:27 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoughBoy View Post
I highly doubt it becomes a "good signing." He is the linebacker equivalent of Taylor Mays... meaning he has talent, but doesn't have the first clue of how to use it. We get these kind of signings every year where people think this athletic player is going to thrive in a new system and they never do. ex: Vernon Gholston,Amobi Okoye, Taylor Mays, Kentwan Balmer, Jarvis Moss just to name a few. There is a 99% chance he is going to remain the scrub he was in Seattle and Oakland.
Well our DL from the DEs to DTs are such that it will allow the LBs to stay clean. This is his last shot. If he fails he fades away. If he can make something of himself then good for us. Either way there is no risk. So the signing is good. Same thing we sis for Bennett at TE last year. He played very well and got his pay day. Reese is good when it comes to these one year show me deals. If the player fails no harm no foul.
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 05:48 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoughBoy View Post
*shrug* with our LB corps and how we use them, it'll be a "good signing" if he doesn't blow up his knee yesterday. That said I don't expect him to ever become the player he looked like at Wake, even though I gotta give him props for calling himself out and put NYC's spotlight on him and his work ethic. Few people who don't deal with the dredges realize just how awful a lot of NY sports fans are, especially because this board has about half of the good ones. They're not quite philly bad, cause they're not violent douchtards, but they still really suck.

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 06:19 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbuc View Post
But you never know how a kid is going to work after getting 3 to 10 million in the bank. It's part of the process that none of us will every truly know. Because even the players you're drafting don't know how the money will change them.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...ed-in-seattle/
I also think a lot of it is just them picking the wrong player for their own scheme. I know a lot of GMs like to take the best player regardless of scheme, because their is no guarantee that they will be running that scheme in a few years, but at the same time it makes little sense to take a guy that doesn't fit the scheme.

Another problem is just the place they go to, I don't believe that every player that ends up being a bust would have been a bust with every other team in the league. Sometimes guys just get drafted into bad coaching, bad influence etc.
mightytitan9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 06:38 PM    (permalink
broncosfan
Rookie

broncosfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.broncosfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.broncosfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.broncosfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.broncosfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.broncosfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.broncosfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.broncosfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.broncosfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.broncosfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.broncosfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mightytitan9 View Post
I also think a lot of it is just them picking the wrong player for their own scheme. I know a lot of GMs like to take the best player regardless of scheme, because their is no guarantee that they will be running that scheme in a few years, but at the same time it makes little sense to take a guy that doesn't fit the scheme.

Another problem is just the place they go to, I don't believe that every player that ends up being a bust would have been a bust with every other team in the league. Sometimes guys just get drafted into bad coaching, bad influence etc.
I totally agree with that part. On the other hand not every player would end up being the star they are right now, had they been drafted into a different situation. Guys like Tom Brady or Russell Wilson could have gone their entire careers unnoticed had they go to a different team, who knows.
broncosfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 07:00 PM    (permalink
asdf1223
Veteran

asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Agree with DoughBoy here, Curry's issues are instincts and I don't think it makes any difference if he works hard or not. He could have actually been more useful in a different era where LBs are not in space as much as these days because he's a really good run defender but is almost entirely useless in the modern NFL.
Old 05-23-2013, 08:35 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncosfan View Post
I totally agree with that part. On the other hand not every player would end up being the star they are right now, had they been drafted into a different situation. Guys like Tom Brady or Russell Wilson could have gone their entire careers unnoticed had they go to a different team, who knows.
Yeah, it's just impossible to tell.
mightytitan9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 03:34 AM    (permalink
Xonraider
All-Pro

Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well, he was pretty good in Oakland until he got hurt. I don't recall why we got rid of him to be honest but I don't have complaints about his level of play.
Old 05-24-2013, 08:58 PM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You know, it always amazes me how many flops were drafted by extremely weak GM's and how many success stories were drafted by the top GM's in the business. People always lump all GM's together when discussing flops and never differentiate between the weak ones and the good ones.
There is a reason why top teams remain on the top echelon of the NFL, year after year, and why some teams never prosper no matter how many times they get to draft early.
The great GM's can sit in an interview room and size up people's character with precision, the weak GM's don't have a clue how to do it and are basically just guessing on a prospect's character.

People watch the draft and assume that since team 'A' with its weak GM drafted player 'B', that every GM would have taken player 'B' if they had the chance, but the truth is that the top GM's chuckle to themselves when they see Team 'A's' draft pick and realize that another better prospect just slipped closer to their pick.
It is night and day when a great GM drafts from when a weak GM drafts, however to be fair, there is a discrepancy in the NFL between rich teams and money poor teams. Rich teams can have double the scouting department that a poor team can afford and can pay the cost of hiring far better proven scouts and scouting directors. inevitably leads to better drafts for richer teams if their owner isn't an interfering idiot, and weaker drafts for poorer teams who don't have a solid GM or an inept owner.