Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 05-24-2013, 08:34 PM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Anibal no hitter through 8 on 114 pitches.....

Yup...I'm that guy.

Sig by the King BK

Fear the Spear - Winston Era has begun....
Quote:
"I wasn't going to lose to Miami, no matter what," Freeman said. "It means a lot to go out there and beat them. Every time I get a chance, I want to destroy them."
BallerT1215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 08:40 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BallerT1215 View Post
Anibal no hitter through 8 on 114 pitches.....

Yup...I'm that guy.
Joe Mauer ends it

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 09:14 PM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by princefielder28 View Post
Joe Mauer ends it
Now I kind of feel bad.

Sig by the King BK

Quote:
"I wasn't going to lose to Miami, no matter what," Freeman said. "It means a lot to go out there and beat them. Every time I get a chance, I want to destroy them."
Old 05-24-2013, 09:52 PM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Now I kind of feel bad.
It's clearly your fault. You might consider suicide at this point.

I'm sorry Brian Sabean. I was wrong. I think I might have been right, but you have Scoreboard.
Borat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 09:55 PM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
It's clearly your fault. You might consider suicide at this point.
I'll pick out a nice ditch on the side of the road during my drive home from work tonite.

Sig by the King BK

Quote:
Old 05-24-2013, 10:24 PM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I'll pick out a nice ditch on the side of the road during my drive home from work tonite.
That sounds pleasant.

I'm sorry Brian Sabean. I was wrong. I think I might have been right, but you have Scoreboard.
Old 05-24-2013, 11:40 PM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

If it is just in the area of the plate...It's going...

Sig by the King BK

Quote:
Old 05-25-2013, 12:20 AM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
If it is just in the area of the plate...It's going...

Sick hand-eye coordination.

This might me his most memorable moment with Florida.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a6YzVvtxoaY
MaxV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 04:05 AM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Can the Reds and Pirates please start losing? Thanks. 31-16 yet a three game losing streak could drop us into 3rd place.

Good stuff from Lynn tonight, and Freese seems to be heating up! Kinda feel bad for Matt Adams, cards don't have a place to put him.
Old 05-25-2013, 08:57 AM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Pirates are at Miller Park. Followed by a start against Verlander. They'll take some losses here.

Thanks to The Dynasty for the sig
Smooth Criminal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 03:21 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So how is this year's draft? Because apparently the Twins are never going to win a game again.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 04:41 PM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo123 View Post
So how is this year's draft? Because apparently the Twins are never going to win a game again.
Not a good hitters draft but it has some really quality pitching prospects. I've heard Kohl Stewart's name associated with the Twins alot. He's got a really good fastball that hits upper 90's and a hard slider. Might be a hard sign though, two sport star, committed to play baseball and football at A&M.

For the Cards I want Ian Clarkin or Marco Gonzales at #19. And hopefully a MI at 28. Or if Manaea falls that far We'd have to take a look, he's had a few injuries this year which have really hurt his stock. But a lefty who has 97 mph heat doesn't grow on trees.
Old 05-25-2013, 04:41 PM    (permalink
mqtirishfan
All-Pro

mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo123 View Post
Unless Rodon's arm falls off from overuse, it's a damn fine year to be the worst team in baseball.

Edit: unless you just mean this year's draft because you don't care about the season now. What pick do the Twins have?
mqtirishfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 07:24 PM    (permalink
YotoJets007
Pro Bowler

YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Pitching still dominates for draft. Catching looks like the strongest position.

I want Harvey or college SS with fast track project for Yankees. Yankees with 3 bottom 1st round picks won't do any good.

Machete - Idzik.
First Kill - Ryan.
2nd Kill - Mornhinweg.
3rd Kill - Thurman.
YotoJets007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 07:31 PM    (permalink
Stash
Pro Bowler

Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So Matt Dominguez has 6 homers in his last 12 games.
Stash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 10:01 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by holt_bruce81 View Post
Not a good hitters draft but it has some really quality pitching prospects. I've heard Kohl Stewart's name associated with the Twins alot. He's got a really good fastball that hits upper 90's and a hard slider. Might be a hard sign though, two sport star, committed to play baseball and football at A&M.

For the Cards I want Ian Clarkin or Marco Gonzales at #19. And hopefully a MI at 28. Or if Manaea falls that far We'd have to take a look, he's had a few injuries this year which have really hurt his stock. But a lefty who has 97 mph heat doesn't grow on trees.
We definitely need some high ceiling pitching prospects, I like it. I think the new slotting system makes it a lot easier to sign picks too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mqtirishfan View Post
Unless Rodon's arm falls off from overuse, it's a damn fine year to be the worst team in baseball.

Edit: unless you just mean this year's draft because you don't care about the season now. What pick do the Twins have?
I meant the latter, we have the 4th pick.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 10:10 PM    (permalink
Stash
Pro Bowler

Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stash View Post
So Matt Dominguez has 6 homers in his last 12 games.
Make that 7, he hit two tonight. So do you think he figured something out or is this just a fluke?
Stash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 11:27 PM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Walk-off-inside-the-park-homeruns are kind of awesome.

Old 05-26-2013, 09:08 AM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Walk-off-inside-the-park-homeruns are kind of awesome.
Losing to the Rockies as many times as they have this year is not.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 04:05 PM    (permalink
PoopSandwich
All-Pro

PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

"If something happens, and it's the Cleveland Browns, I'm going to pour my heart out for the Dawg Pound and try to win a Super Bowl for Cleveland," he said. "I don't care if they've had 20 starting quarterbacks since 1999. I'm going to be the 21st and the guy that brought them the Super Bowl." - JFF
PoopSandwich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 04:09 PM    (permalink
Wootylicous
All-NFLDC

Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

#MoncriefArmy
Wootylicous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 04:44 PM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Pirates won a series in Miller Park!!!!

Thanks to The Dynasty for the sig
Smooth Criminal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 04:56 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ned Yost. Go away.

First, he runs that ****** lineup out AGAIN (you know, the one where the sub-260 OBP hitter leads off). Then he doesn't defend his best hitter getting ejected for arguing B's & S's. Then he hits Frenchy at DH for Butler with Miguel Tejada on the bench. Then he pinch hits Adam ******* Moore for George Walkeras (makes no ******* sense...why would you send a guy with 0 ABs out there to hit for a guy with a .390 OBP?) - again, with Tejada on the bench. Then he lets Getz AND Escobar hit in the bottom of the 9th (with Tejada and Moustakas on the bench). And then he lets Jeff Francouer hit with 2 on in the bottom of the 9th (with Tejada and Moustakas on the bench).

GTFO man. That's just retardation.

Last edited by nepg : 05-26-2013 at 05:03 PM.
nepg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 05:13 PM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

At least you're not the Marlins.

On Chris Perez, what he did today was utterly amazing in every way.

Sig by the King BK

Quote:
Old 05-26-2013, 07:56 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
At least you're not the Marlins.

On Chris Perez, what he did today was utterly amazing in every way.
More like "at least the Royals aren't my main team". I'd rather be the Marlins and expect to lose after what happened last year and this past off-season than losing 16 of 20 and watching the manager give up and make even worse (non-)decisions than before.

There's no excuse for losing the way the Royals are losing. They have the pitching, but the lineup is so badly put together, they can't string hits together to score runs. They don't even really need to go out and get anybody, either. They can get by with simple modifications.

Send Moose down, stop playing Francouer, stop playing Getz, change the batting order so the younger guys who are actually hitting have some protection...

Hosmer
Cain
Gordon
Butler
Perez

Let Miggy play. He's played in 2 games in the last 2 weeks. He has all of the Royals home runs in that time span. He's playing solid defense, he's getting on base, he's producing (.912 OPS). Why doesn't he play? ******* Ned. There's never a reason to play a guy with a sub-.600 OPS. The Royals start 3 of them consistently.

Stop sending guys in to pinch hit who are worse than the guys that were going to the plate otherwise (Adam Moore for George Walkeras..wtf?)

Last edited by nepg : 05-26-2013 at 08:03 PM.
nepg is offline   Reply With Quote