Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 05-25-2013, 10:32 PM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

get on right now!

bantx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 09:14 AM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Haha, super proud of by Orbital Refueling Space Station. I just put on the first refueling tanks. It was intense and quite awesome. It's going to make going to the moons of Kerbin even easier now. Docking is still a bit tough at the moment, but I have I've been working on it and have started to understand it it a little better. I typically have no problems getting within a km of it but using the maneuvers to actually dock is a bit rough still.

I designed a nice orbital lifting rocket to get those fuel tanks up there too. I get it to within 200 meters then release the final stage and just use the RCS to guide me in and send the previous stage back into Kerbin. It's pretty legit.

I put on the MechanicalJeb mod/plug-in but I find it quite annoying and prefer doing things the old-fashion way. I do like it for the read outs it gives, as well as the kill rotation feature.
Old 05-26-2013, 10:13 AM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I am awake, about to shower but ready to get some Day Z in!

Someone get on!
Old 05-26-2013, 02:39 PM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Lets play soon I got to get an oil change right now, but I'll be free after that.

Old 05-28-2013, 04:59 AM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Currently my orbital refueling station. It's coming along nicely. Finally starting to get the hang of meeting up in orbit and docking. It still is a pretty lengthy process but awesome nonetheless. I just need to slap on one more fuel tank to it. It's been super fun. Whenever I successfully dock I always do a big fist pump.

Question for njx: How do you suggest I go about setting up refueling stations on say..Minmus? Same thing? Put up the space station core and just bring the fuel tanks/parts to Minmus?

Or perhaps construct the fuel station in kebrin, launch a bigger rocket, dock to it and then bring it to Minmus that way?
Old 05-28-2013, 06:50 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Gotcha, haha. I was sort of using Minmus as a general planet, but my hope was to put orbital refueling stations around most planets, just for safety. I'll have to check out making a tug.
Old 05-28-2013, 08:12 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Haha damn that sounds quite awesome. I feel I'm getting more a hand on the basics of the games (orbiting, docking, proper rocket building, etc.) so I'm going to start planning out some other stuff. Once my orbital refueling station is up I think I might do a quick landing on the Mun and Minmus, then try to shoot for a landing on Duna.
Old 05-30-2013, 10:39 AM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

DayZ is coming! Still on track for June Public Alpha :)

Quote:
Speaking to Gamasutra, Rocket spilled the beans on the first batch of testers: players who have been rewarded for their loyalty to the brutal ArmA 2 mod the past couple of years.

“So what we’re doing at the moment is, we gave free keys as a gift to the forum moderators, the Reddit moderators, people who helped out with DayZ development, and stuff like that,” Rocket explains. “I guess there’s about 30-100 people involved with that.”

“From here, once we’ve finished our server/client architecture—because we’re moving it an MMO model—we’re reviewing the situation of that in June, and then we do an alpha, just like Minecraft.”

There’s only one server in DayZ Standalone at the moment, but content updates are being delivered constantly. Like Minecraft, DayZ Standalone plans to charge a small amount to players during the public alpha, with the price increasing steadily as it nears completion. During alpha, Rocket plans to allow players access to either the latest stable build, or the experimental build on the developers’ desktops.

Though the first proposed release date “sailed on by” while Rocket and friends worked to implement the MMO model, it’s looking like DayZ standalone is still on target for a June alpha release.

Also as far as KSP damn you guys. I played it a few times and quit but then reading all the fun you guys are having I picked it back up and am hooked. Managed to get the basics (orbiting, Mun landing, and a reliable rocket for exploring) but am still learning how to launch anything heavy into orbit. Trying to do it 100% without reading guides/builds online as it is a blast to run through trial and error. Space-planes are impossible unless an engineering degree I think as I've killed more pilots on those death-trap attempts than I have in the many, MANY, explosions on failed rockets.
Trogdor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 10:47 AM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah I gave KSP a quick go last night... both rockets wouldn't launch :-/

Sooo I think I am going to give it a real go tonight since I caught up on a lot of what I needed to do around the house.
Old 05-30-2013, 11:13 AM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImBrotherCain View Post

Sooo I think I am going to give it a real go tonight since I caught up on a lot of what I needed to do around the house.
Keep at it! I imagine you learn a ton off of each launch. I'm very happy I didn't go surfing for solutions as figuring out what works and what didn't is honestly the most fun I've had in recent memory. I imagine the Kerbals didn't agree as I wasn't the nice guy testing unmanned solutions I went straight to blowing them up.

:/ Definitely forgot a parachute the one time on my unpowered final lander/re-entry stage and watched a Kerbal smash into the ocean at warp-speed.
Trogdor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 11:27 AM    (permalink
StripedWalrus
Pro Bowler

StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

You should be playing Dayz
StripedWalrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 11:27 AM    (permalink
Damix
All-Pro

Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm going to give KSP a try in the next week or so.
Damix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 11:33 AM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by StripedWalrus View Post
You should be playing Dayz
I can't be up till ungodly hours on weeknights and you don't play until like 11 EST.
Old 05-30-2013, 01:40 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Quote:
I can't be up till ungodly hours on weeknights and you don't play until like 11 EST.
Bantx and I will sometimes hop on in the afternoon!

You better play this weekend though, or else!
Old 05-30-2013, 02:18 PM    (permalink
StripedWalrus
Pro Bowler

StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

we can play in the afternoon today if you want?

also Humble weekly sale has Telltale game for a buck...and Can get every episode of The Walking dead game for around 3.50.
Old 05-30-2013, 02:20 PM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
All-NFLDC

Well I can't do afternoons but after work I could probably hop on.
Old 05-30-2013, 02:38 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Quote:
Well I can't do afternoons but after work I could probably hop on.
When is that?!
Old 05-30-2013, 02:39 PM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forenci View Post
When is that?!
Get out at 5. Have some minor things to do so 6 EST.
Old 05-30-2013, 02:41 PM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

Id be willing to skip my gym time to play with the old group again around 6 est so lets do this!

Old 05-30-2013, 03:34 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Quote:
Get out at 5. Have some minor things to do so 6 EST.
So...are you only able to play after 6 or just the hour from 5 to 6?
Old 05-30-2013, 03:46 PM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
All-NFLDC

Able to play after 6 today.

(We could also organize this in the DayZ thread lol)
Old 05-30-2013, 04:55 PM    (permalink
StripedWalrus
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Able to play after 6 today.

(We could also organize this in the DayZ thread lol)
and miss the opportunity of hijacking this thread...never.
Old 05-30-2013, 05:10 PM    (permalink
StripedWalrus
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
this thread is literally just dayz and ksp at this point anyways.
So very true.

Guys ill be on a 6 to play since Cain actually said he will be on. So lets play together!
Old 05-31-2013, 02:33 AM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

My first landing on Minmus! I might have to have you take a look at the design of my rocket, njx! I liked it. I think with couple of fixes it's Duna worthy. My main issue came from the two part assembly I did with the lander. I couldn't reconnect. I used two Mk2 Lander cans with the Sr. docking ports (the big ones) and it didn't seem to work. They also seemed to be reversed, so my retrograde marker was actually my prograde. A bit confusing to say the least.
Old 06-01-2013, 05:08 AM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

is simcity still bad? I've been trying to find some other games to play when I'm not playing Day Z.