Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 05-25-2013, 03:36 PM    (permalink
Vikings4ever
Veteran

Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo123 View Post
This might be a stupid question but why do people care about always having it connected to the internet?
If the game company's servers go down, you can't play.

If your internet goes down, you can't play.

If you internet is acting up, you can get kicked mid game (repeatedly).
Vikings4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 03:46 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't mind the 24 hour check up, actually. I think that will curtail a lot of people from using modded Xbox's and such. One check up every 24 hours is not "always online."
Old 05-25-2013, 04:11 PM    (permalink
niel89
SuperBowl Prop Bet Winner
All-Pro

niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Games that have required always on for single player stuff have been rough lately. Not being able to play a campaign mode because of no internet is stupid. I often visit my parents house in the country and their internet is unstable at best. Its stupid to say I can't play non internet parts of a game when I want.

If everything works perfectly then there wont be issues, but no way in hell does everything work consistenly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy
niel89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 04:58 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by niel89 View Post
Games that have required always on for single player stuff have been rough lately. Not being able to play a campaign mode because of no internet is stupid. I often visit my parents house in the country and their internet is unstable at best. Its stupid to say I can't play non internet parts of a game when I want.

If everything works perfectly then there wont be issues, but no way in hell does everything work consistenly.
Again, it's a 24 hour check up. It's there so if you do have crap internet it won't effect anything really. You can play single player games without the internet.

If you're just talking generally about always online (not the Xbox in this instance) then I agree completely. True always online is absurd.
Old 05-26-2013, 03:34 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Every 24 hours is always online. They did that to make it sound less bad, but who the **** is going to plug their **** in and then disconnect every day? No ******* one.

It's garbage. I haven't had XBLive for about 2 years. I don't play console games online. I play MLB the Show, Gran Turismo, and some action games on my consoles. That's it. No ******* need to be online ever.

I mostly just don't support it because people in the gaming industry think they're fighting piracy. When they use DRM, they clearly do not understand the reasoning behind piracy. Piracy doesn't affect sales. Heck, it's actually good for the gaming industry.

Last edited by nepg : 05-26-2013 at 03:39 PM.
nepg is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 03:41 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wait, so are you gonna be forced to pay for a XBL subscription? I know just about everyone has high speed internet now, but if you don't have internet at all, will it be unusable?
Old 05-26-2013, 04:02 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetSox17 View Post
Wait, so are you gonna be forced to pay for a XBL subscription? I know just about everyone has high speed internet now, but if you don't have internet at all, will it be unusable?
Yeah, I understand that. I mean, I understand that most people who probably don't have internet won't be buying a pricey console but I think it still should have the ability to be offline.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nepg View Post
Every 24 hours is always online. They did that to make it sound less bad, but who the **** is going to plug their **** in and then disconnect every day? No ******* one.

It's garbage. I haven't had XBLive for about 2 years. I don't play console games online. I play MLB the Show, Gran Turismo, and some action games on my consoles. That's it. No ******* need to be online ever.

I mostly just don't support it because people in the gaming industry think they're fighting piracy. When they use DRM, they clearly do not understand the reasoning behind piracy. Piracy doesn't affect sales. Heck, it's actually good for the gaming industry.
I understand. I guess being a PC gamer I'm already use to this crap. Still, it's pretty lame. I agree piracy doesn't really impact sales. Most people who pirate games either don't want to buy the game or can't afford to.

It's the same with Nintendo supposedly stealing the profit of any Lets Play youtube videos using their content. So, dick over people who are pretty much giving your game free advertising? That makes sense...
Old 05-26-2013, 04:05 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It's just stupid, there's a myriad of reasons other than not being able to afford internet, for why you can't have internet. Technical issues, relocation, ISP problems, etc. Will it be unplayable then? And does anyone know if having a XBL subscription will be required?
Old 05-26-2013, 04:11 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I mean, I like Steam, but I also think they use DRM for the benefit of the consumer. I can still play offline games without connecting to Steam.

EA and Microsoft view their consumers much differently than Valve.
Old 05-26-2013, 04:42 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
you're used to it from what? like, two total games ever trying to do it? simcity was high profile, because it was idiotic. not because it was 'normal'.
A lot more than two have done it. A bunch of Ubisoft games require/required it for a long time. Diablo 3, Starcraft II, etc. require being logged on.

And should clarify I was not just referring to online only. I also was referring to used game on the PC, which have not been allowed for a long long long time. Plus CD-Keys, online activation, etc.
Old 05-26-2013, 04:58 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

PC makes up for lack of used games by having massive price cuts on software frequently.

And there was just as much backlash against D3 as there was for SimCity. SC2 was pulled off relatively well even though people also weren't happy about the single player campaign requiring a login...

Last edited by nepg : 05-26-2013 at 05:05 PM.
nepg is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 08:43 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

I think it's pretty lame but it's the stance Sony and Microsoft are taking. I do understand making a console backwards compatible can cost a lot of money, though.

Maybe have an option where you can buy it with backwards compatibility or not? I'm not really sure.
Old 05-28-2013, 08:57 PM    (permalink
Scotty D
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

They will put 360 classics on the Xbox One's games on demand service and release collections on disc. They will get people to buy them again. Not saying its the reason they are ditching backwards compatibility.

sig by BoneKrusher
Scotty D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 09:19 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Don't worry everyone, we can always buy Nintendo products!

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 09:21 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
Don't worry everyone, we can always buy Nintendo products!
That isn't funny to joke about.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 10:24 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
relabeled the thread, given the upcoming release.
Well okay then!

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 12:03 PM    (permalink
nrk
Pro Bowler

nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
you're used to it from what? like, two total games ever trying to do it? simcity was high profile, because it was idiotic. not because it was 'normal'.
You forgot every MMO in existence :p

Sig by Hitman D.
nrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 09:02 AM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm just going to leave this here, because I laughed pretty ******* hard.

http://postarchives.entensity.net/05...Technology.php

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 07:16 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jvig43 View Post
I'm just going to leave this here, because I laughed pretty ******* hard.

http://postarchives.entensity.net/05...Technology.php
jesus christ, is that really one of their selling points..?
Old 06-04-2013, 09:06 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Any legitimacy to this, or just paranoia?

Old 06-04-2013, 09:12 PM    (permalink
niel89
SuperBowl Prop Bet Winner
All-Pro

niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That is way too paranoid. They probably could spy on you if they wanted, but they can also turn on your cell mic at any time and listen also.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy
niel89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 09:26 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

I don't know, using the mic or camera to better their target marketing is ridiculously creepy.
Old 06-04-2013, 09:29 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

just tape some foam over all of it.
Old 06-04-2013, 10:36 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

I'd like to see where their facts are coming from too.
Old 06-04-2013, 11:10 PM    (permalink
49erNation85
All-Pro

49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

People are looking into this kinect **** way too much already. I wish I had their free time.